Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFOLOGY Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    Cool nice to see someone we know ,,,way to go Ziycon
    very very cool +1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Ye, it's myself. ;) Thanks for the support lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BuliBuli9

any idea what this is?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=agFCFTbwXw0

as far as i can see this is one of the best footage ariund, taken in Clare in December by my friends mum
    i'd be interested to hear what ye think

Nice bit of footage, it seems zoomed in a lot with small movements of the camera which could account for the flickering effect, there was also a Geminid Meteor Shower between the 13th-14th December 2008 which could possibly account for the object you saw. Does your friends mom still have the original footage?

Ziycon wrote: »
    Nice bit of footage, it seems zoomed in a lot with small movements of the camera which could account for the flickering effect, there was also a Geminid Meteor Shower between the 13th-14th December 2008 which could possibly account for the object you saw. Does your friends mom still have the original footage?
    i think its bad footage because theres notting to compare with the object in the film...+ someone else took a photo why isnt that up here 2!? smalls funny to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 BuliBuli9

i presume she still has the original footage but dont know for sure, think the object/ light was around for a while, she has no interest in ufos so she just filmed what she saw and wouldnt have been conscious of referencing it against something else

theres no photo cause i dont have any photo to put up, i only know her daughter and took a personal interest in finding out what it was, i plan to email her to talk to her about it

she filmed it six weeks ago and after googling other sightings in Clare around the time i came to this website where theres a whole thread on sightings of a similar object around the Clare Hills, i havent seen any other footage on the web but there could well be

anyone know what it would be classified under in ufo terms, sphere? ball? etc

BuliBuli9 wrote: »
    i presume she still has the original footage but dont know for sure, think the object/ light was around for a while, she has no interest in ufos so she just filmed what she saw and wouldnt have been conscious of referencing it against something else

theres no photo cause i dont have any photo to put up, i only know her daughter and took a personal interest in finding out what it was, i plan to email her to talk to her about it

she filmed it six weeks ago and after googling other sightings in Clare around the time i came to this website where theres a whole thread on sightings of a similar object around the Clare Hills, i havent seen any other footage on the web but there could well be

anyone know what it would be classified under in ufo terms, sphere? ball? etc
    classified under ball of light...amber gambler...known for its colours ,orange , red etc....we would all like to know what it was!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Noodles631

jonbravo wrote: »
    i think its bad footage because theres notting to compare with the object in the film...+ someone else took a photo why isnt that up here 2!? smalls funny to me.

Hi All, I am the person responsible for taking the footage. I was watching TV and my son insisted that I had to come and see something in the sky. Had a quick look and then grabbed the camera, what you see is what I got. No, there was no smell from it. My son took a picture but hasn't got around to developing it yet. It was only a 2 sec exposure on film. Have my doubts it will develop. Will keep ye posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

at first i thought it was just over zoomed, like what would happen with an out of focus telescope, camera or any other lensed equipment, but it is rather strange.

what i find interesting are the three rings inside the light, and i noticed these are visible when its further away too.

would i be right in saying it changes colour throughout, or was that a camera thing? if it was changing colour it may mean whatever it was could have burning or releasing vapour, different gases or whatever, emitting different colour flame.

i dunno really. i wouldnt say ufo, may an N.E.O. or some such.

you'll never really know i guess. anyways, nice video.

Noodles631 wrote: »
    Hi All, I am the person responsible for taking the footage. I was watching TV and my son insisted that I had to come and see something in the sky. Had a quick look and then grabbed the camera, what you see is what I got. No, there was no smell from it. My son took a picture but hasn't got around to developing it yet. It was only a 2 sec exposure on film. Have my doubts it will develop. Will keep ye posted.
    looking forward to seeing your sons picture.:)

• Advertisement

As we speak, I am uploading the whole 18 minutes onto youtube. Beginning to think its a meteorite...

