Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaring 20's/ Fas girl

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I don't think he told everyone to 'fúck off' - maybe he did (I didn't read the whole thread)... but what I remember is him telling those to compared his show to 'The English Class' to fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jackz wrote: »
    Wertz you put a hell of a lot of effort into defending this show and now this guy, hey maybe that's your thing.

In my opinion nothing OTT regarding the show was said. Some looneys did sign up to attack the creators on the thread in television. I think they may have been failed writers living on cheap vodka who crawled to the nearest internetz cafe.

Nah, I just like to cheer the underdog and enjoy trying to prove people wrong even if I ultimately fail at it. In defence of the indefensible.
    It's all just opinions at the end of it all and the general one seems to be that the thing was a disaster...if I'm objective about I can see their point(s) as to why that was...but I can see that the closer you are to something like this, the harder it is to keep that objectivity and not to get wrapped up in your own creation. Not being able to see the wood for the trees maybe...

In case you're hinting at it, I have no connection with said show, it's creators, RTÉ (thank f*ck) or anything else media related.
    BTW I enjoyed Laim Fay's piece about this show in his column today...always have time for his bashes even if I don't always agree with them...anyone else read it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Wertz wrote: »
    Nah, I just like to cheer the underdog and enjoy trying to prove people wrong even if I ultimately fail at it. In defence of the indefensible.
    It's all just opinions at the end of it all and the general one seems to be that the thing was a disaster...if I'm objective about I can see their point(s) as to why that was...but I can see that the closer you are to something like this, the harder it is to keep that objectivity and not to get wrapped up in your own creation. Not being able to see the wood for the trees maybe...

In case you're hinting at it, I have no connection with said show, it's creators, RTÉ (thank f*ck) or anything else media related.
    BTW I enjoyed Laim Fay's piece about this show in his column today...always have time for his bashes even if I don't always agree with them...anyone else read it?

No I wasn't hinting at it, I was just wondering why you were defending with such vigour, I get it now your a Robin Hood wannabe :p

I wonder which character AngelineJolie (the poster) was? :confused: because I thought viper or whatever was sexy despite not really enjoying the show. I watched it all and I was the first to damn it but then im interested in tv program production etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

AngelinaJolie? I have to think it was yer wan in the newspaper office...the 30something.
    Or perhaps the aul wan that they interviewed for the flatmate? :D

The beauty of it all is that we'll never know. If it was vixen, we'll need pictorial proof...from several angles. Clothing is optional.
    I'm off before I'm banned for carrying discussion on from a locked thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Is she in Kingdom as well? Terrible actress.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

<tumbleweed>

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

watched this program tonight,thought it was a load of shi*e to be honest. it has the potential to be great as there are so many story lines you could write from modern dublin, but this is falling away down. poor poor program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

Haha I had heard about FÁS girl but never took any notice of pictures or anything till now. She was actually in my school- I remember all the controversy when she was still in school and was on the FHM High Street Honeys.

I don't think she's amazing to be honest- nothing special. i will have to have a look at this program though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The roaring 20s isn't the worst pile of muck ever made, it has it's moments but as always with rte it's let down by poor production. Maybe it just needs some time to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Time to settle? It's finished, only two episodes. Thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Seen a bit of this last night, it was terrible... Very very bad.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Call_me_al wrote: »
    Feck me! I never really rated alot of the Irish models but I have to say she is an absolute cracker...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

rte can produce the odd decent program,bachelors walk and one or 2 more, but this is a total waste. id write better meself!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Flipschulke

I watched the second episode the other evening and i thought it was quiet good, the voice over didnt do it for me but i do think there was genuine humour in it. I say fair play for trying something and making an effort, hey it might not work but you can only learn from it ! I think its time a few people here stopped eating popcorn , picking spots and thinking of new and original insults and give Mr. Stubbs a break . We cant all have the looks of a Greek God and a c o c k the size of a giraffes shin bone!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

hmmm

I agree. Stubbs you had your chance on the telly stop spaming this thread:

"hey it might not work but you can only learn from it ! I think its time a few people here stopped eating popcorn , picking spots and thinking of new and original insults and give Mr. Stubbs a break "

More of the same crap.

This thread was created by Mr.Stubbs ... there would be no thread had he not created The Roaring Twenties. Either way you would moan over something else im sure ......
    I could be wrong..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Fas Girl <drool> ... the things I would like to do with her...unnatural. :D

Thats it Ron, pity there wasnt a few more like you ! Ahh Fas Girl.... What more could a man want in a show on a Monday night - with his phone off hiding from the world in case any of his friends heard of him and the jellyfish he awoke with on the sunday before :confused:
    Dont ever blame the drink - its in us all

I saw about two minutes of this crap and that was enough. How anyone could have thought it was a good idea is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Thats it Ron, pity there wasnt a few more like you ! Ahh Fas Girl.... What more could a man want in a show on a Monday night - with his phone off hiding from the world in case any of his friends heard of him and the jellyfish he awoke with on the sunday before :confused:
    Dont ever blame the drink - its in us all

I'd have to be cut out of her by the firebrigade.

Advertisement