Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Well to be honest I think the whole confidence thing is taken a bit too far with some (I underlined some) Irish women. I dont care how hot ya are, ya eat, ya breath, ya sh**te, ya p**s just like me, well except for the p**sing part :D . I believe these type of women to be more likely than not extremely boring neways. Minding my own business last weekend in a busy bar buying a drink when a short blonde girl barged right in front of me. Must have been waiting 15 mins to be served. Seemingly I was hindering her mindless banter with her friends and told to get out of the way. Must confess, it was fun when I shoved her and her friends down the counter a bit and told her to have a little manners :D . In all fairness that behaviour is not acceptable. A rampant dog would be more civilized. Thats my bitter little tale and yes she was Irish and its only one case but iv experienced a lot more which were more subtle than that.

At the end of the day, Irish people in general have become more arrogant over the last few years since the economy has improved. More money + people who don't know how to handle it = an inflated sense of self-importance without anything of any real substance to back it up. The best thing about being successful and 'important' is being civilised and polite. A lot of people in this country could do with taking that on board. That goes for both men and women.

In men it tends to manifest itself in petty arrogance, walking around in a suit with ID badge hanging out, thinking that you're Donald Trump even though you only earn about 50k a year and general pi$$ed-up insolence and bad manners.

In women it exposes itself as bitchy, rude behaviour, grotesque arrogance masquerading as 'confidence', motor mouth syndrome, social aggression and insolence.

I know these sound like the rantings of a bitter old man but I'm not at all. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if other people don't know how to behave. I just think that a lot of young Irish people need to grow up. Men and women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

On Saturday night in town I had a pissed guy grope me at the bar. Later on the same evening a very drunk bloke grabbed his genitals as I walked past and leered right in my face.
    Waiting for a taxi to get home, two guys started roaring 'chat-up lines' across the road at my friend and I.

All were Irish. All were pissed and really annoying.

Thankfully not all Irish guys are the same. I've been with my Irish man for years and love his uniquely Irish sense of humour, his lack of vanity, his intelligence and the fact that we 'get' each other.

Not all Irish women are the same either and if you believe they are, yizzer more than welcome to take your lurve to our foreign sistas.

There's no muffin going on here, and as I earn more than my other half, I more than pay my way.
    Nice post, but you gave yourself away on the very last line!

davyjose wrote: »
    Nice post, but you gave yourself away on the very last line!

Gave what away? The washboard stomach? The fact that I don't wait for my man to pay the bills/taxis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

manTime wrote: »
    Its a predijuce I face on a daily basis im getting sick of it, people judge me in spite of the fact I buy from st. Vincents so the money goes to charity which is supposed to be a good thing no?

If you want to collecet kids shoes then you do that. But It wouldnt just be Irish women who would raise an eyebrow at this.In fact I think you would find Irish women to be far more accepting of this then Irish men
    Reg'stoy wrote: »

Let's look at the case for the prosecution,
    Irish women and fashion
    One word, midriff as in muffin rolls, case proven your honor..

You obviously havent been to the States/UK?
    manTime wrote: »
    Alchol.Now as a male I know my gender fails when it comes to this subject, yet for some strange reason Irish women try to out do us in the sheer amount consumed in as short a time as possible..

I guess this is more an insecurtiy thing more then anything. Read this thread for example,.....Irish women are ugly....Irish women are dog rough with no personalitys compared to every other country in the world...Irish women cant compete with all the hot gorgeous polish/Russian etc birds out there....Is it no supprise with this amount of pressure that Irish women must turn to alchol to try and hide their insecurities and try and feel a bit better about themselves?
    And talk about double standards,Irish males hardly have a gleaming record when it comes to binge drinking and alchol abuse.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Now before the hopping off me begins ladies, prove me wrong. How many of ye do venture to that far off place called the bar or use your credit card to pay for anything other than something for yourself and why oh why am I made to feel like I'm belittling ye when I hold open a door or offer a seat on the bus.

I think youll find that almost all women pay their own way. I dont know what sort of girls you've been dating?!I am not being rude but I dont know many Eastern European women with credit cards.
    Stop pitching Irish women and non nationals against each other. Its pathetic and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You are not in a position to judge as you yourself are implying that you are better than the rest of us males. Your not.

BTW: The main problem with this argument is that both Irish men and woman are relatively sheltered. We are an island nation with only moaney hole England to talk too. Now what about France, Italy all the central European countries? They had lots of other different girls and boys to play doctor with.

Please point out the part where I implied I was better than the rest of you males. I stated that several of the men in this particular thread have very high opinions of themselves when it comes to Irish women and that's apparent from what they posted themselves.

I don't see myself as better than anyone, and I can't figure out how people can make such sweeping generalisations about half the population based on individual experience/anecdotes and believe them to be true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

The majority of Irish girls no doubt feel threatened by the amount of extremely beautiful eastern European girls that have recently landed on our shores. What immigrants lack in personality they certainly make up for in sheer sexy good looks and femininity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    b- Czechs are hot and proportionately more good looking than ours

Fixed that there for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Raekwon wrote: »
    Fixed that there for ya ;)

Isnt your bird Slovak? You would want to read up on your ice hockey rivalry son :p

As someone previously said in the thread, body wise, yeah, probably better figures. Face/hair wise, meh, maybe slightly better, but not by any massive margin despite what I had been led to believe before heading.

One thing me and the lads found odd about Czech Republic (well, Prague city centre anyway) was that there are next to no children* there, what gives :confused:

*: paedo jokes are overuled by "yore ma" times 53 billion ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One thing me and the lads found odd about Czech Republic (well, Prague city centre anyway) was that there are next to no children* there, what gives :confused:

Well, he's from Vulgaria, which isnt far from there.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

elambra wrote: »

Now normally I wouldn't care about things like this but I was sober, and I am just home for christmas, having lived abroad for the last 3.5 years, and I find that, whilst the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited, they are the most stuck up and just think they are god's gift to the world when in fact a large amount of them are just unattractive (physically and personally) moany holes obsessed with british celebrities and food..

Have to say that made me laugh! fair play, it's so true, i live abroad too! Most Irish girls are nice though. but yeah its really just the ones you meet out and about in town at night that are pretty deluded individuals. They just get far too much attention from spa's and sleazy foreigners, that gives them big-heads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Laslo wrote: »
    At the end of the day, Irish people in general have become more arrogant over the last few years since the economy has improved. More money + people who don't know how to handle it = an inflated sense of self-importance without anything of any real substance to back it up.
    Well you know what they say, if you've got it, flaunt it; if you haven't got it, flaunt it even more! :D It does kind of remind me of people who hire limousines for a night and hang out the windows bawling at everyone they see, out of some messed up idea that poor people have of how the rich live.

On the whole, some women are nice, some women aren't, some men are nice, some aren't, same as yesterday, same as tomorrow. If you don't like them keep away from them, eventually they'll get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Sober people dont enjoy being around merry drunk people. I certainly dont. Two drunken merry people will get along like a house on fire.

Is that because you actually cant relate to anyone when youre sober?

Its sad that you feel that someone needs to be as equally drunk in order to actually enjoy your company.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

as I earn more than my other half, I more than pay my way.

QED proves the point of this whole thread, as with lot of Irish women a good salary is the cornerstone of a good relationship, why else mention it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Oh no, we don't all drink like fish?! :rolleyes:

I hate that atttitude of a lot of people I know, just because I don't always wanna go out and get pished there must be something wrong with me!

I find the whole debate about Irish women hilarious.

I can only speak from my own experience as an average Irish girl, not in the least bit full of myself...

Most Irish girls I know are spoiled little b1tches, especially around my age!
    None of them are stunning, they either make little or no effort (like myself) or they feel the need to trowel on the makeup and have the fake tan, fake nails, fake hair, fake everything look!
    A lot of us are unfit, crap diet and not exercising.
    I can safely say I don't have a mufifn top though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

everyone on the emerald isle thinks they are gods gift.

thats why we have called it the 'emerald' isle in the first place. the emerald implies that we are not of the same ilk as the rest of the world and landed from heaven or something. everyone is right and we all have this high handed impression that there is a proper way to act, a thinly veiled level which we should all be trying to reach and for those of us who believe we are closer to the bar then the rest of the paupers - it is our duty to look down our noses and deride these less fortunates...

to sum up, im basically saying that the irish are the most stuck up ppl on the planet :p

Is that because you actually cant relate to anyone when youre sober?

Its sad that you feel that someone needs to be as equally drunk in order to actually enjoy your company.

:confused:

re the first point, no. However, like mos Irish people I like to get pissed at the weekend. This may prove to be a pain in the arse for light drinkers in your company, but its how we have done it for hundreds of years and I see no reason we should stop just because a small miniroty of drinkers get violent and fill up the A&E.

If Im sober I dont enjoy the company of drunks. They are talking sh1te, slurring words, telling you your the best etc etc etc. I used to work a late evening shift, and whenever a work do would be on Id arrive in around 11:30. Id have to hit the shots or doubles straight away just to tolerate the bollix people were talking. When you are also drunk and participatiting in a similiar manner it is alot more tolerable.

Isnt your bird Slovak? You would want to read up on your ice hockey rivalry son :p

Nope, my bird is actually Czech (my best mate is engaged to a Slovak). Yeah they certainly like their ice hockey in that part of the world, I'd actually go as far to say that it is the number one sport over there (with football a close second). Btw the Czech's always murder the Slovak's in hockey, football, beer brewing........you name it, they do it better north of the boarder ;)

As for you thinking that Czech women look similar to Irish women, I (surprisingly) beg to differ. The amount of Czech model's alone should be a dead giveaway to their superiority in the looks department. They also win hands-down when it comes to personality. Come to think of it, there is really no contest.

Nope, my bird is actually Czech (my best mate is engaged to a Slovak). Yeah they certainly like their ice hockey in that part of the world, I'd actually go as far to say that it is the number one sport over there (with football a close second). Btw the Czech's always murder the Slovak's in hockey, football, beer brewing........you name it, they do it better north of the boarder ;)

As for you thinking that Czech women look similar to Irish women, I (surprisingly) beg to differ. The amount of Czech model's alone should be a dead giveaway to their superiority in the looks department. They also win hands-down when it comes to personality. Come to think of it, there is really no contest.

Ah, pardon for that one :p No though, wasnt saying Czech women look similiar to Irish, just that looks wise they may only slightly be infront, whereas the Slovaks simply run away with the contest. As for famous Czech/Slovak models, there seems to be a different quality barometer in the fashion world. They like EE models to be the man on the streets image of beautiful (Adriana Karembu, Petra Nemcova, Eva Herzigova (SP for all of those :rolleyes: ). In England and the US many of them are either ok but a bit plain (Kate Moss) or, in the case of Lily Cole, downright rough. Models in Ireland dont even seem to attempt to make it big internationally. They can earn 500 a day standing on O`Connell Street in a bikini promoting x or ys latest promotion and getting their photo in the indo, its as if they are comfortable where they are so why bother trying to penetrate the international market. Whereas in EE, I doub domestic models get paid a huge amount, which is why everyone aims for the bigger international scene.

As for beer brewing, its a bizarre contrast that two countries bordering each other with a common history and a near identical language have such different attitudes. Czechs can sink as much beer as we can, and everywhere you look people are walking down the street drinking cans. In Prague there is a beer kiosk on the main streets maybe every 40 ft! Slovaks drink, but not nearly as much., and street drinking really isnt their thing.

Ah, pardon for that one No though, wasnt saying Czech women look similiar to Irish, just that looks wise they may only slightly be infront, whereas the Slovaks simply run away with the contest. As for famous Czech/Slovak models, there seems to be a different quality barometer in the fashion world. They like EE models to be the man on the streets image of beautiful (Adriana Karembu, Petra Nemcova, Eva Herzigova (SP for all of those ). In England and the US many of them are either ok but a bit plain (Kate Moss) or, in the case of Lily Cole, downright rough. Models in Ireland dont even seem to attempt to make it big internationally. They can earn 500 a day standing on O`Connell Street in a bikini promoting x or ys latest promotion and getting their photo in the indo, its as if they are comfortable where they are so why bother trying to penetrate the international market. Whereas in EE, I doub domestic models get paid a huge amount, which is why everyone aims for the bigger international scene.

As for beer brewing, its a bizarre contrast that two countries bordering each other with a common history and a near identical language have such different attitudes. Czechs can sink as much beer as we can, and everywhere you look people are walking down the street drinking cans. In Prague there is a beer kiosk on the main streets maybe every 40 ft! Slovaks drink, but not nearly as much., and street drinking really isnt their thing.

No problem, you were close enough in fairness ;) Czechs & Slovaks share the same gene pool anyway so they would be extremely similar looking for the most part. The only way to distinguish between the two is from their language and you would need a very well trained ear to be able to do that. As for the models, I think comparing Irish models to Czech models is like comparing Aston Martin's to Ford Fiesta's. I cannot think of any Irish models aside from Glenda Gilson & Andrea Roche and they wouldn't really be International class anyway. It's true that Czech models go more for international work but there is a huge international demand for them because they are tall, slim and have stunning features. Plus if you look around at the billboards in Prague all you will see are photos of Petra Nemcova selling everything from jewellery to laptops so the money seems to be just as good (if not better) in EE as it is here.

I agree with you about the beer situation though. Czech Republic have lovely beers like Pilsner Urquell, Gambrinus, Staropramen, Budvar (Budweiser), but to name a few, and all Slovakia has to show for itself is the foul tasting Zlaty Bazant :confused: Like you said, it really is a bizarre contrast between the two countries. But then again Czech's consume the most alcohol in the world (per capita) so I guess they feel the need for such a quality assortment of beer to keep themselves happy. Fair play to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Too many Irish girls seem to want to be mini Miriam O'Callaghan's, they end up looking like their make-up is trowelled on and that they would spend every penny you had if they got half a chance.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's far too much credence here to the idea of a woman's drinking ability being part of her attractiveness. It doesn't reflect well on us as a nation.

It doesn't matter where a woman is from as long as she conducts herself with dignity and grace and respects herself and those around her. You can do this with alcohol in you or not. Unfortunately most girls you see on the street at 1 am in the morning rolling out of nightclubs don't conduct themselves with any dignity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Unfortunately most girls you see on the street at 1 am in the morning rolling out of nightclubs don't conduct themselves with any dignity.

Yeah...but that's the behaviour that to some people makes Irish girls greater 'craic' than their foreign counterparts :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

dudara wrote: »
    Unfortunately most girls you see on the street at 1 am in the morning rolling out of nightclubs don't conduct themselves with any dignity.

Neither do many of the men. It's not exclusive to gender.

mickd wrote: »
    QED proves the point of this whole thread, as with lot of Irish women a good salary is the cornerstone of a good relationship, why else mention it?

I genuinely don't understand what you mean by that.

Salary isn't in the same league as kindness, intelligence and sincerity when it comes to relationships.

I made the point that I earn more than my man to refute previous claims that all Irish women are out to bag a bloke with money.
    I have my own money, my own house and I'm not the only Irish women who isn't financially dependent on her man.

If we're talking purely physical here, well in general, French, Italian, Spanish, American, Czech, Russian and Aussie men would be far more attractive than Irish men.

A lot of Irish women are lazy sods, I agree but a lot of Irish men are too.
    I'm just speaking up for the physically fit, healthy Irish women who don't fit the stereotype perpetrated on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I genuinely don't understand what you mean by that.

He means that by mentioning the fact that you have a decent salary and hence don't rely on his as much as other Irish females might on their OH or potential OH, that you are in fact hitting home the point that salary/money is an important part of the relationship.

...and of course money is an important part...it would be naive and somewhat idealistic to think otherwise. But it is only a part; I think the reason this topic came up at all is the apparent view by Irish men that Irish women, especially in our modern age are only out for what they can get; a view that Irish women don't do a lot to dispell in my own experience. Not just Irish women though, in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Laslo wrote: »
    Neither do many of the men. It's not exclusive to gender.

True, I stand corrected there.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Wertz wrote: »
    He means that by mentioning the fact that
    ...a Not just Irish women though, in fairness...
    Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

but its how we have done it for hundreds of years and I see no reason we should stop just because a small miniroty of drinkers get violent and fill up the A&E.

Oh well then, sure if its tradition, then its good eh?

If Im sober I dont enjoy the company of drunks.

And people dontlike talking to you when youre sober. I can se your quandry all right. Quite the pickle.
    They are talking sh1te, slurring words, telling you your the best etc etc etc. I used to work a late evening shift, and whenever a work do would be on Id arrive in around 11:30. Id have to hit the shots or doubles straight away just to tolerate the bollix people were talking. When you are also drunk and participatiting in a similiar manner it is alot more tolerable.

If you stopped hanging around with other ****, it probably wouldnt seem so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Plus if you look around at the billboards in Prague all you will see are photos of Petra Nemcova selling everything from jewellery to laptops so the money seems to be just as good (if not better) in EE as it is here.

When I was there i half suspected there was something in Czech law that stated every ad for pretty much any product should have either Petra Nemcova or Petr Cech promoting it :D Honestly, Petra was on a poster every few feet (not that anyone is objecting, although I did nearly get hit by a tram while lookin at a poster and walking :eek: ) and Petr Cech advertised any product directed at a male audience.

Never actually heard of the bird before I went. She is on some laptop ad over here now, and they show her face for a grand total of 3 odd seconds, wtf :confused: Why they dont show her properly for the full 40 odd seconds is iditic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Didn't read the replies, but OP is describing a prevalent sub-section of Irish women which does not exist (or certainly is not as popular) in other countries.

IMO not all Irish women are like this, of course, but there is a certain group of them who are just so snobbish you want to slap them on the side of their heads.

I'm sure even the women of boards can attest to having some mates who, while being incredibly, odiously ugly(inside and out), still manage to have an incredibly high opinion of themselves.

I have some male friends who are cocky too, but not to such a degree (mostly because if they were, they'd be beaten three times to Sunday).

In appearance in general I've always liked Irish women though....thats more of a personal thing though....pale is far sexier than tanned, pale with red hair and you're mine ! (Take note :p)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement