Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Al_Fernz wrote: »
    Source??

The Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Can somone remind me what the story is tonight??? What is the task?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Is it safe to re-subscribe to this thread now without fear of spoilers?

Quality wrote: »
    Can somone remind me what the story is tonight??? What is the task?

Something to do with wedding dresses, I think they will be selling them on a wedding fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

Would have to say that Michael is going! Thats my selection with them in the board room at the mo! His actions from last week may live on to haunt him!!! Hopefully I despise this man! Ignornamiss! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

how the hell did that arsehoole stay in the game, gutted that Michael still remains in the game!
    In next weeks task hopefully Michael will be using the tissues that he cant advertise!!:)

Sara was a lightweight anyway. I was glad to see her go and I will be glad to see the back of Michael when he goes.

Then all we need is Lucinda to be fired and we can watch a real competition.

I'd like to see Rafe (Wraith? Raif?) win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Were Margaret and Nick still on holidays tonight? They did not appear until during the wedding show, which was disappointing cos they are always good for an aul throwaway disparaging comment. Margaret did seem very impressed with Lee's panty selling skills!

I wish Michael had gone too, but I do think Helene deserved to be fired. She stepped up to lead the team, and made some bad choices. Those dresses were hideous, and dividing up the team the way she did was foolish.

I LOVED Raef's fat cake comment. Marjorie Dawes would be proud of that one:D

And they must have had some time off - Alex got his hair chopped. I can't believe he has lost the task 6 times. Surely he will be leading the team opposite Sophocles next week. Whoever has the team of 3 will be at a severe disadvantage to the team of 4.
    (Note to those that don't understand these things: there are 7 contestants left so do the math).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Helene should have been fired for the sheer hideous-ness of some of those dresses! And also because I don't like her.

Raef's fat comment was hilarious and perfectly timed.

Lee was fantastic selling knickers.

Sara was such a non-event throughout that they didn't even know what to give her on the 'You're Fired' show.

Michael....gone next week I'd say!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have to say tonight he could have fired that whole team apart from Alex as none of them did anything apart from him. Sara didnt defend herself and just let herself get fired in the end while Michael convinced SAS to give him another chance, which surely has to be his alst next time hes in the firing line.
    Whoever has the team of 3 will be at a severe disadvantage to the team of 4.
    (Note to those that don't understand these things: there are 7 contestants left so do the math).

Disagree with this and definitely think that its a case sometimes of too many cooks spoil the broth. The next task from the clip at the end of the episode is an advertising campaign and from past shows here and in the US these are never a close run thing so its up to the team to come up with a great idea and to gel, any arguing and its curtains so i can see the team of 4 having a nightmare arguing and losing because of it.

• Advertisement

Can we quit with the f*****g spoilers please.

Im out of this thread till the end of the series.

jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

womoma wrote: »

jesus christ.

LOL the only 'spoilers' have been people talking about what Alan Sugar said on Jonathan Ross and people saying how many people are left, both in spoiler tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Whoever has the team of 3 will be at a severe disadvantage to the team of 4.

I hardly think saying how many contestants are left warrants spoiler tags!!:rolleyes:

Anyway tonight Michael should 100% have gone. If Sir Alan had to keep him, then he should have fired Helene. I think Sir Alan's made a lot of wrong decisions this season when it comes to the firing!
    Even though Sara performed poorly on that task, she had very good in other tasks and should have stayed. I thought she was a contender for the win, but Sir Alan seemed to have something against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

womoma wrote: »

jesus christ.

Giggles to self like Claire when Raef telling cake story.

Some people might take great offence at the revelation made in the spoiler.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Some people might take great offence at the revelation made in the spoiler.:rolleyes:

YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I don't think the spoilers are necessary.
    Nothing secret or unknown in them apart from
    Raefs underpants and that Lucinda is really an alien.
    :D
    Watch the language please. This is a family thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I can't believe that SrAllun fired Sara! Mind you, I guess I'm biased in favour of her because of her looks, but she's been good on other tasks, and a bit of a warning about listening more and talking less would have helped her out.

SrAllun gave Claire such a warning, coupled with a second chance, and boy has she come on in my estimation! Lucinda is really coming into her own now. I thought Helene's face was great when Margaret (or was it Nick) bigged up on Lucinda's leadership, especially after all her bullying behaviour earlier in the series.

Alex was good (the first time I've thought that) but some of the sheen has gone off Raef (also the first time I've thought that!). The sight of him in the bear costume was a bit pathetic, but he carried it off with his usual dignity and panache, and - uniquely - was prepared to accept his share of the blame for the high-risk strategy.

Lee kept on shouting "Caaam ohhhn Awwphaaaa!!!! Vat's wo' O'm tsowkin' abaaat!!!" :rolleyes: but even I must admit he was very good. He's still a bit of a car salesman!

Sophocles was even more of a waste-of-space than last week! He should have been fired, especially for that comment about feigning interest and the hard-sell on the cakes. Someone (Alex?) said that you can tell he's in telesales, and it's true - in fact he's a lot like one of those greasy shopping-channel types (think of the orange bloke in Bridget Jones). He's a d1ckhead, and I hope he's for the high jump next week.

As for who will win? I still want Raef to win, but I'm switching my prediction to Claire.

In this weeks boardroom it was really hard to say who will go. But I though Sarah was in the least danger. I thought Michael the Slimeball should have gone, he already got a lot of chances. Only thing he is good at is weaseling out of taking the blame. I hope he will go next.

Sarah had it coming too though, she does seem to explain herslef awfull lot, and I got the feeling that other people don't like her - there must be a reason for that. Her and Michael hard selling cakes was just awfull, really really bad. I'm not surprised they didn't sell any.

