Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ronoc wrote: »
    Ive come to the conclusion AH has a large amount of socially retarded people. They especially gather in these sort of threads.

You've been a member for nearly 6 yrs and you're only just now figuring this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    While I may not agree with the OP's premise based on his fleeting meeting with these two girls on the stairs, I have to agree with his main point partly Irish women while not being hot are indeed full of themselves. I normally don't like making broad sweeping statements like that but in this case it can not be avoided.

Let's look at the case for the prosecution,
    Irish women and fashion
    One word, midriff as in muffin rolls, case proven your honor.
    Irish women and alcohol
    Now as a male I know my gender fails when it comes to this subject, yet for some strange reason Irish women try to out do us in the sheer amount consumed in as short a time as possible.
    Irish women and their attitude to Irish men
    Most of my male friends scrub up fairly well, as in we keep reasonably fit shower regularly etc and so put in the effort but and again I am forced to make generalisations, Irish women view us as a meal ticket. The bar is a distant land never visited, resturant bills a see no evil pay no evil subject and lets not even visit the whole taxi issue.

A friend has been completely turned off dating Irish women (he now only dates women from eastern europe) because and I quote "stand the two beside each other and see if you chose the Irish one"

Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

That is all a load of bollocks (apart from the alcohol bit I suppose).

I dunno where you find girls like that, I certainly don't know any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Since a lot of this seems to be in bars maybe thats your problem.
    as for next time you're in the gym stand beside an eastern european bloke and figure out which one an Irish girl will choose.
    I'm sick to death of all this Irish/dublin women bashing all of it seem to be centered around meeting girls in pubs or clubs and thats the bloody problem, oh and the boorish grabby nature of some blokes in clubs make the nice girls wary of most blokes.
    As for the OP sounds like he was the rude one pushing his way by on the stairs, I still don't get how the 2 girls were rude to him.

No doubt they'd choose the ripped, skinheaded EE.

But in my experience, there are not that many Irish women with EE blokes.
    It is a majority the other way (Irish bloke with EE supermodel) ;-)
    Again, in my experience.

moco wrote: »
    That is all a load of bollocks (apart from the alcohol bit I suppose).

I dunno where you find girls like that, I certainly don't know any.

The rolypoly ugly ugly midriff is rampant but only amongst the skanger class (thank fcuk)
    The *women lashing back alcohol bit is true - disgustingly true. That is where they let themselves down. Plus the resultant mouths like dockers. Total turnoff for anyone. (I'm sure the reverse is true but seeing as **blokes know no better...)

*As always, not every woman but quite a few.
    **Not all blokes especially bookworms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kittykitty2

Reg'stoy wrote: »

Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.
    In all my relationhips I've ensured that when I went out to the pub or a nightclub with my bf, that I've bought him drinks at the bar as well as the other way round, offered to go 50/50 on taxies, bought him cinema tickets and let him pay for a meal, etc. etc. It's only common courtesy.Also, my girlfriends and I open doors for one another, yet again , an example of mere common courtesy, not exclusively practiced by guys for girls. I can accept that some Irish women have no manners. The same goes for some men!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

as for next time you're in the gym stand beside an eastern european bloke and figure out which one an Irish girl will choose.

The Eastern European bloke with the huge pecks and personality of a lamp-post *possibly???

But the real questions is: Would an Eastern European bloke choose an Irish girl?

I seriously doubt it ;)

(*After a quick credit check)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

As for the OP sounds like he was the rude one pushing his way by on the stairs, I still don't get how the 2 girls were rude to him.

Agreed.

Chances are the first girl was being friendly trying to bring the OP into the conversation, or perhaps trying to do a bit of match-making for her friend with the nice dress. The friend with the nice dress puts no pass on this and continues chatting to her mate about her dress only to find that the random bloke is no longer behind them but now walking in between her and her mate. Not wanting to get drawn into a conversation with a possibly drunk man she has no interest in she gently tells him to go on ahead.

Dude, the only rude, stuck up person in this scenario is you. You could have waited until they got to the top of the stairs instead of trying to shove past them and her telling you to move along does not in any way, shape or form mean she thinks she's hot and that you wanted her.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Agreed.

Chances are the first girl was being friendly trying to bring the OP into the conversation, or perhaps trying to do a bit of match-making for her friend with the nice dress. The friend with the nice dress puts no pass on this and continues chatting to her mate about her dress only to find that the random bloke is no longer behind them but now walking in between her and her mate. Not wanting to get drawn into a conversation with a possibly drunk man she has no interest in she gently tells him to go on ahead.

Dude, the only rude, stuck up person in this scenario is you. You could have waited until they got to the top of the stairs instead of trying to shove past them and her telling you to move along does not in any way, shape or form mean she thinks she's hot and that you wanted her.

Funny how things read differently to people.
    I understood the Op perfectly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

delah wrote: »
    Funny how things read differently to people.
    I understood the Op perfectly well.

