Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I heard a rumour that Dunnes Stores have WWE DVDs on special.

I picked up No Way Out, Great American Bash and Survivor Series 2005 for €4 each in HMV Grafton St to complete my 2005 PPV collection.

Couldn't find Hart and Soul or Edge's DVDs anywhere in any of the Golden Discs in Dublin. Even rang around a few of them.

Got Best PPV matches 2009-2010 on blu-ray from Silvervision there. Pic quality on all WWE DVDs is always quite poor - pixelation & artifacts from heavy compression. You'd think they'd benefit greatly from HD consider the bright lights, fireworks and fast movement but while it's good it ain't reference quality. I guess they skimped on that $20million they spent upgrading to HD!

Still all the same it was about €14 which is decent enough. Haven't watched many of the matches yet.

Currently working my way through my 20+ hrs of Shawn Michaels. WAtching My Journey atm. His Monday Night Raw match from '95 with British Bulldog is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody see Wrestling Road Diaries yet?
    Ordered it just now,€23 and includes an hour of bonus footage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got the Mysterio and Batista boxets in Golden Discs for €6 each.

Watched the Batista one last night. Felt weird watching it. It was half his life and family, and half WWE it seemed to me. The lack of superstars interviewed for set was pretty evident too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Anybody see Wrestling Road Diaries yet?
    Ordered it just now,€23 and includes an hour of bonus footage!

I really want to get that but is it just for Region1 DVD players or is it region free?

I'm guessing it's region free since it makes no mention of regions during ordering.

Think my DVD player can play region 1 anyways cos my mate got me the rise and fall of ECW when he was in the states a few years back and it worked on my player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

got the austin set for £12 in cex derry as well as survivor series 07 for £5. Mania 26 was also £12

In hmv derry got one night stand 2 which has a second disc of barely legal 97 and that was only £3 they seem to have loads of those

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Ring of Honor are doing a DVD grab bag with 5 DVD's and another gift (shirt/hat etc) for around $20. Guaranteed at least one ROH or PWG dvd.

Should add that delivery comes to $9 but the whole thing stills works out at around €20.

Dunnes in Ashleaf Crumlin have a few 2009 PPVs at a tener each. Not really worth it since Golden Discs and HMV have been selling ~2008 PPVs for €4-€5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Can anyone tell me which shop in dublin has the best offers on wwe dvds? Looking for 3 disc sets rather than recent ppvs. Hitting town with herself tomorrow and i'd be shot if i dragged her around town for wrestling dvds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Golden Discs in Jervis, and HMV on Grafton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

glenjamin wrote: »
    Golden Discs in Jervis, and HMV on Grafton.

Not too many left. Bought "The best of Saturday Night Main Event" and the Mysterio box set in Golden disks. Spoke to the guy behind the counter and he reckons they punted loads of the wwe stock over the last week The selection in HMV was rotten and most were full priced. Heading out to Maynooth for a booze up later on and will check the Golden disks there.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me which shop in dublin has the best offers on wwe dvds? Looking for 3 disc sets rather than recent ppvs. Hitting town with herself tomorrow and i'd be shot if i dragged her around town for wrestling dvds :D
    As Dav says there's not many left in Golden Discs. They had loads of different 3-disc sets but on some like the WCW set or Raw 2009 they didn't seem to have that many in stock. I recall seeing a box of about a dozen or more Shawn Michaels: My Journey and Rey Mysterio sets. I'm not sure what's left.

HMV only have the 3-disc sets at full whack so say for Best of Raw 2009 it's €45 vs the €7 I got it in Golden Discs for.

You could try Tower Records on Wicklow St or O'Connell St. Gamestop could possibly get in some 3-disc sets second hand though in my experience it seems to only be every now and then they get stuff in rather than continously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Picked up ECW One Night Stand whilst I was on holiday in Liverpool for just £2! They had loads of brand new DVDs from 2004-2007 all £2. Only noticed the place when I had spent all my money.

Had to buy TLC 2010 for £15, while I also bought Ricky Steamboat's DVD for £15 also and The Monday Night Wars for £1.98 for PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

chordtype wrote: »
    Ring of Honor are doing a DVD grab bag with 5 DVD's and another gift (shirt/hat etc) for around $20. Guaranteed at least one ROH or PWG dvd.

Should add that delivery comes to $9 but the whole thing stills works out at around €20.
    Just ordered one of these, it came to €20.44 all in - thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA just came in the post :) cdwow i believe. I love this old shít!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA just came in the post :) cdwow i believe. I love this old shít!

I bought it a couple of weeks ago on ebay for €5.

Great documentary (myself not knowing much about the AWA) and some great matches (Especially Henning Vs Bockwinkel)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Just looking back through this thread and noticed that my first post on Boards was made here

Anyway, here's the updated list:
    My WWE DVD/Blu Ray collection goes:

PPVS
    WrestleMania 19, 20, 21, 22, 23,
    Royal Rumble 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008,
    SummerSlam 2006, 2007, 2008
    Survivor Series 2006, 2007, 2008
    No Way Out 2008, 2009
    Elimination Chamber 2010
    Backlash 2007, 2008, 2009
    Judgment Day 2007, 2008, 2009
    Over the Limit 2010
    ECW 1 Night Stand 2005, 2006
    1 Night Stand/Extreme Rules 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
    Night of Champions 2008, 2009, 2010
    Great American Bash 2007, 2008
    The Bash 2009
    Money in the Bank 2010
    Fatal 4 Way 2010
    Unforgiven 2007, 2008
    Breaking Point 2009
    No Mercy 2007, 2008
    Hell in a Cell 2009
    Cyber Sunday 2007, 2008
    Bragging Rights 2009
    Armageddon 2007, 2008
    TLC 2009, 2010

Superstars DVDS
    Twist of Fate The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story
    Heartbreak & Triumph the Shawn Michaels Story
    The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
    The Rock The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
    Edge a Decade of Decadence
    Viva La Raza The Eddie Guerrero Story
    Rey Mysterio The Biggest Little Man
    Rey Mysterio 619
    The New & Improved DX
    Triple H, King of Kings
    Mick Foleys Greatest Hits & Misses
    Cheating Death, Stealing Life The Eddie Guerrero Story
    Shawn Michaels: My Journey
    Chris Jericho: Behind the Walls

Other DVDS
    RAW 15th Anniversary DVD
    ECW Extreme Rules 2 Disc DVD
    Hell in a Cell 3 Disc DVD
    Ladder Match 3 Disc DVD
    SmackDown 10th Anniversary DVD
    Before they were Superstars 2
    The best of WrestleMania 1-9

Blu-Rays:
    WrestleMania 24, 25, 26
    Royal Rumble 2009, 2010, 2011 (on it's way)
    SummerSlam 2009, 2010
    Survivor Series 2010
    Hell in a Cell 2010
    Bragging Rights 2010
    Best PPV Matches of 2009-2010

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Might as well put up my wrestling dvd collection also here:
    WWE PPVS

Wrestlemania 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26
    Royal Rumble 02, 03, 04, 05, 06
    No Mercy 02, 07
    Armaggeddon 00, 07, 08
    Summerslam 00, 02, 05
    No way out 01, 04, 06
    Vengeance 02, 05, 06
    Survivor Series 02, 05, 07
    Judgement day 02
    Unforgiven 05, 06, 08
    KOTR 01, 02
    Extreme Rules 05, 06, 07, 08
    Bad Blood 2004
    Live In The UK November 2008

WWF Hardcore
    John Cena - Word Life
    NWO (The one from their 2002 run)
    WWE Confidential

2/3 Disc Sets

Mick foley hard knocks
    Shawn Michaels From The Vault
    The Rock - Most Electrifying
    HHH King Of Kings
    Undertaker Tombstone
    The Spectacular Legacy Of The Awa
    The Most Powerfull Families In Wrestling
    The Triumph And Tragedy Of World Class Championship
    ECW Rise And Fall
    Ric Flair & the Four Horsemen
    Rob Van Damn one of a kind

ECW

Anarchy Rules 00
    Living dangerously 00
    Path of destruction
    Heatwave 00
    Cyber Slam 99
    Guilty as charged 00
    As good as it gets (96 I think, theres no year on it, its the one where sabu and sandman fought for the first time)
    A few others too, cant remember them though, I remember getting them in gamestop a good few years ago (5 or 6) for €1 or 2 each I think!
    Think that's it! And no im not really a collector or that big into wrestling anymore, I just pick up the dvd if its cheap, or a bargain. I haven't gone out of my way to get a dvd or spent mad money on one. Not really big into wrestling anymore, but love watching old footage or dvds of PPVS and matches from about 10-15 years ago. Best bargain I probably got was Mania 16 for £2 in CeX in manchester a few years ago, or NWO DVD for 50cent at a car boot sale :P

Any rare dvds in that list though? :P

Just started watching the 'Edge: Decade of Decadence' dvd,really enjoyed his match at SS 01 with Lance Storm,pity Lance never was given much of a chance in the WWE.

Am also anxiously awaiting the delivery of Wrestling Road Diaries from the states!

If Wrestlemania 15, 16, 17 and 18 are the original releases and not the tagged classics version they are pretty rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If Wrestlemania 15, 16, 17 and 18 are the original releases and not the tagged classics version they are pretty rare.

Most of the Mania, Summerslam, Rumble and Survivor DVDs are the boxed ones and not the cheaper tagged classic editions so they are better bargains than ever, if available.

The main one I want still is the Savage one but it's well gone by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

No they are the originals in the big oversized double disc cases. Supposedly Judgement day 2002 is super rare, but Ive seen that in gamestops in town before :/

Might as well put up my wrestling dvd collection also here:

Think that's it! And no im not really a collector or that big into wrestling anymore, I just pick up the dvd if its cheap, or a bargain. I haven't gone out of my way to get a dvd or spent mad money on one. Not really big into wrestling anymore, but love watching old footage or dvds of PPVS and matches from about 10-15 years ago. Best bargain I probably got was Mania 16 for £2 in CeX in manchester a few years ago, or NWO DVD for 50cent at a car boot sale :P

Now with the tagged classics available those DVDs pre-Judgement Day 2002 (the first WWE PPV) aren't really as rare and valuable as they once were perceived to be.

No Mercy 2002 has what some consider one of the best best WWF/WWE matches of the last ten years and probably their best tag team match since anything from the 80s. Since it has Benoit it will never appear on a compilation disc and hadn't been added to one prior to 2007 so that event is quite valuable I think and you don't usually see it on special.

I wonder is this a conscious decision by Silvervision as you don't always see PPVs from that far back in sales however, in the last year-18months I've seen large selections of PPVs from 2008 and a few going back to 2002-2002.

I suspect this is just that DVDs have been extremely profitable for them and perhaps they sold on some stock cheap through distribution channels and that is how they arrived on our shelves in Golden Discs.

All the same, here's Judgement Day 2002 and No Mercy 2002 both for £14.

For a while Silvervision had no (original compilation) ECW Extreme Rules DVDs in stock and was actually taken off the site for a period of months.

The ECW ones are rare in one sense that it's not often you come across them for sale but in absolute terms the market was flooded with ECW dvds in late 2003 after WWE had acquired its back catalogue library collection. In anyways, most of the best of ECW has been released on to compilations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Here is a list of my current DVD collection -

1. The Great American Bash 2005.

And that's it! I just own that one dvd, which I won in a competition from Live Audio Wrestling.

All my other DVD's which I collected over the years I gave to my brother when I moved out of my parents house.

However, when I get the chance, I will post my current AVI collection. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I must post up mine some time as well. I never really started collecting until around 2004 and it grew pretty quickly.

I'm pretty happy with it too as it covers all areas of Wrestling, from WWF/WWE, WCW (Homemade ;)), ECW originals and tonnes of ROH, CZW, TNA,WSX, XPW and even IWW. I have several hard drives full of stuff too.

Have been meaning to branch out into Japanese stuff but wouldn't have a clue where to start really.

My collection really kicked off when they started the compilation DVDs, up until then I had a couple of PPVs I'd picked up on the cheap here and there but nothing major. Then when the first Flair 3-disc came out, then Foley, Benoit, Eddie, RVD all followed so I picked them up because there was so much on them I hadn't seen before.

Since then I've picked up a lot of the legends' compilations, usually on a Best Buy/Wal Mart splurge while on holiday in the US - much cheaper than buying them here and even on Silvervision I find.

In terms of PPVs, I think the only one I've ever paid full price for was 'Mania 20, apart from that I only ever pick them up when HMV/GD are having a sale.

Must get them all together for a photo at some point, but I'd say all in all I'm probably around the 50-75 mark.

Now with the tagged classics available those DVDs pre-Judgement Day 2002 (the first WWE PPV) aren't really as rare and valuable as they once were perceived to be.

Some pre WWE DVDs still go for good money on ebay.

A lot of people want the original releases for their collection and I think lot of people have realised at this stage that the tagged classics are just straight VHS to DVD conversions and some of them are awful in terms of video quality.

I don't go near the tagged classics since I bought one (Cant remember the PPVS) and it was like the events had been taped of sky sports years ago the video quality was that bad.

Hey guys, got this from ROH, might be of interest to some of you fine gents:
    ALL IN STOCK 2002-2008 RING OF HONOR DVD’S ONLY $6 EACH!!!
    Don’t miss this special weekend sale running until Monday morning exclusively in the ROH Online Store. It’s time to stock your DVD collection with those missing shows before they’re gone. Over 75 titles are currently included and will remain on sale through the weekend or while supplies last. Click on the link below to see all of the titles that are included:
    http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1#6
    Check out pages 6-12 under “Ring of Honor DVD’s” in the Store to see all items included in this tremendous offer. Sale prices are valid until Monday, May 2nd at 10 AM EST. Offer is only valid on new orders placed at ROHWrestling.com. No adjustments to prior purchases.

Wrestling Road Diaries (and an autographed Colt Cabana pic) was in the post waiting for me when I got in from work just now,just have to watch Extreme Rules and last nights Raw first and I'll be able to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have those bar 15, probably the most rare dvd I have is the limited edition Mania 20 boxset, the one with the photos, the logo pin,and the laminated ticket, its pretty cool.

Advertisement