As we speak, I am uploading the whole 18 minutes onto youtube. Beginning to think its a meteorite...
    it could be anything up to venus,in the clip i cant tell if it moves, i'll have a look at the 18 min's as will alot of people....venus can look far to brilliant to be a planet when the air is full of ice particles ,the key is does it move and will we notice.the next question is how fast!? a meteorite would only last seconds and is rocket-like

Definitely NOT Venus. Captured that a few days ago and apart from the visuals being very poor, good in the camera but poor on the mac, there is no comparison. There was no pulsation or colour change when I captured Venus. Decide for yourself, its still loading. Will let ye know when its up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Youtube has a 10 minute maximum. Try disclose.tv

Have come across tons of videos over 1 hour and more. Am hoping that as its within the size framework, they may let it through. If not, Vimeo tells me that it is going to take 14 hours, (wanted to keep the quality high). Either way, will keep in touch.

They stopped allowing videos over 10 minutes about 18 months ago. If you are a youtube partner you can have longer videos but for regular joes like us its not possible.

Seriously Disclose.tv is especially for stuff like this so check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My opinion? Looks like Venus, played fast (or recorded in slow-mo) (clouds scudding across give the flicker), with a zoom in and out to look like movement. You have to ignore the voice-over, which could be added at any time.

Ok, it got rejected by youtube. Its now up on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/3096044. The WHOLE UNEDITED 18 minutes

Ok, it got rejected by youtube. Its now up on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/3096044. The WHOLE UNEDITED 18 minutes

"This is a private video"

Seriously, dude, disclose.tv ..... I'll make it easy .... heres a link: http://www.disclose.tv

Disclose tV please..:D

• Advertisement

jonbravo wrote: »
    it could be anything up to venus,in the clip i cant tell if it moves, i'll have a look at the 18 min's as will alot of people....venus can look far to brilliant to be a planet when the air is full of ice particles ,the key is does it move and will we notice.the next question is how fast!? a meteorite would only last seconds and is rocket-like

Its now up on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/3096044

Its now up on Vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/3096044

I give up ..... <walks away from thread> .....

no.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

what sabotage said

Sorry about that. Have changed the settings so everyone (I hope, bloody tech) can see it

Sorry about that. Have changed the settings so everyone (I hope, bloody tech) can see it
    :eek:im not saying that its real but we need the time and date.ufo sightings are somtimes venus mars and jupiter.venus is not brighter then any other star when at its closest range,and is prominent just after sunset or just before sunrise and then take into acount the air is full of ice particles,having said that if you feel it wasnt a plant have a look at the same part of the sky during the next clear nite chances are it will be there again,easiest way to confirm a ufo as a star or plant....another problem is autokinesis , which is a form of apparently automatic motion of a light source,usually in sharp jerky movements around a fixed point,the star or plant seems to jerk but is really your eyes that do so.another thing to rule out is weather balloons from airports and weather stations,shape[ball or oval], size [from star-like point to small ball], colour from [white,orange], speed [no motion to very slow drifting-toy balloon moves faster].duration,[from minutes to a long time].i could go on and on lets just call it a ufo for now.:)lol

Time: 7ish pm
    Date: 14th December 2008
    Situate in the South West

I'm 99% sure that it's Venus that was caught in this video.

Ziycon wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure that it's Venus that was caught in this video.
    im 100%. amazing all the same, ive watched it a few times.

Why, on the 14th of December, should Venus suddenly behave erratic? Apart from my hamfisted footage, what we observed, moved. Whether I zoomed in or out, the THING moved. It spun and from what I can see, it appears to have a tail of some kind. Therefore, ipso facto, it is an Unidentified Flying Object. I do not believe it was Venus.

• Advertisement

Personally i think its Venus and theres a good bit of evidence to support it being Venus.

To reason for some of the strange factors:
    the reason it looks so wierd and seems to change shape and size and colour is the video camera is having difficulty focussing and is changing the focus all the time to compensate. At various stages of the video the camera gets the focus wrong and what you get is a defocussed planet. You can clearly see the recognisable pattern of diffraction caused by the lens.
    At that time and date it would have been where you say
    and it would have a phase to the left which you can see
    Looks like Venus to me since it appears to show phase on the left.

Advertisement