Yes, the OP said he was sober. How was the girl in question to know that? They were in a pub and here's this guy who won't wait until they get to the top of the stairs and instead gets in between her and her mate. Personally I'd think the person was either drunk or very rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Without verging OT it's pretty annoying when people clog up a stairwell chit chatting and idling along...a lot like those people walking in front of you in a busy street that just stop dead to do something without bothering to look behind them. The OP only had to say "excuse me" though.

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Yes, the OP said he was sober. How was the girl in question to know that? They were in a pub and here's this guy who won't wait until they get to the top of the stairs and instead gets in between her and her mate. Personally I'd think the person was either drunk or very rude.

And without being picky, the OP also stated that he didn't initiate any conversation.

Stairwells aren't for stalling unless you're trying it on (clue: The OP wasn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Those girls must've been waiting ages in the stairwell for the OP to turn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

elambra wrote: »
    .... I wasn't at all concentrating on looking at them, I just wanted to get back upstairs to my gf and her mates.

this here is the problem,he has no sense of humour and subsequently has no mates of his own

This people is not a serious comment and should be taken lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Raekwon wrote: »
    The Eastern European bloke with the huge pecks and personality of a lamp-post *possibly???

But the real questions is: Would an Eastern European bloke choose an Irish girl?

I seriously doubt it ;)

(*After a quick credit check)

exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Wimmin, eh?:rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Wibbs wrote: »
    Yep. Have to agree here. Irish women are fatter and less toned than the mediteranians or eastern Europeans in general. Walk into a Milan/Parisian/Madridian/etc clothes shop and check out the sizes on the racks. Do the same here. Compare and contrast. Also you tend to get skinny with no hips or fat with no hips, shapely seem to have been lost in the mix. Probably a gene pool thing.

You're both right and wrong, imho. A huge amount of irish women (myself includd, I'll admit) are quite lazy, dare I say many irish men are too? And the food we eat is utter crap. No wonder diabetes is becoming the most common disease here.

But irish people are meant to be just that little bit bigger than the Mediteranians because of the climate, we need a little bit more insulation, and regarding body size they just are smaller, smaller frames, that's the main reason for smaller sizes. In italy for one they've all big hips but no boobs, a lot of us and the brits too are complete opposites. Just some diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Since a lot of this seems to be in bars maybe thats your problem.
    I'm sick to death of all this Irish/dublin women bashing all of it seem to be centered around meeting girls in pubs or clubs and thats the bloody problem, oh and the boorish grabby nature of some blokes in clubs make the nice girls wary of most blokes.

Excellent point, I am sick of listening to it as well, you would think that all irish men are fantastic the way they go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

No doubt they'd choose the ripped, skinheaded EE.

Would they?

My area is according to the last census around 30% foreign (not all EE admittedtly, but Id reckon maybe 20% with the remainder mainly Nigerian).

Im not sure Ive seen an EE getting a drunken feel with an Irish girl in a local pub/nightclub let alone going out with one. Do Irish women stereotype them all as alcoholic wife beaters? Or do they just plain not fancy them?

Id reckon plenty of EE men would want an Irish girl, why wouldnt they? Saying that I dont really know a huge amount. Although there are plenty in my workplace there are relatively few Poles in my actual dept, we have a much higher amount of other foreigners, but most of them rate Irish women quite well so I wouldnt assume there is a huge difference. iirc theres a few of the Poles on boards who arrived before the big migration who have one. Probably out of necessity, if you lived here 9 years ago when you had no fellow Polish friends to go to Polish house parties with where you could drink Polish beer, smoke weed grown in Poland, and listen to Polish hardhouse and techno while talking in Polish to Polish women drunk on Polish vodka, then you had to branch out into your Irish locale a bit more.

Apart from Slovaks/Czechs I find that this obsession with EE women is some type of online nerd thing anyway*. Any convo Ive had with the lads revolves around mad ideas about how attractive they assume the average French or Spanish woman is from having watched the odd James Bond flick (and believe me, the throngs of stunning 17/18 year old students from Spain in Dublin every summer do not look like that 8 years down the line for some bizarre reason :( ). Typical conversation might mention Asian (or more specifically south east asian), Latino and Med, but, apart from the old Czechslovakia, not a whole pile else. I honestly wonder where some of you folks work, I really do.

*: I realise the irony of saying this online....on a Friday night....but ffs NYE is next Monday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

As for the mid drift comments, you dont see many Eastern European men or men from Southern Europe with the huge beer bellies that you see on irish men in their twenties or thirties. You wouldnt catch a french or Italian man walking round in a track suit. Yet its Irish women you are not good looking enough you must be having a laugh. Irish men are much fatter and take much less care of themselves then anyone in Europe other then perhaps the English.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

1huge1 wrote: »
    exactly
    Hmmmmm must be just the guys in my gym hitting on all the irish girls then....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tha Gopher wrote: »

Apart from Slovaks/Czechs I find that this obsession with EE women is some type of online nerd thing anyway*. Any convo Ive had with the lads revolves around mad ideas about how attractive they assume the average French or Spanish woman is from having watched the odd James Bond flick (and believe me, the throngs of stunning 17/18 year old students from Spain in Dublin every summer do not look like that 8 years down the line for some bizarre reason :( ). Typical conversation might mention Asian (or more specifically south east asian), Latino and Med, but, apart from the old Czechslovakia, not a whole pile else. I honestly wonder where some of you folks work, I really do.

