Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice (UK) 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

yeah supersales person Jenny came across badly this week, she made a bad business decision in the exclusivity deal with the cinemas, I wonder if they had got more sales then the other team would Sugar have allowed them to stand, as he said he would have cancelled the cinema & bar sales if he had known it earlier.
    I don't think Jenny is project manager from the clips I've seen for next week, after her cold reception at the house I think she wouldn't take it on, unless Sugar makes her.
    In the end Lindi went this week, which is the right decision as she brought nothing to the teams she was on.

I thought Jenny would go for definite for her little stunt on the exclusivitiy.

In fairness to Lindi I think she was completely caught off guard when Jenny came out with that, and to have to override her there and then would have made them look so incompetent to the customer that they may as well have got up and walked out.

On the second deal, Lindi probably figured in for a penny in for a pound as they had already made one exclusivity based deal, but unfortunately for her it was the wrong call.

Can't see Jenny lasting long. Best salesperson in Europe my arse. Imagine her working for Sugar and promising away half his company because she's that 'hungry' for the sale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Kudos to Lucinda for last night ~ she wrecked my head last week but showed herself to be quite a competant manager last night. I would have liked her to stand her ground with the team-mixing idea though. I did feel quite uncomfortable though when she came out with the commen that Helene had supposedly made about Irish Jenny though. It would have been good if we could have had that on film to see if it was really said or not.

Also felt a bit uncomfortable when, at the table, Irish Jenny said apparently I come over as cold and the silence would have deafened you :o I'd like to see her as PM next week. It'd be good to see her up against that guy (Michael?) that walked into the yoga class last night. He's another one that seems to be keeping his head under the radar.

Still love the programme though!

Greetings cards next week...'It's great to be single' and 'your house is 'green'' seems to be the topic!!!

And I'm delighted Lindi went....I was panicking about her eyelashes going for a walk in the night and eating the other contestants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hey all,

Glad to see Lindi go, Didnt think much of her in the other episodes.

Irish Jenny came across as a right aul cow. Which I think she probably is.

I hope to god that Kevin fella goes soon, I cant stand looking at him anymore.

What was the story with Claire and the tears? She deserves a good slap in the head for that carry on.

Michael is getting up my nose too.. God love him going into the yoga class. Idiot.

I dont think Claires team deserved to win. Lucinda did manage her team well and I thought she should have won.

Cant wait for next week, (Well apart from the fact I am going to see Kevins arse)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

5 people fired so far, and in my opinion Sir Alan has only made the right decision twice.
    Jenny should have gone instead of Shazia.
    Alex should have gone instead of Simon.
    And now, Jennifer should have gone instead of Lindi.

I liked Lindi: she wasn't a vicious uberbitch like most of the other girls. Having watched the You're Fired! programme, she seems really smart, witty and likeable.
    I think she would have been a good project manager as she got along with everyone, dedicated herself to every task and always stayed positive.
    She should have been more vocal throughout the show and asserted herself more.

So far, I think either Claire or Lee will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Also felt a bit uncomfortable when, at the table, Irish Jenny said apparently I come over as cold and the silence would have deafened you

That was brilliant :D

Like others have to say Irish Jenny came across a bit cold, looking forward to seeing her as project manager but have to say I don't like her from what I saw of her last night.

Thought Lucinda did very well, I definitely warmed to her last night, not sure she will win it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

Lucinda was a surprise all right. But I think she says things like "It's not what you said, it's the way you said it" and "I knew you didn't like it by the look on your face" a bit too often. I can't see this kind of thing going down to well with Sir Alan, it might bite her in the ass at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

ojewriej wrote: »
    Lucinda was a surprise all right. But I think she says things like "It's not what you said, it's the way you said it" and "I knew you didn't like it by the look on your face" a bit too often. I can't see this kind of thing going down to well with Sir Alan, it might bite her in the ass at some stage.

