Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaring 20's/ Fas girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dudess wrote: »
    Is the acting worse than in Fair City?

Yes. Yes it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Aw, that's just... SICK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Jackz wrote: »
    And then a number of people connected with the show posted in another thread in Television where most said that the show sucked.

Sadly, that thread is now locked, and having had the misfortune tonight to have to sit through the repeat with someone who thought it "Rully rully looked guuurd, roight?" I now have nowhere to say that I have never seen anything quite as "not funny" in my life.
    (With the possible exception of Robert Mugabe's political Broadcasts, news reports about cosmetic testing on fluffy bunnies, and "The English Class”)

The person responsible for thinking it looked "Rully rully guuurd, roight? " has been beaten like a bad bad donkey, and has subsequently apologised, and accepted that they will no longer have channel hopping or choosing privileges.

Who do write to, to get those 30 minutes of my life back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

you could of changed the channel?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

anto-t wrote: »
    you could of changed the channel?????

I could have, were I to have been in posession of the remote. I tried to leave the room around the time of the introduction of bad English accent man, but had to return to fend off a sulk.

That happens when you have to watch crap with other people on their telly, in their house.

In fairness, I shouldnt really look for compensation for the 30 minutes, I have no-one to blame but myself. It's the ghoul in us, the same one that makes us slow down to watch the aftermath of car crashes, that made me stay.

Anyway, you cant really know if something maintains the same level of rubbish all the way through if you change the channel. You'll have a pretty good idea, but you wont know for sure.

For instance, Now I know that beating my face against a pebble dash wall will be more fun than watching the next episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's RTE. They can't do comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I don't think it was RTÉ who actually made that ****e though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

OMG! that pic makes me want to puke. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Moonbaby wrote: »
    OMG! that pic makes me want to puke. :(

...and that'll be your first step on the road to achieving that figure. :)

:D

Her bum and thighs actually look good, but her upper body is scary looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

:D

Her bum and thighs actually look good, but her upper body is scary looking.

bum . . . . . . . eh where? That is too small for my hands.

True. It ain't Beyoncé's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dudess is now my favourite AH poster purely for recognizing the genius that is banky edwards! :D

To quote the legend further in relation to Fas girl...
    This is all going to end badly.

True. It ain't Beyoncé's.

Hmmmm, after some research some where in between with a french knicker covering.

Now you're a man with class! Far better than those nasty g-strings...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Watched bits of it, as I just couldn't sit down and watch in full. Just found the "funny" stuff not actually funny. I'm normally the one who finds stuff funny others don't, for example I enjoy that Kilkanskuly(sp) series. Thats comedy. They talk ****e, but its funny ****e.

I mean, bringing the Fas girl into this was just another sign of desperation. She might be good looking, but she isn't a stunner and she ain't no actress.

RTE have done better with there productions, but this one didn't fall short. It didn't even come close to short. It was of the scales short. I just didn't like it. Not one bit.

Edit:: Fair City is much better, and I think the acting is pretty poor. I cant tell if its the acting or the script, or both. I just didn't like it, and couldn't sit down and watch it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

According to the Tribune today, the shows creator has been posting on boards.ie to try defend it/offer feedback. Anyone seen his posts? I couldnt be ar$ed looking! :D

Yes we've seen them.

In fact he posted in this thread long before the show even aired.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

faceman wrote: »
    According to the Tribune today, the shows creator has been posting on boards.ie to try defend it/offer feedback. Anyone seen his posts? I couldnt be ar$ed looking! :D

He told everyone to "f*** off".

See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?=2055216207

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

He posted all over the irish blogosphere too, its ****e and he can't take it. Tis sad really.

I'd be embarrassed if I made something that terrible... I certainly wouldn't want to draw attention to it.

So none of you would defend something you put time and effort into creating? It's one thing to criticise him for making a sh*te show, quite another to criticise him for having the courage to stick up for it in the face of such adverse opinions...although that said, there's knowing when to give it up...

I'd have the good sense to know at the end that what I made was an embarrassment. If they can't see the faults in that thing, then there is seriously something wrong. They should know it's a very poor quality.

Sully wrote: »

What a spanner! (Link not working btw)

Even Uwe Boll can take it on the chin and not give a shoite!

So you never did something of poor quality in a radio format or similar, perhaps in a more youthful time, that you put a bit of effort, perhaps some heart and soul into it, only to have it shot down? Fair enough probably not something that got national airplay but something that took creation and that you actually thought someone would like, but they ultimately didn't?
    In the face of the, perhaps warranted, but OTT and in some cases downright personal criticism I saw on that thread (and other places) last week, I'd have been telling people to f*ck off too and I'd sure as hell have been sticking up for myself and my colleagues, not walking away with my tail between my legs no matter how foolish I ultimately looked....even if it is sh*te, you still have to have principles.
    Maybe I'm biased because I liked/enjoyed some of what I saw in that 30 mintues, but even if I didn't I certainly wouldn't slate the guy for standing behind it...

Sully wrote: »

Where did it go?

Wertz wrote: »
    So you never did something of poor quality in a radio format or similar, perhaps in a more youthful time, that you put a bit of effort, perhaps some heart and soul into it, only to have it shot down? Fair enough probably not something that got national airplay but something that took creation and that you actually thought someone would like, but they ultimately didn't?

I've made plenty of stuff and when it was finished I'd find the performances weren't up to scratch, the script was perhaps too self indulgent or it had technical problems... I would then realise this and scrap it. I wouldn't delude myself into thinking it was great and inflict it on the public.

You need to be critical of your own work.

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    In the face of the, perhaps warranted, but OTT and in some cases downright personal criticism I saw on that thread (and other places) last week, I'd have been telling people to f*ck off too and I'd sure as hell have been sticking up for myself and my colleagues, not walking away with my tail between my legs no matter how foolish I ultimately looked....even if it is sh*te, you still have to have principles.
    Maybe I'm biased because I liked/enjoyed some of what I saw in that 30 mintues, but even if I didn't I certainly wouldn't slate the guy for standing behind it...

Wertz you put a hell of a lot of effort into defending this show and now this guy, hey maybe that's your thing.

In my opinion nothing OTT regarding the show was said. Some looneys did sign up to attack the creators on the thread in television. I think they may have been failed writers living on cheap vodka who crawled to the nearest internetz cafe.

Advertisement