Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Ginger jenny was some piece of work. There is more grey matter in the vacuume of space than there is between her ears.

Her idea for an environmental greeting card had to rank amongst the stupidest ideas imaginable, and the fact that she managed to sell any cards at all was purely down to blind luck and the fact that tescos knew they were being filmed for the apprentice and wanted to look like they cared about the environment.
    Sarah had a much better idea that week for minority religious greeting cards, but she was dismissed by ginger jenny who was forcing her idea through while at the same time pretending that she was being democratic.
    Her pseudo environmentalism really got to me too. I doubt she gives a flying fuk about nature. She seemed to have only one priority.

I actually thought the 'singles' cards were a reasonably good idea (if they hadn't set the date so close to valentine... a week or two after new years would have been much better idea, before valentines, but not competing with any other holidays)

Not that I would have bought any of them, greeting cards as a whole concept are awful awful things, a way to pretend that you care about people without having to put any imagination into a meaningless gesture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

440Hz wrote: »
    Alan Sugar was on Jonathan Ross this evening and he said that none of his stuff is scripted (of course)! He says nobody tells him what to do except for what time to be at the boardroom etc ;)

I thought he was very good although he didn't seem too impressed by Johnny Vegas and Alan Carr's antics in the green room! Also I find it hard to believe that the producers don't have an input into the sackings.

I thought it was interesting that he said that he would have fired ginger Jenny last week if she had been brought into the Board Room. He also admitted that he was scared how Irish Jenny was going to react to being fired. He thought that she would tell the others to fcuk off at the end instead of hugging them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He thought that she would tell the others to fcuk off at the end instead of hugging them!
    Maybe she did off camera. Maybe they had to do a second take. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Was I a bit pissed or did Sugar let slip who won on jr last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Was I a bit pissed or did Sugar let slip who won on jr last night?

He doesn't know who won. They haven't filmed that bit yet.

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    He doesn't know who won. They haven't filmed that bit yet.
    It is filmed already. They film 2 different versions and Sugar chooses shortly before transmission which one to air.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is filmed already. They film 2 different versions and Sugar chooses shortly before transmission which one to air.

Really? That's not what he said last night. My mistake.

He knows who is in the final. The final is filmed 6 months prior to transmission. They film 2 versions of the final boardroom. Each version shows each candidate winning. In the intervening time Sugar gives the 2 finalists temp jobs in his organisation.

On the Monday prior to transmission of the final, he makes his decision and the correct version is scheduled to be transmitted on the Wednesday night.

He knows who is in the final. The final is filmed 6 months prior to transmission. They film 2 versions of the final boardroom. Each version shows each candidate winning. In the intervening time Sugar gives the 2 finalists temp jobs in his organisation.

On the Monday prior to transmission of the final, he makes his decision and the correct version is scheduled to be transmitted on the Wednesday night.

Ok, cool. I knew he knew who was in the final, but I must not have been listening properly to Jonathan Ross. (Probably because Johnny Vegas was acting like a spoilt child!)

Was the final of the American version of the Apprentice filmed live a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i think he did let it slip

he def got to know this person so that means they are in the final 2 as the final 2 work for him for 4-6 months before he decides

• Advertisement

Sky+ >>>Jonathan Ross>>>Delete

Cyrus wrote: »

he def got to know this person so that means they are in the final 2 as the final 2 work for him for 4-6 months before he decides

Ok I really must not have been paying attention so because I have no idea who you are talking about!
    Is it Raef?

Edit: Spoiler is asking if it is who I've guessed it is.

yep he said
    he is a really nice person

how else could he have gotten to know that person? plus he went a little quiet after he said it.

maybe i picked it up wrong but myself and GF immediately thought the same thing

Becareful with the spoilers folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

I dunno, just cos he said someone was nice doesnt really mean anything does it. I mean he gave out about ginger Jen, so he obviously has opinions of all the candidates personalities. I mean it hints that he might know *that* person better but doesn't imply *that* person won. It might, it might not, pure speculation really. I know im just going to wait and see. I think at this stage its easy enough to guess who will be in the final just based on the shows so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

To be fair chief thats not the impression he gave last night, far from it.

He pretty much said it was filmed to a point and the last segment was done in the last week of the competition.

As for Johnny Vegas last night, he just didnt know when to quit, one interuption fair enough, a 2nd excusable but slightly annoying but a 3rd and 4th was just headwrecking. JR ended up ditching a question half way through asking and pretty much rushing to the end of it, they even blanked the screen with the feed live to the green room just to get the interview over with.

Vegas = a twat. Not even sure what hes famous for :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jennifer Maguire was on Tubridy tonight, she came across a lot warmer/nicer/more fun than she did on the Apprentice!She's still holding a grudge against Sophocles though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Typed in "kosher chicken wiki" into google, first result... Michael Sophocles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

SPOILERS WITHIN????

WTF??

Thanks whoever it was. I wont be reading any of this topic again until the series is over.

FFS!:mad:

the spoilers are covered in grey, easy now

anyway they arent spoilers it is a feeling a few people have got watching SAS on Jonathan ross

go take some valium :D

• Advertisement

Typed in "kosher chicken wiki" into google, first result... Michael Sophocles :)

Religious beliefs: Half Jewish clicky:D

anyway they arent spoilers it is a feeling a few people have got watching SAS on Jonathan ross
    I had a look last night. I don't feel he let slip anything.

I had a look last night. I don't feel he let slip anything.

So I was pissed then:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

Me either, I don't think he gave the game away at all.

As for Jennifer slobbering all over Tubridy, ewwww!!! Had to switch over it was all a bit nauseating...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

As for Jennifer slobbering all over Tubridy, ewwww!!! Had to switch over it was all a bit nauseating...

She has one annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Has this been the worst season yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

For quality of candidates, yes, series 1 had the best quality imo, still great tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Apparently Lindi and Michael were getting it on while in the house. I guess she could vouch for how Jewish he is, Sir Alan style!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a recap for anyone who missed last weeks boardroom :D

And my poor old buddy simon :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Al_Fernz

Apparently Lindi and Michael were getting it on while in the house. I guess she could vouch for how Jewish he is, Sir Alan style!

Source??

Advertisement