Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭jane wani

dear god now hes just playing ...yes minister ...the whole lot of it..

omg ...marc planking it up again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

jane wani wrote: »
    lol indeed...and that comment there about testicles was funny...the girl laughed
    the quoted text was....read by our marc.."the fact you couldnt read out the euphemism for testicles means you dont have any"" lol great line listener ..
    coleman read it ...what a plank
    lol .....he just said and i quote"the majority said that assisted suicide should be lethal" dearrrrr god marc
    dear god now hes just playing ...yes minister ...the whole lot of it..

omg ...marc planking it up again

So you're the other listener to this programme.

I always knew I wasn't alone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

Lapin wrote: »
    So you're the other listener to this programme.

I always knew I wasn't alone. :D

I listen! :pac:

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the "noises" he consistently makes every minute or two. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I'm listening too, but i'm a little ashamed to admit it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ive randomly flicked through the 129 pages (can't read them all !!) and can't believe I look to be the only one who detests George Hook and Ivan Yates !!! ... c'mon , seriously .... where's the hate ??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

RayCon wrote: »
    Ive randomly flicked through the 129 pages (can't read them all !!) and can't believe I look to be the only one who detests George Hook and Ivan Yates !!! ... c'mon , seriously .... where's the hate ??

Whats the point in coming on here to say you hate someone (and hope you get others to agree) without explaining why you hate them.

If you detest these presenters so much why do listen to their programmes?

If you don't listen to their programmes, how do you know you hate them?
    :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

I think you'll find that there are many others who have said they don't like George Hook or and Ivan Yates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Lapin wrote: »
    Whats the point in coming on here to say you hate someone (and hope you get others to agree) without explaining why you hate them.

If you detest these presenters so much why do listen to their programmes?

If you don't listen to their programmes, how do you know you hate them?
    :confused::confused:

Sorry , the "tongue in cheek" tone of my post didn't come across well ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jaysus nuala carrey came off sounding feirce cute on moncreif today.

about the only thing thats managed to pique my interest now theyre on boggerfest 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

jaysus nuala carrey came off sounding feirce cute on moncreif today.

about the only thing thats managed to pique my interest now theyre on boggerfest 2010.

She may sound cute but her face resembles a Punch and Judy puppet.

She also f-ing loves herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

she sounds like a headwreck to me, I once heard her on Mooney saying that she intimidates men as she's too famous/beautiful, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

parasite wrote: »
    she sounds like a headwreck to me, I once heard her on Mooney saying that she intimidates men as she's too famous/beautiful, ha

Get a nice comfy spot on the shelf there luv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

They are really going overboard on the ploughing championships, every programme has either decamped there or has reporters embedded.

You can imagine the conversation.

"Still no listeners down the country, come on people, what do these boggers like ??"

"Well, eh, there's always a big crowd at the ploughing match"

"That's more like it, we're going ploughing, and lets get some ploughing segments on the Right Hook and Breakfast"

ah what do you expect ?

half of irish entertainments best is only one generation away from bogtrotting turf cutter.

its probably the same thing the yanks feel when theyre compelled to return to "the ol sod".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Why is Damian giving this wan such an easy interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its an orgy of Premier League football today according to Ger Gilroy, with 3 games.

Lets see how they do today.

First mistake at the start of the second half of Bolton V Utd, they "got carried away" nattering to quote Ger Gilroy.

Second mistake and its abiggie - Ken ****ing Early as commentator! Possibly the worst choice ever, wrong tone wrong cadence, too posh to speak correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Whats the story with the commentary?? , are they actually at the game. It sounds like to me that they are just sitting in the studio talking over the sky coverage. Very amateurish stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a very good question. Since they started this "in house" I've suspicious of how real their coverage is.

edit - listening to Wolves v Villa carefully and its pretty clear Ken Early and his "co-commentator" are nowhere near Molineaux.

mike65 wrote: »
    Thats a very good question. Since they started this "in house" I've suspicious of how real their coverage is.

edit - listening to Wolves v Villa carefully and its pretty clear Ken Early and his "co-commentator" are nowhere near Molineaux.

Watch the Newcastle/Stoke game on Sky with the sound off and Newstalk "commentary" on. They'll only mention players and action that appears on screen. Last week, for a blatantly obvious example, McIntyre(?) didn't cop the torrential rain till half-way through the second half when the coverage went close-up on, I think, Ferguson in the dugout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I thought Ken's commentary was fine, well what I could hear of it over the crowd noise which was cranked up to the max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Dero123

The co commentator on the Villa game was Neale Fenn from Shamrock Rovers, don't for one minute think they were at the game, Alan Matthew the Shelbourne Manger was doing it on the United Bolton game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

They really need to get rid of the parachute man, he is the most boring man in Ireland.

Dero123 wrote: »
    The co commentator on the Villa game was Neale Fenn from Shamrock Rovers, don't for one minute think they were at the game, Alan Matthew the Shelbourne Manger was doing it on the United Bolton game

Sky and Talksport have been doing this for years, and I 'm not talking about Gillette Soccer Saturday. Sky's most obvious example is their coverage of La Liga. Not unknown for Big Gerry to appear magically in the half-time studios in Teddington having co-commentated the first half of a Spanish match with Rob Palmer who himself may have done a Championship insert for Stelling 2/3 hours earlier!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

delaad wrote: »
    Sky and Talksport have been doing this for years, and I 'm not talking about Gillette Soccer Saturday. Sky's most obvious example is their coverage of La Liga. Not unknown for Big Gerry to appear magically in the half-time studios in Teddington having co-commentated the first half of a Spanish match with Rob Palmer who himself may have done a Championship insert for Stelling 2/3 hours earlier!

But Today FM who are in the same stable as Newstalk send there commentator's over for live games on a Saturday.If they can do it I am not sure why Newstalk cant especially conceder the Sunday games tend to be much more high profile.

well at least newstalk covered the bonds market going mental today.

pat kenny was going on about milk FFS !

sometimes i really wonder about our media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Mark Mortell is leaving Newstalk to join up again with Fine Gael according to p.ie. NT are really in big trouble Brophy left for RTE and now Mortell im not sure how his Saturday show was doing jnlr wise but it's a big loss for NT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 nmoran

Last edition of Weekend Blend ever this morning according to Orla Barry, I think she gave the impression that it was going to be her last show on the station. She is going to explain more later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

nmoran wrote: »
    Last edition of Weekend Blend ever this morning according to Orla Barry, I think she gave the impression that it was going to be her last show on the station. She is going to explain more later.

There is a God!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

nmoran wrote: »
    She is going to explain more later.

What did that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

What did that mean?

She is moving to Monday nights, 10 to 12.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement