Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Oh this is such a load of crap every agrument that you can apply to Irish women generally applies Irish men too. We are fat, alcoholic, feckless people and lets face it we probably all deserve each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Irish women and their attitude to Irish men
    Most of my male friends scrub up fairly well, as in we keep reasonably fit shower regularly etc and so put in the effort but and again I am forced to make generalisations, Irish women view us as a meal ticket. The bar is a distant land never visited, resturant bills a see no evil pay no evil subject and lets not even visit the whole taxi issue.

A friend has been completely turned off dating Irish women (he now only dates women from eastern europe) because and I quote "stand the two beside each other and see if you chose the Irish one"

Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. I know for a fact that my female friends, including the extended group would rather be seen dead that sponging off a guy. We all have good jobs, good manners and earn enough money to spend 50/50. Now in saying that it is so nice to be treated and Irish men dont do it often enough.

I love when guys open doors and offer seats and each time they do they are given a smile and thank you...

Dont know where you are hanging out or who with but remember 'birds of a feather flock together'. If you are being treated like a muppet by girls its because (a) you are choosing the wrong ones and (b) are giving out vibes that you can be treated like that.

I have lived abroad and travelled extensively with female friends from all over the world and I have yet to meet one who is more generous than my feale irish friends... They all (rampant generalisation) tend to be 'careful' with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Lux23 wrote: »
    Oh this is such a load of crap every agrument that you can apply to Irish women generally applies Irish men too. We are fat, alcoholic, feckless people and lets face it we probably all deserve each other.

Thats right. We do all deserve potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thats right. We do all deserve potatoes.

I quite like spuds too. Irish men are great craic and I suppose if I fancied women I would feel the same way about Irish girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Laslo wrote: »
    That's a bit of a contradiction in terms. Any mouthy person I've ever met has been decidedly unintelligent bar the very odd exception. Well - that depends on what your definition of mouthy is. Mine would be someone who can't STFU and has to say everything that comes into their head, thinking that the rest of us want to hear it.

Nah, it's not.
    It's Irish for having an opinion and defending it intelligently.

Irish women excel at it which is why despite the bashing they are getting in the looks dept round here, they will always have the edge IMO. Get the right combo (excessively common in Irish women) and BINGO. Goodbye Lenin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

delah wrote: »
    It's Irish for having an opinion and defending it intelligently.

Having an opinion on anything and everything is a highly irritating trait regardless of whether you 'defend' it intelligently or not... or whether you're a man or a woman. Sometimes it's better to shut up and let someone else take their turn to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

that caroline morahan one comes to mind after 209 posts:)

she's a man in drag, not very convincing drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

+1

I agree

No, not ALL Irish women are the same, in fact, there are many roides who are also interestin/funny/nice/not a prick....

BUT

The majority of girls who go to clubs are saps.
    They push you out of the way at the bar/on their way to the jax
    They acts as if any guy near/lookin at them is a sleazeball whos tryin to score them [again, this is also true, but not EVERY guy!]

Its just so annoying, and frustratin that theres people out there with that frame of mind

agh!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

everyone in ireland is great and right. lets swing our hips in that rikki lake fashion of immortal righteousness while we tell other countries their moral highgrounds... stick to wat we are best at

applies Irish men too. We are fat, alcoholic, feckless people and lets face it we probably all deserve each other.

Ah but sure we're great aul craic and we have an opinion on everything so that's alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Having an opinion on anything and everything is a highly irritating trait regardless of whether you 'defend' it intelligently or not... or whether you're a man or a woman. Sometimes it's better to shut up and let someone else take their turn to talk.

Yes, it IS irritating :p

St Bill wrote: »
    Yes, it IS irritating :p

I know. Which is generally why I don't blabber on all day when in people's company. T'internets is a different story though. Everyone's such an arrogant, opinionated cock on-line that I feel it's necessary to be as a stuck up as possible. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jeebus wrote: »
    I'm sure even the women of boards can attest to having some mates who, while being incredibly, odiously ugly(inside and out), still manage to have an incredibly high opinion of themselves.
    )

Honestly,I know a lot more males that are like this than females.
    delah wrote: »

But in my experience, there are not that many Irish women with EE blokes.
    It is a majority the other way (Irish bloke with EE supermodel) ;-)
    Again, in my experience.

Well only speaking for myself as an Irish female, for me personality is far far more important than looks. There is a large language barrier between EE blokes and myself in the majority of cases so It is much more difficult to fully get to know someone. Irish blokes on the other hand are generally a lot more superfical when It comes to relationships and would overlook a language barrier and a deep meaningful relationship in order to have some EE supermodel on their arm.

panda100 wrote: »
    Well only speaking for myself as an Irish female, for me personality is far far more important than looks. There is a large language barrier between EE blokes and myself in the majority of cases so It is much more difficult to fully get to know someone. Irish blokes on the other hand are generally a lot more superfical when It comes to relationships and would overlook a language barrier and a deep meaningful relationship in order to have some EE supermodel on their arm.

