Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Not looked at product at al but there is nothing wrong with a 70 percent product. Half the product claiming 80 percent are actually closer to 70 as they often calculate on a dry basis rather than an as is basic, before flavouring and also make full use if the allowable margins of error (of course the product claiming 70 could also use the same tricks). Either way the difference between 70 or 80 percent product is negligible

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Mac-Chops

xgtdec wrote: »
    Im using carnivor chocolate and love it......blue raspberry...well ya should have known better:p

Considering picking a batch of this up next. Have heard good things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Anyone have any alternatives to an EC stack as ephedrine appears to be illegal over here?

What's the best easily obtainable substitute for ephedrine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Where is the best place to get unflavoured whey these days? Had a look on thesupplementfactory.com and was surprised to see that they no longer do unflavoured. Looking for stuff to mix with fruit in a shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone ever taken L-Tyrosine?

Heard it could be used as a pre workout?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Those prices are quite poor for what they seem to have in stock.
    Anyone have any alternatives to an EC stack as ephedrine appears to be illegal over here?

What's the best easily obtainable substitute for ephedrine?

I'd advise you to do some research into the dangers of ephedrine and substitutes if you haven't already, but products containing Synephrine should be easy enough to find.
    Where is the best place to get unflavoured whey these days? Had a look on thesupplementfactory.com and was surprised to see that they no longer do unflavoured. Looking for stuff to mix with fruit in a shake.

The Protein Works, MyProtein or BulkPowders

http://www.theproteinworks.com/
    http://ie.myprotein.com/home.dept
    http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/

Oisín

Oisinjm wrote: »

I'd advise you to do some research into the dangers of ephedrine and substitutes if you haven't already, but products containing Synephrine should be easy enough to find.

Thanks, I'm in the research phase now, looking at a 10 day PSMF diet in a week or too so I wouldnt be on it for long anyway. I'll check out Synephrine. Is it available in Dublin as is or would it just be the main ingredient in one of the commercial supps you find in stores?

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm in the research phase now, looking at a 10 day PSMF diet in a week or too so I wouldnt be on it for long anyway. I'll check out Synephrine. Is it available in Dublin as is or would it just be the main ingredient in one of the commercial supps you find in stores?

I've only ever seen it as a main ingredient in fat burners to be honest but I'm sure it can be got on it's own. It isn't as strong/effective as ephedrine from what I've read.

Try in any of the big supplement shops and if you can't find it anywhere PM me. I'll be able to order it in to the shop I work in. It'll just take a week or so.

Oisín

Oisinjm wrote: »
    I've only ever seen it as a main ingredient in fat burners to be honest but I'm sure it can be got on it's own. It isn't as strong/effective as ephedrine from what I've read.

Try in any of the big supplement shops and if you can't find it anywhere PM me. I'll be able to order it in to the shop I work in. It'll just take a week or so.

Oisín

I'm unsure as yet if I actually even need it or if a regular fat burner will suffice. I'm basically looking for something to compliment a PSMF diet. It's recommended to take Caffeine and Ephedrine along with fish oil and a multivitamin during the diet.

Do you think a regular fat burner can replace the caffeine and ephedrine, I accept it may not be as good but that's fine. Or would a fat burner only replace the Ephedrine leaving it necessary to get caffeine capsules too. However, I'm aware that there is plenty of caffeine in fat burners anyway so that is probably my answer.

If a fat burner is an adequate replacement, is there any you recommend whilst on PSMF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

10% off at bulkpowders

forum.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Ordered some ProteinWorks Chocolate Mint... tastes like complete arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

NoQuarter wrote: »
    I'm unsure as yet if I actually even need it or if a regular fat burner will suffice. I'm basically looking for something to compliment a PSMF diet. It's recommended to take Caffeine and Ephedrine along with fish oil and a multivitamin during the diet.

Do you think a regular fat burner can replace the caffeine and ephedrine, I accept it may not be as good but that's fine. Or would a fat burner only replace the Ephedrine leaving it necessary to get caffeine capsules too. However, I'm aware that there is plenty of caffeine in fat burners anyway so that is probably my answer.

