Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I like the look of this

http://wrestlingroaddiaries.com/

Featuring Colt Cabana, Sal Rinaro and Brian Danielson.

Must see can I get in anywher else, or cheaper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yep, the Mania of WrestleMania is a ~hour long documentary about WrestleMania 19, narrated by Jesse Ventura. It came as a free extra with WrestleMania XX DVD. It's quite hard to come by on the internet though. It's really worth a watch since 19 had tons of backstage stories, centering on Rock/Austin's different paths and Austin and Angle's health problems. If you can find it I'd highly recommend it. It would be great if the True Story of WrestleMania did this for 25 manias....imagine the run time! :p

Nice one. I have this in my dvd collection and never noticed this. I have never even took a disk out the box:o. Just read the back of the box and this is the first thing mentioned on the extras. Will give it a watch later tonight. I see there is a 45 min extra of the top 10 ever wrestlemania matches too.

When i order from Silvervision I normally order on a Thursday night and bar once they arrive the next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

HMV on Grafton St there has a few PPV DVDs for €4. They're various ones from 2005-2006. I picked up One Night Stand 2006 which included the first ECW PPV Barley Legal :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Thought this might be of some use to people here;

Just click the link or enter www.cdwow.com/go/nusextra into your browser.
    £1 Discount is automatically applied to items.

Click discount link then go to http://www.cdwow.com/search?q=wwe&f=class:movies+price_max:4.99&sort=price

Some very good deals there I think. Any to recommend?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow thanks for sharing! there's some serious deals there lol. Although not my fav period from what i see there, there's 2 Royal Rumbles, SSlam 05 was great, Of course the fabulous ONS ppvs (although they're probably heavily edited audio lol)

the AWA DVD is pretty good but i'd only recommend if you're into knowing more about wrestling before Vince took it over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wow thanks for sharing! there's some serious deals there lol. Although not my fav period from what i see there, there's 2 Royal Rumbles, SSlam 05 was great, Of course the fabulous ONS ppvs (although they're probably heavily edited audio lol)

the AWA DVD is pretty good but i'd only recommend if you're into knowing more about wrestling before Vince took it over

I'm finding that rather a lot of the DVD's are region 1 only :(

:confused:

They are all either region 2 or region free PAL, so will work here in ireland fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

:confused:

They are all either region 2 or region free PAL, so will work here in ireland fine.

The WWE ones are but there are a lot of the other DVDs are not; a pity as there are some interesting titles on sale there. Still a good range there in spite of it all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

JAYSUS don't scare me like that!! lol

Was my post completely ignored or misread? You can get most if not all of them cheap DVDs in HMV for €4.

• Advertisement

Was my post completely ignored or misread? You can get most if not all of them cheap DVDs in HMV for €4.
    Not in my local HMV anyways... plus cheaper buying off cdwow, delivered right to your door.

Hmm, possible it's just the Grafton St one but they had a big sign for them and all. They came with inserts that were in Italian I think so it's possible it was stock meant for another market (within Region 2 Europe of course).

Anyways they're sealed, mega cheap and I got some - Judgement Day 2005, New Year's Revolution 2005/2006 and them year's Royal Rumbles.

Got these for four quid each:

51DQMoycNGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg5138W9ZA8BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51Xj-G7M%2BEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg4113WGMSTXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41m91KB8KvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51ZT29QEQ5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg61VVQTG10KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also bought these:

518QZJvh35L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51F16rSHj6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51TC7Z8--ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg51Ei%2BmlmoyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg519No34TsaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg61tc%2BHOCwIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51i2HCCqWCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg615IO8%2BYMDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Picked up the ECW one night stand one too myself and the guy told me, AND I QUOTE:
    "That one is completely outselling the others so far." apparently All the ONS ones were out but there were still a box of the rest of them awaiting to be put out when the numbers go down.

How much was the jericho one?

Are we talking about HMV Grafton St here? They only had a half dozen or so out on the shelf. Though as you say, perhaps they had loads in storage too.

I got Jericho from Silvervision with two others (thus giving me a 10% discount) http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/page1.html.

On its own you can purchase it here for about €11.50 http://www.zavvi.com/dvd/breaking-the-code-behind-the-walls-of-chris-jericho/10282474.html

Yeah, grafton street.

They were to the right around the corner at the top of the stairs.
    When i said "but there were still a box of the rest of them awaiting to be put out" i meant of the other dvds. Not ons.

As I posted a few pages back Golden Discs Jervis St haev a few in for a fiver. Various PPVs from 2002-2008 and Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels from the Vault.

I'm on the hunt for No Mercy 2002. I nearly have all PPVs from 2002-present give or take a dozen or so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Golden discs waterford have various dvds from 2008-2010 for €5 or €7. It seemed the normal PPVs were a fiver and the 3 discs sets were €7. Picked up the excellent One night stand 2008 and WM 26 for €12 total. They had other dvds like WM 23, John Cena My Life, Rey Mysterios 3 disc set with the mask on the front of the cover the 3 disc best ppv matches of 2009-2010 set.
    I have not opened WM 26, and have not seen it before, bought it on impulse really, just wondering is it any good before I open it as if not I can return it later.

You got WrestleMania 26 frmo Golden Discs for €12? Really? Cool, I must head back there and see if I can get that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

No it was €7. €12 for WM 26 and ONS 2008 together. The version of WM 26 was a limited edition 3d case one also.

• Advertisement

The Shawn/Taker match is worth it alone if you havent seen the PPV yet Tinie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

was in golden discs jervis st yesterday
    picked up, 3 discs versions, saturday nights main event, rise and fall of wcw and macho man all 7 euro each and a 3 disc ric flair for 6 euro
    great value
    hmv in blanch have loads of them for 4 euro incl...summerslams and survivor series ones

Golden Discs in town have saturday nights main event, rise and fall of wcw and macho man for €7 :eek:? Wow! Gotta get me back in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why are they selling them so cheap? Just cus its Wrestlemania week??

Silvervision on their site constantly have DVDs at cheaper prices in "Sales". They also supply on to internet traders who flog them cheap. It seems it's only occassionaly once or twice a year that cheap DVDs find their way into the shops vis-a-vis Golden Discs and HMV.

The €4 DVDs in HMV have Italian inserts so I suspect they were surplus stock destined for there or perhaps they were from a distributor or shop that went bust.

Golden Discs is often better than HMV for getting in the cheap WWE DVDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Prolly because the normal prices are fackin exorbitant and they are over stocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Just back from Golden Discs in Dun Laoghaire. Picked up Mania 26, Royal Rumbles 2008, 09, 10, Rey Mysterio and Undertakers DVDs, and Saturday Night's Main Event for a grand total of €46.

Didn't have the WCW DVD, or Macho Man's so might take a trip into town tomorrow.

What Undertaker DVD was it they had?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Deadliest Matches. 3 disc set.

• Advertisement

OOhh goody. How much?

Advertisement