Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truckload of dell XPS's going tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Nice score there. What were you up to in those 1st pics messing with your SLI setup?? Oh I had 4 star pizza today, coincidence.
    Ha, look clooser its the fekking PSU, tried to kill the "grasshopper" noise from it, but could not locate it cause the noise was coming from several components.

Had to order 4 star pizza and Coke, took me ages to unwrap the PSU and the case got all greasy, so had to polish it when i was finished.

Last wednsday, so it took a week, think you will have yours tomorrow, mine was a day earlier than the the estimate, my last order too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Yea I knew it wasnt the cards and thought it was the caseless psu, just you said "messing with my SLI" or something.. curiosity.. ;)

Aye hopefully ill have it in a few hours.. no monitor though, which means ill be poking around the case until I can get a DVI - VGA adapter to tide me until the monitor I want is back in stock on komplett. :o

Ha, I split a 16" American Meaty one with a mate. Maybe the pizza has something to do with the fact were both up at 5 in the morning.. although id ususally be up anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Aye hopefully ill have it in a few hours.. no monitor though, which means ill be poking around the case until I can get a DVI - VGA adapter to tide me until the monitor I want is back in stock on komplett. :o

They shipped on with mine!

Yeah got one adapter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Just as an aside if people don't want particular parts from these computers why not offer them to the masses? I saw a few posters don't want their Dell keyboard and mouse. I could use both of them. I'm sure others could too. Stick them on adverts free section I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

The status on mine had changed to dispatched when I checked it this morning. Maybe I'll get it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

nothing yet still waiting.... :(

dathi1 wrote: »
    nothing yet still waiting.... :(

The status on mine had changed to dispatched when I checked it this morning. Maybe I'll get it today?

Prepare urselfes for the big box, do some push ups.

And dont let the carrier push the box over wooden floors :(

Yea no sign a delivery today for me neither.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I got mine yesterday too, in Dublin. And yes the case is HUGE! My last PC was a shuttle barebones so big difference!!! But its still slick looking. Think I'll just have to stick XP on to it. Not a fan of vista. maybe I need time to get used to it but dont think ill give it time :D

Adam

• Advertisement

Still nada....everytime I ring Dell I get the runaround in Bombay. Its no wonder the Indian call center system is a disaster. You're talking to people who have great English, very polite and professional but haven't a clue about your order or what universe you live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Still nada....everytime I ring Dell I get the runaround in Bombay. Its no wonder the Indian call center system is a disaster. You're talking to people who have great English, very polite and professional but haven't a clue about your order or what universe you live!!

You must have rang outside the hours listed on the email and got bumped to India. Mon-Fri 9am-1pm and 2pm-4pm. 1850 200 791 and you'll get through to Cherrywood. If you don't hear an Irish accent, hang up and try again.

I'll try again Monday. India is of no help. I took out the customer number for security...I don't know where she got the name Mr Ross? http://www.divshare.com/download/2606862-e13

:eek: Oh My God...!!!

This think is frikken huge.....and bloody heavy.

boxhn8.jpg

gutsqa4.jpg

Yea got mine today too, gettin it out of the box wasnt easy!

Very cool machine though, shame that theres no case window, the H2C unit lights up nicely. :rolleyes:

Just won a Dell 24" Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC on ebay there for €550 inc Vat & Del. Should go nicely with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

:eek: Oh My God...!!!

This think is frikken huge.....and bloody heavy.

boxhn8.jpg

gutsqa4.jpg

I want one... :(

Yea got mine today too, gettin it out of the box wasnt easy!

Very cool machine though, shame that theres no case window, the H2C unit lights up nicely. :rolleyes:

Just won a Dell 24" Ultrasharp 2407WFP-HC on ebay there for €550 inc Vat & Del. Should go nicely with it! :)

Getting a 2407 for mine too, should be a killer set-up. (can't justify the extra 200yoyo's for the 2707:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

ebay outlet has gone mad some lunatic(probably on here) has just paid a riducles amount on an M1330(two months old) with no GFX card you can buy them cheaper directly from the Dell site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

I'll try again Monday. India is of no help. I took out the customer number for security...I don't know where she got the name Mr Ross? http://www.divshare.com/download/2606862-e13

i can't listen to that as i'v no sound on my PC, but u do realise its illegal for u to record someone without their consent....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

i can't listen to that as i'v no sound on my PC, but u do realise its illegal for u to record someone without their consent....

No it's not. It's illegal for a third party to record it without the consent of one of the participating parties but it's perfectly fine and legal for one of the participating parties to record it, even without the consent of the other participant. Do you think Dell don't record calls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Hi Everybody,

I'm a newbie to boards.ie.

Could someone help me and tell me if these XPS machines could be used for Video Editing i.e. Final Cut Pro or Avid Media Composer!! :confused:

If they can be used for HD editing even better.

Any help on this would be great :D

I've been told they're perfect. I'm using Adobe Premiere, Soundforge and Sony Vegas. Cant wait to get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Could someone help me and tell me if these XPS machines could be used for Video Editing i.e. Final Cut Pro or Avid Media Composer!!

Heya absolutegroove... if that is your real name! :D.

Probably better to ask in the -> Computer -> Building and Upgrading forum: [Link]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hi Everybody,

I'm a newbie to boards.ie.

Could someone help me and tell me if these XPS machines could be used for Video Editing i.e. Final Cut Pro or Avid Media Composer!! :confused:

If they can be used for HD editing even better.

Any help on this would be great :D

They'd be great for it.

Thanks Dathi1 and Fnz

Thanks AlmightyCushion.

Boards.ie - what a nice community :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Zab wrote: »
    It sounds kind of like electrical sparks, although I'm not saying that's what it is.

QUOTE]

Known issue :(
    "
    Power supply noise issue: This PSU has a noticable crackle sound that get's louder under load. The sound is apparently caused by a vibrating coil and has also been described as a buzz or even cicada noise!

Apparently this only affects European models, and I can hear it the moment I open the door to the study - very annoying that the (very expensive) liquid cooled H2C beast is so quiet except for the badly designed PSU.

Customer Care have acknowledged that it is a known issue, and that there is no point replacing the PSU as it will exhibit the same symptoms - this implies that all units are affected? The quality control lab at Dell must be very noisy for this to be missed during European production of the 710 H2C and 720 H2C!"

Yes..all the 1000w psu's and 750w to a lesser extent have it. Have seen this on about 12-13 XPS 720's. It's actually a capacitor problem and still no fix from China (I think the 1000w is made by Delta). What's a real pisser is the psu uses a proprietry eps connector, so you can't just replace it with a better Corsair/OCZ/Seasonic model. Removing the H2C and replacing with default fan/heatsink will lower the noise a bit as will running a lesser specced video card setup. The noise is load related. It's a cheap ass psu no doubt.

Yea the buzz is quite annoying, considering everything the machine is fairly quiet apart from this and it does kinda ruin it. Messing around with the Led settings sets the PSU off too. :(

Yea the buzz is quite annoying, considering everything the machine is fairly quiet apart from this and it does kinda ruin it. Messing around with the Led settings sets the PSU off too. :(
    Agree, the PSU ruins the fun. Heres two pictures of the ****ty thing i took when i opened it after i was so annoyed to try to find out what was buzzing like a grasshopper.
    As you can see its pretty low end :(

• Advertisement

Did anyone get Corsair EPP memory with the system ?

Advertisement