Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got a dorsal slit just under a week ago.

Foreskin is really swelled, this happen to anyone else? How long does it take for the swelling to go down?

it will be around four weeks before ur back running but it may be longer. It all depends and each case is different. Im coming along well but am just wondering. When the stitches begin to dissolve is it more sensitive with shooting pain if something rubs off them? Im experiencing that at the moment and it feels like a bit of a setback.
    Still so glad i had the op and cant wait to be over it fully, really cant believe i dodged getting iit sorted for so long

Also,wheb should you stop the salt bathes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You have to push for them to get it done on the NTPF. You have to actively chase them up otherwise you will languish on the public list forever

Almost two weeks in and i am beginning to adjust to my new layout below!!!

I have had practically no bleeding, but the stiches are now starting to bleed a little, i think its because they are starting to dissolve, is this normal?

I didnt realise so many lads are in the same boat! Did any one hear of paraphimosis secondary? and if so, what the recommendations are for it. I was informed I need a full circumcision but want to explore all avenues before i go ahead and get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MonkhouseIHH

It stands for natural treatment purchase fund!! I got circumcised in January. It started by me going to the doctor in late October 08,sent to a Urologist in December and,as i said,i had it done on January the 6th! All very fast,but as was previously stated,you have to press it with the NTPF. I also got my tonsils out 2 weeks ago under the fund! Happy days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I had my consultation this morning. Doctor was very nice and informative, said that in my case that a circumcision is not necessary. It's not painful, it doesn't effect my sex life and I don't have issues with infections etc. He said while it's the norm for foreskin to retract, it's doesn't have to retract. He checked it out and said that all looked healthy, so, happy days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

eh, no.

You'll be as high as a kite, you'll need someone to bring you home.

It'll depend what anaesthetic they use but i doubt you could make it home alone unaided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 julieebarrett

Hi all, Ive been reading this forum and Ive found it great info.
    Thanks everyone!
    My boyfriend had a circumcision nearly two weeks ago in James's and he's still in a awful state. Hasnt been able to go to work, bottom of his penis swelled up and there's yellow pus there,sometimes mixed with blood. About 1cm down from the top is an open wound that's bleeding regularly. We went to James's Fri night and he has a appt with his urologist next week. All his stiches still in, he can't really see them.
    He hasnt been able to wear anything at all, not even dressings I bought him.
    Has anyone had this experience and how was it sorted out?
    Any help please would be great as he's really down about it and he's sick of the pain and not being able to go out!:(

Hi all, Ive been reading this forum and Ive found it great info.
    Thanks everyone!
    My boyfriend had a circumcision nearly two weeks ago in James's and he's still in a awful state. Hasnt been able to go to work, bottom of his penis swelled up and there's yellow pus there,sometimes mixed with blood. About 1cm down from the top is an open wound that's bleeding regularly. We went to James's Fri night and he has a appt with his urologist next week. All his stiches still in, he can't really see them.
    He hasnt been able to wear anything at all, not even dressings I bought him.
    Has anyone had this experience and how was it sorted out?
    Any help please would be great as he's really down about it and he's sick of the pain and not being able to go out!:(

No, i didn't have such bad complications. No complications at all really. Nobody here is allowed to give medical advice. He should seek medical advice from his GP if it's as bad as you say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hotshot_rf

guys have any of you had probelms urinating since the op?? how do you control the direction and flow? finding it very difficult. It goes everywhere.

hotshot_rf wrote: »
    guys have any of you had probelms urinating since the op?? how do you control the direction and flow? finding it very difficult. It goes everywhere.

A little bit, it improved.

Hello There,

To be honest urinating fo me has been great since the op, before the procedure i had to sit down all the time because it was spraying all over the place, now its great i can stand up, it may just be swelling that is causing u the problems, wait for it to go down and then see.

I had the op done just over four weeks ago, the last of the stiches came out last night, didnt expect it woudl take quite so long.

Anyway I have noticed that almsost overnight two tiny lumps have appeared near the scar joint, they are tiny little capers, soft to touch, is this normal? I expect they will disappear.

Dont want medical advice, just wondering if anyon else has had them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skinlessjoe

Hi guys. I myself had the op 11 days ago. Always knew I needed a circ but kept putting it off. Was in a relationship for years and my partner was always careful not to be too 'rough' with me, lol. My foreskin never fully retracted and sex was painful sometimes.

I went private, waited about 6 weeks. Had a general an. and was home the same day. I was told to keep the dressing on for 4 days then remove it in the shower/bath. When I took it off I was kinda shocked at first but got used to the new look. Though there was bruising down the shaft of my penis and dried blood around some of the stitches.

For the first week after the op, I was john wayning around the apartmenting, anytime my boxers touched the stitches it would hurt, a lot! Sensitivity was quite high the first few days but now it's not so bad.

Boners at night haven't hurt too much. I did wake up every couple of hours the first few days in fear of the stitches tearing but it never happened. Now it's not so bad. Sometimes I still wake up but it doesn't hurt. I do a bit of flexing when I get hard just to encourage the erection a bit, just to see that everything still works! :) Im still sitting down to pee as if just sprays all over the place. But it's getting better day by day.

