Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options
  • 23-12-2007 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

...yet another case of it last night, walking up the stairs of a certain bar in town and two slightly lower than average Irish girls (the types who are from the countryside and act lke real 'aul ones, gossiping etc. you know the type) are in front of me, one of them says to the other 'oh I love your dress' then turns around to me and said 'isn't her dress lovely?' I said 'yes it is' smiling, just to please them by saying something. I wasn't at all concentrating on looking at them, I just wanted to get back upstairs to my gf and her mates. As they were walking at a slower pace than me it ended up that I started to walk in between them. The one with the 'lovely dress' turns to say to the other one 'check out the little red bits on it' and ends up saying it to me by accident, so naturally I say 'what?' and she gives me a condecending look and lightly pushes me and says 'no you go on..' as if I had stopped to chat her up or something. The cheek of her I just wanted to say to her 'sorry love I wouldn't go near you I thought you were talking to me as you actually spoke in my direction'

Now normally I wouldn't care about things like this but I was sober, and I am just home for christmas, having lived abroad for the last 3.5 years, and I find that, whilst the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited, they are the most stuck up and just think they are god's gift to the world when in fact a large amount of them are just unattractive (physically and personally) moany holes obsessed with british celebrities and food..

Anyway, that's my rant over with, let me know your relavite opinion, and have a good christmas :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

They won't like this one! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

zero19 wrote: »
    They won't like this one! lol

True though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

elambra wrote: »
    I find that, whilst the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited
    "Low" in what sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Dudess wrote: »
    "Low" in what sense?

The dress, the dress silly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Another one of these stupid threads that uses one incident to generalise all Irish women. :rolleyes:
    elambra wrote:
    sorry love I wouldn't go near you
    This actually makes you sound very up yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What made you think she thought she was hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

two slightly lower than average Irish girls
    and act lke real 'aul ones, gossiping etc. you know the type) 'sorry love I wouldn't go near you
    the standard of Irish women is very very low compared to nearly every country I have visited,
    a large amount of them are just unattractive (physically and personally) moany holes obsessed with british celebrities and food..

Wheras Irish men are so kindly,lovely and considerate just like you. Your right,really us unattractive, moany holes should count oursleves lucky for every moment we are graced with an Irish males truly charming presence :rolleyes:
    I will go back to my heat magazine and finish eating my Toad in hole now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Whatever about a shoe collection but a kids one.... yes that is weird :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

manTime wrote: »
    I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 year and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie but Irish women when they find out judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Just Irish women?What do your Irish male friends think of your kids shoe collection?Im sure there would be some very un open minded Irish men wwho would judge you for that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Agreed that you sound seriously stuck up yourself, she never said she thought she was all that...take a look in the mirror 'love'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

irish wimmenz missing the fry and laurie reference there cos they're uncultured, salad dodging, munters

Or at least thats what some people would have you believe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

This is the second thread I've seen on boards.ie specifically started to bitch about Irish women. Sexism and racism all in one!

All the women I know are decent, polite and modest. Yeah yeah we all know foreign fields are greener, and far away cows have longer horns..etc..whatever.. The OP's rant says more about his social life than it does about Irish women. It all depends on where you go and what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

You sound just as bad as those two wagons to be quite honest. So two lushs embarassed you slightl, no reason to say all Irish women are stuck up. Ive had plenty of irish men grope me and insult me but I don't believe you are all sexually inept gombeens.

Cathooo wrote: »
    Agreed that you sound seriously stuck up yourself, she never said she thought she was all that...take a look in the mirror 'love'

I suppose anyone who has "dublin/london/germany" in his location has issues.......... God all this wimmin bashing.... and it christmas an' all :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I know what you mean I lived in vietnam and thailand for about 3 years and my lifestyle never batted an eyelid - back in Ireland i keep a shoe collection as a hobbie, but Irish women! when they find out they judge and call me a wierdo just because I happen to only collect childrens shoes.

Haha, that's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

nij wrote: »

Yeah yeah we all know foreign fields are greener, and far away cows have longer horns..etc..whatever..

the burds are better looking and all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manTime

panda100 wrote: »
    Just Irish women?What do your Irish male friends think of your kids shoe collection?Im sure there would be some very un open minded Irish men wwho would judge you for that too.

Its a predijuce I face on a daily basis im getting sick of it, people judge me in spite of the fact I buy from st. Vincents so the money goes to charity which is supposed to be a good thing no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

lol.

Anyway, this is just another "oh hai guys I had an embarrassing moment the other night and it's been playing on my mind since it happened and I just feel I need to express it to someone to ensure that this seemingly irrational feeling I'm having is valid and normal, so I'm going to do it online under the guise of a casual complaint" thread.

It's a psychological trait I see quite often actually. Something really small and insignificant, but a bit embarrassing happens to someone, usually a guy and usually involving a woman, and the guy for some reason feels like he has to tell to everyone about it and dismiss it as "typical Irish women" or something, desperately hoping that others will agree with him to make him feel better. Quite an obvious indication of insecurity tbh.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, it's not usually a guy at all, women do it all the time also, bitching about men being useless and the cause of all life's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

nij wrote: »
    This is the second thread I've seen on boards.ie specifically started to bitch about Irish women. Sexism and racism all in one!

Racism??? oh come on.

• Advertisement

Its a predijuce I face on a daily basis im getting sick of it, people judge me in spite of the fact I buy from st. Vincents so the money goes to charity which is supposed to be a good thing no?

Please, not the "I support charity" argument. Please :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Baby shoes or kid shoes? I could see the cute factor of baby shoes but older kids' shoes, no. This is most intruiging, anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

...let me know your relavite opinion...

I find relavite very good. It's probably the hardest substance known to man (or woman). It has equal amounts of lead, arsenic and sulphur.

Chemical formula PbAsS

I take it before breakfast and supper and 3 times while posting on boards. You can also mix it with your dogfood (if you eat dogfood).

All good bookstores don't stock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 John_flood73

for sure it wasent a nice remark and I would say she prob said it to give herself some sort of ego boost in front of her friend!! anyway while I too have met these types, I have to say that in general Irish girls are pretty down to earth and are better craic than foreign girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

All shoe related replies are to go to this thread...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54721360#post54721360 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

OP, you are lacking in charm. If you were truly the suave sophisticated gent you believe yourself to be, you would have come up with some witty quip that would have mometarily silenced the two and gone back victoriously to your buddies. You have to learn to handle annoying Biddies without getting all flustered and upset about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Well OP my opinion is that you think you deserve special treatment because you've been abroad for 3.5 years. People won't know you're fantastically well rounded due to your travels unless you wear a sign saying so. Or another way to show you're fantastically well rounded is to actually realise that maybe those girls were trying to have a bit of banter with you, something which unfortunately went right over your well travelled head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

I feel really sorry for the OP. The father of a friend died yesterday and my other friend's mom is in hospital for Christmas suffering from cancer... and now this happens!!! Christmas is definitely canceled this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

simu wrote: »
    OP, you are lacking in charm. If you were truly the suave sophisticated gent you believe yourself to be, you would have come up with some witty quip that would have mometarily silenced the two and gone back victoriously to your buddies. You have to learn to handle annoying Biddies without getting all flustered and upset about it.

Looking back I think that's where my bitterrness arose from, I didn't come up with anything witty in time :)

I've calmed down now and I know I shouldn't have generalised, I'm pretty new and I wanted to post my first controversial post - boy did it work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

"i would nt ride you for practise"

Always have that ready. Ah so what just forget about it buddy im sure that wimmin crys herself to sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement