Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

smurgen wrote: »
    Pure gaslighting. People deserve to be shunned and pointed out for repugnant views. That's how society works. Bullying my arse. Seen many Fine Gaelers pile on people when it suited. If you stand by his tweets no problem but stand by your views when the tide turns.

I don't stand by his tweets. When did I say that?

No only sections of society is like that.

I ask the question again, why are you posting someones information when they are not a politician or a councillor?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    I didn't claim to know anything. When did I say I knew?

I asked you and you couldn't answer.

The FG social media team? you are aware that was shut down in 2018. The only party with a social media team now is Sinn Fein. So maybe accuse me again to try to cover up for your ignorance on FG.

So you know when their social media team was disbanded but you don’t know what a vulture fund is and you don’t know how to use Google apparently that’s very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 67,081 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't stand by his tweets. When did I say that?

No only sections of society is like that.

I ask the question again, why are you posting someones information when they are not a politician or a councillor?

He is a self confessed member of Young Fine Gael, a political organisation. He has expressed a view publicly that is worthy of comment.
    If he didn't want it to be discussed then he shouldn't have tweeted it.

Runaways wrote: »
    So you know when their social media team was disbanded but you don’t know what a vulture fund is and you don’t know how to use Google apparently that’s very interesting

Do I need to explain why I ask the question?

So far every time the person hasn't had the ability to answer. What does that tell you?

More grist to the mill that FG really have their eyes on another election and aren't serious about government talks?

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1261619377180418050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

More grist to the mill that FG really have their eyes on another election and aren't serious about government talks?

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1261619377180418050

Good.

They shouldn't be in government.

SF and FF got the most seats.

Back to the people.

Good.

They shouldn't be in government.

SF and FF got the most seats.

Back to the people.

Why are they stuck in talks if they aren't serious about them though. That is de question. Could it spectacularly backfire on them, this manipulation.
    Will FG's arrogance in thinking they can fool the electorate win out or will they once again shoot themselves in their beautifully be-socked foot?
    Tune in next week for another griping installment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Why are they stuck in talks if they aren't serious about them though. That is de question. Could it spectacularly backfire on them, this manipulation.
    Will FG's arrogance in thinking they can fool the electorate win out or will they once again shoot themselves in their beautifully be-socked foot?

You should definitely listen to this weeks inside politics podcast from the Irish Times talks are not going FGS way whatsoever the greens as it turned out will be much harder to please and woo than previously

He is a self confessed member of Young Fine Gael, a political organisation. He has expressed a view publicly that is worthy of comment.
    If he didn't want it to be discussed then he shouldn't have tweeted it.

So you think it is ok to share details, personal details of people around the internet because they are a member of a clearly defined young section of the party?

So you think it is ok to share details, personal details of people around the internet because they are a member of a clearly defined young section of the party?

Yes, absolutely.
    This guy was anonymous to most until he said something bizarre and unpalatable to most.

If he didn't want his opinion and his details in the public domain he should have kept both private.
    If YOU have a problem with a post then report it. You have no right to challenge anyone who has not broken site rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You should educate yourself on cyber bullying.

So you have the right to splash his details all over the internet because he sent out a tweet? updates on his Facebook/twitter etc

Why do you think you have the right?

Sigh, this will be the third or fourth time this has been explained to you, Andrew Ralph put his details on the internet. not me.

Jesus H Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I remenber,when i was in secondary school,just as social media was kicking off properly,

We had a woman come in and explain to us the dangers etc of it,and to push home point to value privacy and nothing can ever be fully removed from internet

The likes of this info needs introducing into the curriculum more
    Along with input on how it's not a fantasy world where people can just do as they please.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sigh, this will be the third or fourth time this has been explained to you, Andrew Ralph put his details on the internet. not me.

Jesus H Christ.

You published them on other sites without his permission or the permission of LinkedIn

Sigh all you want.

I remenber,when i was in secondary school,just as social media was kicking off properly,

We had a woman come in and explain to us the dangers etc of it,and to push home point to value privacy and nothing can ever be fully removed from internet

The likes of this info needs introducing into the curriculum more

This is the logic you're dealing with here.

Post content freely available from their own public LinkedIn account = how dare you post that publicly available information on a public forum.

States they "don't like him" won't clarify why despite being asked to, and accuses others of cyber bullying.

A saying springs to mind now, something about keeping quiet and removing all doubt.

You published them on other sites without his permission or the permission of LinkedIn

Sigh all you want.

I copied it from Google.

IMG-20200516-141832.jpg

Replace the sigh with "guffaw" now.

Yes, absolutely.
    This guy was anonymous to most until he said something bizarre and unpalatable to most.

If he didn't want his opinion and his details in the public domain he should have kept both private.
    If YOU have a problem with a post then report it. You have no right to challenge anyone who has not broken site rules.

Strange World you live in, most of these people are 16-18 years old and you think you have the privilege to share their information across the internet without their consent or without the consent of the website they published it on?

McMurphy wrote: »
    I copied it from Google.

Replace the sign with a guffaw now.

Did google share it across other media forms? without consent. Plus updating people on Facebook/twitter status across other media to start a cyber campaign against someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Listen I'm not gonna spend my day arguing.

All I said is they shouldn't be in government going by the last election.

Simple as that.

Strange World you live in, most of these people are 16-18 years old and you think you have the privilege to share their information across the internet without their consent or without the consent of the website they published it on?

If they post the info publicly then they automatically consent to it's use. Nobody used it to defame or lie about the guy.

Here is LinkedIN's advise, if he didn't want to publicise himself he had the choice:
    LinkedIN wrote:
    Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.

Please stop diverting the thread, if you have a problem, report it. A mod will sort it out.

If they post the info publicly then they automatically consent to it's use. Nobody used it to defame or lie about the guy.

Here is LinkedIN's advise, if he didn't want to publicise himself he had the choice:

Please stop diverting the thread, if you have a problem, report it. A mod will sort it out.

Maybe explain why you think it is ok to share 16 year old personal information around the internet? is it ok because they support another party to Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement

Well like retweets is a big driver of data/views on twitter and among its main function??

Like,its a truely bizzare hill you have chosen to die on here,defending that chap

Die on here?

Did I defend the tweet. I am defending the right of people to not have people share information around the internet just because they have a vague link to a political party. Sinn Fein and they supporters are getting away with this too long.

Like here when called out on it they run and hide.

Just wondering why you or the rest think they have the right to share information? give updates on a persons internet profile status? maybe you can answer that?

Maybe explain why you think it is ok to share 16 year old personal information around the internet? is it ok because they support another party to Sinn Fein?

Because the info is in the public domain.

It wasn't altered or used in an illegal way.

And he is not a supporter of another party...he is a member of another party...it's in his publicly available profile.

I found that out the same way you found out his age...for ffs! Listen to yourself. :)

Because the info is in the public domain.

It wasn't altered or used in an illegal way.

And he is not a supporter of another party...he is a member of another party...it's in his publicly available profile.

I found that out the same way you found out his age...for ffs! Listen to yourself. :)

So? what does the membership of a party have anything to do with it?

Are you saying anyone who has a membership of FG is now a target for Sinn Fein supporter to share data, education information and status of their social media?

So? what does the membership of a party have anything to do with it?

Are you saying anyone who has a membership of FG is now a target for Sinn Fein supporter to share data, education information and status of their social media?

Yes...IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM report it. Call the Guards, send around a hit squad.

Do something about it or give over. We get it, you think it's wrong.

This is a leading qs,and i doubt anyone is stupid enough to fall for it,esp since noone has said anything approaching what you allege??

Like your the only 1 keeping this lads name alive in the thread with what can only be described as hysterical posting (in reality,your just trying to flame the thread and get it shut down)

Francie already said he had no problem sharing 16 year old information on the internet because they are a member of the party. The ship already sailed on....

Francie already said he had no problem sharing 16 year old information on the internet because they are a member of the party. The ship already sailed on....

What is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

They sympathise with SF/IRA rapists so everything else is fair game .

Hope you can back that up. Can you please?

I'm lost now. What 16year old information?

By the way did you ever clarify why you don't like Andrew Ralph? Surely there's a good reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Grace report back another year, glass houses and all that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement