Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

514%2BNs10d4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Disc One

Small Town Boy

Big Time Athlete

Acromegaly

Sticker Price

The Giant

Welcome to the Big Show

OVW

Bigger and Badder

American Soldier

The Extreme Show

Training with Dodd

Biggest versus the Best

Anything but a Knucklehead

Special Features

Meet the Parents

“You’re the Big Show”

The Rock is First Class

Big Show vs. The Dumpster
    SmackDown – 28th October, 1999

Dearly Departed
    SmackDown – 11th November, 1999

Big Show the Entertainer
    Raw – 3rd April, 2000

The BigFather

Big Show vs. Torrie Wilson’s Car
    SmackDown – 15th April, 2004

Big Show vs. The Jeep
    SmackDown – 24th March, 2005

Triple H Roasts Big Show

Kenny in Knucklehead

Lifestyle Change

Big Show vs. Everyone

Disc Two

Sumo Monster Truck Competition
    The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan
    Halloween Havoc – 29th October, 1995

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
    The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

The Giant vs. Ric Flair
    Nitro – 29th April, 1996

The Giant vs. Sting
    Slamboree – 19th May, 1996

The Giant vs. Lex Luger
    The Great American Bash – 16th June, 1996

Big Show vs. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
    Raw – 22nd March, 1999

WWE Championship Match
    Big Show vs. Undertaker
    Raw – 7th June, 1999

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    Big Show vs. The Rock vs. Triple H
    Survivor Series – 14th November, 1999

Big Show vs. Kurt Angle
    Backlash – 30th April, 2000

WWE Championship Match
    Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar
    Survivor Series – 17th November, 2002

Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio
    Backlash – 27th April, 2003

United States Championship Match
    Big Show vs. Eddie Guerrero
    No Mercy – 19th October, 2003

Big Show Returns!
    SmackDown – 9th September, 2004

Big Show vs. Kurt Angle
    No Mercy – 3rd October, 2004

Disc Three

World Tag Team Championship Match
    Big Show & Kane vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
    Taboo Tuesday – 1st November, 2005

Big Show vs. Triple H
    New Year’s Revolution – 8th January, 2006

ECW Championship Match
    Big Show vs. Rob Van Dam
    ECW – 4th July, 2006

ECW Championship Match
    Big Show vs. Sabu
    SummerSlam – 20th August, 2006

Official Weigh-In for WrestleMania XXIV
    Raw – 10th March, 2008

The Biggest vs. The Best
    Big Show vs. Floyd “Money” Mayweather
    WrestleMania XXIV – 30th March, 2008

Big Show vs. Kofi Kingston
    SmackDown – 10th April, 2009

Big Show vs. Rey Mysterio
    Raw – 20th April, 2009

Unified Tag Team Championship Match
    Big Show & Chris Jericho vs. Batista & Rey Mysterio
    Hell in a Cell – 4th October, 2009

Triple Threat Elimination Tag Team Match for the Unified Tag Team Championship
    Big Show & The Miz vs. Triple H & Shawn Michaels vs. CM Punk & Luke Gallows
    Raw – 8th February, 2010

3-on-1 Handicap Match
    Big Show vs. CM Punk, Luke Gallows & Joseph Mercury
    SummerSlam – 15th August, 2010

One of his best ever matches against Angle and Lesnar at Vengeance 2003 isn't even on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sumo Monster Truck Competition
    The Giant vs. Hulk Hogan

What is that doing on it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The only thing on it worth watching again is him hitting Mysterio strapped to a stretcher against the pole.Although his matches with Lesnar, Benoit & Angle were good.(might have something to do with the opponents that)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The "Cobo Hall" incident is a huge part of wrestling history :pac: I'd be pissed if they left it off! Then again I'd never pay for a Big Sh!t DVD so there ya go.

Can't say i'm not interested in the 5 minutes WWE'll spend on his WCW career though.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/19255/
    --Among the DVDs WWE will be doing this year are True Story of WrestleMania (March 15), Best of Nitro (May 24), Ted DiBiase (June 28), Randy Orton (September 20), 50 Biggest matches in WWE History (November 29) and Austin vs. Rock: the Rivalry (December 13).

Some interesting looking DVD's for this year. You'd wonder why they took so long to get around to making an Orton DVD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Some interesting looking DVD's for this year. You'd wonder why they took so long to get around to making an Orton a Dibiase DVD.

Fixed.;)

The Nitro one will be interesting but they're just as likely to make one taking the p*ss out of WCW as they are to make one showcasing its best stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Quote:
    --Among the DVDs WWE will be doing this year are True Story of WrestleMania (March 15), Best of Nitro (May 24), Ted DiBiase (June 28), Randy Orton (September 20), 50 Biggest matches in WWE History (November 29) and Austin vs. Rock: the Rivalry (December 13).

Hope that's Ted DiBiase Sr and not Jr!

Wonder if Austin and Rock are both going to work with WWE on this DVD, or if they will produce it without them. If both help WWE work on it, then both could be in line for appearances on Raw to promote it. But hell that's almost a year away yet.

flahavaj wrote: »
    The Nitro one will be interesting but they're just as likely to make one taking the p*ss out of WCW as they are to make one showcasing its best stuff.

DDP is hosting it so that alone should make it worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Bubs102

DDP is hosting it so that alone should make it worth getting.

YRG YRG YRG. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The rock vs austin one would be really interesting if they get the rock Dwayne Johnson to make a few comments on it.

Fair enough, the matches alone would be pretty worth it.

• Advertisement

They had some stellar matches; Backlash 1999, WM17, WM19 (were there any more big ones) but the highlight for me would be those amazing promos.

Wait a minute; that was all in the attitude era -- blurred WWF signs everywhere. No thanks :(

(I hate how i'm the only one that gets really annoyed by blurred logos!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jaykhunter wrote: »
    They had some stellar matches; Backlash 1999, WM17, WM19 (were there any more big ones) but the highlight for me would be those amazing promos.

Wait a minute; that was all in the attitude era -- blurred WWF signs everywhere. No thanks :(

it annoys the hell out of me puts me off watching it a bit tbh

It can really wreck my head when most of the match footage isnt from the hard camera.
    You think your watching an episode of road wars if the blur keeps appearing in front of their faces. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

(and hhh even did it again when he came back for his last run!)

He did?

Another reason to pick up Jericho's next book I guess. I was getting it anyway but I'm hoping he'll elaborate on his issues with the Chyna fued cause the DVD makes it look like it's just because she's a she [insert joke here]. Which was the whole point of the fued.

Yeah, HHH mocked Jericho's 2007 return, sarcastically remarking that he was going to save WWE. I'm still allergic to HHH and his c*ntish backstage antics so I remember anything bad when he's involved lol.

John Pollock (of Live Audio Wrestling) went thru a small section of his book, going thru the names Jericho was sent to re-name what is now known as the Walls of Jericho. I won't spoil it; it's bloody hilarious. Pollock mentioned that Jericho is quite candid about his detractors & getting chewed out by Vince over their lies when he first came to the WWF in 1999. Made me think of Braden Walker; how it certainly looked like someone/people had gotten into his head that he was a failure and it got to him. I'm so glad that didn't happen with Jericho; you wouldn't have really noticed it by his promos but dude was getting buried backstage very hard.

If ur interested it's at the very end of Review-a-RAW this week

oh feck it - Y23, The Concluder, The Embarrassor, Jerichronium of Pain....oh man there's another 20 of them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

oh feck it - Y23, The Concluder, The Embarrassor, Jerichronium of Pain....oh man there's another 20 of them :pac:

No Chilly McFreeze? :( "Turn of the Century" is pretty neat but the rest might aswell have come directly from his 1004 holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Why did they want to re-name the Walls Of Jericho?!

I always thought that The Great Walls Of Chyna would have been a good tag-team name for Jericho and Chyna.

And then for Jericho and Miz you could have had ChrisMiz (ho ho ho)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/nWo-Back-in-Black-Diesel-Razor-Ramon-DVD-2-Discs.html

Anyone got this? On sale for €12 on Silvervision tomorrow? Is it worth getting?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/nWo-Back-in-Black-Diesel-Razor-Ramon-DVD-2-Discs.html

Anyone got this? On sale for €12 on Silvervision tomorrow? Is it worth getting?

Wow that's a great price! I can't vouch for the Diesel and Razor sets (I imagine they're just chopped matches down to an hour each) but the nWo Back in Black is an awesome DVD. Of course it has a WWE slant but from an entertainment standpoint it's really great.

Can't go wrong with 12 quid.

I bet 90% of everyone who clicked on the link went "Oh i have that.. I got it with a smackdown game a few years ago...!" :pac:

• Advertisement

Did it come with an SvR title? The WWF one or a butchered WWE one?

Sorry i meant the NWO one.

Got it with Shut your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The NWO DVD is pretty crap anyway. Far too WWE focussed. Well, there is as much WWE as WCW in it, and as we all know, the NWO in WWE was awful.

All this talk about the 2001 royal rumble, the invasion etc etc over the last week has made me want to watch each ppv again from 2001.

The way wwe produce dvd collections such as:
    51gx-a9l7nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51ygTvkWkqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What are the equivalents of the early 2000s?

I don't think they had any back then! You can pick up tagged classics which have the ppvs ur on about but nothing that would have the entire year...if ur looking for that only way is to [yo ho ho, me hearties] them.

Plus these tagged classics have WWF PPVs in all their WWF scratch-logo glory! It's great!

I don't think they had any back then! You can pick up tagged classics which have the ppvs ur on about but nothing that would have the entire year...if ur looking for that only way is to [yo ho ho, me hearties] them.

Plus these tagged classics have WWF PPVs in all their WWF scratch-logo glory! It's great!

I would go the full "Arrrrr", eye patch and all.
    But the amount of time that would take..

The tagged classcs will have to do. I might even have a look at getting each and every ppv dvd separately. Would love if silvervision had a pack or something. :( obviously they dont.

It's not much but I'm pretty sure there's a 10% discount when you order 3 DVDs from them. But yeah. best wait til they're on sale. Or eBay/adverts.ie??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

It's not much but I'm pretty sure there's a 10% discount when you order 3 DVDs from them. But yeah. best wait til they're on sale. Or eBay/adverts.ie??

That is the way to buy them. I have built up a collection of these for very little.

Just now through the special offers you can get
    -Survivor Series 2001 + Vengence 2001
    -Unforgiven 2001 + No Mercy 2001
    -Wrestlemania2000 or that Back in Black one mentioned above

for £24.27 . I always order in sterling as the credit card gives you a better exchange rate than ordering from Silvervision with their prices in euro.

CMpunked if you check back I will have posted some of the deals I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

Got Shawn Micheals 'My Journey' for £15 at CEX in Derry Result!

The guy tried to upsell me a boxset of the first 20 summerslams. Think it was £75 or £80 tempted but just a bit too much

• Advertisement

I know this doesn't both 95% of you, but those WWE Anthology DVD releases blur out the WWF logos and audio-mute the "F" every time WWF is said. That might not sound like much but blurring includes the scratch logo which can be found :
    on the bottom left hand corner of the TV screen
    the turnbuckles
    the apron
    the ref's shirt once or twice
    all title belts
    match graphics
    the titantron (if applicable)
    marquees around the arena
    cameramen's shirts

They're not subtle with how they blur them out (like they just use one big block to do all 3 turnbuckles)

Since we're not in the US, these Silvervision DVDs are direct transfers of the WWF-era home videos previously released (i.e. are intact WWF videos)

I find the audio stream on blurred WW*F*/WWE DVDs passed thru a filter which is worse on the ears!

Advertisement