Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options
19899100101102104»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Mid-South was the last one I bought. The new WWEdistributor has had a few sales but nothing like Silvervision so I've passed on buying things for either posterity or the extras.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Mid-South was the last one I bought. The new WWEdistributor has had a few sales but nothing like Silvervision so I've passed on buying things for either posterity or the extras.

Freemantle had a Blu-Ray sale this weekend. About £5 off a title. http://www.wwedvd.co.uk/sale-c-266.html

They also have a "clearance" section.

Freemantle are doing 20% off all their DVDs and blu-rays

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've literally just left Wrestling Mania in Stephens Green shopping centre. I bought their last Copy of the Owen Hart Blu Ray!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I've literally just left Wrestling Mania in Stephens Green shopping centre. I bought their last Copy of the Owen Hart Blu Ray!

Did you make sure it is Region B? I have seen US region items for sale in there before. Scandalous price for a blu-ray in 2015.

It looks to cost about €35 from Freemantle WWEDVD.co.uk which includes their £3 postage charge.

• Advertisement

Did you make sure it is Region B? I have seen US region items for sale in there before. Scandalous price for a blu-ray in 2015.

It looks to cost about €35 from Freemantle WWEDVD.co.uk which includes their £3 postage charge.

Yup, it's Region B & C. I got caught there before with US only region DVD's. Was 38 euro, which I feel was a decent enough price

38? Wow. Nearly four months worth of Network subs. The Stampede footage was taken off of the Network so at least you'll have them matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just out of interest, since you mention Wrestling Mania, are all the t-shirts they sell genuine or are they copies? I bought one last week that I assumed was legit, but on closer inspection I have my doubts

Virtanen wrote: »
    Just out of interest, since you mention Wrestling Mania, are all the t-shirts they sell genuine or are they copies? I bought one last week that I assumed was legit, but on closer inspection I have my doubts

They look legit from browsing, but that being said, i've not examined them in any great detail to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

they are all genuine, they order them from the wwe eurostore wholesale!

• Advertisement

WWE are still producing DVD sets - US and Hardcore title DVDs are coming in a few months.

Does anyone still buy DVDs or Blu-Rays? I just can't justify the cost of buying from Freemantle. We had a good thing going with Silvervision a few years ago when the Euro got you at least £.90p and they were doing loads of deals, offers and then the massive sale at the end.

Find it hard to part with money when the Network is less than a tenner per month (even if the apps suck...)

There are extras they put on the discs that don't find their onto the network but that's not that big an incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Not really, no. The last one I bought was Hart Of Gold. That was only because Owen was one of my all-time favourites from childhood right through til his death. Aside from that the last time I bought anything brand new was when the Silvervision sale was on when they were finishing up with WWE. I'll scan through the sports section if I'm in a 2nd hand shop and see what they have but I even passed by the Daniel Bryan set when I saw it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

WWE are still producing DVD sets - US and Hardcore title DVDs are coming in a few months.

Does anyone still buy DVDs or Blu-Rays? I just can't justify the cost of buying from Freemantle. We had a good thing going with Silvervision a few years ago when the Euro got you at least £.90p and they were doing loads of deals, offers and then the massive sale at the end.

Find it hard to part with money when the Network is less than a tenner per month (even if the apps suck...)

There are extras they put on the discs that don't find their onto the network but that's not that big an incentive

Well I still buy them,ha! In fairness though, there's a great selection on freemantle's site now, some of the releases from last few years are going cheap and they have sales quite regularly(where I pick up most of them). Paying in pounds is cheaper too. And hey, you can always trade them into cex as some stage, for some cash back.

Honestly for me there's a difference between the network and dvds. With dvds theres just a thrill in collecting them and having a keepsake that you can hold,get signed or lend to a mate etc. Also the documentaries are exclusive to dvds, coming to the network maybe a year down the road. You also get the extras you mentioned plus some matches you wont find on the network(yet) all in one neat package. For example there's an attitude era vol.3 title coming out that has tonnes of unreleased matches there. I just prefer to have a stack of titles at the ready for me to watch at my leisure(with no buffering issues). In saying that you'll probably want the network in any case for the live shows.

My advice is just splurge on a few cheap newer dvds and if you get no satisfaction, leave it at that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Crazy prices these days for Wrestling DVD's, did a little shopping on Amazon and got for under 60 euro

Bret Hart Dungeon Collection
    In Your House DVD
    The last Mick Foley DVD
    Best of Clash of Champions
    Best of Great American Bash
    War Games DVD

for that price in any shop in Dublin one WWE DVD or Blu Ray would cost you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I would consider collections that showcase my favourite workers. Like I still made sure to track down a copy of The Dungeon Collection when it got cheap on Amazon there last year. I had a digital copy since it came out but Bret is my all time favourite guy so I was always going to pick up the physical copy at some point. Aside from the documentaries though, there's nothing much that would draw me to buying DVDs. Maybe if there's a collection for Sheamus at some point I might buy that on release date. The next one I can see having a DVD will be a premature Roman Reigns set probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Bought the Best of NXT DVD when it came out a few weeks ago. Having said that I bought it with Amazon vouchers, I don't think I would have handed over any money for it

60quid is a good price for six new 3-disc DVD sets. I haven't come across them at that price and the best of Freemantle's sale just aren't enticing enough for what with the network.

Did anyone get the "After RAW" release? It had stuff, skits, matches and promos taped after the live Raw finished. It looked like fun and probably won't find its way onto the Network in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I would buy WWE DVDs if they were available via digital download.

I am not really a fan of buying physical dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RoseanneC

Wrestling dvds, videos and books

Hi,

I am trying to get sell a load of wrestling dvds, videos and books and am wondering where is the best place to sell them? Is there a dedicated site or shop where I can offload them.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey Roseanne

I've closed the other threads you posted this message in; as a word of warning, repeatedly posting the same message over and over again can be seen as spamming the forum, so I'd advise against that in the future.

In case you missed the replies elsewhere, sites like Ebay or Adverts would be your best bet; check them out and see what others are asking for DVDs, and you should get a better idea of whats the best method to offload them.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement