Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck Up Irish women who think they are hot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I fully support this rant ... ugly Irish women should realise that they are ugly, they should feel bad about being ugly, and they should be grateful if an Irish boy talks to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Wicknight wrote: »
    I fully support this rant ... ugly Irish women should realise that they are ugly, they should feel bad about being ugly, and they should be grateful if an Irish boy talks to them.

And also, make us sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Wicknight wrote: »

Hmmm. Personally I think the point that should be noted is that Irish women (and men) should exercise social skills by being friendly and courteous to each other unless they have a very good reason to do otherwise. I think Jeebus' point about ugly women being arrogant and rude stands for attractive women also. It doesn't matter what the fcuk you look like, If you're a insolent b1tch or an arrogant d1ckhead then you're an ugly person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Laslo wrote: »
    Hmmm. Personally I think the point that should be noted is that Irish women (and men) should exercise social skills by being friendly and courteous to each other unless they have a very good reason to do otherwise.

Well personally I think the point should be that the male members of Boards.ie (which includes myself) should really try and go 5 minutes without another rant on After Hours along the lines of some random woman said something that upset me in a night club so I've now decided to hate all Irish women because it really makes us all look like 12 year olds.

The logic behind these (increasingly common posts) is quite brilliant in its simplicity :- I've met a few foreign women, none of them have been mean to me. I've met tons of Irish women, some of them have been mean to me. Therefore Irish women suck, foreign women are nice.

But I suppose it is Christmas, a time for giving, so we can have a few more of these rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

People misjudging their own attractiveness is always hilarious.

Leads to ridiculous clothing, impoliteness, being easy to make up for not actually being attractive, etc.

For both sexes.

They should learn to hug the wall and stare at the beer like the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Wibbs wrote: »
    I have to say Americans can be as bad if not worse.....

Ahem. This I believe really is a cultural difference. It is "normal" in the US for the guy to pick up the tab, whether for a couple of ice creams or a full meal. Perhaps its because in general meals are cheaper in the US. This had been a huge bone of contention with me at one point when dating an irish man.I felt quite disturbed by him not picking up the tab so I took a survey and asked 15 men [Americans] what they thought of a man who does not pick up the tab. The responses ranged from scumbag, bottom of the barrell, low life, ****back, lowest of the low, dump him, etc. So I took it as a huge sign of disrespect and didnt take the relationship as seriously as I might have and ended up disrespecting the relationship itself.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    I'm with your friend on this one. For a myriad of reasons I haven't gone near an Irish woman in nearly 8 years. I have found a certain harshness in them. A certain, "the world owes me something", "daddies little princess" syndrome. While it's present in other cultures, it's seems more prevalent here. Every single one of my mates who has gone elsewhere has never gone back. Which is all good, as the Irish women wouldn't have a bar of us anyway.:D In any case it's better for the gene pool if Irish men and women avoid each other. All that said, two of the sweetest women I know are Irish so........

From a foreigners perspective, I find Irish women a little brittle, like the need management. Also they are either totally subservient or complete overbearing controlling pains in the asses.

I find the men well... not very woman friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

From a foreigners perspective, I find Irish women a little brittle, like the need management. Also they are either totally subservient or complete overbearing controlling pains in the asses.

Needy women are generally control freaks so whether they're needy or overbearing you're effectively saying Irish women are control freaks. As much as I hate to agree with you - I do. Nearly every Irish woman I know is a control freak, sadly. Although Irish women do have some great qualities that make up for it! (not that we should be generalising, of course :D)

Could you elaborate on that? I'd be interested to know why you feel that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Laslo wrote: »
    At the end of the day, Irish people in general have become more arrogant over the last few years since the economy has improved. More money + people who don't know how to handle it = an inflated sense of self-importance without anything of any real substance to back it up. The best thing about being successful and 'important' is being civilised and polite. A lot of people in this country could do with taking that on board. That goes for both men and women.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Ahem. This I believe really is a cultural difference. It is "normal" in the US for the guy to pick up the tab, whether for a couple of ice creams or a full meal. Perhaps its because in general meals are cheaper in the US. This had been a huge bone of contention with me at one point when dating an irish man.I felt quite disturbed by him not picking up the tab so I took a survey and asked 15 men [Americans] what they thought of a man who does not pick up the tab. The responses ranged from scumbag, bottom of the barrell, low life, ****back, lowest of the low, dump him, etc. So I took it as a huge sign of disrespect and didnt take the relationship as seriously as I might have and ended up disrespecting the relationship itself.

Did you happen to live in Texas?
    I live in Boston now. The norm is that the girl buys her share of drink, food while on dates. This is if they're both around the same salary. It seems to have been that way for a while and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Equal rights my arse!

You obviously haven't met any of the fine men of Boards. To quote one example. Pig Man is a whole different breed.

• Advertisement

You should move to NYC. What your talking about goes on in college. Once people are earning it changes.

American womanhood was forged by prostitutes on the frontier; it isn't surprising that men are willing to pay for your attention today.
    I personally find that expectancy that you can be bought degrading and very unappealing.

I would also like you to elaborate on your points. I don't comphrend this sentance

"I find Irish women a little brittle, like the need management"

Also examples of what mes you think Irish women are subserviant.
    We have a culture of balls of steel Mamie Overlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

I'm dating a british girl, pretty cute and has an adorable voice. Seeing as looks fade in time anyway voice ftw and I'm sick of mid louth dis dat and de udder girls who cannot speak properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Spyral wrote: »
    and I'm sick of mid louth dis dat and de udder girls who cannot speak properly.

lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

This had been a huge bone of contention with me at one point when dating an irish man.I felt quite disturbed by him not picking up the tab so I took a survey and asked 15 men [Americans] what they thought of a man who does not pick up the tab.

You took a survey :rolleyes: Your whole post puts Irish women into perspective. Cheers for that :)

I'm getting really sick of people eradicating all interest out of hiberno-english by assuming a southern california twang.
    We'll be having a bring back de udder cultural movement next.

Raekwon wrote: »
    You took a survey :rolleyes: Your whole post puts Irish women into perspective. Cheers for that :)

Is she not an Americano?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Is she not an Americano?

Yeah she is (as far as I can tell). My point was, no matter how bad we think Irish girls are........it could be alot worse ;)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm getting really sick of people eradicating all interest out of hiberno-english by assuming a southern california twang.
    We'll be having a bring back de udder cultural movement next.

Nah it's only pretentious idiots who do the whole So-Cal, high rising terminal thing. Take a lot more than those wannabes to do away with our myriad of culchie and townie accents...
    At least like oh my god, I like sooo hope so?

I've heard it, the exact same non-accent in every backwater in the republic. It is of epidemic proportions.

• Advertisement

Aye you're probably right....but when people plonk their kids down in front of the TV from age 2 and leave them to the mercy of daytime telly, and mainly US-oriented kids' TV shows then throw them all into a big room together, what can you really expect?
    The evils of the mid-atlantic accent are already entrenched.

Anyway, way OT....yeah stuck up Irish wimminz; what's up with that?

Moonbaby wrote: »
    American womanhood was forged by prostitutes on the frontier; it isn't surprising that men are willing to pay for your attention today.
    I personally find that expectancy that you can be bought degrading and very unappealing.

I would also like you to elaborate on your points. I don't comphrend this sentance

"I find Irish women a little brittle, like the need management"

Also examples of what mes you think Irish women are subserviant.
    We have a culture of balls of steel Mamie Overlords.

Thats not what they are doing. They are acknowledging a courtship. Your post says alot about you and your attitude to women, both Irish and American women. No one should take it personally thought. You probably hate everybody.

Thats not what they are doing. They are acknowledging a courtship. Your post says alot about you and your attitude to women, both Irish and American women. No one should take it personally thought. You probably hate everybody.

You have money too why not pay?

It's customary. Its a way of acknowledging that you are not just **** buddies or flatmates, that it is a courtship.

You have money too why not pay?

What, when some other sucker is willing to put his hand in his pocket?
    Would you?
    Hell, I'm thinking of going for a sex change and putting an american twang to my accent on the basis of the last two pages of this thread alone...
    I'll never have to go hungry again and those silly drinks bills will be ancient history!

[edit] Seriously though metrovelvet, I'm intrigued; at what point during the relationship is it "payback time"? I mean I can understand this sort of practice amongst settled or married couples, like having a joint mortgage or bank account....but at the point of the beginning (ie maybe the first few months in a relationship) shouldn't going dutch be the norm unless one or other in the reltionship is substantially poorer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

I have not dated an Irish girl since I left college....5 years ago. Some are good craic alright, the decent looking ones seem to know it and won't be content you feel until Colin Farell/some guy from Westlife discovers them and falls madly in love.
    I have been out with French/Spanish/American/Polish/Australian girls and even the best looking ones have not been up themselves. Yet everytime I come back here it's always the same story. I find it easier chatting up foreign girls rather than Irish girls.
    Why is that? Does anyone feel the same or have the same experiences? I've dated some gorgeous foreign girls yet if those same girls were Irish they would not give me the time of day, never mind tell me be on my way.

American women who have their own money would not be bothered dining with assholes for a free meal when they can pay for their own meal.

What is wrong with you people?

And it's not forever, its just in the beginning.

American women who have their own money would not be bothered dining with assholes for a free meal when they can pay for their own meal.

And it's not forever, its just in the beginning.

Whats wrong with you? Pay your half if you have the cash!

Touché

I think you said it best back up the thread about it being a cultural thing although IME, women I went out with in the US weren't like that. One even took mild offence to me wanting to pay for stuff....am I now to find out that they were in fact not considering our blossoming relationship as a "courtship"?
    Just as well I suppose, neither was I...

• Advertisement

How long ago were you in the US?

Nowadays with **** buddies, casual sex etc, etc its the last bastion of knowing where you stand. Bear in mind also that we have been living in a conservative age. The next election could change all this.

And its not "stuff" - its just meals really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement