Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ojewriej wrote: »
    Not everyone can watch it on Wednesday. It's like saying, once the film had it's premiere, it's ok to post about it without spoiler tags.
    Ah that's just being silly, if a film has been premiered on a Wednesday and I see a thread about it on the Thursday I certainly won't read it until I've gone to see it.

It's like most weeks I tend to record the Apprentice on the Wednesday but don't watch it until later in the week but I don't open this thread until I've watched it. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

agree with above, some people are being silly in here, its not like a movie, you cannot discuss the show without saying what happened who was fired etc.

if you havent seen it dont come into the thread until you have, easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah that's just being silly, if a film has been premiered on a Wednesday and I see a thread about it on the Thursday I certainly won't read it until I've gone to see it.

It's like most weeks I tend to record the Apprentice on the Wednesday but don't watch it until later in the week but I don't open this thread until I've watched it. Simple really.

Fair enough. As I said, I'm not campaigning for spoiler tags to be used here or anything. If you want to - use them, if you don't - don't. Makes no difference to me.

Down with Spoilers!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mod hat on. There really is no need for spoilers once the show has aired, albeit a day earlier than normal. My policy is to Sky+ it and watch it before bed so I avoid this thread till the next morning. For those that were caught out it is repeated on BBC2 Saturday night. I recommend that if you miss the show watch the repeat on Saturday and avoid this thread in the meantime. Mod hat off. :)

It was a poor enough week. Michael got his marching orders at last, 3 weeks late though. I would think that Claire and Lee will make the final with Claire probably winning. I was shocked that Mr. Chiles did not rip Michael to shreds afterwards. He seemed to get a fairly easy ride. But at the same time he has had 6 months to get his story straight to tell the audience.

Next week the annual interviews should be entertaining as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

AT LAST ! In fairness he did ride his luck BIG STYLE over the last few weeks. On the face of it now You would think Lee / Alex & Claire should make the final 3........BUT given its now purely down to interview technique anybody could get binned next week :eek:

Michael had a great knack of simly regurgitating what people said to him !
    SAS gave him a rollocking and then he agreed....the critics last night on You're Fired lashed him out of it and he just agreed ! Perfect example was Margaret's comments....Sophocles just repeated what she said about him 20 secs later to Adrian...arrgghhhh FFS !

I havent watched the series prior to this season but one thing that has been bugging me is, what exactly do they do when they go to work for SAS :confused:

I havent watched the series prior to this season but one thing that has been bugging me is, what exactly do they do when they go to work for SAS.
    No one really knows for sure what they do for SAS. The BBC pay the £100k salary, so SAS is not out of pocket. The contract is for a year only. I suppose it is up to SAS if he wants to keep on the winner after the year is up. Last years winner Simon Ambrose was given some role in his property division.
    Ambrose is now working at Amsprop and is also training as a surveyor. He will be in charge of developing a hotel and golf course near Stansted Airport and it is reported that he and Sir Alan are planning on building London's most expensive office and may bid for a prime site on London's St. James's Square.

As of March 2008, Ambrose has reportedly "been working diligently on a property website that allows buyers to speed up legal obstacles".

Very vague. He could be doing anything really.

Sizzler wrote: »
    AT LAST ! In fairness he did ride his luck BIG STYLE over the last few weeks. On the face of it now You would think Lee / Alex & Claire should make the final 3........BUT given its now purely down to interview technique anybody could get binned next week :eek:

Michael had a great knack of simly regurgitating what people said to him !
    SAS gave him a rollocking and then he agreed....the critics last night on You're Fired lashed him out of it and he just agreed ! Perfect example was Margaret's comments....Sophocles just repeated what she said about him 20 secs later to Adrian...arrgghhhh FFS !

I havent watched the series prior to this season but one thing that has been bugging me is, what exactly do they do when they go to work for SAS :confused:
    As far as I can remember they are given a job as a project manager on whatever business venture Sugar has a vacancy in. I think the vacancy is already there before they start the show so that might explain why he decides to keep some and sack some as he might think they'll be suited (or not) to the particular vacancy.

The American one was done slightly different in the sense that once the Apprentice wins the show they are given a choice between a couple of jobs to manage. One year it a choice between some flash golf course or an office block development.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Bond-007 wrote: »
    No one really knows for sure what they do for SAS. The BBC pay the £100k salary, so SAS is not out of pocket. The contract is for a year only. I suppose it is up to SAS if he wants to keep on the winner after the year is up. Last years winner Simon Ambrose was given some role in his property division.

Very vague. He could be doing anything really.

Nice one. Thats interesting about the BBC paying the salary though :eek: And all that agro for a one year contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BOSTIK

Interesting story in here about Claire's sales tactics in the Car task.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/blog/tv/tvblog28052008.html

• Advertisement

These are the relevant parts of the blog:
    The real scandal from last night's show wasn't even on screen though. Claire had been accused of ringing her friends and getting them to come and buy car hours during the task. On the face of it, it was more than plausible. She's pushy and has no shame - the key to a certain kind of selling it seems - but to me the 'top saleswoman' image has never really convinced, and her orders seemed to be ticking over a little too easily to be true during this one.

Claire denied the allegation, which was made by a "fellow team-mate" - maybe Helene given that she was Claire's partner. Hopefully it will get an airing during the interview process on next week's show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Spoilers make no difference to me at all. I was just mentioning that there are some people who dont watch the spoilers for next weeks show. They really dont want to come in here and read about what is going to happen next week.
    I think its fair to ask that people spoiler just that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Spoilers make no difference to me at all. I was just mentioning that there are some people who dont watch the spoilers for next weeks show. They really dont want to come in here and read about what is going to happen next week.
    I think its fair to ask that people spoiler just that much.

Well then they (and that means you Openroad) shouldn't bother coming on here if they are that worried about it, watching the preview for next weeks show is still part of the current show and also the interview process is always part of the apprentice so don't see what the big issue is, as I said they shouldn't bother coming on here and if they do they should just stop reading the thread the afternoon before the show airs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Well then they (and that means you Openroad) shouldn't bother coming on here if they are that worried about it, watching the preview for next weeks show is still part of the current show and also the interview process is always part of the apprentice so don't see what the big issue is, as I said they shouldn't bother coming on here and if they do they should just stop reading the thread the afternoon before the show airs!

You're just a lovely person :cool:

Play nice folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I sky + it and saw it last night but I stopped it before next weeks review, I normally don't but it was late , so if it was shown about Lee cv on nxt weeks review then suppose it is not a spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Play nice folks. :)

Will do:) just a thought maybe you as Mod can edit the title to stick a "spoilers within" tag onto it that way theres no confusion ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Average episode really and Michael had run his course at this stage so had to get the boot, Alex was the only real person in the epsiode to shine so i dont see why people go on about how well Claire did in it or anyone else, she sold a quarter of what Alex did and has been just been the best on a bad team lately.A lot of the show is about luck, being project manager on a good task is a big help, Michael hadnt a clue about cars and didnt really have a hope, on the other hand Lucinda didnt have a clue but was lucky that Alex made the sales which saved her ass more or less the same as it was last week.I think in the end it will be Alex and Claire as the best of a bad bunch and then it really just comes down to luck in the final task and who they end up with on their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Axwell wrote: »
    Average episode really and Michael had run his course at this stage so had to get the boot, Alex was the only real person in the epsiode to shine so i dont see why people go on about how well Claire did in it or anyone else, she sold a quarter of what Alex did and has been just been the best on a bad team lately.A lot of the show is about luck, being project manager on a good task is a big help, Michael hadnt a clue about cars and didnt really have a hope, on the other hand Lucinda didnt have a clue but was lucky that Alex made the sales which saved her ass more or less the same as it was last week.I think in the end it will be Alex and Claire as the best of a bad bunch and then it really just comes down to luck in the final task and who they end up with on their team.

I think it'll be those two in the end as well. Claire seems to be getting lots of praise from Suralun recently since she managed to reign in her big gob a little. Alex seems to have flown in under the radar a bit but finds himself in a good position now as Sugar seems to have no time at all for Lucinda and Helene which as good as puts him in the final three.

Then again maybe the interviews will throw up a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Raef suck at the 'common as muck' accent but it was funny all the same.

The end of it was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Tonight at 11.15 (why so late?) on BBC1 is a review of the final 5 and how they got this far, ahead of the interview process on Wednesday. I wonder how long in til Lee does his reverse pteredactyl impression?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Tonight at 11.15 (why so late?) on BBC1 is a review of the final 5 and how they got this far, ahead of the interview process on Wednesday. I wonder how long in til Lee does his reverse pteredactyl impression?

Anyone catch this programme last night.

It was interesting to find out about their backgrounds and confirmed one or two suspicions I had about what might be motivating some of them in terms of personal circumstances and psychology.

I think perhaps Lee and Claire might be the two people who are left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

yeah, just watching it now on sky+... mefinks lee's the potential winner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

staker wrote: »
    yeah, just watching it now on sky+... mefinks lee's the potential winner

"That's what I'm talking about !!! "

Lee or Claire for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

It be on youtube by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Michael was absolutely hilarious :D

He had a better chance of staying be being in the boardroom on the losing side than actually winning. Best boardroom performer ever imho ;)

Claire will win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just Lucinda dumped.

Interview process only got rid of one. Bit of a waste of time really. Everyone knew Lucinda would be the first to go anyway.

a disgrace. Lucinda is far more capable than Helene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

a disgrace. Lucinda is far more capable than Helene.

I agree.

Pretty disappointing episode i thought. You are Fired was very good though, Michael McIntyre was really funny.

Sunday, 10.20 on BBC1 (i think) Sir Al will be explaining why he fired each candidate. This should be good.

Advertisement