Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://rohwrestling.com/shoponline.asp?point=moreinfo&id=3199

products__3199_14.jpg

For anyone who is unfamilair with the work of the great Bryan Danielson, buy this. You will not be dissapointed. I have seen all these matches, and all of them are outstanding.

Surprised by how few matches there are though and also surprised there is no matches Vs Austin Aries or Paul London included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

i second the recommendation for the Danielson disc. Honestly, there could not be a better introduction to the guy- and even if you've never watched ROH, it's a great intro to the company.

Dragon/Morishima was my 2007 MOTY- and Dragon/KENTA and Dragon/Nigel were 1 and 2 on my 2006 list. Can't say enough good things about this release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Few specials on Silvervision : http://www.silvervision.co.uk/category/Special-Offers/
    Tagged classics, WM, ECW SME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Surprised by how few matches there are though and also surprised there is no matches Vs Austin Aries or Paul London included.
    They probably didn't want to put too many on as it'd stop people buying the actual shows the matches are on.

Everyone on here should buy this DVD though, if only to educate themselves in advance of the wrestler of the decade poll.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good deal here from PWG. 5 DVDs for $40 (+ shipping)

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter_deal.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

gimmick wrote: »
    Good deal here from PWG. 5 DVDs for $40 (+ shipping)

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter_deal.html

Any idea on the shipping cost gimmick and recommended titles?

I have the three disc best of, so i assume that knocks out a fair few shows with must buy for this match credentials.
    Was thinking it would be cool maybe to the 1st five shows, if they are on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

jeffk wrote: »
    Any idea on the shipping cost gimmick and recommended titles?

I have the three disc best of, so i assume that knocks out a fair few shows with must buy for this match credentials.
    Was thinking it would be cool maybe to the 1st five shows, if they are on sale?

If you click on the Paypal link to international regions, it's $52.95

If you click on the Paypal link to international regions, it's $52.95

Grand stuff thanks, I was being lazy and new to PWG site for ordering. Least its reasonable postage wise unlike ROH.

Having second thoughts with black Friday drawing close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Tagged Classic Armageddon 2000 and No way Out 2001 arrived.

Pretty good stuff from what i watched so far.

I take it Silvervision have kopped on about paying for dvd's in Sterling to save a few quid. On trying to order it refused to take Sterling and looks for a uk postcode. I just got it delivered to the parents and they posted it over. Anyone else notice this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

when is The Rise and Fall of WCW coming out in shops in overhere?!!
    its been out in the states and online for ages
    :mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

January afaik, silvervision have it advertised that they're the only place that you can buy it in the uk for the rest of 2009

damn

been looking foward to geting it
    not for the feature, but for the matches.

Bola 2007+2008 ordered!!

5 Dvds for less than €37 including postage, i guess it doesn't have to be black Friday to get a great deal on wrestling dvds.

Grand stuff thanks, I was being lazy and new to PWG site for ordering. Least its reasonable postage wise unlike ROH.

Having second thoughts with black Friday drawing close.

I have to take exception to this dude, because I can't agree. Last week I ordered five dvds from them, and the postage was just over a tenner. I've always found the postage really reasonable with them.

For whoever was asking about Rise and Fall of WCW- silvervision had it last time i checked for like £15 sterling- which is awesome. Not exactly sure what you guys would be charged.

I have to take exception to this dude, because I can't agree. Last week I ordered five dvds from them, and the postage was just over a tenner. I've always found the postage really reasonable with them.

For whoever was asking about Rise and Fall of WCW- silvervision had it last time i checked for like £15 sterling- which is awesome. Not exactly sure what you guys would be charged.

Airmail Rates Outside of the United States & Canada

$7.00 for the first item, $2.50 each additional item

Roh 5 Dvds $14.50
    Pwg 5 Dvds $12.95

Ah sure its only $1.55, but sure if you order a few dvds over the year that can add up.

Personally ive only mainly used Roh and the killer with them is say you see a t-shirt on sale you have to pay almost the price of the t-shirt again on postage. Clever way to make people buy more items to save on postage.

