Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yeah that was quality

sir alan im 36 today

really, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Anybody else roll their eyes when they saw Vanessa Feltz on the BBC2 show?
    I absolutely despise that woman. Total waste of space.

The boardroom seemed to be featured very heavily this week, granted 2 people were sacked but still. Thought it was funny the way they all thought they had gotten away with it when the Ginge got fired, the Irish girl in particular.

I love the way Sugar tears them to shreds in the boardroom, there's absolutely nowhere to hide once he goes at them. And he seems to be calling them all on their tactics this year. First by giving the guy that lost the first task a second chance because he put himself forward. Calling people out when they change their minds about who they think should go once he's said who he thinks should go. Picking up on people when they just sit there and admit their mistakes. And a few others.

He seems to realise that all the contestants have been avid viewers of the show in previous years and are trying to apply the tactics used before.

The one thing he really likes though is someone that can stand up for themselves regardless of their incompetance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

the 'bonjour! :)' bit when he walked in to the boardroom was gas. he says something like 'wtfs with the bonjour' and jenny mutters "eh en francais..." or some shyte haha

the brown nosing on that show is unbelievable... i was nearly cringing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,886 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

he should have fired all 5 of the losing team - they're all useless and the remaining 3 will get fired eventually. The final contenders will be Raef, and either Lee or Helene i'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Yeah Vanessa Feltz bugs me a well, maybe Nick didn't fancy two in a row on that show :P
    It was amazing to see the change in Jenny but obviously she's been watching the show and especially the You're Fired show so she knew beforehand what the general consensus towards her was.
    I think Raef has to the clear favourite. I'd like to see sulky boy Alex get the boot next. I quite like Lee and I think his attack on Sara was a drunken outburst TBH you could see beer bottles on the tables and hadn't they just had cocktails with their Mylene Klass recital? It'll be interesting now to see who steps up a la Kristina last year towards the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

My Money is on Raef to win. They guy's got brains, ambition & manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

he is so funny

remember last week when sugar asked them about the exclusivity agreement

Was you there Raef

Yes sir alan, i was present!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well next week he makes a disparaging comment towards fat people.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Cyrus wrote: »
    he is so funny

remember last week when sugar asked them about the exclusivity agreement

Was you there Raef

Yes sir alan, i was present!!

I love the way Lee's enthusiasm / roaring / incessant cursing seems to deeply offend him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Bond-007 wrote: »

Ohhhh Dear...*as i put my bacon and sausage sambo down on my desk*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I reckon it'll be down to Raef and Lee.

I still don't really like Raef but I think he'll probably win - do the bookies take bets on it towards then end or is it all only aired after the event?

He's definitely toned down his snobiness since the start (or that could be down to the editing) and he's kept a bit of decorum about him so far which is more than the others have been able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Was almost expecting Sir Alan to keep firing...Their reaction after he fired the first one was great.

"Jenni you're fired" *Whew safe!!! "Right who's next" *oh sh....

Suppose the producers have to be left with some show to fill out, can't exactly lose half the candidates in one week :) All of them could have been fired and Sir Alan is really calling them all out this year.

Don't know how much more he can take though - last season he was very unhappy with the candidates put forward and they've gotten worse! It's becoming car crash TV (always good) but he is looking at them thinking he has to give one of the a six figure salary and put up with them for a year!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No. He makes a true comment about fat people next week.

This is not something the bookies will take a risk on. Too many insiders would profit. Sugar himself could stick a million on Raef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

But it's a funny comment too ... I think he pulled it off well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Both Jenny's should have been fired before last night.
    Ginger Jenny (bitch!) should have gone after the laundry task.
    Irish Jenny (wannabe bitch!) should have gone after the ice cream task.
    However, based solely on last night I'd have fired Michael instead of Irish Jenny.

Lee redeemed himself last night, while Sara and Lucinda have proven they're not slackers and are fully capable.
    I'm still gonna back Raef, Sara, Lucinda and Claire for the final 4, although Lee may be in there aswell.
    Sophocles needs to go next, followed by Alex and Helene.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Looks like you can't bet on this for the reasons already mentioned (production staff etc.)

If the candidates there at the moment are the best that applied what were the rest like :eek:

Have the producers of the show tried to make it into a big brother affair by trying to get a few muppets on board to make it good television, I'd like to think not....that brings me back to my first point!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Ivicia

Last nights esposide was brillant (still prefer the laundry one though and think Jenny shoudl have gone that night). Last night board room was the best board room though.

I have Raef down to win since week 2.

Lee is my favorite but more for what I think his abilities might be in another room.

Michael to go next week - he has no back bone which he proved when he said nothing about the tennis trick Jenny tried to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Anyone think it was very funny the way that ginger Jenny announced it was her birthday? It was an appropriate present from SAS. :D

Oh God yeah, cringe... it was like "Daddy, I maded you a pwesent, I dwawed you a pick-chaaa!" Did she expect grumpy oul' Surallun to sing (or even wish) her Happy Birthday? She's such a spa.

And that "Bonjour" moment falling flat... desperate, especially since they had lost the task. They shouldn't try to charm him - it doesn't work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

ok, this Qs has been bugging me, and I couldn't be arsed reading through 22 pages to see if someone has already asked it (Apprentice forum ftw!!!).

We see them getting a challenge each week, and it usually runs for 2-3 days max.
    So, what do they do for the rest of the week in the house? Do they go home?
    Has this all already been filmed in such a way where they just clumped all the tasks, but then broadcast it as if 'weekly' to the viewers?

I don't have BBC2 - do they ever 'go live' to the Apprentice house during the aftershow?

The apprentice is pre recorded in its totality. It is filmed between October-December each year for transmission the following year.
    Owing to the twelve-week broadcast schedule, the audience is given the impression that the candidates stay for 12 weeks in the house and that there are breaks between tasks. The series is actually filmed in about two months, and the filming schedule means that the tasks are generally performed one after the other.
    The "you're fired" show is filmed the Tuesday before transmission of the main show on Wednesday night.

So there is 6 months between filming of the main show and transmission, hence the fired candidates often look different from the main show filmed some 6 months earlier.

Have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_apprentice_uk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The apprentice is pre recorded in its totality. It is filmed between October-December each year for transmission the following year.

The "you're fired" show is filmed the Tuesday before transmission of the main show on Wednesday night.

So there is 6 months between filming of the main show and transmission, hence the fired candidates often look different from the main show filmed some 6 months earlier.

Have a read of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_apprentice_uk

You've put my mind at ease!!

Thank you!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

death To The Birdman!

The what now? Explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

That aggressive hyper stubbly ********* **** who does the terradactal impressions. I want to kill him.

Ah you mean Lee. Very good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

fricatus wrote: »
    Oh God yeah, cringe... it was like "Daddy, I maded you a pwesent, I dwawed you a pick-chaaa!" Did she expect grumpy oul' Surallun to sing (or even wish) her Happy Birthday? She's such a spa.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Mr.S wrote: »
    i also wonder how much of the show is scripted? i mean it all looks to Perfect and things happen that could only happen if someone set it up..?

well they do have a lot of people in a very stressful environment spread out over multiple days and locations, so the chances of enough people doing enough interesting/stupid/funny things to fill a one hour show are pretty high. Its not rigged as in scripted, but it is produced and edited very carefully to maximize the drama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Mr.S wrote: »
    i also wonder how much of the show is scripted? i mean it all looks to Perfect and things happen that could only happen if someone set it up..?

Alan Sugar was on Jonathan Ross this evening and he said that none of his stuff is scripted (of course)! He says nobody tells him what to do except for what time to be at the boardroom etc ;)

He was good on the show this evening. Johnny Vegas was on and he annoyed the crap outta AS trying to get him to give him (Johnny V) a job, it was hilarious!

Advertisement