Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday evening/Monday - Very Severe Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

squonk wrote: »
    Anyone feeling effects from the dropping pressure? I get headaches sometimes with LP which is happening now but mainly I get aches and pains and I'm just realling noticing them now the pressure hit the 960's!

Was talking to the sister's other half earlier about the approaching low system and he said he could feel it already,mild headache etc. I thought he was talking out his arse but it seems he wasn't. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Still wet n wild here but hasn't gotten significantly worse. Few alarms going off in the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

the moral of the story from all this is the worst storms are those they don't expect. just ask Michael Fish.

:D

I think I'll throw in another moral here. This winter has been astoundingly crap, not only for snow, but for anything interesting. Well all eyes blindly on wednseday's event; surely we can scrape something out of that? Or will it be yet another load of potentialless potential ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Valentia coastguard have announced a new navigational warning on their channel that some light down in Roches point is knackered. possibly due to this event id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Let's just hope for a few tornadoes ;)

Now 965 in Dublin 13, gusts picking up.

IRL-IR-sat.jpg

Baro dropping linearly at around 4.5 hPa/hr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭squonk

Storm seems to have developed something akin to cahones here in the past while. Getting some decent gusts now but just mildly concerning. I've experienced far worse out here. Fairly heavy rain now as well. The barometer is still dropping fairly rapidly too. Had to take a sick day 2 weeks ago for a tummy bug, otherwise I'm thinking I could be coming down with something round about now.. ;)

Damomanye wrote: »
    Valentia coastguard have announced a new navigational warning on their channel that some light down in Roches point is knackered. possibly due to this event id say.

http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=SouthIrishSea

No ships down there at the moment.

Mind you scroll through the north Irish sea and theres a few ships crossing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

squonk wrote: »
    Anyone feeling effects from the dropping pressure? I get headaches sometimes with LP which is happening now but mainly I get aches and pains and I'm just realling noticing them now the pressure hit the 960's!

Yes, definitely. The pressure here in Co Sligo dropped like a stone over the past 2 hours. Is now around 960 millibars (according to my steam powered baraometer!) I have a headache and a queasy stomach - the nearest thing to a hangover without touching a drop! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Snowbie wrote: »
    You where onto me earlier about other posters cross posting, while you go and do it yourself.Its no bother to me as i explained earlier to you.
    I have moved your post from the Thunderstorms thread to here where it concerned nothing to do with thunderstorms.
    You in no way offended me, but with over 147 people online at one stage, its time consuming going through the threads tryin to keep the place running smooth.All we ask is too find the right thread to post in.

I wrote

You wrote
    Now do you recall?

erm........im lost ,thats being honest ,it looks like i genuinely posted on the wrong thread thats all ,otherwise this looks like an article of the constitution ,i'm telling you straight out once again i was not having a go at anyone , some people on these boards seem to have really thin skin , ok , no hard feelings whatsoever to you or anyone else but life is far too short to be fighting about the weather , let the other boardies have the final say on this , ok , if this is my last post fine ,

at 1.30 am ,
    sleet
    sw getting stronger
    2.5c
    thanks bye

N25 Wexford Mar 10, 00:01 50.4 km/h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

http://www.shipais.com/currentmap.php?map=SouthIrishSea

No ships down there at the moment.

Mind you scroll through the north Irish sea and theres a few ships crossing it!

They're nuts! Some of them just leaving the UK now heading for Dublin:eek:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

966.9mb

Mean 32mph gust 58mph

Looks to to turning more easterly at the end of the latest sat loop?

http://sat24.com/frame.php?html=view&country=gb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Midnight UK Shipping Forecast... still them hurricanes in Shannon.

Lundy, Fastnet
    Southerly veering westerly gale 8 to storm 10, occasionally violent storm 11 in Fastnet, perhaps violent storm 11 later in Lundy. Rough or very rough becoming high or very high, occasionally phenomenal in Fastnet. Rain then squally showers. Poor

Irish Sea
    Southerly becoming cyclonic then northwesterly, gale 8 to storm 10, decreasing 5 for a time. Moderate or rough, becoming very rough for a time. Rain then squally showers. Moderate or poor

Shannon
    Northwesterly storm 10 to hurricane force 12, decreasing 5 to 7 later. Very high or phenomenal, decreasing high later. Showers. Poor or very poor

Rockall, Malin
    Southeast becoming cyclonic gale 8 to storm 10, then northwest 6 to gale 8. Very rough or high, occasionally very high in Rockall. Rain or squally showers. Moderate or poor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Midnight coastal reports..

Belmullet 957 hPa

Roches Point 37 knots Gust 67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

kerry1960 wrote: »
    erm........im lost ,thats being honest ,it looks like i genuinely posted on the wrong thread thats all ,otherwise this looks like an article of the constitution ,i'm telling you straight out once again i was not having a go at anyone , some people on these boards seem to have really thin skin , ok , no hard feelings whatsoever to you or anyone else but life is far too short to be fighting about the weather , let the other boardies have the final say on this , ok , if this is my last post fine ,

I think you are over-reacting a bit there Kerry1960, nobody is fighting except you, or is that the cliche 'cute hoor' Kerry thing you're doing? Relax man, stay.

958.6 mb now. Wind 'n' rain all but gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It is quite bad here now - extremely windy. Gusts well over 50mph but im more exposed then others. Damn car alarms.:mad:

*LIMERICK* A fallen tree is partially blocking the Rathkeale Rd at the Five Crossroads. Another tree is reportedly down on the Ballingarry/Newcastle West Rd. A third fallen tree has been reported on the Kilmallock side of the railway bridge in Elton.

*MAYO* A tree is down at Mount Falcon on the N26 main Ballina/Foxford Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

The storm is really picking up here at the moment ..... :( Just an update for you.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pfkf1

I'm no expert on weather, but South Dublin is extremely windy and quite a bit of rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Stevem

Very bad here in Waterford at the moment. 950.5hpa on my irox weather station.:eek: Some quiet severe gusts in the last hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Very interesting site,worth a bookmark.

Raining fairly heavy outside,gusts still seem to be getting stronger and more prolonged.(D.14) Can't go out for a smoke and the kitchen window opens the wrong way for the wind.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

962 and falling rapidly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

kerry1960 wrote: »

at 1.30 am ,
    sleet
    sw getting stronger
    2.5c
    thanks bye
    Seriously you need to get the facts straight here, i'll repeat again, i'm not offended in any way shape or form but more confused about your posts.I have done nothing more than explain to you and answered your query from earlier. You posted in a wrong thread, no harm done, i moved your post to the relevant thread,no big deal.There is nothing more to add to this so lets move on and leave it there.

Now back on topic, it has gotten very gusty here with frequent gusts to 40mph.It wont be long till it dies down untill tomorrow evening as the winds go to the west or NW and squall up again.

A bit on the vicious side right now in Dublin. Phenomonal gusts here.

Where are you darkman?

Where are you darkman?

North of Portmarnock. BTW anyone have any news on areas vulnerable to coastal flooding with the Spring tide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Am I the only one in dublin that doesn't think its that bad? Although I'm no weather man!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭squonk

I'll concur with Darkman2 on that. Fairly vicous gusts here now in the past half hour or so. Currently reading 964.6, 5.9C dp 4.1 with fiarly steady rain - 1.3mm/hour I'm seeing though the collector is a bit sheltered where it is so I wouldn't trust that figure.

Kerry1960... don't sign off this forum. I enjoy your posts. Lets all chill out and try to enjoy the weather which is what we're all here for anyway!

Signing off now. Anyone staying up, enjoy! Sorry I can't join you for longer tonight :(

• Advertisement

ah cool ... well maybe not tonight .. there is some amount of gusts outside... it like as if the wind is swerling....

Advertisement