Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Smart Mark Video is having another 25% off sale on orders over $60.
    Plus they have a new $2 sampler from promotions Smart mark video stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/RCS/2-/13204258/-/Product.html

Seems like a good deal. Best of TNA 2009 region 1 for €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'll probably pick up the Jeff Hardy DVD when it comes out tomorrow.

I'll probably pick up the Jeff Hardy DVD when it comes out tomorrow.

Didn't happen. Stupid HMV haven't ordered it in yet.:mad::mad:

Got the SD 3 Disc 10th Anniversary DVD today though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

how is it?

• Advertisement

how is it?

Pretty good atm. I only started watching there over the past hour so I'm only up to 85 now

Pretty good atm. I only started watching there over the past hour so I'm only up to 85 now

Sweet has been some awesome matches on Smackdown over the years. Has it got the TLC match with Benoit/Jericho or The Angle/Lesnar Ironman matches? they're the ones that really spring to mind

Sweet has been some awesome matches on Smackdown over the years. Has it got the TLC match with Benoit/Jericho or The Angle/Lesnar Ironman matches? they're the ones that really spring to mind

Hopefully the "Iron man" match is on it. I know TLC 3 is on in highlight forum

Ah i didnt realise it was a top 100 countdown of Smackdown moments.. that looks cool..

Iv been pretty disappointed with the WWE dvd's ive seen recently, especially The Rise and Fall of WCW.. That wasnt great at all imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Try to get yourself one of those prepay credit cards. You are being rode buying wwe dvd's in HMV. Even try to give one of your mates with a card the cash and get them to order.

I looked at the WCW ,rise and fall, in there today and they were puting the price up to 44.99 when i was in the shop(liffey valley). You can get it delivered from Silvervision for about 25 euro(ordering in sterling).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Hopefully the "Iron man" match is on it. I know TLC 3 is on in highlight forum

The Iron man match is also on it in highlight form.

I second the recommendation that you sort yourself out to order this stuff online. I ordered the Jeff Hardy set from Silvervision on Sunday night, and it arrived on tuesday morning- 17.99 sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lads, I have deleted the last couple of posts regarding ROH DVDs and the place they were bought. Please do not post anything more on the matter.

The Iron man match is also on it in highlight form.

I second the recommendation that you sort yourself out to order this stuff online. I ordered the Jeff Hardy set from Silvervision on Sunday night, and it arrived on tuesday morning- 17.99 sterling.

Is the Jeff DVD any good?? I read that Disc 1 (the interview with Jeff) is ment to be the best 1 WWE has ever done

Is the Jeff DVD any good?? I read that Disc 1 (the interview with Jeff) is ment to be the best 1 WWE has ever done

I really enjoyed the set (what I've watched so far anyways), but the First Disc could have been alot better. It's pretty short- and only covers his return to the WWE- until his departure last August. So while this completely ignores his career pre-TNA- it also means the more recent run is covered in more detail than expected. Plus, seeing as there was already a Hardy boys set- and Jeff is well catered for on other releases- I guess it makes sense. The other thing is, much of the interview material is completely kayfabed. Still- i enjoyed it- i thought it captured Jeff's character superbly.

The matches across the set are outstanding though- and there's some neat extras. There's one that has their dad playing a tune on the guitar, while a "relaxed" Jeff sings along, and Matt is clearly completely pissed.

I really enjoyed the set (what I've watched so far anyways), but the First Disc could have been alot better. It's pretty short- and only covers his return to the WWE- until his departure last August. So while this completely ignores his career pre-TNA- it also means the more recent run is covered in more detail than expected. Plus, seeing as there was already a Hardy boys set- and Jeff is well catered for on other releases- I guess it makes sense. The other thing is, much of the interview material is completely kayfabed. Still- i enjoyed it- i thought it captured Jeff's character superbly.

The matches across the set are outstanding though- and there's some neat extras. There's one that has their dad playing a tune on the guitar, while a "relaxed" Jeff sings along, and Matt is clearly completely pissed.