I've been off work for a week now and heading back in tomorrow. I still need to be careful walking cos some of the stitches are quite sharp and get caught in my clothes. Hoping they'll disolve out soon.

All in all i'm happy so far. I didn't read this thread before the op but I have to say I found great comfort in reading it during my initial recovery. I know I have a few weeks to go yet but just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so open and honest about their 'embarassing' problem! And thanks to TBC for starting it all those years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 skinlessjoe

I meant TBH , sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 justinferris

do you have to be errect to try streching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ugeert

is it really safe? i heard horror stories about this topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Anyway I have noticed that almsost overnight two tiny lumps have appeared near the scar joint, they are tiny little capers, soft to touch, is this normal? I expect they will disappear.

Dont want medical advice, just wondering if anyon else has had them?
    not medical advice, but I have one of these as well, I think - I stress think, I don't really remember - the doc told me it was scar tissue from the stitches. Would that make sense, position wise? I still have them, but forgot about them till you mentioned that.
    And thanks to TBC for starting it all those years ago!
    and thank you - every post increases the chance that someone will find the thread - glad you did too :)
    do you have to be errect to try streching
    I was told that you can't be erect when you stretch - open to correction on that tho.
    ugeert wrote: »
    is it really safe? i heard horror stories about this topic.
    I promise - there's no censoring of posts on this thread. I'm not interested in persuading people to get it done, just getting more info out there on it. I'd actually welcome some horror stories, because to be honest, the fact that so many stories - not all - but the vast majority - are positive, and overwhelmingly positive, makes me look like a shill for some clinic somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

No horror story from me, but I will say, be careful with what you read on the internet about it. There is an awful lot of stuff out there that is just completely untrue. So in short, take what you read with a grain of salt and see an actual doctor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

any time I have sex without a condom my foreskin takes a day or two to go back over the glans. Why is this?

It doesn't appear too tight behind the glans and the blood flow is fine but it's annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jim_Ben

I had my consultation this morning with a private clinic here in the UK. We had a chat about the procedure, any personal preferences I may have, how long a circumcision takes, the use of local anesthetic, and so on. The clinic is ran by two vastly experienced paediatric surgeons who work full-time for the NHS. The cost would be £550, and check-ups afterwards are free of charge. Now I need to decide when to have it done, before Christmas, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

I have problems after intercourse with my foreskin as well.It gets sore afterwards.My family doctor said that there is an excess of skin and he wont recommend circumcision.
    I didn't think this was a common thing and have been putting (No pun intended) up with for years.
    Another doctor said he would refer me but how long after the op will the pain be gone ?

My boyfriend had a circumcision about 3 months ago now due to medical reasons and he still is having problems, when we have sex he gets tender and sometimes we have to stop, does anyone else get this problem? he also has a lump on his penis near the stitches but were just putting it down to scar tissue.

I *maybe* having my circumcision tomorrow evening. The clinic has a free time-slot, so I told them I would sleep on it and that I would give them a call in the morning. I must say I'm rather nervous.

Hi everyone,

I had my circumcision this evening. I had a loose (partial) circumcision at a private clinic, carried out by two pediatric surgeons. The circumcision was carried out under local anesthetic, and boy was the first five minutes uncomfortable, mainly due to the numbness kicking in. The procedure took 50 minutes in total. I listened to my iPod for the most part of it. The two guys who did it were easy going and had a good sense of humour which made me feel relaxed.

When I got home my boxers and joggy bottoms were caked in blood, so my mother (a nurse) decided to replace the smaller bandage with a larger bandage, which was given to me by the guys, around my dinkle. I've found going for a pee is rather difficult at the moment :(. Well, I can't see me getting much sleep tonight, I think I'll watch a film to pass the time.

By the way, my reason for getting a circumcision was due to tightness and various other problems with my foreskin. Problems that I have suffered since the age of 12, I'm now 25. I've tried other methods of solving the problem but none worked, hence the circumcision. I can't wait to test the little guy out in about 8 weeks. ;)

My dinkle is huge! The swelling has really hit in overnight. I managed to dip my dinkle in a cup of salty water this evening - the first two minutes was quite painful but it felt better after ten minutes. I have nothing to do apart from read a book, watch a few films and play Football Manager.

The swelling has decreased significantly. My testicles are a tad sore but much better than a week ago. I had a full-on shower last night and it felt great! I've been dipping my dinkle into a cup of salty water every 48 hours, and into a cup of chamomile tea every 24 hours. I've not had any problems with my glans since my circumcision.

Good to hear it's going well for you.

I've heard mixed reports on the act of washing/rinsing it in salt water.

I was personally told not to do it.

Morf wrote: »
    Good to hear it's going well for you.

I've heard mixed reports on the act of washing/rinsing it in salt water.

I was personally told not to do it.

Thanks Morf.

I've only used the salty water three times - that was enough for me. I have to say the chamomile tea has been great, very soothing before bed time.

• Advertisement

I had a circumcision when I was about 7. I have had no problems, discomfort etc and almost any girl I have been with comments on it and they think its either cool, sexy and some of them have said its feels cleaner as well. A friend of mine had the same op and he gets much the same comments.

Advertisement