Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

could have been but they stuck 3 of them on my chest and side and didnt shave there

how the hell am i gonna sleep tonight with no bandage and noting touching it???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jaysis, I'd be delighted to be in your position right now so stop moaning!! :D

Just stay on your back and don't have any sheets on top of you.

yeah i suppose. i had a hell of a nights sleep last night i wish them nocturnal erections would wait for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RolfHarris

I survived the first few nights by wrapping gauze smeared in vaseline, and holding it place with some tape.

TBH
    is right about tight shorts. But in the meantime, leave it uncovered and let it swing free!

• Advertisement

RolfHarris wrote: »
    I survived the first few nights by wrapping gauze smeared in vaseline, and holding it place with some tape.

TBH
    is right about tight shorts. But in the meantime, leave it uncovered and let it swing free!

i tried putting gauze on it earlier but it was too sore even if it just touched off it

byrner88 wrote: »
    i tried putting gauze on it earlier but it was too sore even if it just touched off it

The vaseline helps. It really only hurts if it grazes the head. If you put it straight on, it should be OK.

im gonna try have a bath soon . did it hurt when u had a bath or shower without any gauze on it

A bath would be better. Put some salt in the water. It helps.

will it sting or hurt ? or will be as uncomfortable as my boxers tipping off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

A bath would be better. Put some salt in the water. It helps.

I was told not to put in salt as it dissolves to stitches too quickly.

Day 2 after operation :

everything more or less the same . bruising is still fairly small . scab starting to form and little bits falling off. had much more sleep last night than the night before . good advice to stop nocturnal erections is not to drink anything for about 3 or 4 hours before going to bed and empty your bladder before you go to bed.

i was told to use salt in the bath . im just using ordinary household salt as someone told me it doesn't make a difference what salt you use.

Good news you survived the first couple of nights. Things will get better from here on in. It's a slow process when you're living it, but it's actually over quite quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jim_Ben

Good news you survived the first couple of nights. Things will get better from here on in. It's a slow process when you're living it, but it's actually over quite quickly.

Hi Rolf. Seems ages ago that you had it done. :D

yeah well its still sore when it touches off anything thats just the head not the stiching or brusing. have to sit with noting touching off it and its quite awkward. how long was it you where waiting to be able to walk without any bother. when all the sensitivity went?

also i got them tylex and augmentin when i was leaving the hospital . the augmentin 3 a day for 3 days and 16 tylex tabs but i forget when im supposed to finish the tylex as it says on the box do not take every day for 3 days anyone remember how long they wer on them?

Had my appointment with the GP this morning. He didn't do any examination, just gave me a referral letter and recommended calling either of the Beacon or Hermitage clinics.

I called them both and neither take an appointment over the phone, the Hermitage insisted on me posting the letter but the Beacon said I can fax it, so I'll do that on Monday. Unless anyone can recommend another private hospital except Blackrock and the Mater?

The GP was under the impression that I would be having the procedure in a matter of weeks in the Beacon, but I think that would only be the case if it was really bad. But hopefully I'll be having in within a couple of months.

God love VHI.:)

day 3 after operation . everything is fine really except its still uncomfortable still cant have anything touching off it this is the only this thats bothering me as i cant even wear boxers or even when it touches off my leg its just too painfull and the tablets aren't doing anything . anyone any advice on how i should tackle this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

day 3 after operation . everything is fine really except its still uncomfortable still cant have anything touching off it this is the only this thats bothering me as i cant even wear boxers or even when it touches off my leg its just too painfull and the tablets aren't doing anything . anyone any advice on how i should tackle this ?

I hate to keep saying this byrner but the only thing you can do is be patient. It's still early days and you should see a big improvement soon. In the meantime, I suggest getting a pack of jockey shorts and wearing them. It's only uncomfortable when you hit off something, so when you put the shorts on, you'll get used to them very quickly. They'll keep everything still, so you won't be as conscious of it brushing off things.

tbh wrote: »
    I hate to keep saying this byrner but the only thing you can do is be patient. It's still early days and you should see a big improvement soon. In the meantime, I suggest getting a pack of jockey shorts and wearing them. It's only uncomfortable when you hit off something, so when you put the shorts on, you'll get used to them very quickly. They'll keep everything still, so you won't be as conscious of it brushing off things.

yeah i might try them have to get someone to go out and get them for me. i hate being in the house all the time its wrecking my head cant even get out to vote ha . the baths are grand no hurting or stinging at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

it seems to be the case for a lot of us that it hardly seems to heal at all for about four days, and then it's like it gets better overnight. It's like it's in shock for a while, and then the healing process really kicks in. touch wood (pun most definitely intended) you'll hit that stage tomorrow or the next day, and then you're laughing.

• Advertisement

Jim

Yeah, it was the 28th August - well over a month ago now.

Byrner

Just sit tight and wait. There's really nothing else to do. I was lucky in that I had some work to do at home so I could keep my mind occupied with that, as well as some DVD box-sets.

TBH is right about the shorts. It only hurts taking them on and off, and the tightness keeps everything in place. Seriously, putting some gauze around the tip will stop anything rubbing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The venting of expressions and feelings and relief here is a clear indication of how significant a problem phimosis and tight foreskin really are.

Up until around three years ago I had a perfect penis! In the sense that the foreskin rolled all the way back - which I enjoyed immensely- and I had no problems. Then a slight tight ring formed half way down by penis when I had the foreskin rolled back. Over a period of months and then years it got tight to the point where it could not retract.

Even urinating now must be done sitting down, this and the splitting during and after sex is what finally drove me to get it tended to. Went to the GP a few weeks ago - first time in around 8 years- and after a quick examination with no fuss or pulling or poking, he told me I had Phimosis with Balantis or BXO, basically a whitening around the top of the foreskin.

I had been trying stretching and he gave me steroid creams, which helped, but in no time at all it would be back as tight again. So he advised I need a circumcision. When to a urolgoist at a private hospital in Dublin and again after a quick look, he confirmed what was needed.

NOW, beleive it or not that was all very simple and the mental relief was amazing, gone are the days of avoiding talking about it with my partner and off my shoulders is the heavy weight of "I have a dodgy cock, but I dont want to talk about it". I feel so much better about things even before I have the op, which is in a few weeks time.

There are loads of people online saying circumcisions are bad and not needed, in some cases there is no alternative, BXO is a skin disease which cannot be treated, or removed, FACT. The only way to get rid is to remove it. I do not want to loose my foreskin, but its more of a burden now than it was in the past when I enjoyed having it.

The longer you leave it the worse it gets. there are other benefits to the circumcision aswell so do lots of reading. BUT bascially get it seen to, the mental anguise it causes is quite disturbing and after a week or two, I hope it will be worth it. Think I might do a picture blog when I get it done, won't have much else to do for a week or two!!!

It's hard to believe there is no public awareness about this issue, if we were women....... we'd talk about it!!!

Jim

Yeah, it was the 28th August - well over a month ago now.

Byrner

Just sit tight and wait. There's really nothing else to do. I was lucky in that I had some work to do at home so I could keep my mind occupied with that, as well as some DVD box-sets.

TBH is right about the shorts. It only hurts taking them on and off, and the tightness keeps everything in place. Seriously, putting some gauze around the tip will stop anything rubbing on it.

ya see its too sore to put anything near it for me . ill wait a couple of days and see how i am and see if it gets less sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Not to brag or anything but i was fairly active in the week after the op, i certainly didn't feel confined to the house. I found that underpants keeping everything stationary was a great help.

well if i wasn't so frickin sensitive i'd be grand . waking up at night with a stiffy isn't a problem . swelling is still there aswell as the bruising. hopefully the sensitivity goes in the next couple of days and ill be laughing

mynewcock wrote: »
    The venting of expressions and feelings and relief here is a clear indication of how significant a problem phimosis and tight foreskin really are.

Up until around three years ago I had a perfect penis! In the sense that the foreskin rolled all the way back - which I enjoyed immensely- and I had no problems. Then a slight tight ring formed half way down by penis when I had the foreskin rolled back. Over a period of months and then years it got tight to the point where it could not retract.

Even urinating now must be done sitting down, this and the splitting during and after sex is what finally drove me to get it tended to. Went to the GP a few weeks ago - first time in around 8 years- and after a quick examination with no fuss or pulling or poking, he told me I had Phimosis with Balantis or BXO, basically a whitening around the top of the foreskin.

I had been trying stretching and he gave me steroid creams, which helped, but in no time at all it would be back as tight again. So he advised I need a circumcision. When to a urolgoist at a private hospital in Dublin and again after a quick look, he confirmed what was needed.

NOW, beleive it or not that was all very simple and the mental relief was amazing, gone are the days of avoiding talking about it with my partner and off my shoulders is the heavy weight of "I have a dodgy cock, but I dont want to talk about it". I feel so much better about things even before I have the op, which is in a few weeks time.

There are loads of people online saying circumcisions are bad and not needed, in some cases there is no alternative, BXO is a skin disease which cannot be treated, or removed, FACT. The only way to get rid is to remove it. I do not want to loose my foreskin, but its more of a burden now than it was in the past when I enjoyed having it.

The longer you leave it the worse it gets. there are other benefits to the circumcision aswell so do lots of reading. BUT bascially get it seen to, the mental anguise it causes is quite disturbing and after a week or two, I hope it will be worth it. Think I might do a picture blog when I get it done, won't have much else to do for a week or two!!!

It's hard to believe there is no public awareness about this issue, if we were women....... we'd talk about it!!!

you hit that one right on the nail . if we were women we wouldnt stop talking about it forget about the menopause lol. if i where you i would ask the mods permission on a picture blog as its a public forum with some chilers lurken around. just to be on the safe side

also is it common for the head of the penis to start pealing

also is it common for the head of the penis to start pealing
    I believe it is, I'm almost certain someone else mentioned that in this thread if you want to read back.

How are you getting on, byrner88?

• Advertisement

not bad . still very uncomfortable and its pealing more today than any other day . still having my salty baths . finding it easier to sleep at night now

Advertisement