Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Think i have seen that 0 feedback bidder on a few dell items before.. ?

anybody know whats the story when you get one, paid for my 710 yesterday
    and havent anything back since, i tought i was meant to recieve a confirmation email??

also any idea of how long to delivery and when i asked the girl on the phone she coulnt tell me??

She said she will send a confirmation mail to me too, not got any yet. She did say 5-7 days though, that was yesterday. not checked if they have charged my card yet though.

n***8 has bid on all the 720 systems, and check he's bid history over the last few days, does not have to be anything, but a bit fishy,, and he bidded max 1370 on the last 10 or so 720 systems..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

He's buying them n selling them here afaik... http://search.ebay.ie/_W0QQsassZjuustin1980QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

If he's paying €1700+ for em he wont be makin much if anything off them... unless that aint him n he works for dell n is just trying to push the prices up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

seems like a great idea, good one Dell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Looks like everyone is going bananas over the bidding......

Someone has already bid €1290.00 for this laptop:

Here's what the quote I got for a new on dell site: €1326.31

The new one has better processor 7500 compared to 7400
    Better harddisk 320GB compared to 160GB
    2.0 MP camera compared to no camera

The only thing the first one has better is the video card, 512 compared to the new 256.

Consider the price, it's the same, probably new one will be a little cheaper if you find a company discount.

Be smart everyone, dont bid against each other, otherwise no one is going to get a good value out of these deals.

Agree dont bid until very very late....pointless bidding with hours to go...

Also the xps with a 7950gtx would destroy that 8600gt....The 7950gtx is a €350 card,while the gt is a €100 one

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Sqaull20 wrote: »

Also the xps with a 7950gtx would destroy that 8600gt....The 7950gtx is a €350 card,while the gt is a €100 one

not to mention the better screen on the xps and the all round better build quality.

Last 720 went for just under €1800, I wouldnt be suprised to see one go for €2k today.... Have one in my watch list that ended at €1476... That was a great deal, €1800... not so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

PCDub wrote: »
    not to mention the better screen on the xps and the all round better build quality.

You can get the same screen (1920x1200 truelife) on 9400 and probably the 1720/1721 models aswell. Dell screen quality is a bit patchy I had to return a M1710 because of iffy screen quality. Got a 9400 now and it has a decent screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to get an opinion from you experts - was this a bargain compared to the prices of similar systems now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

muffler wrote: »
    Just to get an opinion from you experts - was this a bargain compared to the prices of similar systems now

Indeed it was a bargain. I've seen similar systems go for alot more.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sqaull20 wrote: »

I wouldn't agree with the prices as the 8600 series are overpriced but the 7950 would make mincemeat of the 8600.

They come with speakers A225 and added 1 year next business day onsite warrenty. Atleast according to the order acknowledgement (xps 720).

They might come with a mouse n keyb too... Bought a few pcs befoe that came with spkrs, keyb n mouse.

I notice some of the 720's r only listing 1 raptor but in the original config there's two...

yeah comes with, keyboard/mice, who are using them anyway ?

5 or 6 more 710s added today.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Indeed it was a bargain. I've seen similar systems go for alot more.
    Aye I thought it was a good deal - well actually it was someone else who I got advice from at the time as Im not too well up on these things.

The guy in dell when I went to pay for it threw in a set of speakers free and I then got a 19" monitor off him for €180. He told me it was normally retailing at €220 and having checked the site afterwards he was correct. So I got the whole shebang for something just over €680.

Not bad going by some of the prices I see on the Dell/Ebay site these days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Bought one of the 710s (904. Score). Has anybody received any mails yet after contacting Dell? I contacted them the next day with my details but I haven't received any confirmation mails. It says that CCs will not be debited until delivery. Was wondering if anyone has received any info/systems yet..... Cheers

Bought one of the 710s (904. Score). Has anybody received any mails yet after contacting Dell? I contacted them the next day with my details but I haven't received any confirmation mails. It says that CCs will not be debited until delivery. Was wondering if anyone has received any info/systems yet..... Cheers

I have recieved a confirmation email but it was a day after payment. I think it would have been longer if I didn't have to ring them again to pay for an second system. I told the girl to tell the other guy to get the finger out and both emails arrived about 10 minutes later.:)
    I'd say the Ebay sales dept are a bit swamped atm. There hasn't been that many systems on there in a long time.

Btw, according to the email there are 3 hds in the 710 and not 2. Giving a total of 480 gig storage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The outlet has gone to hell in the last week, I bought a laptop there off it last Thursday week for 500 euro, the same fricking machine went for 600 yesterday!! So I think people have gone orgasmic on there, was looking for another lappie, think I will wait a month or so until things quiten down on there.

BTW - ur mano who is bidding on all the systems, do ye think he is suss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rossallan

My order status has been..

"Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly"

Since yesterday afternoon, Dell have a strange definition for the word 'shortly'!

Do Dell use Interlink for their deliveries? might try giving them a call to see if i can get a tracking number.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mine was the same for 2 days, the status never changes. The courier will ring you when on the way out for directions.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I have recieved a confirmation email but it was a day after payment. I think it would have been longer if I didn't have to ring them again to pay for an second system. I told the girl to tell the other guy to get the finger out and both emails arrived about 10 minutes later.:)
    I'd say the Ebay sales dept are a bit swamped atm. There hasn't been that many systems on there in a long time.

Btw, according to the email there are 3 hds in the 710 and not 2. Giving a total of 480 gig storage.
    Thanks for the info KS. I just gave them a ring and, like some of the posts said, they are swamped at the mo but that they'd process my card today. Interesting to see that about the 3 HDDs. Nice one. Anybody else's the same? They seemed to be a batch lot order from their order number/config on Ebay. The full specs on the mail confirmation? Can't wait to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Thanks for the info KS. I just gave them a ring and, like some of the posts said, they are swamped at the mo but that they'd process my card today. Interesting to see that about the 3 HDDs. Nice one. Anybody else's the same? They seemed to be a batch lot order from their order number/config on Ebay. The full specs on the mail confirmation? Can't wait to see.

yes it says there are 3 gig drives in the 710 plus a set of dell speakers,probally not much good but anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The 710s have more HD space than is advertised according to an answer I got . Typically 480gb not 320Gb

They will also ship with keyboard and mouse and speakers and Dell will offer a special deal on a 22" 24" widescreen IF you contact them AFTER you win but BEFORE you pay so they can adjust the final invoice amount.

The shipping on the widescreen will be included in the €30 shipping price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The 710s have more HD space than is advertised according to an answer I got . Typically 480gb not 320Gb

They will also ship with keyboard and mouse and speakers and Dell will offer a special deal on a 22" 24" widescreen IF you contact them AFTER you win but BEFORE you pay so they can adjust the final invoice amount.

Do you know how much are they offering the 2407WFP monitor for?

Got the confirmation mail alright and noticed the 480GB config alright and assume it's 3X160GB drives. Also noticed the speakers etc. I'll be hooking the system up to me HD tele anyway so can skip the monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

**** Ive already payed for my 710....

A 22" would have been class...

Anyway around this sponge bob?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Just bought one of the XPS 720's for 1477e. :D

Not a bad price for the spec! Now all I need to get is the 24" lcd.

• Advertisement

Dang, I got one for €1580 yest... All I need to do is find some money to pay for the damn thing

Advertisement