Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Applying to join An Garda Siochana

Options
1129130131132133135»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Fegten wrote: »
    It is possible that the analytical reasoning test might have had numbers throughout some sequences perhaps. As for the NR test, I hope it doesnt show its ugly face this time round

It might not be part of it I'd say, after all how relevant is maths in the job of a garda anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭SonnyB

thekopend wrote: »
    It might not be part of it I'd say, after all how relevant is maths in the job of a garda anyway.

True that, oh we'll see, either way it may stay back where it belongs, in 1994.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭annlewis

It was analytical reasoning not numerical. Numerical would ask you about percentages and such from a graph...analytical reasoning is following the sequence.
    Not a fan of the numerical

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

thekopend wrote: »

It's being able to learn and know it, it's not just about using it.
    Doing maths in school is basically to make your brain expand.. not just for someone who'll be an engineer or architect or whatever else uses maths a lot in their career.

If Gda John had 2 snackboxes and ordered 2 more, how many would he finish. Maths can be vital in our (hopefully) future careers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

If Gda John had 2 snackboxes and ordered 2 more, how many would he finish. Maths can be vital in our (hopefully) future careers.

You have to make sure you're not getting shortchanged when you're buying breakfast rolls or taking bribes.

(joke)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

When you apply through PublicJobs.ie, fill out the form and submit it - are we supposed to receive some form of email there after confirming our application or anything? Or is it that once its submitted, you sit back and wait for them to contact you if they are interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ted_almighty

Sully wrote: »
    When you apply through PublicJobs.ie, fill out the form and submit it - are we supposed to receive some form of email there after confirming our application or anything? Or is it that once its submitted, you sit back and wait for them to contact you if they are interested?
    Check your spam especially if your with Gmail... mine marked it Spam.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Check your spam especially if your with Gmail... mine marked it Spam.

Bingo, was in Spam.

Thanks Ted!

You have to make sure you're not getting shortchanged when you're buying breakfast rolls or taking bribes.

(joke)

God the responsibilities are endless :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

...I sincerely doubt he'd finish four anyway....

...I sincerely doubt he'd finish four anyway....

In that case help is at hand, ie. His hungry observer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

How did everyone find stage one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    How did everyone find stage one ?

Verbal was difficult, how did you find it?

Same i was running out of time was guessing the last few, tbh id be very lucky to get to stage 2 , whats next for the people who do get to stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Same i was running out of time was guessing the last few, tbh id be very lucky to get to stage 2 , whats next for the people who do get to stage 2?

How many did you get answered, More online tests for stage2,

all in both , i hope 2 get to stage 2 , when will we know?

Advertisement