Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Rumoured title is Jeff Hardy: Living the high life!!!

Anyone pre order the Rise and fall of WcW DVD??

I just ordered it off silvervision.

I actually enjoyed the Monday night war DVD so I'm expecting to enjoy this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 triplehhh

ive seen it already not as good as the rise and fall of ecw bishop dosent comment on it so its all wwe side of the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 triplehhh

has any of you seen GOT HEAT great wrestling doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is the John Cena DVD pack worth a look ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eamo87

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Is the John Cena DVD pack worth a look ?

I haven't seen it myself but friends of mine have and they said it wasn't great.
    Has anyone seen the Kane dvd? I saw it in my local gamestop for 9.99 second hand. Is it worth getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Eamo87 wrote: »
    I haven't seen it myself but friends of mine have and they said it wasn't great.
    Has anyone seen the Kane dvd? I saw it in my local gamestop for 9.99 second hand. Is it worth getting?

I have it(us version) but was pretty disapointed. I was hoping the story of Kane ,when he first came around, would be told better. Instead its in the extras. Dont think i bothered to watch the whole lot of it so that tells a story.

Could have been a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Eamo87 wrote: »

Here's a review of it I did earlier in the year. It is what it is, if that makes sense to you.

http://www.ifight365.com/2009/02/the-dreaded-nerve-hold-review-wwe-the-twisted-disturbed-life-of-kane/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Anyone see the Rise and Fall of WCW? I felt like I was watching a rehash of the Monday Night Wars DVD with a little bit added about the early promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

hey micheal etc read the review....ha whats with the insane negativity before you even watched it!

"When this arrived through my letterbox, I’ll admit… a little teeny bit of bile formed in my mouth. I attempted to pass it back into the hands of the post-man, hoping he’d not wish it upon me, but alas, he’d already trodden onwards. I was left alone with this 3-disc abomination."

ha bit harsh

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »

"When this arrived through my letterbox, I’ll admit… a little teeny bit of bile formed in my mouth. I attempted to pass it back into the hands of the post-man, hoping he’d not wish it upon me, but alas, he’d already trodden onwards. I was left alone with this 3-disc abomination."

Should Michael not have thought about this when he ordered it? This is like me buying the best of Glasgow Rangers dvd.

I dont understand why people pay for material they dont like then take offence to it. How can you possibly be objective in reviewing it?

I liked the Kane story but found the dvd set dissapointing as i said in my previous post.

If you like Kane buy it. If you dont steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

davrho wrote: »
    Should Michael not have thought about this when he ordered it? This is like me buying the best of Glasgow Rangers dvd.

I dont understand why people pay for material they dont like then take offence to it. How can you possibly be objective in reviewing it?

I liked the Kane story but found the dvd set dissapointing as i said in my previous post.

If you like Kane buy it. If you dont steer clear.

my sentiments exactly!

Sigh.

I was sent the DVD for review. Bear in mind that the audience that the website caters for aren't exactly the sort of readers who would necessarily appreciate an entire dvd of Kane. And also,that when It was written, Kane was probably (as he often is), as stale as a a mouldy old crust.

I haven't seen the Rise and Fall of WCW yet- but the post someone made about it is a big part of the reason I might not bother with it, having seen the Monday Night Wars DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I haven't seen the Rise and Fall of WCW yet- but the post someone made about it is a big part of the reason I might not bother with it, having seen the Monday Night Wars DVD.

Its fine, its not the burial that the internet feared and is actually quite respectful of WCW, Nash gets some stick and JJ and Russo are buried pretty hard but thats to be expected. Some of the stuff though such as complaining about Bischoff only caring about ratings and neglecting buyrates is quite ironic though. :eek::confused:
    Goldberg comes across as pretty awesome as well. :eek:

Jeff's new one....
    51RXet6tR9L._SS500_.jpg
    Jeff Hardy has stunned the WWE Universe with amazing highlights in the ring and controversial moments out of it. Now fans can explore both sides fo this unconventional Superstar. Jeff Hardy: My Life, My Rules contains a revelaing documentary packed with never-before-seen interviews from Jeff and both his closest confidants and biggest rivals. Recorded on the eve of beginning a new chapter in his life, Jeff discusses his tumultuous existence in 2008 and 2009, including his astounding rise to both the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships and his challenging personal struggles. Through the 27 matches on this 3-DVD set, fans can retrace Jeff's remarkable career, including a rare match from 1994, his tag team partnership with brother Matt, and battles for the Intercontinental, World Heavyweight and WWE Championships.

Disc 1

Jeff Returns

Jeff and Matt Reunite – The Hardys!

Opportunity Knocks

Dark Days

Road to Redemption

Sacrifice is Rewarded

Brother vs. Brother

Living for the Moment

Jeff’s Omega?

Special Features

• Jeff’s Faves

• Motocross

• Third Gear, Wide Open

• Jeff’s Art Gallery

• Remembering Jack

• The Original Hardy Boy

• Will O’ The Wisp

• Behind the Paint: Jeff Prepares for SummerSlam

• Gas Chamber Ink

• The Hardy Show

Jeff Hardy vs. 1-2-3 Kid
    Superstars – June 25, 1994

Triangle Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship
    The Hardy Boys vs. The Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian
    WrestleMania 2000 – April 2, 2000
    (Alternate Commentary with Jeff and Matt Hardy)

Steel Cage Match for the World Tag Team Championship
    The Hardy Boys vs. Edge & Christian
    Unforgiven – September 24, 2000

Hardcore Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Mike Awesome
    SmackDown! – July 12, 2001

Ladder Match for the Hardcore Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam
    SummerSlam – August 19, 2001

Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy
    Vengeance - December 9, 2001

Jeff Hardy & Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho & Christian
    Raw – February 17, 2003

Disc 2

Jeff Hardy vs. Edge
    Raw – August 21, 2006

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro
    Raw – October 2, 2006

World Tag Team Championship Match
    The Hardys vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
    Backlash – April 29, 2007

#1 Contender’s 4-Way Elimination Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Santino Marella vs. William Regal
    Raw – July 16, 2007

Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin
    Raw – September 17, 2007

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito
    Raw – December 10, 2007

Winner Receives a WWE Championship Title Shot at The Royal Rumble
    Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H
    Armageddon – December 16, 2007

Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
    Raw – January 14, 2008

WWE Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton
    Royal Rumble – January 27, 2008

Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels
    Raw – February 11, 2008

Disc 3

Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga
    One Night Stand: Extreme Rules – June 1, 2008

#1 Contender’s Match for the WWE Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. John Cena
    Raw – June 2, 2009

Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison
    SmackDown! – July 4, 2009

WWE Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H
    No Mercy – October 5, 2008

Extreme Rules Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker
    SmackDown – November 14, 2008

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H vs. Edge
    Armageddon – December 14, 2008

Extreme Rules Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Raw – March 23, 2009

Stretcher Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy
    SmackDown – April 10, 2009

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
    Night of Champions – July 26, 2009

Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
    Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
    SmackDown – August 28, 2009
    [/quote]

For my money, that Jeff DVD looks like a great set- even though a fair bit is very recent. Definitely looking forward to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

no ladder match vs Undertaker in it :(:(...No Purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

callaway92 wrote: »
    no ladder match vs Undertaker in it :(:(...No Purchase

Yeah its a shame as that match is superb. The match list does very seem recent as Michael said which in this scenario is not a bad thing as Jeff's work in the last few years has been great, its incredible how he has improved from the days when he was nothing more than a reckless spot monkey.
    The Dolph match on the set sticks out like a sore thumb though, its basically a quick and very forgettable squash match if I remember correctly from Raw before Mania. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.wwe.com/shop/dvd/?cid=WWESLN0607-03

A John Morrison DVD will be released on February 16th.

http://www.wwe.com/shop/dvd/?cid=WWESLN0607-03

A John Morrison DVD will be released on February 16th.

Jesus, if he's gonna be answering some of the questions from the WWE universe posed so far, we're in for a ****e dvd...
    What was your favorite that you compited in and that you did not compite in?

do you think you could become a world champion someday
    Hi John do you wish you would've beaten Jeff when you 2 had that World heavyweight championship match

And my favourite..
    How did you feel when separated from The Miz?
    It was better to separate from he?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

John Morriosn do you know that the miz is the united states champion? and would you ever team again?

I know this question was asked before their match at Bragging Rights, but bloody hell :D:D:D

Imagine watching the John Morrison DVD in February and have him sitting in a chair saying "The next question is.... John Morriosn do you know that the miz is the united states champion?"

:D

• Advertisement

Received last night:

Wrestlemania 16
    Armageddon 2000/No Way Out 2001
    Wrestlemania 17 (Finally!)

Watched WM16 last night. Definitely not as good as I remember, but it was my first WM. And all I need now is KOTR 2000 and I'll have all the PPVs from 2000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

I have just ordered from Silvervision

Summerslam 02 (one of the best PPVs this decade)
    Piper DVD
    Brian Pillman DVD
    Mr. Perfect DVD
    The Rise and Fall of WCW DVD

And I got Wreslemania 15 DVD and a Stone Cold Steve Austin DVD free with it.

That should keep me going for a few days, cant wait.

Let us know what the Brian Pillman dvd is like. If anyone else has it was it worth it?

Piper and Perfect dvd's are good.

I will probably hold back on the Summerslam 02. Cant be far away from a tagged classic release?

Just ordered In your house 11/12 and 14/15 and survivor series 87/98 for £24 . Not too sure about the quality but at £4 a ppv surely a few gems in amoungst the matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Lone Kimono

Will let you know what I think after I watch it.

Was going to get the Randy Savage DVD but it appears its just matches from throughout his career which is OK except I like when they do a documentary style DVD on their careers.

^^^
    The Macho Man dvd is really tremendous in my book, with some really great promos on top of the matches. There's a bit of background during different chapters depending on how important they view them, and some of this is pretty good. But you're right, the lack of a documentary is very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Summerslam 02 (one of the best PPVs this decade)

DAMN straight. Possibly the best pure wrestling PPV they've ever put on in that almost every match was between two excellent workers. Just shows what talent they had at the time and how good a promotion WWE could have been back then if they based their shows around actual wrestling.

You had Rey/Angle which was an amzing spotfest at the time, Jericho giving Flair by far his best match of that period where Flair was pretty sh*te,Eddy/Edge featuring some supreme working of the arm and psychology from Guerrero(no one else in the world would have thought of hitting the frog splash onto an injured arm like Eddy did, genius), RVD being dragged to the best non-garbage match of his career by the great Benoit, HBK making his STUNNING return to the ring and Rock giving Brock the biggest rub of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    You had Rey/Angle which was an amzing spotfest at the time, ... HBK making his STUNNING return to the ring and Rock giving Brock the biggest rub of his career.

These three matches made the show for me (not to say anything else on the show was bad). It's one of the few WWE PPV's I have on DVD and I couldn't have picked a better show. HBK's performance after four years out was spectacular and I loved the main event. WWE have struggled to get that kind of crowd response and anticipation since.

Received last night:

Wrestlemania 16
    Armageddon 2000/No Way Out 2001
    Wrestlemania 17 (Finally!)

Watched WM16 last night. Definitely not as good as I remember, but it was my first WM. And all I need now is KOTR 2000 and I'll have all the PPVs from 2000

Did you notice the poor picture quality of the WrestleMania 2000 DVD? It was released on DVD years ago but was deleted and for some reason the picture quality of the tagged classic was poorer than the original DVD release. Picture's too dark, a bit grainy and looks like a poor quality VHS tape. I guess they didn't look after the masters too well.

King of the Ring 2000 is absolutely pants. Real bad. Not even Angle winning the tournament could make the show look good. Brisco vs Patterson in a hardcore evening gown match, tables/dumster match and main event were all fairly crap.

I will probably hold back on the Summerslam 02. Cant be far away from a tagged classic release?

The tagged classics are only DVD releases of VHS and DVD releases that were deleted after the WWF/WWE name change. SummerSlam 2002 was released after the name change so that won't be in their tagged classics. They're going to release the UK PPVs Rebellion and Insurrextion after 2002's No Way Out & Backlash.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Did you notice the poor picture quality of the WrestleMania 2000 DVD? It was released on DVD years ago but was deleted and for some reason the picture quality of the tagged classic was poorer than the original DVD release. Picture's too dark, a bit grainy and looks like a poor quality VHS tape. I guess they didn't look after the masters too well.

King of the Ring 2000 is absolutely pants. Real bad. Not even Angle winning the tournament could make the show look good. Brisco vs Patterson in a hardcore evening gown match, tables/dumster match and main event were all fairly crap.

Yeah I noticed the poor picture alright. Rarely see any dvd with picture like that.

KOTR 2000 probably is pants (never saw it the first time round), I'm just trying to get all the dvds from 2000 and 2001. My favourite era of wrestling, when I first started. And now that I think of it, I don't actually have Royal Rumble 2000.

• Advertisement

Yeah I noticed the poor picture alright. Rarely see any dvd with picture like that.

KOTR 2000 probably is pants (never saw it the first time round), I'm just trying to get all the dvds from 2000 and 2001. My favourite era of wrestling, when I first started. And now that I think of it, I don't actually have Royal Rumble 2000.
    I wonder what the picture quality on the WrestleMania X-Seven DVD will be like cause the original DVD release of that was great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_the_Ring#2000
    Even on paper the only decent looking match was Jericho vs. Angle. I can't remember the Tag Titles match being much good.

Advertisement