I agree with you that SAS wouldn't like that carry on but the producers must be lapping it up. Katie Hopkins last year was a total bitch and she almost made it all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Havent read through the whole thread but has anybody else noticed the similarity between Kevin & Vicky or is it just me :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/16/type/contestant.html

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00204/F_200612_december13_204066a.jpg

Sizzler wrote: »
    Havent read through the whole thread but has anybody else noticed the similarity between Kevin & Vicky or is it just me :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice/candidate/id/16/type/contestant.html

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00204/F_200612_december13_204066a.jpg

We were thinking he looks like dafyd actually.

daffyd2.jpg

big_KevinShaw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It has been noticed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I missed the photography one, cant believe simon got fired :( glad Lindi is gone, Jennifer out next, she is a real b!tch... and as for that Claire one, she's good for nothing, her team carried her through it. Crocodile tears in the boardroom, please spare me...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Lindi was hilarious ! This is the girl who was offering people an account manager to people who left their laundry with her team :o FFS ! The writing was on the wall from that moment for me!

I like Simon but he didnt impress me when he was project manager, I was willing him to do better.

As much as I hate his whole demeanour (posh boy) Raef is probably doing the best at the moment and would be my favourite to win at this point.

Frankly the rest of the contestants are pi** poor. The clown from Little Britain, Helen (who calls herself Helene, wtf?) The Irish girl is just a bitch and has displayed NO talent what so ever. Clare is just a mouth and has been uber lucky so far. That eejit Michael, I wouldnt let him walk my dog for an hour.

Ginger Jenny is an absolute weapon and I cant wait to see her get fcuked out on her ear, just to get rid of that smug look.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sizzler wrote: »
    Lindi was hilarious ! This is the girl who was offering people an account manager to people who left their laundry with her team :o FFS ! The writing was on the wall from that moment for me!
    Apparently she was a Gangster's Moll too. Innit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Click below to see a recap of each episode of The Apprentice using legomen

http://www.youtube.com/bolegbros

Absolutely brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Brill..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

haha thats brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Was that the best episode ever? Worth it for Maggie's reaction when she saw the model's arse! And I watched Kevin's pitch through my fingers - cringeworthy. I do think that if he'd brought Jenny into the boardroom that she might have taken the bullet.

Delighted that Kevin got the boot and felt really sorry for Sara at the end when they were all laying into her. Fair play to Raef for standing up for her. And someone ought to buy Lee a new pair of jeans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Poor Sara!

God they are all terrible though, don't think I'd hire any of them for a standard management job...Never mind for a six figure sum!

The irony of sending cards for the environment...Singles idea was good but difficult to time (should be at Valentines day but where is the space?)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Kevin was such a knob... "150% confident", hehe... delighted he's gone. At least now his ego might deflate from the size of Germany down to the size of, say, Luxembourg!

Jenny is falling (yet further) in my estimation after her stupid idea, the way she bulled it through and the way she ganged up on Sara.

Claire though, appears to be learning quickly when to keep her big trap shut. I reckon she'll be in the last three.

I think everybody (including Sugar) was down on poor Sara this week, with the honourable exception of Raef. I mean at the start she did mention Eid and Diwali cards, which are probably not well catered for, and which would definitely sell in the UK's big cities. That is, before Jenny totally shoved her idea out of the way.

Top marks to Alan Sugar for humour though: "Kevin, tell me, in less than 1,000 words, why I shouldn't fire you."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Moment of the week has to go to Margaret's reaction to Michael celebrating the win.

Nick on the BBC 2 programme was great too.

• Advertisement

Great episode.

Kevin was the right one to go. Pure arrogance on his part doing the pitches himself when there were others in his team that could clearly do a much better job of pitching than him.

Jenny should definitely been back in the boardroom, and I couldnt believe how lightly she got off making the idiotic statement in the middle of the pitch about herself not buying cards anymore for environmental reasons.

Lee seems to have his head screwed on quite well, I'm looking forward to seeing him as the PM of a task (hopefully next week)

Raef came across as a complete gentleman and I reckon he'll make it to the final two and maybe win it.

ROFL at Margarets face when Michael let out his yobbo roar on winning the task :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Duckjob wrote: »
    Great episode.

+1, best yet!

Lee seems to have his head screwed on quite well, I'm looking forward to seeing him as the PM of a task (hopefully next week)

Did you see the BBC2 programme though? He rounded on Sara like a big, agressive bully. I hadn't seen that side to him and he's fallen now in my estimation. Still though, I'd like to see him as PM - would be one of the most interesting ones.

Raef came across as a complete gentleman and I reckon he'll make it to the final two and maybe win it.

Absolutely. To turn again to the BBC2 programme, I just loved how he defended Sara, and also the bit where Alex was spouting about how he was entitled to his opinion - Raef made the point that by the same token he was entitled to the view that it was inappropriate. Brilliant retort.

He's a star, and at this stage he has to be favourite in my eyes to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

And I watched Kevin's pitch through my fingers - cringeworthy.
    It's funny, people say that all the time just as an expression but for once in my life I actually did do it. It was ridiculously cringey.

What were they thinking with the Save the Planet idea? As soon as they mentioned it I was shouting at the TV at how stupid an idea it was. The irony of sending a card to save the planet should of been blatantly obvious from the start. It's like going whale hunting on Save the Whale day.

I think your man Kevin ultimately got found out, he just seemed like a rabbit caught in the headlights. And some of the things he was saying throughout the series were straight out of the David Brent book of business bólloxology.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think your man Kevin ultimately got found out, he just seemed like a rabbit caught in the headlights. And some of the things he was saying throughout the series were straight out of the David Brent book of business bólloxology.

and the Little Britain connection didn't help his image either...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

janeybabe wrote: »
    Moment of the week has to go to Margaret's reaction to Michael celebrating the win.

Deffo moment of the week, the look on her face, priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yay, Kevin is gone!!!

Great episode, really enjoyed Kevin making a complete ass of himself. Sir Alan was 150% right:)

I think Michael came across as a right fool. As usual... Hoping he will be out soon now..

Have to agree with the rest of you. Raef... is one of my favourites at the moment. A Gentleman..:D

Dying to see them in Morrocco, the clips look really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Excellent episode.

Sir Alan was right to fire Kevin but had he dragged Jenny back in he may have survived. Nick and Margaret were excellent as always. The look on her face was priceless when the Michaels' team won. :D
    Nick took his little montage of funny looks well on the BBC2 show. He seems like a man that can take a joke and have a laugh at himself.
    Fair play to Raef for standing up to the mob back at the house. I am predicting he will be in the final and possibly winning outright.

Looking forward to another great episode next week.

yeah, that was a good one.

I couldn't believe that they didn't see how stupid this idea was. How could they miss that? And the pitching:

"If you don't get behind us, it means you don't care about the earth" Brilliant.

And what a mistake Kevin made ina boardroom, getting Jenny there was his only chance of surviving it. Sir Alan basically told them, that he sees that they are all ganging up on Sara, and that he doesn't like that. And Kevin still took her in there with him. Sir Alan didn't have any other choice but to fire him.

I thought he was a bit harsh on Claire - she was told before that she has to stop being so mouthy - that's exactly what she did.

Michael didn't come across to well either - and heis little outbursts are not doing him any favours either. Bangin on the table and all, what was that about. He was very lucky this week. I's say he will go soon.

I agree Raef looks like a strongest contender. I'd be watching Sara too, she was a good PM in the Pub Grub task, but she has to show something good again if she want's to survive. It was a really bad form what they did to her in the house, especially Lee. It's not that he showed himself in this task that much himself - I don't actually remember him doing anything worth remembering in the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Argh! I missed the aftershow "You're Fired!". Does anyone know if it gets repeated anywhere or if there's anywhere to watch online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cookie81

Raef to win!!! Watch this space!

Advertisement