Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

"COME ON!" Effing brilliant. Arctic Irish biatch and the ginger one out the door.

I'd say when Suralan pointed the finger and said "Alex........" the lad must have shat himself :D
    Bet the bloody house on Raef now.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I think if he had allowed Jennifer to stay, he could easily have been accused of only leaving her in for entertainment purposes - thrilled they're both gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

that was by far the best episode i have ever seen! (US and UK versions!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Margaret was in top form when herself and Nick were discussing how stupid Michael was about the whole Kosher chicken issue. LOL when she sighed that Edinburgh obviously not what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

YESSSSS! Ginger Jenny gone! Absolutely talentless and such a mouth, I can actually relax now and enjoy the rest of the series now! A WEAPON and just listening to her is torture, can you imagine having to work with her :eek: EVERYTHING she did stank. Vanessa Feltz is roasting her on You're Fired, classic :D

Jenny was a bit of a skank and no loss, not really sure what she was good at :confused:

Michael, Telesales, even at that he is probably out of his depth :o

• Advertisement

I was just thrilled they showed her reaction to Michael's "come on!" at the start of tonight's episode again. Can't see that too often!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hah, that was a great episode. Laughed at Raef's utter astonishment when he got quoted the price for the Cow hide '250, i'm sorry did you say 250, so that's 250?, gimme the calulator, is that 250?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Brilliant episode. Impressed with Lee, Sara and Lucinda (boy could she run!). Jennifer was an awful PM - showed her true capabilities in business, I guess.

And can I just express my love for Margaret. Classic quotes tonight both from her (Michael the waste of space, Edinburgh and the tennis racquet) and Sir Alan (suggesting they check Sophocles' manhood for his Jewish credentials).

Sophocles has to go next. Please!

I really won't miss her grating nasal voice every week

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Claire is becoming increasingly annoying. She has to go.

My favourite bit tonight was Nick's white jacket and black pants combo in Morocco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Raef apologising for the blue language coming out of the phone was classic. Great to see Sara in top form too... and Lucinda was a scream in her bright pink cape tearing around Marrakech.

The bit where the two Jennies were discussing whether Muslims ate Kosher food... I mean, these people want to get on in the business world, yet the customs and practices of two of the most important religions in the world are a complete mystery to them???!!! WTF???

And Sophocles (well, I could call my pig Einstein and it wouldn't understand E=MC2 now, would it?), he was just a joke. That part where he was asked did he know what "lechaim" meant, and he said "no, but I know what 'schmuck' means"... well you said it, Sopho! Waste of space indeed!

I've hated Claire before, but I think she's really making a big effort to shut her big mouth and learn. As for Lee though, I know he won the task and they were raving about him on the BBC2 programme, but I think he's just like a big, loud football hooligan. I mean someone mentioned enthusiasm, but the lads who busted up Lansdowne Road, well they were enthusiastic, weren't they? I wouldn't hire any of them if I ran a business though...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

fricatus wrote: »
    I've hated Claire before, but I think she's really making a big effort to shut her big mouth and learn. As for Lee though, I know he won the task and they were raving about him on the BBC2 programme, but I think he's just like a big, loud football hooligan. I mean someone mentioned enthusiasm, but the lads who busted up Lansdowne Road, well they were enthusiastic, weren't they? I wouldn't hire any of them if I ran a business though...

In fairness just because he's got a "working class" accent doesn't make him a football hooligan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Top-notch TV tonight! Seeing the two J's go has made my day.
    It's weird but I can still here Jenny's grating voice "will ... you ... be ... quiet .... will ... you .. please .... be ... quiet" in the boardroom and her "..fungus/...young lady" double whammy in the car scenes. And her weird mesmerising grin while she presented the eco-cards is etched on my retina. She just came across as a thoroughly despicable person.
    Irish Jennifer just seemed a bit clueless - less evil, more dumb.

I would love to have known who Irish Jennifer would have brought into the boardroom given the chance. I was watching, thinking she didn't know about the tennis-racket-bribing deal and might not put Jenny in the firing line, and so mightn't bring her to the boardroom. I think she would have picked Claire and Michael.