I have to say that, from personal experience, I think this is completely wide of the mark.

I don't know any Irish women going out with EE men. I'm sure there are a few out there but I don't know of any. I would put this down to Irish women not wanting to go out with a guy from a 'poorer' EE country. The guys generally tend to me a bit more rough around the edges/less preppy and this isn't the look Irish women go for.

Now, I also know quite a few Irish guys going out with EE women. Yes, a lot of them are very good looking but most (not all granted, but most) are dead sound, great fun to talk to and very decent and sincere. Probably their most endearing quality though, is that they're not the least bit bitchy or aggressive. I won't make any comparison to Irish women in that regards of course as I don't want to stir up a s**tstorm.

Irish women seem to think Irish men are driven into the arms of EE women because they're superficial and shallow. Nothing could be further from the truth. But hey, maybe I'm wrong about Irish women not going out with EE men because they're generally not high up enough on the social ladder! It's all subjective I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I know. Which is generally why I don't blabber on all day when in people's company. T'internets is a different story though. Everyone's such an arrogant, opinionated cock on-line that I feel it's necessary to be as a stuck up as possible. :D

I've heard of that alright, the online version of 'in vino veritas' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

i prefer foreign women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spudster101

Lets get the ball really rolling here.

IRISH WOMEN ARE ALL SO SUPERFICAL ASWELL!!!!!

:D

No seriously girls I have to say I love yis all. Think the problem might be is that Irish men and women are too alike thats all.

This is ireland, the land of opinionated people. We know were right even if theres indesputable evidence of being wrong. I love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

manTime wrote: »
    I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.
    At first I thought this was really odd, but I was prepared to put it down to one of those 'each to their own' type-situations.

...that was until I saw this.

Dude, if you're doing what I think you're doing, you need professional help. Big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

At first I thought this was really odd, but I was prepared to put it down to one of those 'each to their own' type-situations.

...that was until I saw this.

Dude, if you're doing what I think you're doing, you need professional help. Big time.

Come join the fun.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055205841

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Solitarius

You sound just as bad as those two wagons to be quite honest. So two lushs embarassed you slightl, no reason to say all Irish women are stuck up. Ive had plenty of irish men grope me and insult me but I don't believe you are all sexually inept gombeens.

I agree Lux23, some blokes (esp with drink) can be complete cavemen after midnight. I also think if you are SOBER in a pub of achohol fueled patrons, they can appear rude, curt, sloppy and so on. We have been all there at some point and witnessed both genders acting like complete spanners. Anyone every withnessed peoples table manners at 4am in Abrakababra:D

As a bloke I have to say I find chatting up ladies very imtimidating (to the point I dont bother anymore if there with a group of firends). From my OWN experience, particularly if a lady is with her firends (male/female) you feel like your before a firing squad breathing your last words before the lady gives the order to shoot or put a stay of execution for 5 more mins while she judges you further.

I am sure it is the same with ladies chatting up blokes (even harder if he is with his bloke mates who start patting him on the back and dropping crude one liners in while he and she are trying to have a char)..........Maybe its just me but i think if two people can have a chat away from their respective titalating friends they have a better chance of getting to know each other and see where it goes from there. Its easier to be yourself one to one than when been on tiral before her/his friends.

Happy New Year Boardies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Solitarius wrote: »
    I agree Lux23, some blokes (esp with drink) can be complete cavemen after midnight. I also think if you are SOBER in a pub of achohol fueled patrons, they can appear rude, curt, sloppy and so on. We have been all there at some point and witnessed both genders acting like complete spanners. Anyone every withnessed peoples table manners at 4am in Abrakababra:D

As a bloke I have to say I find chatting up ladies very imtimidating (to the point I dont bother anymore if there with a group of firends). From my OWN experience, particularly if a lady is with her firends (male/female) you feel like your before a firing squad breathing your last words before the lady gives the order to shoot or put a stay of execution for 5 more mins while she judges you further.

I am sure it is the same with ladies chatting up blokes (even harder if he is with his bloke mates who start patting him on the back and dropping crude one liners in while he and she are trying to have a char)..........Maybe its just me but i think if two people can have a chat away from their respective titalating friends they have a better chance of getting to know each other and see where it goes from there. Its easier to be yourself one to one than when been on tiral before her/his friends.

Happy New Year Boardies :o
    Of course men can be like cavemen after midnight.
    That's when the wimmin turn into crusty old hand maidens that smell like pumpkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I think you know what I meant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement