Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭glenjamin

€7 :D

Gonna put on Taker vs Mankind, Hell in a Cell when I get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Eh vs. Mankind Hell in a Cell match from King of the Ring isn't on that set...

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Undertaker-s-Deadliest-Matches-Limited-Edition-DVD-3-Discs.html
    Two Decades of Destruction

Body Bag Match
    Undertaker vs. Ultimate Warrior
    Madison Square Garden July 1, 1991

Custom Made Coffin

Coffin Match
    Undertaker vs. Kamala
    Survivor Series November 25, 1992

Grim Reaper

Casket Match
    Undertaker vs. Kama
    SummerSlam August 27, 1995

Shadow of Death

Casket Match
    Undertaker vs. King Mabel
    In Your House December 17, 1995

Deranged and Sadistic

Undertaker vs. Mankind
    King of the Ring June 23, 1996

No Boundaries

Boiler Room Brawl
    Undertaker vs. Mankind
    SummerSlam August 18, 1996

Chilling Numbers

Buried Alive Match
    Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Undertaker
    Rock Bottom December 13, 1998

Internal Fires

Inferno Match
    Undertaker vs. Kane
    RAW February 22, 1999

They're the two Mankind matches we get.

Is the one you highlighted not it?

No that's from King of the Ring 1996 which was a different match altogether. The Hell in a Cell match was from King of the Ring 1998 and it's on the Mick Foley DVD which I did see in Golden Discs last week but not sure they have any left.

Bah. Will have to buy that now too.

• Advertisement

Got around to watching the Randy Savage set the last couple of nights.

It would have been nice if there was some type of documentary and some input from the man himself. Matt Sriker is an alright host because he knows his stuff but Maria's not the best.

But after watching the set I didn't mind that there was no documentary because the matches themselves are great. The only match that was bad on the whole set was the last match - A tag match between Macho/Sid Vs Sting/Nash. But overall there is some great matches against the likes of Steamboat, Flair, DDP,a great tag match between Macho/Bret Vs HBK/Flair and he even gets three good matches out of Hogan.

Overall Id highly recommended getting it especially if your a big Macho Man fan like myself.

Golden Discs Jervass St specials:

Image002_thumb_2.jpg

Image002_thumb_2.jpg

Image003_thumb.jpg

Image003_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Image002_thumb_2.jpg Image003_thumb.jpg

Can you remember what year that Insurextion DVD is? It looks like 2002 but a bit too blurry to read the year on it. I went to the show but only ever owned the VHS tape version, so it would be cool to finally pick up the DVD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Charisteas wrote: »
    Can you remember what year that Insurextion DVD is? It looks like 2002 but a bit too blurry to read the year on it. I went to the show but only ever owned the VHS tape version, so it would be cool to finally pick up the DVD.
    That is the 2003 version. Some good deals around in Golden discs nationwide it seems.

Yeah thats definitely insurrextion 2003.

Id like to pick up the HBK DVDs and Saturday nights main event but probably wont get into town till during the week and it looks like theres only 1 or 2 left :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This is whats in my local golden discs sport section. :(

imageukw.jpg

Eh vs. Mankind Hell in a Cell match from King of the Ring isn't on that set...

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Undertaker-s-Deadliest-Matches-Limited-Edition-DVD-3-Discs.html

They're the two Mankind matches we get.

I'm glad with this Undertaker set that most of the matches are from 1996 onwards.

The other 3 disc Taker set has a good few of his matches from pre 1996 and most of his matches from that period are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Id like to pick up the HBK DVDs and Saturday nights main event but probably wont get into town till during the week and it looks like theres only 1 or 2 left :(

You could call them and ask them to hold them back for you for a couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Got around to watching the Randy Savage set the last couple of nights.

It would have been nice if there was some type of documentary and some input from the man himself. Matt Sriker is an alright host because he knows his stuff but Maria's not the best.

But after watching the set I didn't mind that there was no documentary because the matches themselves are great. The only match that was bad on the whole set was the last match - A tag match between Macho/Sid Vs Sting/Nash. But overall there is some great matches against the likes of Steamboat, Flair, DDP,a great tag match between Macho/Bret Vs HBK/Flair and he even gets three good matches out of Hogan.

Overall Id highly recommended getting it especially if your a big Macho Man fan like myself.

Going off topic here but of all of Savage's matches till about 1993, you'd have to look very hard to find a half bad one anywhere. Even in WCW, he had slowed down big time yet he was still able to deliver some big big matches when it counted. It's one DVD I'd have gladly paid the full whack for and I'd consider it good value at that so at €7, it's steal of the year :)

They dont put all stock out on the shelves . I saw about a dozen HBK journey DVD behind the counter.

I can't see all of the SNME DVDs selling out tbh.

Nutgrove has a few but not the 3 discers that Jervis has
    Charisteas wrote: »

It was 2003. 2002 was deleted after the name change and is now onlly available in the tagged classics series
    I'm glad with this Undertaker set that most of the matches are from 1996 onwards.

The other 3 disc Taker set has a good few of his matches from pre 1996 and most of his matches from that period are awful
    In fairness a lot of Taker's match es are mediocre and he doesn't really have that many that you could say are really worth making multiple DVD sets out of.

The Tombstone set only has 2 pre 96 matches iirc

They dont put all stock out on the shelves . I saw about a dozen HBK journey DVD behind the counter.

I can't see all of the SNME DVDs selling out tbh.

Nutgrove has a few but not the 3 discers that Jervis has

I live near nutgrove. Can you remember off the top of your head what DVDs they have?

In fairness a lot of Taker's match es are mediocre and he doesn't really have that many that you could say are really worth making multiple DVD sets out of.

The Tombstone set only has 2 pre 96 matches iirc

Ye you're right just looked up the match listings. Dont know why I thought there was more pre 1996 matches? Just remeber as a kid his absolute ****e matches with Hogan when all he'd do was choke :D

I live near nutgrove. Can you remember off the top of your head what DVDs they have?

Of the 3-discers they had John Cena My Life and WrestleMania 26 definitely. Not sure if there were others.

Then they had loads of 2007-2009 PPVs including the Survivor Series 2009 steelbook - I hear this PPV was decent enough?

Ye you're right just looked up the match listings. Dont know why I thought there was more pre 1996 matches? Just remeber as a kid his absolute ****e matches with Hogan when all he'd do was choke :D

Ah that was only the very early Undertaker years in 1991. I can't think of many - or any? - good matches before his bouts with Mankind almost all of which were fantastic.

In 1997 he had two matches with Vader, one at Royal Rumble and the other at In Your House Canadian Stampede and they were really good matches. Shame they've not made it onto WWE's DVD collections.

If you map his career there's only a dozen or so highlights which were nearly always PPV matches and in latter years were with guys like Kurt Angle or Michaels.

I got the "Deadliest Matches" set just cause it was €7 even though I had most of the matches and a lot of them are quite poor. I'm still horrified that there's three, THREE Big Show maches!!

This is usually the only time I'll buy WWE DVDs when they're this cheap. I also got Greatest Stars of 90s which for €7 is alright but no chance it's worth the sub-€20 it would've cost initially or the sub-€40 HMV shops have it for. Best of Raw 2009 I saw in HMV for €45 and Golden Discs had it for €7!!

The Eddie Guerrero DVD would be well worth it. I don't have the HBK Journey DVD as I have everything on discs 2&3. The WCW DVD isn't great. Poor hack job doucmentary and odd selection of matches.

Picked up Rumble 05 and 06 for €4 each in HMV. Off to Golden Discs now.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Picked up Rumble 05 and 06 for €4 each in HMV. Off to Golden Discs now.
    Take a pic if you can :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Cheers for the heads up on these deals lads. Spent nearly €60 there.

Got WM20, 21 & 26. Brock's Here Comes the Pain, ECW Extreme Rules, Greatest Stars of the 90's, Saturday Nights Main Event, Armageddon 2002 and Eddies Viva la Raza set.

Those were all from Golden discs, may go back and pick up the Undertakers Deadliest Matches and the Ric Flair collection as well. Haven't even gone to HMV yet either!

I must post pics of my collection at some point as well, it's gotten ridiculous at this point :D

• Advertisement

Added Eddie's, Kane's, HBK, and Mania 22 to my collection. No WCW or Macho Man though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Image002_thumb_2.jpg

Image002_thumb_2.jpg

Image003_thumb.jpg

Image003_thumb.jpg
    Why did you remove the pictures of the dvds on offer? Can you re upload them please as I might pop in and pick up a few, and want to see what the have on offer again. cheers

I didn't remove them . I think wthax was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

This is what has been found at various Golden Discs around the country:

3 Disc Specials:
    WrestleMania XXVI
    Undertaker's Deadliest Matches
    The Best Pay-Per-View Matches of 2009/2010
    Rey Mysterio: Big Little Man
    The Greatest Superstars of the 90s
    The Best of Saturday Night's Main Event
    Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology
    The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection
    Batista: I Walk Alone
    Rise & Fall of WCW
    Shawn Michaels - My Journey
    RAW - Best of 2009
    Viva La Raza: The Legacy of Eddie Guerrero
    WrestleMania 21
    WrestleMania XX
    John Cena Experience
    John Cena: My Life
    Macho Madness: Best Of Macho Man
    Twisted & Disturbed Life Of Kane

2 Disc Specials:
    Shawn Michaels - From The Vault
    Mick Foley - Greatest Hits & Misses
    The Most Powerful Families In Professional Wrestling
    ECW - Wrestling's Most Bloodiest Brawls
    Brock Lesnar - Here Comes The Pain
    The Story Of The Four Horsemen
    WrestleMania III

Pay-Per-Views:
    Various events from 2006-2009, including Steel Book editions of Survivor Series & SummerSlam
    Last edited by uwwedoogie; Yesterday at 20:50.

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    This is what has been found at various Golden Discs around the country:
    Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology
    Batista: I Walk Alone

I haven't seen these two. I'd like to get Hart & Soul if it's €7. Has anyone found one in Dublin?

Silvervision also have Edge's Decadence DVD on special. I wonder have any Golden Discs got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I haven't seen these two. I'd like to get Hart & Soul if it's €7. Has anyone found one in Dublin?

The Batista one I saw was in Cork, only one of the shelf and was battered. However I wouldn't buy it if they gave it to me for free. Nothing entertaining about Batista IMO.

Silvervision also have Edge's Decadence DVD on special. I wonder have any Golden Discs got it?

Great heads up on the Edge DVD. £6.99 on Silvervision with free delivery works out at under €8. Just ordered myself one.

Does anybody know of Golden Discs in Limerick? Heading up at the weekend might check out for more offers. Also really looking for the Macho Man and Tag Team one in Cork so if anybody sees them in any Cork stores let me know please.

Sendit.com have a few DVDs for under €5.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/elysium.search?search=wwe&searchFilters=RFZEI2RlcGFydG1lbnQ6ZHZkISZldXJvOzIuMDAgLSAmZXVybzs1LjAwI3NlbmRpdF9FVVJfcHJpY2U6WzIgVE8gNC45OV0h

They also have the like of Wrestling's Highest Flyers for under €10

Edit: Oh they're now charging for delivery.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was in HMV on Henry Street (no WWE DVDs on sale at all) and in Golden Discs in the Jervis St. Rumble 08/09/10, and some random big PPVs (SummerSlam, Series) from 2007-2010 but on the whole, not a great selection. The only thing I'd consider picking up was SNME....(outside the Rumbles of course)

Just picked up HBK:My journey, HBK:From the vault and Royal Rumble 2008 in golden discs in Nutgrove.

Apart from the HBK 3 discer the other 3 discers they had were Wrestlemania 26 and the John Cena 3 Disc (Not his new DVD his older one). also a few PPVs from 2006 - 2010.

Happy that I got the 2 HBK DVDs because its a tiny Golden Discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Ordered Edge's decade of decadence DVD from Silver Vision for €10 incl delivery,pretty decent price!

Advertisement