If a fat burner is an adequate replacement, is there any you recommend whilst on PSMF?

to be honest you're wasting your time with anything other than pure ephedrine, the derivatives etc have little to no effect. best advice is just use caffeine, slowly build up a tolerance to 600mg per day, spread out. make sure you dont have any heart/blood pressure issues

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

As a beginner to weight lifting should I be taking protein supplements already, my diet doesnt reach the required protein intake. Should I wait a while before starting or start straight away? Apologies if it has been asked before, im new to the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

LPD10 - £10 off your order with Bulkpowders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mr.Fun wrote: »
    As a beginner to weight lifting should I be taking protein supplements already, my diet doesnt reach the required protein intake. Should I wait a while before starting or start straight away? Apologies if it has been asked before, im new to the scene

If you can't squeeze it not your normal diet then sure, take them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Have taken Agmatine and Citrulline Malate as preworkout on and off for about a month now. best pumps ive ever had from a preworkout.

1-2g Agmatine + 3-4g Citrulline. Sometimes add 2-3g Taurine.

It's especially handy for evening workouts if you dont want a stim in your preworkout which would interfere with sleep.

100g Agmatine €25 (50+workouts)
    100g Citrulline Malate €12 (25workouts)

recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Just got my first delivery from the protein works and I'm very happy. 4kg of vanilla and 250g of jaffa cake. I've only tried the vanilla so far and I have no complaints. It has a very fine consistency and mixes very easily.

Delivery was very fast as well, ordered on the 21st and received it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

What are peoples opinions on protein blends? they seem to be getting bigger these days.
    I like blends, some people just want whey isolate, I think sometimes the worry with blends is that it's of a lesser quality? But I like the idea of combining different protein sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all

Looking for some advice with regards to pre-workouts...

I'd like to advice anything loaded with sugar, what I'm looking for is just something that will just give me a little focus and a bit of a boost, ideally I'll be hitting the gym before work, my sessions will last around 45-60 minutes, will mainly be lifting as I'll plan on doing my cardio work after work or on days I'm not lifting.

I was thinking of a couple of options

Option 1: Tyrosine + BCAA
    Option 2: Pre Made Pre Workout
    Option 3: Stimulate based Thermogenic

I'd just like some advice on the matter

Cheers in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

I got SAW anabolic pre workout and when I take it I feel so focused on my lifting. I haven't tried any other but this was awesome.

The beta alanine tingly feeling did where off after a few weeks but the focus is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

This may be a slightly daft question but when making protein shakes, can you just make a big batch and use them throughout the day? Or do you need to consume them within a certain period to get the most out of them?

A mate of mine believes that because I have my shake made before I go to the gym that I don't get the everything outta it. He has no reasoning though:pac:

The way I look at it is, it's in a bottle, where can it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

A mate of mine believes that because I have my shake made before I go to the gym that I don't get the everything outta it. He has no reasoning though:pac:

The way I look at it is, it's in a bottle, where can it go?

Does it not smell like raw arse by the time you get to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

^ That would be my main argument against it. Also it would be warm mouldy raw arse.

ronanc15 wrote: »

Not really, it's still pretty cold. It's only in my bag for 1 hour 30mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just throw some ice cubes in and it'd be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

ronanc15 wrote: »

Lol

Now think about that smell on your gym bag if one leaks a little. When that stuff goes off its worse than a dead animal in a portaloo at oxygen.

Just get a scoup and a locking tuppaware box. Some of the BSA shakers have a bottom for powder.

Lol

Now think about that smell on your gym bag if one leaks a little. When that stuff goes off its worse than a dead animal in a portaloo at oxygen.

Just get a scoup and a locking tuppaware box. Some of the BSA shakers have a bottom for powder.

Yeah something like a Core Shaker or Smart Shaker would do the job rather than mixing it pre gym. Or even a ziplock bag. I'd say it's much easier for the shaker to crack with something in it. That'd be my main issue.

Oisin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yeah something like a Core Shaker or Smart Shaker would do the job rather than mixing it pre gym. Or even a ziplock bag. I'd say it's much easier for the shaker to crack with something in it. That'd be my main issue.

Why not just have the dry powder in the shaker and add water when you are finished your workout? (I assume most would have a separate water bottle).

I have had the displeasure of smelling a protein shake after it had been left to its own devices for a few days.....dead animal is right. After that I prefer not to risk my container breaking in my gym bag while its mixed.

SmartShaker works too, pretty handy device.

Advertisement