Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

elambra wrote: »
    ...yet another case of it last night, walking up the stairs of a certain bar in town and two slightly lower than average Irish girls (the types who are from the countryside and act lke real 'aul ones, gossiping etc. you know the type) are in front of me, one of them says to the other 'oh I love your dress' then turns around to me and said 'isn't her dress lovely?' I said 'yes it is' smiling, just to please them by saying something. I wasn't at all concentrating on looking at them, I just wanted to get back upstairs to my gf and her mates. As they were walking at a slower pace than me it ended up that I started to walk in between them. The one with the 'lovely dress' turns to say to the other one 'check out the little red bits on it' and ends up saying it to me by accident, so naturally I say 'what?' and she gives me a condecending look and lightly pushes me and says 'no you go on..' as if I had stopped to chat her up or something. The cheek of her I just wanted to say to her 'sorry love I wouldn't go near you I thought you were talking to me as you actually spoke in my direction'

Now normally I wouldn't care about things like this but I was sober, and I am just home for christmas, having lived abroad for the last 3.5 years, and I find that, whilst the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited, they are the most stuck up and just think they are god's gift to the world when in fact a large amount of them are just unattractive (physically and personally) moany holes obsessed with british celebrities and food..

Anyway, that's my rant over with, let me know your relavite opinion, and have a good christmas :-)

How do u work out that they were "stuck up". Sounds to me like one of them thought u were cute and her friend was trying to orchestrate a conversation by asking u what you thought of her dress.
    Go back to flirting school mate! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

are better craic than foreign girls

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

simu wrote: »
    Baby shoes or kid shoes? I could see the cute factor of baby shoes but older kids' shoes, no. This is most intruiging, anyways.

Of course kid shoes , how else is he meant to attract them .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Lola123 wrote: »
    How do u work out that they were "stuck up". Sounds to me like one of them thought u were cute and her friend was trying to orchestrate a conversation by asking u what you thought of her dress.
    Go back to flirting school mate! :rolleyes:

Or, she was trying to reassure her friend that she looked good?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jessica Sanders

Dontcha just hate it when fellas move out of the country for 3.5 years, come back for Christmas only to find that they are better than everyone else? Looking down their noses at us oul Irish girls! Get down off yer high horse mister!!

• Advertisement

Dontcha just hate it when fellas move out of the country for 3.5 years, come back for Christmas only to find that they are better than everyone else? Looking down their noses at us oul Irish girls! Get down off yer high horse mister!!

I'm sure he would get up on yours instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

While I may not agree with the OP's premise based on his fleeting meeting with these two girls on the stairs, I have to agree with his main point partly Irish women while not being hot are indeed full of themselves. I normally don't like making broad sweeping statements like that but in this case it can not be avoided.

Let's look at the case for the prosecution,
    Irish women and fashion
    One word, midriff as in muffin rolls, case proven your honor.
    Irish women and alcohol
    Now as a male I know my gender fails when it comes to this subject, yet for some strange reason Irish women try to out do us in the sheer amount consumed in as short a time as possible.
    Irish women and their attitude to Irish men
    Most of my male friends scrub up fairly well, as in we keep reasonably fit shower regularly etc and so put in the effort but and again I am forced to make generalisations, Irish women view us as a meal ticket. The bar is a distant land never visited, resturant bills a see no evil pay no evil subject and lets not even visit the whole taxi issue.

A friend has been completely turned off dating Irish women (he now only dates women from eastern europe) because and I quote "stand the two beside each other and see if you chose the Irish one"

Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

WindSock wrote: »
    All shoe related replies are to go to this thread...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54721360#post54721360 :D

What Socky said.
    Stay on topic.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

Woman very rarely like that that crap now a days and yet I keep doing it... In my experience I would agree that woman very rarely split the bill. The rare ones are good honest tom boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

While I may not agree with the OP's premise based on his fleeting meeting with these two girls on the stairs, I have to agree with his main point partly Irish women while not being hot are indeed full of themselves. I normally don't like making broad sweeping statements like that but in this case it can not be avoided.

Irish women and fashion
    Irish women and alcohol
    Now as a male I know my gender fails when it comes to this subject, yet for some strange reason Irish women try to out do us in the sheer amount consumed in as short a time as possible.
    Most of my male friends scrub up fairly well, as in we keep reasonably fit shower regularly etc and so put in the effort but and again I am forced to make generalisations, Irish women view us as a meal ticket. The bar is a distant land never visited, resturant bills a see no evil pay no evil subject and lets not even visit the whole taxi issue.

A friend has been completely turned off dating Irish women (he now only dates women from eastern europe) because and I quote "stand the two beside each other and see if you chose the Irish one"

Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

Agreed, although ... us blokes aren't exactly perfect either. I'm sure the male population of Ireland doesn't compare too favourably to some other nations either. Lets face it, we're an ugly nation.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Agreed, although ... us blokes aren't exactly perfect either. I'm sure the male population of Ireland doesn't compare too favourably to some other nations either. Lets face it, we're an ugly nation.

Aren't mongrels usually ugly? Well most people think so but genetically mongrels are the best.

Right, your honour, an Irish woman takes the stand, I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...
    Irish women and fashion

*looks down* - no muffin top here...
    Irish women and alcohol

I don't go out to get drunk, I have a max of about 3 when I go...

Any date that I have been on I have always split it 50/50 - I would not have it any other way.

And do they pay for their taxis home too??

Now, before ye all start fighting over me, I'm taken!! :D

Now, before ye all start fighting over me, I'm taken!! :D

Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Now, before ye all start fighting over me, I'm taken!

The good ones always are :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A troll is for life not just for christmas. No shortage of eejits in here feeding them though.....I especially like manTime....I mean hijacking another trolls' thread and stealing their thunder is to be applauded.
    *golf clap*

Even a troll's gotta eat! :)

Wertz wrote: »
    A troll is for life not just for christmas. No shortage of eejits in here feeding them though.....I especially like manTime....I mean hijacking another trolls' thread and stealing their thunder is to be applauded.
    *golf clap*

Trolls are an annual tradition! Like Santa except more cursing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

...yet another case of it last night, walking up the stairs of a certain bar in town and two slightly lower than average Irish girls (the types who are from the countryside and act lke real 'aul ones, gossiping etc. you know the type) are in front of me, one of them says to the other 'oh I love your dress' then turns around to me and said 'isn't her dress lovely?' I said 'yes it is' smiling, just to please them by saying something. I wasn't at all concentrating on looking at them, I just wanted to get back upstairs to my gf and her mates. As they were walking at a slower pace than me it ended up that I started to walk in between them. The one with the 'lovely dress' turns to say to the other one 'check out the little red bits on it' and ends up saying it to me by accident, so naturally I say 'what?' and she gives me a condecending look and lightly pushes me and says 'no you go on..' as if I had stopped to chat her up or something. The cheek of her I just wanted to say to her 'sorry love I wouldn't go near you I thought you were talking to me as you actually spoke in my direction'

Now normally I wouldn't care about things like this but I was sober, and I am just home for christmas, having lived abroad for the last 3.5 years, and I find that, whilst the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited, they are the most stuck up and just think they are god's gift to the world when in fact a large amount of them are just unattractive (physically and personally) moany holes obsessed with british celebrities and food..

Anyway, that's my rant over with, let me know your relavite opinion, and have a good christmas :-)

she asked you to go on so she could talk to her friend?

the WHORE!

jesus, what sort of utter rubbish are you spouting? Some girl talks to you by accident, and you are rude enough to think that she is full of herself?

Talk yourself into a corner and grow up. Seriously, this is getting beyond boring. irish young fellas hve to be the most niave and pampered little brats in the world. get yourself of mammys apron strings and stop beliving your gods gift to the female population of the world.

she asked you to go on so she could talk to her friend?

the WHORE!

jesus, what sort of utter rubbish are you spouting? Some girl talks to you by accident, and you are rude enough to think that she is full of herself?

Talk yourself into a corner and grow up. Seriously, this is getting beyond boring. irish young fellas hve to be the most niave and pampered little brats in the world. get yourself of mammys apron strings and stop beliving your gods gift to the female population of the world.

Hell YEAH!!

:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Lets and see what a rise we get.....
    Irish women and fashion
    True though Spaniards can be worse. Don't get me started on the Germans, if we're bandying about generalisations.
    Yep. Have to agree here. Irish women are fatter and less toned than the mediteranians or eastern Europeans in general. Walk into a Milan/Parisian/Madridian/etc clothes shop and check out the sizes on the racks. Do the same here. Compare and contrast. Also you tend to get skinny with no hips or fat with no hips, shapely seem to have been lost in the mix. Probably a gene pool thing.
    Irish women and alcohol
    Both genders drink way too much, but I have been on the rip in many a European capitol and have never seen the level of drunkenness among women that you get in Ireland(with the honourable exception of Britain).
    Yep again the foreign lassies tend to actually like Irish men and certainly ones batting average goes up.
    I have to say Americans can be as bad if not worse.
    I'm with your friend on this one. For a myriad of reasons I haven't gone near an Irish woman in nearly 8 years. I have found a certain harshness in them. A certain, "the world owes me something", "daddies little princess" syndrome. While it's present in other cultures, it's seems more prevalent here. Every single one of my mates who has gone elsewhere has never gone back. Which is all good, as the Irish women wouldn't have a bar of us anyway.:D In any case it's better for the gene pool if Irish men and women avoid each other. All that said, two of the sweetest women I know are Irish so...
    Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself
    Yes your money is "our" money, her money is hers. Common enough although not universal thankfully.

Best example. Look at the number of internationally known male ex symbols that are Irish. Pierce Brosnan, Colin Farrell, Johnathan Rhys Meyers, Stuart Townsend, Cillian Murphy etc etc and that's just the list of men born here. Add in of Irish extraction, or those in the past and the list gets longer. Now look at the the number of internationally known female sex symbols that are Irish. The latter is a much shorter list and no, the Corrs hardly count.......

