Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I might buy a 720 hmm. The graphics card alone costs nearly as much as the full price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I might buy a 720 hmm. The graphics card alone costs nearly as much as the full price...

There a great price especially the 710,but the recent release of the 8800gt for 280 euro or so makes the 8800gtx worth much less than the 500 euro its going for in all the online shops...The 8800gt is 5% slower but half its price,I can see the 8800gtx drop to 350 in the next few weeks....

Still a bargain as building a similar spec/built pc on those german sites will cost you way more....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It is a dual one in the 720 yeah? Aren't they like 900e?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yep dual gtx's are in the 720.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

If you look at the pictures of the 720 H2c systems on the dell.ie site, they show theem fitted with a Bluray dvd drive. It's a big longshot, but are these going to be in the ones we've bought?

Be real nice if they were!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Nah the 720 has been going for between 1400 and 1800 or so, i got one for 1450 :rolleyes:

If you look at the pictures of the 720 H2c systems on the dell.ie site, they show theem fitted with a Bluray dvd drive. It's a big longshot, but are these goning to be in the ones we've bought?

No, I wish !

This is what is says on the order order acknowledgement i got for my 720, no blu ray there but one dvd-writer and one dvd-reader.

Dim XPS 720 H2C Core 2 Quad-Core Prsr 2.66GHz - - DVD+/-RW (read/write) - -
    MOD,DVD-ROM (Reader) 16X IDE - - 500GB HD Serial ATA2 (7200 Rpm) - - 2 x 160GB HD
    Serial ATA non Raid (10000 Rpm) - - No Monitor Mod - - Floppy Drive Not included - - Dell
    Quietkey Black Keyboard - - English - XPS 720 H2C System Docs (UK power cord) - - Dell
    Welcome and Customisation centre - - English - Adobe Reader 8.5.8 - - Mouse Dell Wheel USB
    2 Button Scroll Black - - Dimension Resource DVD for Vista Drivers - - Vista OnLine Getting
    Started Guide (WW - - Roxio Vista - Creator / MYDVD 9.0 - - Image Restore - Vista - - 2GB MB
    Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz [2x1GB] - - No Modem - - English - Microsoft Works 8 - - No
    Speaker Option - - Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme - - Graphics Dual 768MB NVidia
    GeForce 8800 GTX - - 128MB Ageia PhysX PCI Card - - English Windows Vista Home Premium
    - - English - Vista Home Premium

Nah the 720 has been going for between 1400 and 1800 or so, i got one for 1450 :rolleyes:

I'm talking about the price of the graphics card alone.
    The 710 has a single and the 720 a double, big difference.

Yes..

They cost 900,but you can get 2 8800gt's for just over 500 and they will only be 8% slower ....

Its still incredible value,but the 8800gt's puts a dampner on them for me...

I bought a 710 last week for 914e,should arrive tomo:D

I can't live with 8% slower, lol

• Advertisement

If you look at the pictures of the 720 H2c systems on the dell.ie site, they show theem fitted with a Bluray dvd drive. It's a big longshot, but are these going to be in the ones we've bought?

:D

Would serve ous cheap skates that got the 710 right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    There a great price especially the 710,but the recent release of the 8800gt for 280 euro or so makes the 8800gtx worth much less than the 500 euro its going for in all the online shops...The 8800gt is 5% slower but half its price,I can see the 8800gtx drop to 350 in the next few weeks....

Still a bargain as building a similar spec/built pc on those german sites will cost you way more....

agreed 710 seems better value, you can buy a 710 and a top class 22in monitor,replace the ram with 4 gigs of pc6400 and still have money left over for a few nites on the town, compared the price of just the 720 on its own.

cant imagine the the dual gtx's wont make that much of a difference unless your planning on using a 42in monitor!

Cough, two 42 inch monitors.

:eek:

Crysis?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Then you'd be better off with the 710. You can't use 2 monitors with sli. :cool:

No, You can't.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Ardent wrote: »
    You shouldn't need another graphics card. I have an nVidia 6800 GT card with dual dvi outputs (same outputs as the 8800 GTX in the Dell 710) and the nVidia drivers allow me run a dual monitor/extended desktop setup with Windows XP.
    Thanks for that. I'll get two 22" with DVI inputs
    You can't use dual screens with sli. So if you get another card, you won't be able to use 2 monitors.
    ????????????????????????????????
    Then you'd be better off with the 710. You can't use 2 monitors with sli. :cool:
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

dathi1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll get two 22" with DVI inputs

????????????????????????????????

:confused:

Each card has two DVI ports on it, so you can connect two monitors. Most people who put two 8800GTXs into a machine do it because they want to run in SLI, which is where the cards share the workload for a single monitor giving a speed increase. If you're running in SLI you can only use one monitor. The 710s come with one card, the 720s come with two.

Anyone got a detailed status on your delivery yet ?

Just checked the status, Mines been like this since Monday...

Your order is in production as of 29/10/2007

• Advertisement

Anyone find anymore good deals on the 2407WFP? Looking to buy one soon to go with the system.

Anyone find anymore good deals on the 2407WFP? Looking to buy one soon to go with the system.

Add a 2407 to that system..sell the system and keep the 2407 ?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54313224&postcount=304

735 for both,,, the monitor is 745 on its own.

Just checked the status, Mines been like this since Monday...

Your order is in production as of 29/10/2007

Yeh mine to, it changed from ..as of 29/10/2007 to 30/10/2007 yesterday morning for some reason.

Just got delivery of the 720, the van is in Galway City full of Dell boxes :D

:D Looking forward to your review/opinion

Was your estimated delivery date today?
    Did you recieve a tracking number for the courier from dell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Just arrived, Dublin. Dell status page has not been updated with a tracking number etc as of this time.

Was your estimated delivery date today?
    Did you recieve a tracking number for the courier from dell?

Delivery date was 2morrow, no nothing from the courier or from dell, not even rang, lucky i was home.

Had to sit down and rest, just bringing the monster up the stairs was an effort, and i am a big strong viking! comes with black t-shirt, 2 x cool mouse mat, nice leather folder for manuals and cd's, a joke of two tiny speakers. So now i will try not get hernia taking the system out of the box, never thought i had to struggle getting a computer up the stairs, can't get over how heavy it is..

• Advertisement

Delivery date was 2morrow, no nothing from the courier or from dell, not even rang, lucky i was home.

Feck sake, u would think they would at least give ya a call,
    Im sure the dell sales person said they would ring before hand.
    Thankfully somebody in my house to sign for it today, well i hope!

Advertisement