Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Sweet, picked up a 710 for starting price, well pleased with that. Have to wait till tuesday to contact them, anyone know how far you are given notice of day of the delivery? Have to arrange for someone to be around.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Given shag all notice lad, I ordered mine on the thurs, got it the following Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sweet, picked up a 710 for starting price, well pleased with that. Have to wait till tuesday to contact them, anyone know how far you are given notice of day of the delivery? Have to arrange for someone to be around.

Track it on the Dell site using your order number and customer, they'll be on your confirmation email. When it comes up as dispatched it's usually delivered the next day with Interlink.

www.dell.ie/status

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sorry , to get onto the ebay shop people ring the dell outlet number here

http://www.dell.ie/do

Which is how I got hold of them, give them the system number you are bidding on

ring back if you win .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Anyone know if this is the case design for the 720's?
    The one shown on the dell website doesn't have the transparent panel?

dell_xps_4251.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Do you know how much are they offering the 2407WFP monitor for?

Anyone ?
    They have a sweet deal at the moment selling them for 745 but maybe they can beat that price..need another 2407 for a dual setup, does anyone know if there will be any big visual difference having one 2407WFP-HC and one non-HC beside eachother ?

Anyone know if this is the case design for the 720's?
    The one shown on the dell website doesn't have the transparent panel?
    [/IMG]

No they dont, pitty really, as you want to show all the inside goddies dont ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

So I wonder what the one in the pic is then. I found it on some review site. I dont think it was a user mod. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Anyone ?
    They have a sweet deal at the moment selling them for 745 but maybe they can beat that price..need another 2407 for a dual setup, does anyone know if there will be any big visual difference having one 2407WFP-HC and one non-HC beside eachother ?

I bought a 2407WFP-HC and the colour is brighter and richer than my 2007WFP.:D

• Advertisement

Recieved this email this morning from Dell. The original delivery date was Oct 31 2007.
    Dear Customer,
    Due to the popularity of the product you have ordered there has been a delay at our suppliers.

This means you now have an updated Estimated Delivery date.

We appreciate that you may have been waiting a long time for your order - and so will do our very best to beat the updated Estimated Delivery Date.

The UPDATED estimated delivery date for your Dell Order is: Nov 5 2007

It's a bit weird. Their Ebay systems are usually sitting in a box ready-to-go.
    I also won an Inspiron the same day and that was shipped on Friday.

Does this mean that the 710's aren't even built yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

kaizersoze wrote: »

Or they are trying to sort out whatever is wrong with them...

mad m wrote: »
    Or they are trying to sort out whatever is wrong with them...

Possible but after a bit of investigation it looks like they're shifting excess stock rather than returns from customers.

I've bought a good few machines from Dell on Ebay and whatever problems they had were sorted before being listed for sale.
    All of them,except this one, were shipped the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Recieved this email this morning from Dell. The original delivery date was Oct 31 2007.
    Dear Customer,
    Due to the popularity of the product you have ordered there has been a delay at our suppliers.

This means you now have an updated Estimated Delivery date.

We appreciate that you may have been waiting a long time for your order - and so will do our very best to beat the updated Estimated Delivery Date.

The UPDATED estimated delivery date for your Dell Order is: Nov 5 2007

It's a bit weird. Their Ebay systems are usually sitting in a box ready-to-go.
    I also won an Inspiron the same day and that was shipped on Friday.

That IS strange KS. I haven't received a delay myself YET. Did you order a monitor or something along with it?

That IS strange KS. I haven't received a delay myself YET. Did you order a monitor or something along with it?

No monitor ordered (I have a Dell 24' already), just the system.

No monitor ordered (I have a Dell 24' already), just the system.
    Jeez, bummer man. I was under the impression also that these were premanufactured stock they were offloading. I just checked the status of the machines I ordered. They are currently at a status of "Pre-production". Hope they're not delayed: my sister is coming to collect hers from me on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I also got the delay email from Dell. I'm pretty sure these machines are the remnants of the discontinued 710s. I have a friend who works in Dell and he said the machine was on his system whereas usually an outlet machine would not be. So it doesn't look like they're refurbs.

The document I was sent from the outlet said it had 480GB of HD rather than the 320 that the sale page said. This is pretty minor to be honest, I don't actually care which way it goes.

I haven't ordered from them myself, but this place sells 2407WFP-HCs for ~€510 delivered and a lot of other Dell monitors at a good price. They charge £18 for delivery to Ireland, and you can't use the website directly(phone/email). They don't charge VAT for Irish orders. The link came from this poker forum thread, where you can find some testimonials etc.

Thanks to OP for the original link.

No delay on the 720, in "production" @ the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Anyone know what price are they doing the 2407 for if u get a 710/720?? Might sell my 22" n go back to some 24" goodness...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My 710 got delayed from this tuesday to this friday. So looking like they are not just sitting there waiting to be send out or just so many of them its taken ages to sort!

Really need to buy a new monitor to do some justice to my new 710. Any recomandations? Dell ones best to go for or other?? guess im looking for at very least a 19" , prob 22" , are the 24" worth it?? Cheers

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

U can buy my 22" if i can afford a 24" ;-)

No delay on the 720, in "production" @ the moment :D

Don't get too excited. My delayed 710 has been sitting 'in production' since last Wednesday.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Will the xps710 come with pre installed overclocking software for memory and cpu?

Or do you have to update the bios yourself?

Also anyone know what manufacture 8800gtx is in the xps710?

I hear the asus board is a brillant overclocker....

Anyone overclock the 8800gtx in there xps?

What speed did yee get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

Flaccus gave a fairly comprehensive rundown on the XPS 710 on this thread here
    The 8800GTX is an OEM card - I'd imagine you can overclock the GPU via Ntune or some other utility. You can overclock the CPU in the BIOS but take a read of Flaccus's post before you do so.

Darwin wrote: »
    Flaccus gave a fairly comprehensive rundown on the XPS 710 on this thread here

Dont read it, you think you bought crap after reading it..

Looks like there's a bit of overtime going on in Dell.
    The status of a couple of my orders, the 710 and a batch of laptops, changed to 'Delivery preparation' around 5 o'clock today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

So I wonder what the one in the pic is then. I found it on some review site. I dont think it was a user mod. :confused:

No the one you posted a pic of is a Dell one not a user mod, although they are around too. Im not sure about here but if you go to order a 720 from the american site you can order the panel with the window as an extra for only $250!!!

Looks like there's a bit of overtime going on in Dell.
    The status of a couple of my orders, the 710 and a batch of laptops, changed to 'Delivery preparation' around 5 o'clock today.:)

All shipped today 29/10.:)

All shipped today 29/10.:)
    Good stuff KS man. Glad to hear your order is on its way. Hopefully mine will be too today or tomorrow. (Still in "Production" Status)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea mine shipped today. Doubt it will make it to me today but im going to be optimistic :D:D

Adam

Advertisement