Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    It's almost guaranteed. Did you see the WCW one?

I read all the reviews, inaccurate would be a nice way to describe I think lol

but then, history is written by the winners!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ah feck sake. Just got a Tagged Classic there from Silver Vision and the DVD's awful. There's dropped frames all over the shop! Coupled with the deplorable transfer of WrestleMania 2000 (very dark and VHS static) I gotta wonder how bad the rest of them are.

This is bleedin' rubbish, I'm watching Taker vs. Executioner from IYH 12 (yeah not the greatest but my nostalgia knows no bounds) and it's impossible not to notice. McMahon mentions they're having satellite trouble but I had the VHS and I'm sure it was grand. The other video "tagged" with it - IYH 11 Buried Alive- seems to be ok.

EDIT: Damn! In Your House 15 has the same dropped frame problem. The image doesn't flow properly as it's not at exactly 24 or 25 frames per second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    It's almost guaranteed. Did you see the WCW one?

Not yet- had a choice between that and The Tag Team set, so I went for the latter. I'll see it at some point though! The other thing is, I can imagine their being wayyy too much attention on Flair and Dusty- guys who already have their own sets.

The other thing is, I can imagine their being wayyy too much attention on Flair and Dusty- guys who already have their own sets.

How'd you guess?! Maybe not so much Flair but Dusty seems to be one of the anchors of the damned thing and they sort of skip over the period from '95-'01. There's some archive footage used from other DVDs and Goldberg's put over very strong. Wouldn't be surprised if a DVD for him is in the pipes.

Bishoff and the others involved with the destruction of the company from '95 onwards need to make a doc of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brookie

has any one got summerslam 1991 on DVD for sale? reasonable price ofcoures!! cant get it any were!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

brookie wrote: »
    has any one got summerslam 1991 on DVD for sale? reasonable price ofcoures!! cant get it any were!

Amazon is your friend

My experience with them "Tagged Classics" has been bad. They seem to have cut costs so much that the transfers must've been done by a child with an ill equiped capture card and computer. Dropped frames all over the shop make it look like the wrestlers are stuttering around the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

brookie wrote: »

Tagged classis with ss2000. Its £14.99 from silvervision

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

OK so i'm watching the WCW DVD and at one point they refer to some great matches between Steamboat and Rude so i'm like cool i'll check one out later, So my brother checks the DVD lineup and theres not one, Very annoying

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

EdK wrote: »
    OK so i'm watching the WCW DVD and at one point they refer to some great matches between Steamboat and Rude so i'm like cool i'll check one out later, So my brother checks the DVD lineup and theres not one, Very annoying

****ers!

I was thinking of buying the DVD for over Christmas, would you recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Steamboat/Rude matches were AWESOME. Theres one 30 minute Iron man Match thats out of this world and better than pretty much any Iron Man match WWE ever put on.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    ****ers!

I was thinking of buying the DVD for over Christmas, would you recommend it?

The documentary bit is decent enough even though Vince trying not to be smug makes him even more smug, Alot of the comments are from other previous releases although there are new bits from Jericho, Hayes,Flair,Dusty and even Goldberg and the matches i've watched so far have been pretty good you cant go wrong getting it for about €20 off silvervision or somewhere

The documentary bit is decent enough even though Vince trying not to be smug makes him even more smug, Alot of the comments are from other previous releases although there are new bits from Jericho, Hayes,Flair,Dusty and even Goldberg and the matches i've watched so far have been pretty good you cant go wrong getting it for about €20 off silvervision or somewhere

Cheers. I will keep an eye on prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cheers. I will keep an eye on prices.

I've seen a copy in HMV in Cork for 35e. There was only 1 copy though so I don't know if it's gone now. Also saw the SD 10th anniversary DVD in there. Might pick it up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    Steamboat/Rude matches were AWESOME. Theres one 30 minute Iron man Match thats out of this world and better than pretty much any Iron Man match WWE ever put on.

That's the one they were showing highlights of, they had the talking heads put it over and then when I check it's not even on the DVD. That really annoys me. The few clips they showed of the match looked excellent.

I wouldnt pay €35 for those dvds I understand that people without access to the internet or a credit card may have no choice but WWE DVD shop prices are extortionate to be honest, Silvervision to their credit have brought their prices way down in recent years from £25 or £30 to around £18 and if you buy 3 you get 10% off and a free dvd

I've seen a copy in HMV in Cork for 35e. There was only 1 copy though so I don't know if it's gone now. Also saw the SD 10th anniversary DVD in there. Might pick it up soon

I wouldn't pay that much to e honest. Seems a bit steep.

I wouldnt pay €35 for those dvds I understand that people without access to the internet or a credit card may have no choice but WWE DVD shop prices are extortionate to be honest, Silvervision to their credit have brought their prices way down in recent years from £25 or £30 to around £18 and if you buy 3 you get 10% off and a free dvd

Really?? Man, I need to get a credit card

Really?? Man, I need to get a credit card

Get a 3v card if a credit card isn't an option.

You buy credit like phone credit. They put money on your card in the shop and the slip of paper has the visa number on it. When the money is gone you buy a new slip.

That way you only spend what you have. No need for loads of forms, bills etc.

Google 3v. PTSB supply the card and there is no major process getting one you just fill out a form and its sent to you.

Get a 3v card if a credit card isn't an option.

You buy credit like phone credit. They put money on your card in the shop and the slip of paper has the visa number on it. When the money is gone you buy a new slip.

That way you only spend what you have. No need for loads of forms, bills etc.

Google 3v. PTSB supply the card and there is no major process getting one you just fill out a form and its sent to you.

Thanks, that seems very handy:):)

• Advertisement

Thanks, that seems very handy:):)

But I think there is a fee (small one), my sister uses her 3v card for buying online.

Jesus I sound like i'm 12. I do have a credit card that why I don't have a 3v card. Oh i'm gonna stop now.....

But I think there is a fee (small one), my sister uses her 3v card for buying online.

Jesus I sound like i'm 12. I do have a credit card that why I don't have a 3v card. Oh i'm gonna stop now.....

Consumer advice with DM-ICE:D:D (also, digging yourself into a hole with DM-ICE:D:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That's the one they were showing highlights of, they had the talking heads put it over and then when I check it's not even on the DVD. That really annoys me. The few clips they showed of the match looked excellent.

Never let it be said bah.

FYI

the HMV website has release dates for upcoming WWE DVDs as;

Rise & Fall Of Wcw: 3dvd --11-01-2010

Hulk Hogans Unreleased Collectors Series 3dvd --25-01-2010

Jeff Hardy My Life My Rules 3dvd --08-02-2010

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Did anyone order one of those 5 dvd set deals from PWG?

Im waiting three weeks and still no dvds, I have long received a ROH order from after i ordered the PWG set.

today some websites are saying WWE will be releasing a three-disc DVD set for Shawn Michaels in March.
    The set will contain Shawn’s 25 greatest matches.
    The DVD has a runtime of 540 minutes.

Nice one, never a bad thing to hopefully have another HBK dvd set(yes im a mark for him lol)

Also the jeff hardy dvd bio is one of the best WWE have ever done, just under the hour mark but as close to a shoot as youll get on a wwe dvd.
    I would definitely rate it up there with the 1st HBK as one of the best bios ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

jeffk wrote: »
    Did anyone order one of those 5 dvd set deals from PWG?

I probably should have mentioned that they are a disater to order direct from. I ordered BOLA 2006 years ago, and it took about 8 weeks to deliver. I emailed them and they assured me it had been posted. After a few more emails they got back to me to say the box was still in their "out room".

To be fair though, they gave me a few freebies with my next order.

gimmick wrote: »
    I probably should have mentioned that they are a disater to order direct from. I ordered BOLA 2006 years ago, and it took about 8 weeks to deliver. I emailed them and they assured me it had been posted. After a few more emails they got back to me to say the box was still in their "out room".

To be fair though, they gave me a few freebies with my next order.

Cheers gimmick emailed em yesterday and got this this morning

Hey Jeff,

I actually just shipped your order out. Sorry about the delay. We've
    completely backed up with this holiday deal. Discs went out of stock
    early on, and we had to re-order, which is always a pain with shipping
    in the holidays. You should have your order within 5-10 business days.
    Thanks again, and the deal is still available if you're interested in
    placing another order. Thanks again!

-PWG

I think i got the best of em and had no problems, once they dont drag out into the xmas post im happy.

• Advertisement

re; HBK DVD

i hope they dont repeat too many matches that have already been out on other box sets

Advertisement