Poor Raef in all his poshness was completely out of place in NEC. But i was his idea to take a gamble on the expensive dresses, which won his team this task. And he was prepared to take responsibility for it, even before he knew whether it worked or not.

Lucinda doesn't seem to do much, but whenever she is a PM, everything goes smoothly, and team members are singing her praises. But I don't think she is tough enough to go all the way to the final. I think it will go like this: Michael goes next week, then Helen, Alex after that, then Lee or Lucinda, and final with Raef and Claire. But you never know with Sir Alan, he seems to be making his decisions based on something different to what we see on telly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

fricatus wrote: »
    As for who will win? I still want Raef to win, but I'm switching my prediction to Claire.

I don't think you're looking at the big picture. Claire was only good at this task because she liked it. She won't work at a task she doesn't like and that will be her downfall IMO.

Raef is a man for all seasons.

Whats going on with Michael? He seems to think that he was a great PM the last time. I only think he won because the other team were so incompetant. Surely Sir Allun should have stopped him in his tracks everytime he mentions "I did a great job as project manager."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I was cringing watching Michael and Sara trying to sell those cakes. It was awful. I think Michael should have gone, I think he is an awful eejit. Good overall episode,

Lee was great selling those knickers, His "cheeky" personality suited the job.

Lucinda again did very well, I must say I warm to her, she seems to just put the head down and get stuck in.

Helene, Doesnt seem to be much of a contender, I think she would have done better to put the blame on Michael than on Sara, Seeing as Michael did not push her to go for the expensive dresses. Also the decision of both teams seeing different dresses was a bad one.

Alex, has really been kept under the radar. I think he will be up as project manager next.

Poor Raef, A true Gentleman, but I couldnt help but laugh at him in that teddy suit. What was he thinking.

Although I think Michael should have went, Sara would not have lasted to the final of the series. I mean the fact that the rest of the team had very little time for her means there was obviously more to her than what was being shown on tv.

Anyhow roll on next week. Advertisements and tissues, Yes I do think it is going to end in tears some how!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Michael should have went. He will deffo be PM next week. I don't see why Sir Alan is keeping him around? As Margaret said he is a complete waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Quality wrote: »
    Lee was great selling those knickers, His "cheeky" personality suited the job.

He wasn't selling knickers, he was selling 'FONGS!!!' :D:D

Hated Lucinda to start with but I'm really warming to her now ~ seems that she actually really knows how to manage people. I think that Lucinda and Claire in the final would be very, very interesting!

I don't like Raef at all for a reason I can't seem to fathom :confused: and I laughed my head off last night when the did the 'Chariots of Fire' running thing on AYBF on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Cant believe SAS fell for the c*ck suckin Michael, grrrr.

Simply has to be binned next week surely!

Sara wasnt great, didnt bring a whole lot to the party but would have given her another week purely because Michael is the stand out CLOWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Michael should have went. He will deffo be PM next week. I don't see why Sir Alan is keeping him around? As Margaret said he is a complete waste of space.

In the You're Fired programme I think they touched on the fact that SirAlan perhaps sees something of himself in Michael.

I've noticed myself sometimes that sometimes vanity comes into these decisions - if someone sees an element of themselves in you - a potential boss, or client, for example - then it can be to your advantage.

I've seen it on another show where a mulitmillionaire businessman was looking for a commercial director.

Gekko wrote: »
    In the You're Fired programme I think they touched on the fact that SirAlan perhaps sees something of himself in Michael.

I've noticed myself sometimes that sometimes vanity comes into these decisions - if someone sees an element of themselves in you - a potential boss, or client, for example - then it can be to your advantage.

I've seen it on another show where a mulitmillionaire businessman was looking for a commercial director.

Yeah, maybe the key to success in business is being an air-headed tosser whose arrogance is out of all proportion to his ability. I'm sure SrAllun had Michael's brass neck and persistence all right, and that's what he sees in him, but I don't think Michael has SrAllun's common sense.

But then again, maybe the point is that you can learn common sense, and the title of the show gives a clue to what he's looking for after all... otherwise it would be snappily titled "The Fully-Rounded Candidate for an Upper Management Position", rather than "The Apprentice". :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fricatus wrote: »
    But then again, maybe the point is that you can learn common sense, and the title of the show gives a clue to what he's looking for after all... otherwise it would be snappily titled "The Fully-Rounded Candidate for an Upper Management Position", rather than "The Apprentice". :-)
    :D

I think more than anything else Sugar just likes candidates to be able to defend themselves and to have a belief in themselves that's why you always see the cocky ones do so well in the show or at least make it to the final four. That's why I reckon your one Claire (??? Northern Lass) will probably be in the final two. It makes sense really, who would you rather having fighting your corner in the boardroom, shrinking violet Sara or brash Claire? No contest really.

As for this weeks task, Michael & Sara trying to sell the cakes was embarrassing to watch and Raef for the first time seemed totally out of his depth. Lucinda really does know how to manage people though and she seems to get the job done whenever she gets stuck in and isn't being all ditsy. Another big contender for the final 2 perhaps.

So who will get fired tonight? Here's hoping it's Michael "Slimeball" Sophocles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

was very disappointed with Raif tonight, he deserved to be fired!

before that he was my hero...Lee to win now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

michale should of gone!!! its starting to annoy me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

anto-t wrote: »
    michale should of gone!!! its starting to annoy me...

yeah i hate him too, but Raif was pretty crap tonight, got lost in the theatrics!!!

Advertisement