Again ive mainly used Roh, I used PWG twice now and chikara only once, so thats my basis on bashing ROh postage costs.

Airmail Rates Outside of the United States & Canada

$7.00 for the first item, $2.50 each additional item

Roh 5 Dvds $14.50
    Pwg 5 Dvds $12.95

Ah sure its only $1.55, but sure if you order a few dvds over the year that can add up.

Personally ive only mainly used Roh and the killer with them is say you see a t-shirt on sale you have to pay almost the price of the t-shirt again on postage. Clever way to make people buy more items to save on postage.

Again ive mainly used Roh, I used PWG twice now and chikara only once, so thats my basis on bashing ROh postage costs.

That's pretty awesome. $14.50 is like less than 9 quid for me. It's a good deal.
    It doesn't work out well if you're buying one item. But you're crazy if you order from ROH outside of their sales, so you should automatically be ordering a few things anways. I've ordered as many as 12 DVDs at once, and the amount you save on the 30%, buy 2 get 1 free etc... make it totally wortwhile.
    Chikara were great in my one experience with them too.

That's pretty awesome. $14.50 is like less than 9 quid for me. It's a good deal.
    It doesn't work out well if you're buying one item. But you're crazy if you order from ROH outside of their sales, so you should automatically be ordering a few things anways. I've ordered as many as 12 DVDs at once, and the amount you save on the 30%, buy 2 get 1 free etc... make it totally wortwhile.
    Chikara were great in my one experience with them too.

I was just on the ole xe.com there,
    $14.50.....€9.74 or £8.60, as usual the pound wins lol

I wouldn't order outside the sale, big ten or black friday for me.
    Its criminal how are shows are $20 and a few months later(or many months) its in the big ten. With Roh we didnt see their tv so it wasnt a must get this show now or else ill get spoilers on tv.

I once ordered 5 wwe dvd sets from amazon and the customs took €18 of me, so ever since then I am careful on ordering to big from the states. I know roh put $5 on customs but i doubt that works if they open it.

Yeah I think all or most people snapped that sampler dvd up and that was plain sailing and fast to arrive.

$14.50.....€9.74 or £8.60, as usual the pound wins lol

Christ really? That's awful..... you should see how much it costs me everytime I'm in Dublin... the exchange from pound to euro is abysmal.

While on the subject of ROH- they're doing a ten dollar sale again atm. There's some good bargains. I'd advise picking up the first supercard of honor... 2 disc set, first DG tag, a near hour-long Danielson/Roderick match, and it'll probably end up out of stock sooner or later.

Christ really? That's awful..... you should see how much it costs me everytime I'm in Dublin... the exchange from pound to euro is abysmal.

While on the subject of ROH- they're doing a ten dollar sale again atm. There's some good bargains. I'd advise picking up the first supercard of honor... 2 disc set, first DG tag, a near hour-long Danielson/Roderick match, and it'll probably end up out of stock sooner or later.

Im with you pal, note to people dont run out of petrol and use € to buy it in newry. Worked out €10 dearer. i hope on one used the newry guess converter on you in Dublin?

I have SOH III and was looking at I and a few moredvs(that dam postal saver thing) but nothing excited me to the point of purchase.
    Like today one PWG, i was like 5 dvds, ok Bola here we go.

Maybe in general im going of wrestling exciting me.

It's £17.99.

What do you mean "you guys" ?

• Advertisement

davrho wrote: »
    Tagged Classic Armageddon 2000 and No way Out 2001 arrived.

Pretty good stuff from what i watched so far.

I take it Silvervision have kopped on about paying for dvd's in Sterling to save a few quid. On trying to order it refused to take Sterling and looks for a uk postcode. I just got it delivered to the parents and they posted it over. Anyone else notice this?