*: I realise the irony of saying this online....on a Friday night....but ffs NYE is next Monday ;)

I agree, and my excuse is at least I'm drinking while online*

*Or does that make me sadder?

As for the mid drift comments, you dont see many Eastern European men or men from Southern Europe with the huge beer bellies that you see on irish men in their twenties or thirties. You wouldnt catch a french or Italian man walking round in a track suit. Yet its Irish women you are not good looking enough you must be having a laugh. Irish men are much fatter and take much less care of themselves then anyone in Europe other then perhaps the English.

true.

But that doesn't make the jellybelly women comments null and void!

For the record, I am Irish and I prefer Irish women if stupidly pushed to say 'Do you like Irish women or all them bleedin gorgeous foreigners?'
    Irish women are a challenge (floppy midriffs and trackies aside and they can keep that shat well aside), nothing better than a mouthy, intelligent Irish woman. And I hope that's not patronising to anyone. I can't stand stuck up anyones.
    Irish woman w/class and intelligence vs. EE supermodel=no contest

Irish all the way.

Would they?

;)

Yes. But the EE monolith wouldn't.
    It's all EE women fcuking Irish boys (for some mad reason, not me tho)

I agree, and my excuse is at least I'm drinking while online*

*Or does that make me sadder?

Shaddup GinnyJo, you're obviously a class Irish specimen!¬ surely I used to blow you in the 80s, the eighties

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Id reckon plenty of EE men would want an Irish girl, why wouldnt they?

Maybe because their women whinge less, and are better looking, more feminine and harder working?

But that's just a guess.

Shaddup GinnyJo, you're obviously a class Irish specimen!¬ surely I used to blow you in the 80s, the eighties
    No that would be impossible and probably illegal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Maybe because their women whinge less, and are better looking, more feminine and harder working?

But that's just a guess.

Whinge less? Dont get them started on our weather, our health service and (in the case of Slovak women anyway) drunk Irish men in nightclubs/drunk Irish women trying to outdrink Irish men and making an idiot of themselves (I havent talked to enough Polish women in the last year to gauge their opinion on our drinking tbh) As said I work with loads of foreigners but we only had one Polish girl in the dept and she left months ago. Although she seemed to like a drink and was gorgeous when she was dressed up to go out, which was a big contrast to work where she kind of down dressed herself and acted quite reserved and conservatively, until I saw her out on the rip I assumed she was some type of religious good girl catholic type.

As for more feminine, actually one thing I like about EE women is that they have a bit of balls (if you know what i mean :confused::p). No, despite nearly all having a boyfriend I find them alot more self assertive and independently minded than Irish women.

Harder working: maybe the ones willing to work in your local Abras until 3am on a Sunday morning. In an office environment they are pretty much the same as Irish female staff: do whats expected but dont break their back, and yet are more likely to get promoted than male colleagues of any nationality (I mean women in general by the above, in my firm I wouldnt reckon foreign women are either more or less likely to get promoted than men. However, women in mine as a whole are massively more likely to be a shoe in for promotion, particularly if they are attractive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Any convo Ive had with the lads revolves around mad ideas about how attractive they assume the average French or Spanish woman is from having watched the odd James Bond flick (and believe me, the throngs of stunning 17/18 year old students from Spain in Dublin every summer do not look like that 8 years down the line for some bizarre reason ). Typical conversation might mention Asian (or more specifically south east asian), Latino and Med, but, apart from the old Czechslovakia, not a whole pile else. I honestly wonder where some of you folks work, I really do.

I work in the south of France so my earlier comment i think was quite valid. As i said there are a lof of decent Irish girls but in my experience foreign girls are a lot more approchable, friendlier and easier to talk to, maybe that has something to do with the amount of idiots girls in Ireland have to contend with while they are out. While I have gone out with some gorgeous girls (1 an actual model) there is still nothing to beat the personality of an Irish girl. So give me a decent Irish girl with a great personality over some drop dead gorgeous foreigner.
    Applications on the back of a postcard please . :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

that caroline morahan one comes to mind after 209 posts:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

nothing better than a mouthy, intelligent Irish woman.

That's a bit of a contradiction in terms. Any mouthy person I've ever met has been decidedly unintelligent bar the very odd exception. Well - that depends on what your definition of mouthy is. Mine would be someone who can't STFU and has to say everything that comes into their head, thinking that the rest of us want to hear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement