Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday evening/Monday - Very Severe Storm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

kerry1960 wrote: »
    this weather system seems to have completely died on it's feet round here , the low center is still off the NW coast , what's happening........anyone
    Ah now who is cross posting. Posts moved.
    Lads make sure you post in the right threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well the 18z UKM pushes the severe core of winds actually off the south coast of Ireland..

Worst winds really are actually likely along East coast in coming 3 hours!

Although violent winds are likely to affect the far southern coasts.

I think the saving grace for the forecasters will be the intensity of the storm on Tuesday night which may be reported as if it was this system!!

Still a vicious system approaching and the pressures going to get very low and it will be interesting looking up into a huge vortex.

But it looks like were gonna escape the severe winds.

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kudos delirium

Damp quib so far. :confused:Just another very windy night in the northwest. Seems to be ending now until tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Still wet and windy in Waterford. The sound of plastic bottles and cans hurtling down the street with the wind. Rain seems to have eased off for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

At least some howling has started here now. Few strong gusts but still not overly impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

78mph gust on marathon platform according to xc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oberon

Oooooo electricity flickering here, lots of violent gusts... some sustained. I'm only about 400 mtrs from the sea... I don't think my new fence is going to handle this.... damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

windy here now with decent sized gusts blowing throuhg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kudos delirium

Yawn. Just another very windy night in Sligo. According to met eireann, Valentia is just registering a moderate breeze and claremorris aint much better. The consistent stormforce winds are remaining offshore.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Yawn. Just another very windy night in Sligo. According to met eireann, Valentia is just registering a moderate breeze and claremorris aint much better. The consistent stormforce winds are remaining offshore.:(

Apart from some impressive gusts, this part of the "storm" is turning out to be a bit of a boob. Let's hope tomorrows post-low winds will be a bit more adnormal.

Pressure here has stablised at 960.9 mb. falling only slowly now. Light rain.

• Advertisement

So, i hear the storm of the century is arriving Tuesday. This was in fact just a dress rehearsal:p

don't know what's worse, the tame thing this storm turned out to be or the music on Radio 1 just now... turned no to hear the weater at 11:50... Sonny Knowles! Haven't heard of that man since the old folkes spot on whatever preceded Live at 3 al those years ago!

all kicking off on snowbies lightning deely.
    http://www.irlweather.com/StormVue.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, less Sonny Knowles, more "gust 90 knots"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oberon

Its like someone flicked a switch, all is quiet now... barely a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

sq2y5g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

So John Eagleton saying its not too bad folks.

Love the phrase, "falling very rapidly". Very dramatic. :)

squonk wrote: »
    Sonny KnowlesQUOTE]

I know, terrible.

RTE 1 forecast on radio one now downgrading even tomorrows gales big time..
    "They won't be as strong as tonights"..

Yet another let-down this winter. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nice squall line looking like it's developing at the back of this front.

Could be some severe gusts in Eastern areas in the next 2 hours.

Paddy.1 wrote: »
    Sonny KnowlesQUOTE]

I know, terrible.

RTE 1 forecast on radio one now downgrading even tomorrows gales big time..
    "They won't be as strong as tonights"..

Yet another let-down this winter. :mad:

but did he not say the gusts will be stronger tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Just picked up big time here now. Wonder how long it'll last for though!

the moral of the story from all this is the worst storms are those they don't expect. just ask Michael Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Snowbie wrote: »
    Ah now who is cross posting. Posts moved.
    Lads make sure you post in the right threads.

erm.... what are you talking about .

i dont care who's crossposting or not .

im on site as an amateur / to try and report local conditions as accurately as possible .

sometimes i enjoy a bit of banter .

so how did i manage to offend you then.?

Anyone feeling effects from the dropping pressure? I get headaches sometimes with LP which is happening now but mainly I get aches and pains and I'm just realling noticing them now the pressure hit the 960's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I love bad weather :D

North Dublin, pressure now 967 and dropping fast. Wind slacking off though, wonder what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Looking at the wind map, marathon gas platform 78mph gust!:eek:
    It's getting bad outside as I type this...968mb @casement.

Anyone feeling effects from the dropping pressure? I get headaches sometimes with LP which is happening now but mainly I get aches and pains and I'm just realling noticing them now the pressure hit the 960's!

Yeah , my head is spinning. my station is reporting 957mb. Shannon is at 960mb

It was a light-hearted comment Kerry1960, I am sure.

959.7 mb now. Still windy and wet, but I've had wetter and windier this winter to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

i dont care who's crossposting or not .

im on site as an amateur / to try and report local conditions as accurately as possible .

sometimes i enjoy a bit of banter .

You where onto me earlier about other posters cross posting, while you go and do it yourself.Its no bother to me as i explained earlier to you.
    I have moved your post from the Thunderstorms thread to here where it concerned nothing to do with thunderstorms.
    You in no way offended me, but with over 147 people online at one stage, its time consuming going through the threads tryin to keep the place running smooth.All we ask is too find the right thread to post in.
    kerry1960 wrote:
    mods ........would it be a good idea to merge the rest of this thread with the severe storm alert thread .
    only a suggestion, a lot of crossposting
    I wrote
    Snowbie wrote:
    Well as the title suggests this is current weather conditions. The other thread is concerned with the storm itself.In extreme events like this the two threads will clash untill the thread or storm passes and that thread dies off while this remains.
    I have no problem with that.
    If it comes down to that i will just move posts but everyone is heeding the threads titles imo.
    You wrote
    kerry1960 wrote:
    no problem .........in extreme events like this , oh dear , still hoping that does'nt happen to me .
    Now do you recall?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Picking up a bit here in Naas since my last post. Judging my gusts from the tree outside. (old fashioned style and still no more than 50mph, but overall wind has increased) Just had a flash of lightning to my SW. Can anyone explain that to me please?

Advertisement