I'll be getting that then tomorrow. Thank you:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

I'm thinking of getting new wrestling dvd.
    I've five i'm thinking of. The vince dvd, Eddie viva la raza, The ulitlmate hulk hogan, Hardy boyz and the Tlc.

What ones are good. I the rocks one last weekend not watched it all yet.

was there a big boss man dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

cena wrote: »
    I've five i'm thinking of. The vince dvd, Eddie viva la raza, The ulitlmate hulk hogan, Hardy boyz and the Tlc.

Eddies is a must buy. the Hulk and Ladder Match box sets are also good.
    theres no offical WWE Big boss man DVD. the rock box set is only good for costers IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Brian Pillmans is VERY good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

what does imho mean. The rock dvd was 30 euro.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Brian Pillmans is VERY good

+1 Pillman's is awesome..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

what does imho mean. The rock dvd was 30 euro.

In My Humble Opinion
    i wouldnt pay 3 euro for the rock dvd, let alone 30.

but i prefer wrestling over sports entertainment. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I got the Horsemen dvd in Tower records for 14 euro yesterday. A very good documentary that gives you a great idea as to what exactly they were like.

I thought the Rock DVD was rubbish personally.

Haven't seen The Hardys one, but the new Jeff Hardy set is great, so I imagine the older one is just as good.

TLC- the PPV? I wouldn't get that to be honest- apart from the big Seamus shock, it wasn't anything memorable.

Best of Saturday Nights's Main Event is my favourite of the recent stuff though- it's outstanding. Also, The Bret release is fantastic, and any of the Flair DVDs. Eddie's is a great purchase too.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

cdwow.ie wrote:
    Wwe - Summerslam Anthology

€23.99 Free Delivery

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-anthology/dp/1087065#bc=e98c

Description

For the first time, fans can get all 20 years in one DVD set - more than 60 hours and 200 matches! The first 13 years have
    never been released on DVD. Every big WWE superstar has had a significant moment at SummerSlam, and a number of memorable events have occurred in SummerSlam history, and all are collected here in this Complete Anthology Collector's Edition Cooler!
    Product Details

Number of Discs1Transfer Aspect Ratio4:3Disc Layers1Run Time (minutes)3600Disc PackagingBox setAudio FormatStereo - English, SpanishFilm Rating (Australia)PGYear of release2008Label / StudioWWECD WOW! Sales Rank#1567Media FormatDVD-VideoColour SystemPAL

Either a crazy price or a mistake make of it what you will.

The only thing that makes me iffy about it is its listed at 1 disc

Few folks on another board have taken the chance on it and told me that when it was listed at its orginal price of £142.99 it was also listed as 1 disc.

So dunno fair worth the chance tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

davrho wrote: »
    Try to get yourself one of those prepay credit cards. You are being rode buying wwe dvd's in HMV. Even try to give one of your mates with a card the cash and get them to order.

I looked at the WCW ,rise and fall, in there today and they were puting the price up to 44.99 when i was in the shop(liffey valley). You can get it delivered from Silvervision for about 25 euro(ordering in sterling).

The HMV in Grafton Street has the WCW DVD at €34.99 or €35.99 at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Went for the Summerslam anthology, says Expected to ship within 7-10 days.

I'll let ye know if it was the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

They have the Summerslam set listed twice, the cheap one and I guess the proper price http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-anthology/dp/1479079#bc=50b0 cdwow are crazy with the multiple prices on things. Shame I have no way to order it or I'd try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Pingi wrote: »

Either a crazy price or a mistake make of it what you will.

The only thing that makes me iffy about it is its listed at 1 disc

Few folks on another board have taken the chance on it and told me that when it was listed at its orginal price of £142.99 it was also listed as 1 disc.

So dunno fair worth the chance tho

It's also listed as Region 1 in case some1 missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Hender wrote: »
    It's also listed as Region 1 in case some1 missed that!

Does that mean it works here or not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Does that mean it works here or not?

Most DVD players worth their salt should be multi-regional in this day and age anyway.

Advertisement