Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thinking about putting an order in from myprotein, can anyone have any recommendations on flavours for the True Whey? Was half thinking of either Banana Cream, Toffee Fudge or Cookies and Cream. So any feedback on these flavours is much appreciated

I've only had the toffee - it was lovely though, but quite sweet, some people don't like that and find it a bit sickly.

Choc. Mint is truly the business though - just like after eights and mint cornettos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I've only had the toffee - it was lovely though, but quite sweet, some people don't like that and find it a bit sickly.

Choc. Mint is truly the business though - just like after eights and mint cornettos :)

Thanks, i was actually more so thinking of going for the Toffee fudge over the other two! :)

They have samples on the site so might get some samples of the other flavours to try anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Link to samples plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mousey07

yesterday bought new whey protein but one problem i was to busy talking and jus open the seal of the tub to realise it was the wrong flavour..

anyway its choclate flavour not the worst but if im doing 2 a day any tips how 2 add flavour ? dont mind just having to drink it but dont want to dislike it after just 2 weeks if use get me? thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Hi Mate,

If it's already flavoured your options imo are limited.

You can experiement with water vs milk and the ratio of powder to liquid.

Personally I would go 1:9/10 as in 50grams whey 450-500ml liquid.

It's all personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Chocolate is not the worst. You can use a bit of coffee to make it Mocha flavour. Or add some vanilla extract or mint extract to ring the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Thinking about putting an order in from myprotein, can anyone have any recommendations on flavours for the True Whey? Was half thinking of either Banana Cream, Toffee Fudge or Cookies and Cream. So any feedback on these flavours is much appreciated

cookies and cream is quite sickly

toffee is ok

banana is lovely

chocolate orange is rank

strawberry is nice

choc mint is nice.

i took a tub of toffee and banana and mixed them to make BANOFFEE flabour whey
    tastes great!

toffee is ok

banana is lovely

chocolate orange is rank

strawberry is nice

choc mint is nice.

tastes great!

Cheers Liam, i actually have my Oats shake in the morning with Vanilla and throw a banana in there too, tastes like Banoffee pie! :D. If i get toffee whey instead it should be interesting how it will taste

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mousey07

cheers for that lads ill give that a try.!

anyway its not the worst ill finish this tub and then make sure i pick the right flavour next time ha..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Kinetica does taste good but it played havoc with my insides. Took the choc whey and spent the night on the toilet. Horrible horrible experience so i will never touch it again. I'm going back to ON 100% gold which is now an irish company.

+1

Glan bia is behind it at the moment. Irish distributors coming on board for them soon!

100% Gold Mint choc.....f**kin delish man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ak1

Hey, was thinking of giving Bio Synergy Creatine Plus capsules a go to help me slightly bulk up and shed that last bit of fat.

Has anyone ever tried it or have any feedback on it??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Kinetica does taste good but it played havoc with my insides. Took the choc whey and spent the night on the toilet. Horrible horrible experience so i will never touch it again. I'm going back to ON 100% gold which is now an irish company.

There protein is terrible, extremely poor quality protein, majority of it just concentrate stuff with a tiny bit of isolate. There recovery product is good but Kinetica is miles behind any decent supplements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Afternoon all,

I’ve just started my new work out at the gym after the past few months of getting the body ready to start putting a little size on me.

After the work out I nearly died, and had the shakes! I drove home and sat in front of the fridge and ate for a while. Stabilized the body and then sat and chilled out.
    After speaking with gym instructor, he said the shakes were due to my muscles crying out for some protein. So I need to get me some whey Protein. The trouble is I have read too much and am now confused as to which one. So a little advice please.

I’m 6ft and slim build, and I’m looking to put on some size, so looking for something that will help with gaining some weight as well.

Thanks in advance,

Apip

Apip99 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

I’ve just started my new work out at the gym after the past few months of getting the body ready to start putting a little size on me.

I’m 6ft and slim build, and I’m looking to put on some size, so looking for something that will help with gaining some weight as well.

Thanks in advance,

Apip

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/protein-supplements/true-whey-(5lb)/

use the code in my sig if you like to get a discount.

this is great stuff.
    nicest flasvours in my opinion are choc mint, strawberry and banana

have a shake mixed with water before and after training
    and have one mixed with milk before bed.

Cheers buddy. Great prices on the site as well. Although it keeps asking me to insert post code! I've emailed them to see what the story is.

Cheers buddy. Great prices on the site as well. Although it keeps asking me to insert post code! I've emailed them to see what the story is.

ah yeah, that always happens.
    they'll sort it out for you to have an account without a postcode.

delivery is cheap too.
    hope training goes well for ya and that you put on that bit of size you are looking for.

Thanks a million.

All going very well. Wife has noticed the differance is delighted ;) And my slim fit shirts are no longer an option. God knows what'll happen with some more protein and a harder workout!.

I'll post results in a few weeks..... If I'm still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

00000 should work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

a few people mentioned the 0000 to me too, but it didnt work .. they created my account within 30 minutes of emailing them though:)

• Advertisement

00000 didn't work, but they have said to email my details and they will set up acocunt.. LOL, just got an email notification from them saying all done.

Quick work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭TrueMass

d-gal wrote: »
    There protein is terrible, extremely poor quality protein, majority of it just concentrate stuff with a tiny bit of isolate. There recovery product is good but Kinetica is miles behind any decent supplements

Did you run a protein to test the isolate levels? Its 76% as is with moisture. And the quality cant questioned as they are made by a huge Dairy????

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

Anyone tried the MP Recovery? Is it similar to RAM?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

I recently started using mp, they are great. Took 2 days to get my order to Ireland. True Whey is just like Reflex Instant whey, but better in my opinion, and has less fat.

Use my referral code if you havent used any of the ones on here already.
    Thanks

MP162929 5% discount

toffee is ok

banana is lovely

chocolate orange is rank

strawberry is nice

choc mint is nice.

tastes great!

anyone tried raspberry ripple, will get a sample with my next order. The choc mint is much nicer than Reflex instant whey, much more subtle flavour and not as sweet.
    www.myprotein.co.uk use MP162929 5% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thinking of getting some Creatine Ethyl Ester from myprotein with my next shippment. I've never tried Creatine before.

Is there any point in using Creatine if you're trying to reduce some bf% (while still lifting heavy). I was thinking of trying it on a calorie deficit. Is this pointless?

Sangre wrote: »
    Thinking of getting some Creatine Ethyl Ester from myprotein with my next shippment. I've never tried Creatine before.

Is there any point in using Creatine if you're trying to reduce some bf% (while still lifting heavy). I was thinking of trying it on a calorie deficit. Is this pointless?

generally when someone is 'cutting' or in your case reducing body fat, creatine could be left out, reason being it increases your weight, with water.

However in my personal opinion, you want to lose body fat, so by lifting heavier weights you will have a more intense workout, therefore you will lose bodyfat, you might not notice it if you take creatine but once you are off cycle of creatine then you will see you have lost bodyfat. I did it myself. 2 months on creatine(creapure mono from my protein, just 4-5 grams a day, on workout days take 2-4gm before workout and 2-4g after) worked hard, went off cycle of creatine and noticed i had lost a lot of fat on my belly. Thats just my opinion and what worked for me, everyone is different with creatine. havent tried CEE but heard good things about it. Also My protein is great, they have everythign you need. Send them an email and im sure they will advise you further. In summary, take the creatine, reduce calories but reduce them bit by bit so you dont hit a wall. and try some HIT cardio too.

Good luck with everything, hopefully someone else can give their opinion and help you out.

www.myprotein.co.uk use MP162929 5% discount off first order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SarahJane23

I bought Maximuscle promax and cyclone for my boyfriend, both tubs were 35 euro each. I got them in health and fitness down near munroes. Compared to everygreen where he normally gets them they were way cheaper and holland and barrett were buy 1 get 1 half price, 1 there was 50 euro so 2 was working out at 75 euro ...... go me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Folks,

Just wondering if Myprotein has a product similar to Nutrition X XXX?

• Advertisement

Hi guys, i am the owner of 1 of Irelands fastest growing websites. We supply sports nutrition throughout Ireland. Kinetica whey protein is becoming a very popular product for us. We shift on average 60 tubs a week. I have never received a complaint either online or in are store. I don't want to run any brand down, yes some are better than others but i take my hat off too guys who are trying to make improvements. With supplements you will often find what suits you may not suit the next guy. We had a customer today return a tub of cyclone as it didn't taste right. He took with him a tub he bought previously, both where identical. Yet to him they tasted completely different.

I want to stress i have no affiliation with any particular brand, like any new brand i receive samples, i hand them out amongst are customers and wait for the feedback. If its good we give the brand a chance. We put are efforts in to educating ourselves on that brand so we can then relay the benefits to are consumers.

90% feedback will concern taste and whether it has good taste or not. Personally taste is not an issue for me, it's whether or not the product actually works.

If you would like advice on any particular brand don't hesitate to contact nicola@musclesupplements.ie or call into Health&Fitness Ireland and speak to myself or John.

<p>
    kinetica is overpriced in my opinion. True whey is better, by a mile.
    <P>

isnt advertising against forum rules?? :rolleyes:

Advertisement