In fairness to Jenny, she did seem to realise what a cow she had been by the time the You're Fired show came around - she came across quite well I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That was a classic apprentice episode tonight I'm sorry Irish Jenny went, but she had no organisation skills at all! I really hate Claire, she needs to go, If I had been Jenny I would have pointed out to Sugar that she is a buyer and showed no leadership or negotiation skills except screw them up, I think she thinks that she is invincible now, I hope she gets kicked out sooner rather then later. Best moment was Sugar doing a Gervais impersenation with the "Are you having a Laugh" line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Quality episode

Nick & Margaret on top form again

I think it's coming down to a few final contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gekko wrote: »
    I think it's coming down to a few final contenders.
    Huh? Of course it is, that's what happens when you have a competition and people get eliminated the closer you get to the end.

With a statement like that you would've fitted in quite well with this year's contestants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

That was a good episode.

Ginger Jenny basically got caught lying in the boardroom, she had to go. I'm glad Sir Alan did it the way he did. Trying to bribe the tennis racket people was just ridiculus. What were they thinking.
    Also, chicken made kosher by the butcher, I can't believe they fell for that. I thought the butcher "blessing" the chicken for them was the funniest part of the episode.

I think Sophockles is on a thin ice here - both with the team and Sir Alan. None of them were too impressed with the bribing. I think he might go next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

In fairness just because he's got a "working class" accent doesn't make him a football hooligan.

It was the way he acted which makes him look like a football hooligan. Who said anything about a "working class" accent?

----

Also i think these eejits have a certain amount of time to prepare a defense for themselves, because they will know how the public perceives them and will have seen how they look in the show before the appear on "You're Fired". But i think their true colours are what you see in the Apprentice when they are interacting with people and showing their best "Skills".

It must be quite hard to find out that you are not what you thought you were and are really a gobs!ite and half the planet knows it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Huh? Of course it is, that's what happens when you have a competition and people get eliminated the closer you get to the end.

With a statement like that you would've fitted in quite well with this year's contestants.

LOL ! I was just thinking the same! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Im not sure what to make of lee, he comes across as aggressive at times but i thanks thats his manner not his nature if you get me.

he seems the fairest of them all and least full of crap. Also gave lucinda the praise she deserved the previous week.

Also he got a team with sara (is that her name) and lucinda to win easily, despite those two being targeted by a lot of people on the other team as weak links.

he did a good job as team leader imo.

i reckon it will be lee or raef as the apprentice, sophocles will go soon, as will claire, lucinda wont cut it, nor will sara, the moany lad alex has to go soon aswell.

i wish more people like lee went for this thing, theres too many self publicists on there, makes me cringe hearing them talk themselves up

promising to give 110% after making a mess of the previous task :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

That was a classic apprentice episode tonight I'm sorry Irish Jenny went, but she had no organisation skills at all! I really hate Claire, she needs to go, If I had been Jenny I would have pointed out to Sugar that she is a buyer and showed no leadership or negotiation skills except screw them up, I think she thinks that she is invincible now, I hope she gets kicked out sooner rather then later. Best moment was Sugar doing a Gervais impersenation with the "Are you having a Laugh" line :)

Irish Jenny - had to go ! I say had to go !!!

No planning , no recce , just head down an charge, top salesperson in Europe ??? No way.

Even if none of the above happened - that red lipstick was a major job for the fashion police.. her gob looked like it was made for opening beer bottles...

At this stage I would pick Raef as most likely..

Cyrus wrote: »
    Im not sure what to make of lee, he comes across as aggressive at times but i thanks thats his manner not his nature if you get me.

he seems the fairest of them all and least full of crap. Also gave lucinda the praise she deserved the previous week.

I'm not sure either. I don't really like him - especially after his attack on Sara last week. I don't think he showed anything interesting himself. As a PM he was quite non-existent I thought, the task just kind of sorted out itself, they didn't do anything brilliant, but they were lucky that the other team screwed it up. And to be honest I find his Alpha-Male outburst a bit juvenile and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The two Jenny's had to go but I thought that the other three on their team all had shockers as well and were lucky to survive. Alex and Claire's negotiation skills were terrible - Alex negotiated just £1 off the first item. Surely they should have been able to negotiate at least 50% off every item?
    And Michael, what a disaster - SAS really had him bang to rights for lying about being Jewish on his CV.

Irish Jenny really made a huge mistake by jumping on the tennis racket incident in the Board Room which had nothing to do with why they lost the task. Both Jennys really showed themselves to be huge hypocrites by constantly changing tack in the Board Room and knifing different people in the back depending on what way the wind was blowing. I thought that Irish Jenny was going to pull the Board Room door off its hinges on her way out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

ojewriej wrote: »
    And to be honest I find his Alpha-Male outburst a bit juvenile and annoying.

Agreed - would have fired him for that alone !!

ElNino wrote: »
    Irish Jenny really made a huge mistake by jumping on the tennis racket incident in the Board Room which had nothing to do with why they lost the task. Both Jennys really showed themselves to be huge hypocrites by constantly changing tack in the Board Room and knifing different people in the back depending on what way the wind was blowing.

I'm not sure about that. Lying and cheating is a big No No with Sir Ala, which he demonstrated by sacking Ginger Jenny on the spot. So irish Jenny's line of defence was "I messed up, but at least I'm not a liar", which I thought was pretty smart. She couldn't really blame Michael for the failure of the task, and she had to defend herself somehow. She actually showed good bit of integrity in the boardroom imo - she was dead right blaming Claire for messing up negotiations, and then Michael for trying to cheat. And she did accept the responsibility for her own mistakes, like not reading the list properly. I don't think you can even compare her to the Ginger jenny, who changed her tactics halfway through the boardroom, trying to please Sir Alan, for which she was rightly fired. It wasn't the first time she was blatantly lying either.
    I thought that Irish Jenny was going to pull the Board Room door off its hinges on her way out!
    Yeah, she looked really pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

You make your own luck. The pre-planning payed dividends and they grafted right 'til the end and that payed off as well. Loved the stall seller in the souk, he was having none of it :) Lee, not the best man to swindle a discount with his aggressive style, anyway he learned from that and let the girls do the talking in other deals. So in fairness, he done good.
    I'm not sure either. I don't really like him - especially after his attack on Sara last week. I don't think he showed anything interesting himself. As a PM he was quite non-existent I thought, the task just kind of sorted out itself, they didn't do anything brilliant, but they were lucky that the other team screwed it up. And to be honest I find his Alpha-Male outburst a bit juvenile and annoying.

Cassiel wrote: »
    You make your own luck. The pre-planning payed dividends and they grafted right 'til the end and that payed off as well. Loved the stall seller in the souk, he was having none of it :) Lee, not the best man to swindle a discount with his aggressive style, anyway he learned from that and let the girls do the talking in other deals. So in fairness, he done good.

Yeah that's a good point. I'm not saying that he isn't good, just that he didn't really show anything special yet. And the only reason i have a problem with that is his attack on Sara last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I thought that Irish Jenny was going to pull the Board Room door off its hinges on her way out!
    Indeed, she had a face like thunder. Any ways the boardroom looks to be poorly a constructed set. ;)
    I'm not sure about that. Lying and cheating is a big No No with Sir Ala, which he demonstrated by sacking Ginger Jenny on the spot.
    He sacked ginger Jenny for taking his words and twisting them to knife someone else.

Anyone think it was very funny the way that ginger Jenny announced it was her birthday? It was an appropriate present from SAS. :D

Also I didn't think that she acquitted herself well on the BBC2 show afterwards.

Best week so far this year. I was hoping he would fire Claire as well. She seems to be a one trick pony with those fake pearls every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

It was good to see Ginger Jenny go, she was an awful yoke. If Irish Jenny had the chance I certainly don't think she'd have brought Ginger into the board room with her though. It would probably have been Claire and Michael.

Of the lot though I would have fired Alex. He's a waste of space that really hasn't shown much in the way of anything for the last few shows. It was easy to blame Claire for the failure in negotiations, but I don't think he was gonna do paritcularily well on his own.

Anybody else roll their eyes when they saw Vanessa Feltz on the BBC2 show?

As soon as I saw her at the start I knew exactly what she was going to do and say. She's the same type of person as Ginger Jenny .... sees which way the wind is blowing and tries to exploit it to her own advantage.

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote: »
    He sacked ginger Jenny for taking his words and twisting them to knife someone else.

Anyone think it was very funny the way that ginger Jenny announced it was her birthday? It was an appropriate present from SAS. :D

You could say then that she was lying about not knowing wht the world "kosher" means. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, the point is she got fired, which was long overdue I thought.

And the birthday comment and Sir Alan's reaction to it was hilarious.

Advertisement