Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rossallan

I don't think Interlink are delivering today (gave them a call and no-one answered)

I'm hoping they are as well though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thats disappointing but it is a bank holiday after all!

Lets hope we get them tomorrow!

//edit just rang there, interlink definitely closed today. Ah well.

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Ah Crap. Why was'nt I looking at boards when this was going on. Would have liked an XPs720. Looks like their all gone now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Ah Crap. Why was'nt I looking at boards when this was going on. Would have liked an XPs720. Looks like their all gone now. :(

Check ebay again tomorrow lunchtime, it might be a few more for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yay, mine just went to "dispached" status. Lets just hope we don't get big bags of sh1te now huh :)

• Advertisement

Yay, mine too,,overtime at Dell today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Yay, mine too,,overtime at Dell today.

mine was dispatched as well yesterday,
    anybody know if these are going to be delievered today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

I got one of those 710 last week too for 930. If I'd have known I was bidding against you crowd!!! :rolleyes:
    I want to set up a two screen configuration. Do I need another one of those graphic cards? I'm going to use the system for video and sound editing.

Anyone been given an order number to use on the interlink website to track the parcel?? Or anyone tried ring them etc??

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Darwin wrote: »
    Flaccus gave a fairly comprehensive rundown on the XPS 710 on this thread here
    The 8800GTX is an OEM card - I'd imagine you can overclock the GPU via Ntune or some other utility. You can overclock the CPU in the BIOS but take a read of Flaccus's post before you do so.

all gtx's are made in 1 or 2 factories...so they are all oem cards so to speak except for the preoverclocked ones.

anyway, rivatuner is the way to go when overclocking them.

Darwin wrote: »
    Flaccus, you sure the 590i chipset in the 710 supports 800Mhz RAM? I was sure I read somewhere it only works with 667 (PC5300/5400) RAM. Is memory bandwidth an issue with an 8800GTX particularly if gaming at 1900x1200?
    Back on topic I see there were several 710's that didn't get any bids today!

yes it does...I have had 2 xps 710's.
    Go to www.crucial.com, and under the xps 710 they recommend ddr2 6400 ballistix which is 800mhz ram. The dell chipset is actually a customised 590i, and also works fine with 4 sticks of 800mhz (usually the 590i and some 680i's drop to 667mhz with 4 sticks).

Anyone know if this is the case design for the 720's?
    The one shown on the dell website doesn't have the transparent panel?

dell_xps_4251.jpg

No the transparent panel was never released.

And the black design is only for units with a 1kw psu (H2C models).
    If you ordered a standard 710 or 720 you will get the silver chasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Just got off the phone with interlink. Turns out that while my order status is 'dispatched', the package isn't in their system yet, meaning it's still sitting in the depot at dell. She says it will probably be collected this evening for delivery tomorrow. The same probably goes for everyone else's orders which were marked 'dispatched' yesterday.

Cool, thanks Dar.

Cheers Dar. Another day waiting so!! :(

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

dathi1 wrote: »
    I got one of those 710 last week too for 930. If I'd have known I was bidding against you crowd!!! :rolleyes:
    I want to set up a two screen configuration. Do I need another one of those graphic cards? I'm going to use the system for video and sound editing.

You shouldn't need another graphics card. I have an nVidia 6800 GT card with dual dvi outputs (same outputs as the 8800 GTX in the Dell 710) and the nVidia drivers allow me run a dual monitor/extended desktop setup with Windows XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rossallan

Talked to Interlink myself, my order was due to be delivered today (was marked dispatched last Thursday)

Unfortunately the order consists of 2 boxes and they only had 1 of them. so fingers crossed i'll get it tomorrow.

I have no patience! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Anyone know what sound card is installed? Is it this integrated 7.1 card or is it this Soundblaster 7.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Its a custom Creative X-Fi card.

• Advertisement

Got this info from dell about the card, NR603 Sound Blaster X-Fi SB0467 Card

Flaccus wrote: »
    No the transparent panel was never released.

And the black design is only for units with a 1kw psu (H2C models).
    If you ordered a standard 710 or 720 you will get the silver chasis.
    So I wonder what the one in the pic is then. I found it on some review site. I dont think it was a user mod. :confused:
    No the one you posted a pic of is a Dell one not a user mod, although they are around too. Im not sure about here but if you go to order a 720 from the american site you can order the panel with the window as an extra for only $250!!!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Jesus christ, dell telesales. Some clown tried to fob me off with a 710 with a 8600gt and a E6550 for what I paid for the ebay auction because he didnt have a record of my ebay transaction, from what I could make out of his broken english. Anyone have an actual number to contact dell on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Jesus christ, dell telesales. Some clown tried to fob me off with a 710 with a 8600gt and a E6550 for what I paid for the ebay auction because he didnt have a record of my ebay transaction, from what I could make out of his broken english. Anyone have an actual number to contact dell on?

You must have rang outside the hours listed on the email and got bumped to India. Mon-Fri 9am-1pm and 2pm-4pm. 1850 200 791

Edit: Btw according to the spec of the batch of Ebay 710s, the sound card is AUDIO INTEGRATED HDA 7.1 DOLBY DIGITAL C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Both going for over 1000 with 20 hours to go....

With those h**t bidding,they wont go cheap...

With good help from juustin1980 pumping up the prices so he can justify the high prices he has on the dell systems that he bought on ebay in the last few weeks ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dathi1 wrote: »

You can't use dual screens with sli. So if you get another card, you won't be able to use 2 monitors.

:confused:

It's not a user mod..it's one of two design changes dell proposed to their sidepanel to give them more gamer appeal but they never got released as they did not meet emi shielding specifications. Now maybe that has changed, (I haven't been following closely as I hate bling) but if it has it only seems to be available in the american regions.

• Advertisement

Flaccus wrote: »
    It's not a user mod..it's one of two design changes dell proposed to their sidepanel to give them more gamer appeal but they never got released as they did not meet emi shielding specifications. Now maybe that has changed, (I haven't been following closely as I hate bling) but if it has it only seems to be available in the american regions.

Yea thats pretty much what I was saying, its available for the americans for $250.

On another note, all that justion1980 guy seems to do is buy from Dells Ebay and sell them on his own for inflated prices.. it seems to be working well for him too. :mad:

Advertisement