Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Does that mean it works here or not?

Wont work on all dvd players but would on most these days I think and should work anyway on a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Wont work on all dvd players but would on most these days I think and should work anyway on a computer.

Sorry to be asking probably dumb questions but would it likely work on an X-box?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Computer is more than likely ok.

Most DVD players arent "set" as Multi Region but can be.

Just find model name/number, google it with words multi region hack after and should set you on your way.

Well that, or get a cheap one on ebay!

Sorry to be asking probably dumb questions but would it likely work on an X-box?

Had a quick google there and it doesn't appear to be but I'm not 100% about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I don't think so, man. Your Xbox will be Region locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

They have the Summerslam set listed twice, the cheap one and I guess the proper price http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-anthology/dp/1479079#bc=50b0 cdwow are crazy with the multiple prices on things. Shame I have no way to order it or I'd try it.

Talk about crazy,No Mercy 2007 on dvd can be yours for....62.99! :eek:

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/Wwe-No-Mercy-2007-NTSC/dp/398817#bc=eecd

Talk about crazy,No Mercy 2007 on dvd can be yours for....62.99! :eek:

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/Wwe-No-Mercy-2007-NTSC/dp/398817#bc=eecd

Yeah Time!!!! (or maybe, actually definately, NO TIME!):mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Price cut again to €15.99 :eek:

I feel robbed

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-anthology/dp/1087065#bc=f8a7

Pingi wrote: »
    Price cut again to €15.99 :eek:

I feel robbed

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-anthology/dp/1087065#bc=f8a7

I wonder, could they be done for false advertising, based on the DVD Cover?

CD-WOW wrote:
    Order Cancellation

Dear Pingu

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order #454050821 for Wwe - Summerslam Anthology (Product code: 12889653)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.

Your order for this item has now been cancelled and a refund will shortly be processed back to the account from where the original payment was debited.

We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service
    support@cd-wow.com

Yet it went from 7-10 day dispatch to 24 hours with a price drop on the site? hmmmmmmmm Think ill order the €15.99 one. No harm in chancing yer arm

• Advertisement

Just nicked the mother's card to give this a shot. Better not up the price again then send it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

They legally can't do that so I wouldn't worry about it. They will just send you an email saying "Misprice blah blah blah, you can order it for the real price of half a million"

Joe Duffy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

The cover of that dvd for 15.99 is summerslam 2008?

Order Cancellation

Dear Vince1357920003,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order #454051037 for Wwe - Summerslam Anthology (Product code: 12889653)

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.

Your order for this item has now been cancelled and a refund will shortly be processed back to the account from where the original payment was debited.

We hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Order Cancellation

Unfortunately despite our very best efforts we are unable to get further stock of this item from our supplier.[/B]

When did you order it? I ordered mine late last night so will likely get a similar email.

joepenguin wrote: »
    When did you order it? I ordered mine late last night so will likely get a similar email.

Last night aswell. Maybe I got in too late, so you could be ok.

Everybody who ordered it at the €24 euro price got it canceled and a full refund.

Anybody who ordered it at €16 is still in order dispatch and the site has it set to "Hurry! Limited Stock" also now the WWE's bestselling dvd on the site.

No harm in chancing it I guess.

Got an email saying my order has been dispatched. Happy days! Would also seem the price has gone up slightly again and the product is currently unavailable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

when are WWE going to release detailes of "Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology"?!
    reports said it would be released april 6th. did they mean 2011? :confused:

• Advertisement

Got an email saying my order has been dispatched. Happy days! Would also seem the price has gone up slightly again and the product is currently unavailable.

Me too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mitchmeister

got my 'summerslam anthology' in the mail today which actually turned out to be summerslam 2008! WTF??? I wouldnt mind but I have that dvd already as I was AT the event! anyone else get it yet? false advertising or what, anyone got a good lawyer?

oh my god im just after looking at the site and realised they had 'summerslam anthology' marked as 16.99 whatever and have 'summerslam 2008' marked as 159.99...RETARDS

http://www.cdwow.ie/DVD/wwe-summerslam-2008/dp/1479079#bc=6e50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

davrho wrote: »
    The cover of that dvd for 15.99 is summerslam 2008?

I was tempted to order myself till I checked the covers on Silvervision.

Still pish all the same for all that thought they had a bargain. Too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/45435/wwe-hall-of-famer-subject-of-next-major-wwe-dvd-project.html?p=1
    As we broke in the PWInsider.com Elite section earlier this week, World Wrestling Entertainment began production on a Ricky Steamboat DVD set two weeks ago.

WWE's production team began doing interviews with talent, including Steamboat for the DVD last week and are currently going through the libraries they own to decide on the best matches.

The hope is to have the DVD ready by late Spring/early Summer. I haven't heard on the format of the DVD yet, but expect it will be at least 2 DVDs.

It's about damn time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Pingi wrote: »
    Me too :D

Well lads, any sign, dying to know if it is what they said!

Also about time for the Stemboat disc, should've happened years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Rewatched the Rise and Fall of WCW today and i take back what i said earlier in the thread, its actually very very good, Although i still think the stuff from 1995 onwards is pretty weak and i think they really skipped some important things,Also the interviews with Bischoff and Hogan are very old. But the stuff pre Nitro is simply phenomenal. Particularly the Jim Crockett Promotions stuff. Also the Matches on the extra 2 discs are awesome.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Well lads, any sign, dying to know if it is what they said!

Haven't got anything yet but if it is wrong I'll be arguing like a greasy mule to get the whole set.

Rewatched the Rise and Fall of WCW today and i take back what i said earlier in the thread, its actually very very good, Although i still think the stuff from 1995 onwards is pretty weak and i think they really skipped some important things,Also the interviews with Bischoff and Hogan are very old. But the stuff pre Nitro is simply phenomenal. Particularly the Jim Crockett Promotions stuff. Also the Matches on the extra 2 discs are awesome.

the matches are the reason to get that one. some good matches on there.
    the feature Doc skips far too much stuff. and it doesn't handle thing chronically. which annoys me about all these WWE sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

the matches are the reason to get that one. some good matches on there.
    the feature Doc skips far too much stuff. and it doesn't handle thing chronically. which annoys me about all these WWE sets.

Yeah the thing that annoyed me was how they focused on the negative stuff more than the good stuff, i guess the one who wins the war is the one who writes the history.

• Advertisement

wwe.com finally have info on the Hart and Soul box set

""The Hart family has long served as Canada’s first family of Sports Entertainment, from patriarch Stu and his Stampede Wrestling and Dungeon, a training site that has produced multiple Hall of Famers, though sons Bret, Owen, on to a new generation of WWE Superstars, The Hart Dynasty. But the family’s journey was never a smooth one, as their accomplishments were often punctuated with devastating tragedies and loss. Now for the first time ever, fans can learn the entire story in Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology. A brand new documentary chronicling more than 5 decades of family lineage is filled with never-before-seen Hart family interviews and supplemented with a dozen matches featuring Bret, Owen, Keith, Bruce, The British Bulldog, The Dynamite Kid, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, The Hart Dynasty, and more!""

nothing on silver vision yet

Advertisement