Cheek insert tongue....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    Walk into a Milan/Parisian/Madridian/etc clothes shop and check out the sizes on the racks.

I think rails would have been a more appropriate word here! Unless you actually do jet set around the world checking out the racks in womens stores!!

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D:D well yes you're right. Maybe on both counts.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love these threads! It never fails to amaze me how so many lads think that they have the several million Irish girls sussed out and consider themselves above dating each and every one of them. And so many of them claiming Irish girls suffer from 'daddy's little princess' syndrome... judging by the rampant narcissism in many of the posts, it seems a lot of the men here suffer from 'mammy's golden boy' syndrome.

Gauge wrote: »
    I love these threads! It never fails to amaze me how so many lads think that they have the several million Irish girls sussed out and consider themselves above dating each and every one of them. And so many of them claiming Irish girls suffer from 'daddy's little princess' syndrome... judging by the rampant narcissism in many of the posts, it seems a lot of the men here suffer from 'mammy's golden boy' syndrome.

You are not in a position to judge as you yourself are implying that you are better than the rest of us males. Your not.

BTW: The main problem with this argument is that both Irish men and woman are relatively sheltered. We are an island nation with only moaney hole England to talk too. Now what about France, Italy all the central European countries? They had lots of other different girls and boys to play doctor with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

If there is ever a confirmed serial rapist/murderer on the loose the cops should stake out boards, seeing as its home to such a large amount of people with a virulent hatred of Irish women.

Two women. Drunk. One tries to chat you up. The other accidentally talks to you when she means to talk to her friend. Realising you are unlikely to be interested in a conversation about womens clothing, she basically says "never mind". tbh I would doubt the girlfriend of this story even exists.

If you think Irish women are of such a low standard Id love to hear what countries you have visited. As I assume its pretty much nowhere in Western Europe, bar maybe the UK.

I shall go on the record on this. Having travelled to France, England, Scotland, Wales, Germany and the Czech Republic, and over the years having worked with women from every corner of Europe, I can categorically state that

a- Slovak women are the most beautiful in Europe

b- Czechs are hot, but proportionately not hugely more good looking than ours

c- Mediterranean women are extremely tight with money, cant drink, and dress very poorly in this country

d- Poles are proportionately equally attractive, perhaps even less so, than Irish women. Anyone who thinks all Polish women are stunning clearly hasnt worked with more than two of them.

e- English/Scottish women are technically the best, seeing as they love Irish men and can drink like we can

f- Most continental European women are no craic for a session as they cant go more than 5/6 drinks without getting half unconscious (there is getting a girl drunk and up for it, and then there is a girl not used to drinking getting into a state whereby trying anything on is probably illegal). Yes, I am saying it. women who cant/dont enjoy a few drinks frankly bore the arse off me. Mainly because they get all uppity/shocked at how much me and my Irish friends are drinking.

So basically, on drinking ability the Irish women are ranked joint no.1 with the Scots. Re up for a laugh, probably 2nd, with the Scots in front. re looks, 2nd or 3rd in Europe (Slovakia simply cannot be touched).

All in all it prob averages out that the Irish women are 3rd in Europe. Which in football terms makes them the calibre of France, which is not too shabby.

edit- I replied to this post without reading the entire thread, and am shocked to see I am agreeing with WhiteWashMan.

Ignore everything I just said. Yeah, Irish women, all ugly hateful sluts etc etc. Every woman from France and Italy looks like a model and has a lethal personality.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    If there is ever a confirmed serial rapist/murderer on the loose the cops should stake out boards

Combating misogyny with misandry. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pornstar IRL

Hairy Armpits

You Choose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    cant drink... English/Scottish women are technically the best, seeing as they love Irish men and can drink like we can... Most continental European women are no craic for a session as they cant go more than 5/6 drinks without getting half unconscious (there is getting a girl drunk and up for it, and then there is a girl not used to drinking getting into a state whereby trying anything on is probably illegal). Yes, I am saying it. women who cant/dont enjoy a few drinks frankly bore the arse off me. Mainly because they get all uppity/shocked at how much me and my Irish friends are drinking... on drinking ability the Irish women are ranked joint no.1 with the Scots.

It should probably also be noted that not all of us are p1ssheads who want a drunken idiot for a girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Irish women make me horny, I rest my case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Laslo wrote: »
    It should probably also be noted that not all of us are p1ssheads who want a drunken idiot for a girlfriend.

Neither do I.

What I do want is a girl who can sink near as much as I can and act reasonably. With foreign women Ive found either

a- They attempt to drink like us and end up in a state

or

b- Drink too slowly while we neck our pints. Which results in us getting drunk/merry and them stone cold sober

Id regard example A as the "drunken idiot" more than an Irish girl who can go out, have 11 drinks and be in a good, conscious mood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement