Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Just a heads up for everyone, next weeks APPRENTICE IS ON TUESDAY 21:00NIGHT and not the usual wedneday night due to the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Is there a repeat on this weekend? I can't see it.

Your Fired is repeated Sunday night 23:15 bbc 2 but can't see apprentice repeat which is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Digiguide wrote:
    REALITY SHOW: The Apprentice
    On: BBC 1 Northern Ireland (141)
    Date: Sunday 25th May 2008 (starting in 1 day)
    Time: 22:00 to 23:00 (1 hour long)

The remaining seven candidates' advertising and branding skills are tested when the teams are instructed to design and market their own brands of tissues. With just two days to produce and direct a story-based ad campaign before pitching to one of the world's biggest advertising agencies, it's not long before creative temperaments flare.
    (Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=242710

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    There you go. :)

Bond-007 wrote: »
    There you go. :)

good spot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Just to give everyone a reminder that The Apprentice is on tonight (Tuesday) at 9pm because there is a footie match on tomorrow evening on BBC1. You're Fired is also on tonight afterwards on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Yay! Cant wait! Best show on the telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Thumpette wrote: »
    Yay! Cant wait! Best show on the telly!

I think this series is weak compared to the last two. The candidates are a bunch of wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Oh Adrian Chiles is gonna have a field day in You're Fired after Michael's comments about his "flashes of brilliance" :D

Bit harsh towards Helene in the boardroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Michael gone at last. Thought he was going to survive yet again there for a minute.

Fairly dull episode tonight I thought. Michael had to go though for being generally useless for weeks and then trying to hire out a Ferrari at a fruit and veg market.

Getting easier to spot the potential winner now. It won't be Lucinda or Helene and probably not Lee. It's going to be either Claire or Alex. Probably Claire.

• Advertisement

Very boring stuff alright. Surallun's getting more and more indecisive as time goes on. It looked like he was going to fire both of them for a while and then neither of them. The interviews should be much better entertainment next week.

Doubt they'd make that public knowledge tbh. They only alluded to a big company, American I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

aaaaarrrgh

I missed it tonight forgot about the change of day!!!

Ive thought from the start that claire would win. She irritates the hell out of me, but i think shes the only one that would be able. But Lucinda has proven herself lately!!

Mr.S wrote: »
    i wonder what company Helene worked for...anyone know?

Wonder no more :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/19/type/contestant.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If I was to hazard a guess, I would guess Helene worked for GE (and so I was correct :) ). I remember reading about them firing people willingly in a biography of Jack Welch, their former CEO.

I also thought tonight's show was a bit boring. Maybe it missed a few Raefisms. Lee was a pillock towards Lucinda, as they lost the entire daytime when they could have been selling the Aston Martin, aka Zonda if Alex and Lee had split up; they did after all only make one sale during the day between them.

When Michael was shown tired and expressing apathy towards the task, I was sure he was going to win, in that usual attempt to put you off the scent that the programme makers apply. But thankfully he and his 'glimmers of brilliance' were off to 'You're Fired'. And obviously as well as getting the leg over Lindi (allegedly), he has been eating all the pies.

I was delighted to see Margaret in the audience, and it's a pity that she doesn't sit on the panel like Nick does. I think she would be a great addition. I didn't watch when Ruth Badger was in it, but good to see them bring someone back for some insider perspective.

Interviews are next week - last year I thought they reduce 4 to 2 in this process, and it only looked like one firing. From the You're Hired spoiler, it looks like one candidate was caught out telling porkies on their CV. So are there just two eps remaining, or will we back to tasks after the interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's about bloody time Sophocles went. He should have gone ages ago, don't know what Alan Sugar was thinking of letting him stay so long ahead of better contestants like Sara and Raef.
    Next weeks episode should be good - I love watching the interviews, you can guarantee they'll all get crucified!! :)
    Still backing Claire to win, she was excellent in this task.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

So are there just two eps remaining, or will we back to tasks after the interviews?

I watched it on sky and on it said in the information it was episode 10/12, so 2 left. glad michael went, he's a bit of pain in the a$$- so full of himself! gobby claire is def growing on me though! alex to win-only cause he's hot!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah looks like Lee gets caught out on something on his CV. What the hell have they Karen Brady interviewing next week, she and the owner of Birmingham City were both arrested a couple of weeks ago due to irregular business to do with the football club.
    Also I cannot stand that dick Paul Kemsley CMYK_KEMSLEY_4.jpg

real smart alec cockney who tried to mess up Spurs and left thank God. Looks like Lee wrecked his head with his parrot impersination :)

yeah looks like Lee gets caught out on something on his CV.

Can people just stay clear of mentioning spoilers on the board pls :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

OPENROAD wrote: »
    It was featured in the "next week" preview after tonight's episode, not really a spoiler tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

OPENROAD wrote: »

get sense, the last spoiler, which i was guilty of, was that it seemed suralan had let slip on jonathan ross that raef would win :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought the Boardroom bit of the show last night was great, really tense. Until SAS said "You're Fired" it was difficult to know who was gonna get the boot and I think Helene only got another chance because it was clear to see that Michael was just an imbecile rather than just young. You could tell that he was really toying with the idea of giving both of them the boot. Claire knew she was safe and done well to keep quiet and avoid talking herself into being fired, she'll definitely be in the final two.

It was also good see SAS give a reason for keeping Michael in it for so long.

Lucinda has really let herself down in the last two weeks and the bit where Sugar told her to shut up was hilarious as was when Michael said he had shown moments of genius throughout the 10 weeks.

Really looking forward to the interviews next week, they always turn out to be one of the best episodes of each series. Looking forward to seeing why Lee thought it would be a good idea to do a Terradactyl impression during an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Quite dull episode, I thought. Fair play to Lee's team for completely humiliating the other team though.

Lucinda was unbelievable, she was good as a PM, but as a Team Member she is a pain. Her constant moaning is very annoying. Her trying to rent out a "Zonda" was one of the highlights of the episode though.

The boardroom was pretty tense, for a moment there I thought Michael will weasel his way out of this one as well. But the truth is both him and Helen should have been fired.

Michael trying to find customers in what looked like an equivalent of Moore Street was priceless. And chasing your man down the road, very cringe-worthy.

I have to say, I was quite disappointed with how soft they were with Michael in "you are fired". I was hoping they will rip him to shreds to be honest.

Looking forward to the next one, interviews are usually the best.

And what's the story - if there is only 2 episodes left, will there be 3 people fired next week?

Sorry about the spoiler tags, but someone gave out toi me about it, and I suppose sha had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

peanuthead wrote: »
    aaaaarrrgh

I missed it tonight forgot about the change of day!!!

Me too! I had no idea it was on last night, until I tried to set it to record on the DVR tonight. I thought it had skipped a week, but noooooo!!!! It had just finished :(

Does anyone know if it's repeated? Even if it's at 4 in the morning on BBC3, I can just set it to record.

ojewriej wrote: »
    I have to say, I was quite dissapointed with how soft they were with Michael in "you are fired". I was hoping they will rip him to schreds to be honest.
    I think because the tasks are filmed months and the contestants have seen themselves each week for the last while they realise that the only thing to do on "You're Fired" is to be extremely humble and therefore not get too much stick. So far I think they've all come across as pretty sound once they've been fired.

ojewriej wrote: »
    Sorry about the spoiler tags, but someone gave out toi me about it, and I suppose sha had a point.
    I don't think there's any need for spoiler tags once the show has been aired, in fact there is no need for spoiler tags once the show has been aired.

I think it's been the same person that has complained about spoilers each time. The first time was when people were just guessing who they thought was gonna win and the second time was when people were talking about previews that have been shown on the latest show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

It's repeated on a Saturday night normally on BBC2 ~ assume it'll be the same this weekend...?

Actually just checked TV Now for you ~ it's on BBC2 on Saturday night at 11.10 followed by You've Been Fired!

I am DELIGHTED Michael's gone! Chasing that man down the road ~ "I'll come to your meeting with you" :eek: WTF!!!???

I love next week's thing where they are interviewed by the 'professionals' except that it means that the series is nearly over

On the preview Lee was doing his bird/pterodactyl impression The look on that man's face is priceless!!

Lucinda really got on my nerves with her whinging last night but I'd love to see a final with Claire and Lucinda or maybe Claire and Lee ~ that'd be a fight to the death!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Cyrus wrote: »
    get sense, the last spoiler, which i was guilty of, was that it seemed suralan had let slip on jonathan ross that raef would win :o

Not everyone watches next weeks previews though, because they dont want any inkling of next weeks show.

fricatus wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's repeated? Even if it's at 4 in the morning on BBC3, I can just set it to record.

BBC tv The Apprentice Sat 31 May, 23:10 - 00:10
    BBC Two
    10/12. With just six candidates remaining, the pressure is on. Sir Alan gives the teams a choice of supercars and challenges them to rent them out to members of the public.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

BBC tv The Apprentice: You're Fired Sun 1 Jun, 00:10 - 00:40
    BBC Two
    Grilling the candidate who didn't make the grade and checking out the performances of those who are left are Ruth Badger, Trevor Nelson and Vicki Butler-Henderson. Presented by Adrian Chiles.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,880 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Not everyone watches next weeks previews though, because they dont want any inkling of next weeks show.

well to be fair you can hardly have a go at the people who do watch it and discuss it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I don't think there's any need for spoiler tags once the show has been aired, in fact there is no need for spoiler tags once the show has been aired.

Not everyone can watch it on Wednesday. It's like saying, once the film had it's premiere, it's ok to post about it without spoiler tags.
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think it's been the same person that has complained about spoilers each time. The first time was when people were just guessing who they thought was gonna win and the second time was when people were talking about previews that have been shown on the latest show.

The person who gave out to me wasn't the one who posted about it on this thread.

@Cyrus - that's what spolers are for.

But lads - I didn't want to start the whole discussion about spoilers here. I promised to someone i know in RL that I will do it, that's all. If you don't think it's necessary, i have no problem with it.

Advertisement