Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

sky88 wrote: »
    i remember channel 4 used to put on the shows on tape delay and it would start at like 2 instead of 1 god i miss having all the par per views for free

I miss having them PPVs on Sky Sports :( The good ones anyway,the big ones.
    Eamo87 wrote: »
    Yeah it was Y2J v HHH in a last man standing match which was very good if I remember correctly (its been ages since I've seen it).

Undertaker and Angle had a good match as did The Rock and Benoit. As previously posted, the wwf was on fire in 2000 with great ppv's. Was fully loaded shown on channel 4? I think it was but I honestly can't remember.

Channel 4 and WWF had a deal for HEAT and 4 PPVs a year and it was a four year deal. The first was Royal Rumble2000 and apparently they were not very impressed with Mae Young getting her baps out. The deal was ended early in 2002. I think Sky bought it out which is when they started putting PPVs on Box Office. Royal Rumble 20002 was the first of them.

Channel 4's delay and ad breaks was dreadful.

Does anyone know what Silvervision will do when they're finished releasing all the old PPVs on the tagged classics ? I wonder will they release some of the compilation tapes or superstar ones as tagged classics. The Fab4 and Austin's Hell Yeah have been released so far I think. There's loads of others that got lost. I still have some old Silvervision catalogues and there must've been about 150-200 releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    I miss having them PPVs on Sky Sports :( The good ones anyway,the big ones.

Channel 4 and WWF had a deal for HEAT and 4 PPVs a year and it was a four year deal. The first was Royal Rumble2000 and apparently they were not very impressed with Mae Young getting her baps out. The deal was ended early in 2002. I think Sky bought it out which is when they started putting PPVs on Box Office. Royal Rumble 20002 was the first of them.

Channel 4's delay and ad breaks was dreadful.

Does anyone know what Silvervision will do when they're finished releasing all the old PPVs on the tagged classics ? I wonder will they release some of the compilation tapes or superstar ones as tagged classics. The Fab4 and Austin's Hell Yeah have been released so far I think. There's loads of others that got lost. I still have some old Silvervision catalogues and there must've been about 150-200 releases.

Cheers for that info on c4. I knew c4 had a bit of wwf but could not remember the detalis.

Hopefully Silvervision will start releasing WCW and ECW ppv's on tagged classics too. Well, we can hope........

davrho wrote: »
    Hopefully Silvervision will start releasing WCW and ECW ppv's on tagged classics too. Well, we can hope........

Silvervision don't have any rights or any access to the WCW or ECW libraries. They're owned by the WWE and held somewhere in their library building I'm assuming. I doubt the WWE will ever relese any of WCW's or ECW's PPVs or previously released tapes. They like to keep that footage in short supply so that everyone creams their pants when they release something like the "RIse and Fall of WCW/ECW" and all the compilation DVDs.

I'd love to see them release some of WCW's 80s events and the mid-90s ones. Just about all of ECW's library has been released before. The video/audio quality is pretty poor for the pre-98 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought Armageddon 99 was the first one? If I remember correctly, the PPVs Channel 4 had were:

Armageddon 99
    Royal Rumble 2000
    Backlash 2000
    Fully Loaded 2000
    Armageddon 2000
    Royal Rumble 2001
    Backlash 2001
    Invasion 2001 (replaced Fully Loaded)
    Vengence 2001 (replaced Armageddon)

Nope, Armageddon 99 was on Sky Sports. Royal Rumble was the first and it had an ad break. (I used to tape them all :o)

Invasion replaced Fully Loaded only because well, they wanted to have the "invasion" angle thing on a PPV and Vengence replaced Armageddon because of the September 11th thing.

• Advertisement

Nope, Armageddon 99 was on Sky Sports. Royal Rumble was the first and it had an ad break. (I used to tape them all :o)

Invasion replaced Fully Loaded only because well, they wanted to have the "invasion" angle thing on a PPV and Vengence replaced Armageddon because of the September 11th thing.

Oh right. I only started watching before the Royal Rumble, just the way when an ad break was starting/ending the picture they showed looked like Undertaker grabbing someone by the throat I thought maybe that was a clip from Armageddon. Just checked Wikipedia and Taker wasn't in that PPV anyway.

Didn't know the reason behind the Armageddon/Vengence name change. Just thought thats what they do occasionally. Learn something new every day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/41527/wwe-dvd-news-including-new-title-where-wwe-stands-with-the-planned-jeff-hardy-dvd-and-more.html?p=1
    WWE will release a 3 DVD "The History of the World Heavyweight championship" on 12/1.

The original plan for the Jeff Hardy DVD set was to release it on 12/15. There's been rumors internally that the company would hold off on the DVD, but at this point, work is still being done on the production of the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

For sale in the preowned section of Game on Dawson Street in Dublin. €12.99, pretty good deal me thinks. Also includes full HOF ceremony (Ric Flair etc.)

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    For sale in the preowned section of Game on Dawson Street in Dublin. €12.99, pretty good deal me thinks. Also includes full HOF ceremony (Ric Flair etc.)

That is one loooong HOF speech that Flair gives. But its well worth the watch. Plus The Rock is there to induct his father and grandfather too, so overall its pretty watchable. I actually have the other HOF ceremonies to watch yet. Any of them any good?

I'm assuming that's a history of the "big gold belt" ? That had better be a good DVD rather than just a compilation of Triple H moments from 2002!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭digital pimp

Quote:
    WWE will release a 3 DVD "The History of the World Heavyweight championship" on 12/1.

if this includes NWA-WCW it could potentially be an awesome DVD set
    as long as the matches are at least 60% nwa-wcw and 40% wwe

That is one loooong HOF speech that Flair gives. But its well worth the watch. Plus The Rock is there to induct his father and grandfather too, so overall its pretty watchable. I actually have the other HOF ceremonies to watch yet. Any of them any good?

If you like the stories of old and tales of on the road they are good. Some funny stuff and some good learning and a few shockers.

Been at a few of these and always enjoyed them. The only problem i had is the crowd is full of eejits.

I too would enjoy to see the old wcw ppv's. Surely Silvervision could tie up a deal with wwe for european release only. Think i am ruling with the heart and not the head here though.

I too would enjoy to see the old wcw ppv's. Surely Silvervision could tie up a deal with wwe for european release only. Think i am ruling with the heart and not the head here though.

Why could Silvervision not release them in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Sweet, cheers for the info. were there many copies there?

Why could Silvervision not release them in America?

Silvervision only have license to distribute dvd's in Europe(possibly asia, i dont know?). I have a few dvd's brought back from the states and they are released by WWE Home Video.

I am guessing they only show the footage in the states on wwe24/7 and hold the dvd releases back for reasons Alan Rough said.

Has anyone here got any of the 1998 tagged classics ?

Did yis notice the editing/censoring ? The original releases back in the day had some censoring - No Way Out cut out the blood from Trasher's head where he was busted open on the ring steps ; OVer the Edge cut out some of the main event where Austin was busted open.

Not sure if there was others but these tagged classics seem like straight VHS-> DVD copies.

Just got the Smackdown Anniversary one there. It was cheap from Northern Ireland at about £20. I'm not completely won over thus far. Only a half way through disc one. Lots of post WWF stuff, lots of Matt Striker, lots of "meh". I'll wait and see how the rest pans out.

First thing that struck me though was, Rock is kinda sidelined on the front cover and there's no special feature for him - thought there should've been. Another thing, they didn't use the different SmackDown fonts/designs on the discs like for Raw (even though they used RAW is War for the 1993- bit).

These docs are never as good as I hope anyways so I'm always a bit cynical. As ShawnrRaven said a few months ago , 1999-2002 on SmackDown was bloody brilliant. They may have dropped the ball on this one. I'll report back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Sweet, cheers for the info. were there many copies there?

Sorry man only checking in & seeing your msg there now. There were 3 copies, and I took 1 so there were 2 left. I had to look through the used Blu rays to find them ( i wasn't looking specifically fo this, just stumbled upon it!):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Anyone pre order the Rise and fall of WcW DVD??

First wrestling DVD I've bought in a long time.

Looking forward to it but id say it will be no more then WWE taking the piss out of WcW and making out as if they were the best all along.

Hope im wrong.

Looking forward to it but id say it will be no more then WWE taking the piss out of WcW and making out as if they were the best all along.

Not too sure they will take the piss out of a product they hold the rights to . Not good if they want to try and make some cash off them in later years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Bruce Buffer

Not too sure they will take the piss out of a product they hold the rights to . Not good if they want to try and make some cash off them in later years.

Monday night war DVD was completely one sided and made out as if WWE should have never lost in the ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Anyone pre order the Rise and fall of WcW DVD??

First wrestling DVD I've bought in a long time.

Hope im wrong.

You are wrong. :)
    Nash, JJ, and Russo get some criticism but its not the burial that everyone feared. Its not flawless, but its entertaining and was much more respectful of WCW than it needed to be. :)

Monday night war DVD was completely one sided and made out as if WWE should have never lost in the ratings.

The winners take the spoils. You write history the way you want to you win. What did you expect after the heat of the battle? Things have moved on.

The Starcade dvd was a good promtion for WCW so what makes you think they will knock it again.

WCW is being showcased now so I doubt they will go down the same route. They are hardly going to say WCW was always pish now tune in to wwe24/7 for more. I think they are testing the waters to see how much cash they can make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 triplehhh

seen a dvd called got heat its a great doc about real feuds. funny as hell cos the wrestlers give both side of the story and there always conflicting and its up to the veiwer who right and whos wrong. thats all on the first dvd. the second wrestlers give an opinion on a wrestler.the highlight of the second dvd is what the new age outlaws would like to do if they met triple h again. and the iron shiek just about hates everybody. esscental veiwing if you like the behind the scenes.

Jo Mo is getting a career DVD.:eek:
    WWEUniverse.com are taking questions for John Morrison, some of which will be answered on his DVD coming out February 16
    http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/701/20559837/WWE_Home_Video_Ask_John_Morrison
    http://www.pwinsider.com/article/42066/john-morrison-wwe-dvd-set-for-next-year-wwe-adds-an-ultimate-alumni-rvd-and-more.html?p=1

watched the rise and fall of wcw wasnt as good as the rise and fall of ecw bishop and hogan comments would have made it a better dvd. there were the main factors in making wcw popular. thats my opinion anyway what does anybody else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

gimmick wrote: »
    A bit soon isn't it?

It is but to be fair the guy has had some awesome matches over the years. I expect Jeff and Punk to be all over this as well. They really should hurry up with the Jericho DVD as well. :o

i'm a bit suprised they havent gone with a jeff hardy dvd.

• Advertisement

I think they are doing a Jeff Hardy one. Due before the end of the year I think

Advertisement