Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Agree, the PSU ruins the fun. Heres two pictures of the ****ty thing i took when i opened it after i was so annoyed to try to find out what was buzzing like a grasshopper.
    As you can see its pretty low end :(

That looks nasty cheap.....

I still aint paid for mine. Having second thoughts now. If anyone wants one let me know n they can have mine... Think i won it for €1540

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Just resell it on ebay and earn some €€€.

Hmmmm... ur right. One at €1800 at the mo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

unklerosco wrote: »
    That looks nasty cheap.....

I still aint paid for mine. Having second thoughts now. If anyone wants one let me know n they can have mine... Think i won it for €1540

I'll take it. Send me a pm if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Croc

Nha forget it, buy something else :)

I agree with Nordic, Its a 32 bit operating system thats installed, it will see 4 gb on boot up, but wont be able to use it so a waste of money. The maximum possible it will see is 3.12gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

just ran 3dmark06, scored 15786.

XPS 720 Dual 8800GTX

Did anyone get Corsair EPP memory with the system ?

Can I check without removing them?

just ran 3dmark06, scored 15786.

XPS 720 Dual 8800GTX
    Cool am in at the same score
    15946 :p
    Can I check without removing them?
    Yeah, if they look like this
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=327595
    If not, its a "must" oppgrade.

I thought they shipped with E.P.P memory until i saw my low memory score.
    Mine shipped with standard Hynix HYMP512U64BP8-S5 memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I got just under 12000 at stock speeds on the xps710 single 8800gtx

http://i15.tinypic.com/688drtz.jpg

Not bad

Anyone overclock the 710 yet?

How far will the cpu/gpu go?

pm sent fionn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

If Fionn loses interest, I'll take it off your hands. It would be going to a good home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Anyone overclock the 710 yet?

How far will the cpu/gpu go?

Didn't oc the gpu yet but I have the cpu up to 3.19GHz.
    Thats as high as she'll go.

11924 with 3DMark 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Cool am in at the same score
    15946 :p

Yeah, if they look like this
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=327595
    If not, its a "must" oppgrade.

I thought they shipped with E.P.P memory until i saw my low memory score.
    Mine shipped with standard Hynix HYMP512U64BP8-S5 memory.

Mine came with the cheap stuff too. I was planning on getting the Dominator or Ballistix Ram to replace it just PC2-8500 rather than PC2-6400.

Was your clocked at 3.46Ghz out of the box too? Temps are in the 30-35C range which is quite decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 PHILIPMCKEOWN

Hey ill buy your xps uncle if you dont want to????? philyfree@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Hey ill buy your xps uncle if you dont want to????? [email]philyfree @ yahoo.ie[/email]

WELCOME TO BOARDS PHILIP

Mine came with the cheap stuff too. I was planning on getting the Dominator or Ballistix Ram to replace it just PC2-8500 rather than PC2-6400.

Was your clocked at 3.46Ghz out of the box too? Temps are in the 30-35C range which is quite decent.

Yep, 3.46 out of the box, think 8500 will be my choice too, think ill stick with Dominator as Dell is using them for this setup.

Are the 710's on ebay at the moment good value? I know someone looking for a good gaming PC.
    There are a few on from 1400 - 1800, the dearer one has dual x1950's. Seem like decent prices to me.
    What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Absolutely not, even with a GTX that price would be steep. If those are the ones that are coming up on my search, thats the guy who was buying them cheap, scavenging the graphics cards and selling them at a huge markup. You could build a far better pc for 1400 than what he is selling, especially with the release of the 8800GT. Basically, avoid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are the 710's on ebay at the moment good value? I know someone looking for a good gaming PC.
    There are a few on from 1400 - 1800, the dearer one has dual x1950's. Seem like decent prices to me.
    What do ye think?

We'd need more of the spec to know if it's good value. For the price of 2 x1950 pro's you could probably get an 8800gt which would be far better.

This one is just over 1400, with a single 768mb 8800gtx, and this one is 1600 with dual 512mb x1950xtx.

• Advertisement

You'd be paying €1500 for a system people paid €950 for off dell... Afaik that seller was buying up a good few of em off dell n now he's reselling them..

You'd be paying €1500 for a system people paid €950 for off dell... Afaik that seller was buying up a good few of em off dell n now he's reselling them..

He knows that but I suppose he can wait and see if anymore dell outlet ones come up. Unless you want to sell him your unwanted 720;)??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

yeah that guy bought up a load of them and is reselling them for 500quid more.. he is doing the same with nearly every high end laptop on the outlet.. was really starting to get on my nerves, he kept bidding on the laptops I was interested in and he always bids really early.. anyway I won one today... he didnt have a high enough price this time ;)
    I dont really think its fair because he is really bumping up the prices of lots of systems on the outlet.. they should impose a limit of one machine per person/day or something similar..

ab_cork wrote: »
    yeah that guy bought up a load of them and is reselling them for 500quid more.. he is doing the same with nearly every high end laptop on the outlet.. was really starting to get on my nerves, he kept bidding on the laptops I was interested in and he always bids really early.. anyway I won one today... he didnt have a high enough price this time ;)
    I dont really think its fair because he is really bumping up the prices of lots of systems on the outlet.. they should impose a limit of one machine per person/day or something similar..

Agreed!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ab_cork wrote: »
    Agreed!! :mad:
    I'm sure Dell will be sending this guy a 'cease and desist' letter any day now:

Dear Sir/Madam
    It has come to our attention that you are responsible for driving up the price on various goods on the Dell Outlet Ebay store. Please cease this outrageous carry on immediate.

Wassamatta you? Don't you realize people want fantastic bargains?

Love, luck and lollipops,
    Dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Right...they've lost my order and don't know what do do.....:confused: I've to call back at 2pm

Anyone interested in my XPS, leave ur name here... I will reply pm/reply if its still available. I dont know how but someone txt my girlfriends sister about the XPS...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Lads,
    What is the a "Standard Dell Warranty" that comes with these rigs?
    90 days is it or 1 year?

Anyone interested in my XPS, leave ur name here... I will reply pm/reply if its still available. I dont know how but someone txt my girlfriends sister about the XPS...

My brother is definately interested, cash waiting...

BTW, congrats on the 5000 posts Unkle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭expediateclimb

Count me in :D:D

Advertisement