Ah **** off! you're not serious are you?
    I ordered on Monday last week and paid in Stelring not a bother. Their exchange rate is as bad as Play's!! :mad:

WrestlingMania in Stephen's Green in Dublin had a Region2 Silver Vision 15 certified legit copy of it for sale. Hmm... I wonder oh wherever did they get it... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Ah **** off! you're not serious are you?
    I ordered on Monday last week and paid in Stelring not a bother. Their exchange rate is as bad as Play's!! :mad:

Everytime it transferred over to the payment department it came up "postcode error, can not continue"

I have just preordered the king of the ring/invasion to test in in Sterling and it worked? Sorry for giving you the stress.

Could this have been because i tried to order this from the uk to an Irish address?

Thank christ anyway because the price difference is huge.

yeah I avoid ordering online due to websites not recognising my address cos there's no post code, plus postage and packaging charges, plus euro-pound exchange rates
    lol

but I live in Donegal, a drive into Derry and hmv and I get DVDs for a reasonable price

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    It's £17.99.

What do you mean "you guys" ?

I could have sworn it was £14.99 last time i looked- maybe it was error, or maybe i just read wrong. that's still a good price though.

By "you guys" i meant the folk in the South- since I'm in the minority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://http://www.pwinsider.com/article/43072/wwe-to-release-history-of-world-heavyweight-championship-dvd-next-month-complete-details.html?p=1
    World Wrestling Entertainment will release The History of the World Heavyweight championship on 12/1.

The complete features on the DVD are:

Disc 1: Documentary & NWA Matches

Chapters:
    *Origins of Wrestling
    *"An American Hero" Frank Gotch
    *Ed "Strangler" Lewis
    *National Wrestling Alliance
    *Lou Thesz
    *Buddy Rogers
    *New Breed of Champions
    *1970s World Champions
    *A Flair for the Gold
    *Crockett's World Champion
    *NWA to WCW
    *WCW Withdraws From NWA
    *Revolving WCW Champions
    *The Undisputed Championship
    *World Championship Returns
    *Legacy Lives

Matches
    *Chicago 1961 - 2 out of 3 Falls: Pat O'Connor vs. Buddy Rogers
    *Florida 2/11/69 - Gene Kiniski vs. Dory Funk Jr.
    *Florida 12/10/75 - Jack Brisco vs. Terry Funk
    *Florida 8/21/79 - Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes
    *AWA SuperClash - Ric Flair vs. Magnum TA
    *Great American Bash '90 - Ric Flair vs. Sting

Disc 2 - WCW

*Clash of Champions XIV - Ric Flair vs. Scott Steiner
    *Great American Bash '91 - Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham
    *Baltimore 8/2/92 - Vader vs. Ron Simmons
    *WCW Saturday Night 10/16/93 - Vader vs. Ricky Steamboat
    *Halloween Havoc '94 - Career vs. Career Steel Cage Match: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair
    *SuperBrawl VIII - Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan
    *Nitro 7/6/98 - Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg
    *Bash at the Beach '00 - Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T
    *No Mercy '01 - The Rock vs. Chris Jericho

Disc 3 - WWE
    *Unforgiven '02 - Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam
    *Taboo Tuesday '04 - Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
    *No Way Out '06 - Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker
    *SmackDown 4/7/06 - Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton
    *Armageddon '07 - Batista vs. Undertaker vs. Edge
    *Survivor Series '08 - John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
    *Extreme Rules '09 - Ladder Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Definitely worth a purchase to get the matches on Discs 1 and 2 in crystal clear VQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    Definitely worth a purchase to get the matches on Discs 1 and 2 in crystal clear VQ.

And Angle vs. 'Taker from disc three. Really happy that match has made a DVD set.

flahavaj wrote: »

Totally agree, some fantastic, historic stuff there. I would worry that the documentary will be mind-numbingly full of ****- but still a definite must buy for the matches.

absolute must have, for discs 1 and 2, might use disc three as a coaster lol

• Advertisement

I would worry that the documentary will be mind-numbingly full of ****- but still a definite must buy for the matches.

It's almost guaranteed. Did you see the WCW one?

Advertisement