Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions-June 2008

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

16.8mm so far today - brightening up a little but still raining moderately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Ditto to all that
    16.8mm also here.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Rain has just stopped here in the last few minutes.

Total of just 15mm recorded so far. Rather chilly out at 11.8C.

Lashing rain here again for the last while after a lull

36.6mm total now and rising

snowbie I tried to install that new programme and it went half way through and gave an error message "error 5"

Now WD wont start up at all dll file missing :(

14.7mm/hr rain rate now

37.1mm

• Advertisement

Lashing rain here again for the last while after a lull

36.6mm total now and rising

snowbie I tried to install that new programme and it went half way through and gave an error message "error 5"

Now WD wont start up at all dll file missing :(

14.7mm/hr rain rate now
    Try shutting WD and WDL display down and reinstall it.
    Make sure the icons are gone off the task bar.
    Save and exit, then download.

Stopped raining a little while ago.

Total rain fall was an impressive 38.9mm

snowbie-did that and now It won't open-gives an error specifying an invalid address path :confused:

I think i now remember why I didn't update it the last time and stopped bothering...except now I've no WD at all working :(

I'll go at it again later when I've more time.

Do a system restore to bring your PC back to an earlier state to a time before you downloaded the version? That will get WD back for you.
    invalid address path

Also did you download the exe file or the zip?
    The exe should install it directly into your WD folder. Hit Run instead of save.

It is something simple, the prog sounds buggy or a file along the way got corrupted if you experienced this before.
    Send Brian a Pm.He will ask you to email him a file from your WD folder and he will check it out for you.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

17.4mm in total so far today since 5.45am. Sun has poked out now - a humid/balmy 19.0c

Will do snowbie.

Never brightened up here and theres a little light rain again now.
    Totals gone up to 39.1mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Pretty dark outside but light rain currently.
    Still a paltry 18.8mm here compared to others, seems like I'm in a mountain shadow or smth.
    Amazing to see Mothmans 32mm currently - hes only about 7 miles away from in a line directly east.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Big differences in temperature across the country at the moment - 20C at Shannon but only 10C at Knock and Ballyhaise! Here heavy rain has started again and it's only 14.5C (max for day so far) (again big contrast to DOCARCH's 19C on the other side of the city!)

20.3mm with a 44mm/hr max rain rate
    15.1C
    1004.2mb
    DP 14C

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Weather BOFH

Got up to 16.7C here an hour ago just a bit down the road from DOCARCH but now back to 15.6C.

Raining here again now, total of 16.5mm so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Big differences in temperature across the country at the moment - 20C at Shannon but only 10C at Knock and Ballyhaise! Here heavy rain has started again and it's only 14.5C (max for day so far) (again big contrast to DOCARCH's 19C on the other side of the city!)
    Shannon 21C!! 6pm report
    Next highest Birr 17C
    Knock 10C
    Belmullet/Claremorris 11C

Cork AP 9.5mm past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mothman wrote: »
    Shannon 21C!! 6pm report
    Next highest Birr 17C
    Knock 10C
    Belmullet/Claremorris 11C

Cork AP 9.5mm past hour

Brilliant!, now stuff like the weather today is why our weather fascinates me.

Heres a pic I took above Glendalough this morning. As you can see the rivers there are thundering and gathering soil.

muddy_river.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hope it gets alot more interesting in the next few hours again and overnight.

Warm air is being advected north just ahead of the LP centre off our west coast, so if anything the rain/showers should intensify over the next while and everyone should feel it getting more humid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can do without interesting to be honest. Still tipping down. Windy. Is a non Hurricane Charlie record going to be set for this 24 hrs?

Mike.

Snowbie wrote: »
    20.3mm with a 44mm/hr max rain rate
    15.1C
    1004.2mb
    DP 14C

Almost ditto - up to 20.4mm now from that last 'shower' - 16.5c here and sultry (Irish sultry!)

• Advertisement

Total now 40.1mm and rising

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Very humid feeling outside after some very heavy rain- getting quite dark now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Shannon maxed at 21.2C, no wonder about the storms in Galway.

Rain
    Totals to 18z
    Johnstown Castle 54mm
    Cork AP 44mm
    Roches Point 40mm
    Valentia 25mm
    Belmullet 0.7mm
    Malin Head 0.1mm

my total today is now at 41.1mm and rising slowly.

All time wettest day was last october 12 months at 48mm iirc

Torrential downpour now

All passed here now looking at the radar :( no thunder. Main area of rain is out the the west-north. Nothing to look forward to now for a couple of hours at least.

Amazing clearance here in last 20 minutes- clear blue skies now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Persistant rain here since about 2pm, clearing up now with blue skies and some sunshine.

22.1mm so far today
    14.8C currently and a max of 15.3C
    Dp 14C
    1001.5mb

• Advertisement

16.2c now up from 14c an hour ago

Advertisement