Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaring 20's/ Fas girl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Distinct lack of Fás girl in the pics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭AngelinaJolie

Wertz wrote: »
    lol who the hell uses pdfs on a modern website apart from the government?
    ...and lime green? I think I just broke my monitor...or maybe it's my eyes, but is that orange trailback thing supposed to happen?

Glanced through some cast pics while I was there; I'm afraid it's not boding well for attracting my viewership based on the cast and a skim read of the synopsis...
    Please don't mock the website!!! I know the guy who did it, and he didn't have much time or creative freedom to do a sh*t hot one. Possibly creating websites is not that difficult so therefore it is crap but since I know zilch about it, I think it's quite impressive for one afternoon's work! But for the record I agree about the PDFs - hate them with a passion on websites.
    PS- Do watch the Roaring Twenties - I'm in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Time may be a considered factor in the level of crapness, but creative freedom isn't; if you're tasked with creating something, especially on an individual level, then it's all down to you...and the end result is either crap or it isn't, no matter how long it took to actually make, the creation process shouldn't take more than a few minutes inside your mind....physically turning that into code and getting it all functional takes the time, but these days there are editors for that.

With the exception of the pdfs the site seems to function as you'd expect, but artistically, it's off (IMO)....loud colours and fonts may well be eye catching on a poster, but put them on a monitor and they tend to repel the eye somewhat....not what you want from a promotional website.
    I don't know my way past much but simple HTML and without templates I doubt I could do much better from a functional POV... but colours, font and format wise, it looks like someone poured alphabetti spaghetti into a bowl of lime jelly: garish and minimalist isn't a good combo.
    It also bears a remarkable resemblance to the menu screens on the Shameless DVDs but that is perhaps understandable.

Good luck with the TV thing anyhow, oh and welcome to boards; not everyone on here's as much of a cranky critic as me, so don't let that put you off...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coin

I likes fás girl........

But there's just something about vodafone girl.

http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/

(god i hope that link works)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Please don't mock the website!!! I know the guy who did it, and he didn't have much time or creative freedom to do a sh*t hot one. Possibly creating websites is not that difficult so therefore it is crap but since I know zilch about it, I think it's quite impressive for one afternoon's work! But for the record I agree about the PDFs - hate them with a passion on websites.
    PS- Do watch the Roaring Twenties - I'm in it!
    Are you important?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i think this is on tonight ;)

'Tis on now...throwing a cursory glance in it's direction. More at 11.

Hmmm, better than I was expecting...got some laughs out of it anyhow; a tad predictable but not in a bad way.
    I'm sure there'll be a thread about it in the TV forum so I'll leave it at that in this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

This was junk btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Was FÁS Girl on tonight's episode?

Far be it from me to be on topic but I think she was the stripper/flatmate. Could be wrong though, since I don't have a life sized poster on my bedroom wall to compare her to...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jackz wrote: »
    This was junk btw.
    No it wasn't

You can make money selling junk at a junk sale.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

didnt know who the hell this was so had to google it, shes lovely and proportioned in the first 2 pics but something doesnt seem right in all her others for example:

http://misslili.blogspot.com/search/label/georgia%20salpa

http://www.missireland2007.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/georgiasalpa.jpg

Wonder bra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭AngelinaJolie

Wertz wrote: »
    Hmmm, better than I was expecting...got some laughs out of it anyhow; a tad predictable but not in a bad way.
    I'm sure there'll be a thread about it in the TV forum so I'll leave it at that in this thread...

ok maybe somewhat predictable but isn't every pilot a little rough around the edges?
    I say it was funny (although I am biased) - lets be a little different and give the guys a chance ... well at least until the second episode! Fair enough if then you all think that's completely sh*t then...

Unless you have a particularly thick skin, I think you'd do well to avoid the dedicated thread in Television...I'm afraid a slating is the general consensus over there.
    I'll watch the second ep, I was always going to...I'm one of the minority that found some of tonight's somewhat funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I just happened to be watching the ads on RTE2 a few moments ago and something struck me. Apparently Boards.ie is now so popular - a voice of the nation if you will - that the producers RTE's 'hilarious smash hit comedy' The Roaring 20's have decided to cash in on the recent After Hours 'Fas Girl' fad and cast her in their show as 'The Fas Girl'.

Well done to all you After Hours perverts. You are shaping the nation! It does make me wonder what else the opinions of users here has influenced.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They should really pay boards royalties for using that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps they'll now get rid of Pat Kenny and give us our licence money back, if they really want to go with the flow!

Up the proletareate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Yeah I saw that advert as well. She said the word condoms. Nyom Nyom I'll be watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

pid() wrote: »
    I'll be watching.

I wont after seeing the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Somehow I think the fact that -

1. She's in the Fas advert

- is probably why she's known as "The Fas Girl".

After Hours is unlikely the reason...

Sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Merged with previous super-long thread about same. Fanny Cradock, where have you BEEN?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

dublindude wrote: »
    Somehow I think the fact that -

1. She's in the Fas advert

- is probably why she's known as "The Fas Girl".

After Hours is unlikely the reason...

Sorry :(

You are almost certainly incorrect, one of the creators of the show posted in this very thread prior to the show appearing on air. And then a number of people connected with the show posted in another thread in Television where most said that the show sucked.

The subject that just keeps on giving.

I agree with Fanny Cradock...many people may have seen her on the billboards and bus shelters, but it was the in-depth discussion, links to pics/bebos/whatever and a mile long thread with "FÁS girl" in the title that gave her that name as far as I can see. The fact that RTÉ used it in a promo is gas...especially since the forums that likely titled her then turn around and rip the show to bits (for the most part).
    This on now BTW if anyone is still unsure as to what all the fuss is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Jackz wrote: »
    You are almost certainly incorrect, one of the creators of the show posted in this very thread prior to the show appearing on air. And then a number of people connected with the show posted in another thread in Television where most said that the show sucked.

Really? OK. I accept After Hours may indeed be part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Dudess wrote: »
    Merged with previous super-long thread about same. Fanny Cradock, where have you BEEN?! :)

I tend to give AH a miss these days. I hear there is a new power hungry mod on the loose throwing her weight around. More animal than woman I'm told.

That would be her prowess in the sack apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I saw this earlier...

I really didn't think it was humanly possible to act that badly.... but I guess it is..

Almost makes me miss the Big Bow Wow... almost...

• Advertisement

Is the acting worse than in Fair City?

Advertisement