Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Col_Loki wrote: »
    Why not just have the dry powder in the shaker and add water when you are finished your workout? (I assume most would have a separate water bottle).

I have had the displeasure of smelling a protein shake after it had been left to its own devices for a few days.....dead animal is right. After that I prefer not to risk my container breaking in my gym bag while its mixed.

SmartShaker works too, pretty handy device.

Some people would be taking preworkouts / BCAAs as well as their protein. So that'd involve bringing around 2/3 shakers possibly. To be honest I just use ziplock bags but had a Core Shaker and it was handy.

Oisín

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Putting the protein in before the water means it clumps and sticks to the bottom of the shaker. I got a few screw lid tubs in the pound shop ages ago, they hold two scoops if I compact it well with the scoop. I got some myprotein towers for travelling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I use a smoothie maker when I make shakes, don't have to worry about lumps and can add it bits of fruit if I wish. Just a lot of hassle cleaning it etc which is why I was curious about whether or not it was a good idea to make batches of them in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Missed a delivery from MYprotein yesterday,tracker says it has gone back to depot.
    Anyone know where the depot for Tipperary (clonmel) deliveries is?Highly likely i will miss delivery Monday due to work

DPDUK is the courier company...

www.dpd.ie/index.php/tipperary-south I'm assuming Tipp South would be it?

• Advertisement

PS I've always found DPD to be really good with diverting to a work address or leaving something in a secure shed if I phone. Cork depot though so YMMV. Is there a parcel motel near you? I send all of my too big to fit through letter box orders to that now and it means getting the cheaper offers on the uk myprotein as well.

www.dpd.ie/index.php/tipperary-south I'm assuming Tipp South would be it?

Excellent,thanks for that,Cashel is 25mins ish from me and will contact them first thing Monday.
    There is a parcel motel in the town but i have never used it,unsure of how too without sounding like an idiot!

You just need to register with parcelmotel.com (first two goes are free!), it gives you an account number PMxxxx. When you order online you input your address as name, PMxxxx, depot address (NI if ordering from UK for cheap shipping, Finglas if it doesn't matter eg big box from amazon). The package is delivered to the depot and then to the motel of your choice and they send you a code by text when it arrives. You just type you mobile number and code into the parcel motel computer and a door swings open with your package. It's €3.50 per 48hrs so the postage savings are great never mind the ease of having big packages going there. I don't drive so picking something up from the local sorting office was a €10 round trip. There's a parcel motel across the road from work now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Is anyone having issues with Myproteins website? I can't order anything. Dunno if its just on firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues with Myproteins website? I can't order anything. Dunno if its just on firefox.

Doesn't look like they deliver to Ireland anymore :confused:?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

shakedown wrote: »
    Doesn't look like they deliver to Ireland anymore :confused:?

Go to http://ie.myprotein.com instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

KTRIC wrote: »

Ah good stuff, thanks. Strange that there is no reference/link to it from the main site - or at least none that I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I hate to drag up a topic i hate seeing brought up time and time and time again on this thread but i ordered off myProtein for the first time in over a year or so last Thursday (apprehensively i might add!) as i wanted some tribulus and i couldn't find any on bulk powders and for all the moaning i've seen my delivery arrived today bright and early! ...just saying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I hate to drag up a topic i hate seeing brought up time and time and time again on this thread but i ordered off myProtein for the first time in over a year or so last Thursday (apprehensively i might add!) as i wanted some tribulus and i couldn't find any on bulk powders and for all the moaning i've seen my delivery arrived today bright and early! ...just saying!

Thought that was banned and illegal in Ireland?

Got my delivery today so onto the Whey and Creatine i go...see how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thought that was banned and illegal in Ireland?

Its not banned as such. Its just not not permitted for sale in food or food supplement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Its not banned as such. Its just not not permitted for sale in food or food supplement.

Is it really as good as they say

Wiki says no study proves any worth, but if it's useless why is it banned? they probly just banned it because they got tired of labelling it with 50 different names.
    Some body builders use T. terrestris as post cycle therapy or "PCT".[citation needed] After they have completed an anabolic-steroid cycle, they use it under the assumption that it will restore the body's natural testosterone levels.

The extract is claimed to increase the body's natural testosterone levels and thereby improve male sexual performance and help build muscle. Its purported muscle-building potential was popularized by American IFBB bodybuilding champion Jeffrey Petermann in the early 1970s. However, T. terrestris has failed to increase testosterone levels in controlled studies.[10][11][12] It has also failed to demonstrate strength-enhancing properties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulus_terrestris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I bought 60 or 70% protodioscin Tribulus from Ebay last year and it was great and there was no issue with customs. It was labelled as Tribulus Terrestris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is it really as good as they say

As far as a "natural test booster" i would say its useless, there is no such thing really, at least nothing that would significantly raise your test levels to the point where you would see much gains. I just like it for the libido increase i get off it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Missed my own delivery from myprotein today, it will be Wednesday now before I get to pick up my delivery of intstant oats easy way to add some calories to my diet and inulin.

I got my first order off of myprotein yesterday, and It's also my last order, I got sent wrong flavours on everything. good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Zombienosh wrote: »
    I got my first order off of myprotein yesterday, and It's also my last order, I got sent wrong flavours on everything. good job.

What did you order and what arrived?

Anything I ordered came as Unflavoured, I emailed them and they basically said tough ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say I've ordered off them three times and never had any issues everything has been spot on.

Did get completely the wrong order of discount supplements though not even close to what I ordered but admittedly once I rang they couldnt apologise enough and when I went and collected my order today they had thrown in some free stuff to.

For aynone looking for wheyhey ice cream I asked in the Clondalkin store were they stocking it and was told it would be in stock on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I just received my first order from The Protein Works. Heard insanely good things about them - seem to be causing a stir, so thought I'd change from myprotein and buy into the hype! Some really great flavours on offer too. I got Jaffa Cake / Butterscotch and a free sample of choc mint. I live in London, but I'm presuming they deliver to Ireland. I tried the butterscotch yesterday mixed in with some fat free greek yoghurt. Tasted great.

http://www.theproteinworks.com/

If you use my referral code you can get a free 250g sample with your first order sS20161

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

vard wrote: »
    I just received my first order from The Protein Works. Heard insanely good things about them - seem to be causing a stir, so thought I'd change from myprotein and buy into the hype! Some really great flavours on offer too. I got Jaffa Cake / Butterscotch and a free sample of choc mint. I live in London, but I'm presuming they deliver to Ireland. I tried the butterscotch yesterday mixed in with some fat free greek yoghurt. Tasted great.

http://www.theproteinworks.com/

If you use my referral code you can get a free 250g sample with your first order sS20161

I don't see anything on their site about deliveries to Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

TPW do deliver to Ireland via Parcel Motel.

I ordered Choc mint off them(4kg) and a Jaffa Cake sample. I thought Choc mint is usually fairly standard, move i've tried have been delicious but TPW one is absolutely muck in my opinion, so with one scoop taken out of it i've 4kg still sitting here about 3 weeks later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

KTRIC wrote: »
    I don't see anything on their site about deliveries to Ireland though.

They deliver to Ireland for 6.99 via DPD.

EDIT: taste is subjective. Loads love cherry bakewell. I feel like I'm the only one on UKM who doesn't. I like their choc mint but hate other brands so like I said subjective. Rhubarb & custard is delish imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

blue raspberry carnivor has turned my poo green/blue.
    frightening tbh.

Advertisement