Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,248 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    You keep accusing people of been out of depth. I 100% agree I am if all you can do is try to bully someone on the internet. I personally would never sink myself to those levels and anyone I would associate would never either

So you think you are fully entitled to publish his details on boards? why can you tell me?

Linkedin is used a job searching and communication site. People use it as a online CV. Seems you might not be aware of what it is used for.

Again...this is something you need to report if you think it against site rules. Stop scolding and bullying people to do what you would like them to do. That isn't your function.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

You keep accusing people of been out of depth. I 100% agree I am if all you can do is try to bully someone on the internet. I personally would never sink myself to those levels and anyone I would associate would never either

So you think you are fully entitled to publish his details on boards? why can you tell me?

Linkedin is used a job searching and communication site. People use it as a online CV. Seems you might not be aware of what it is used for.

He posted his let the old people die comment on Twitter a public forum

You’re Aware of this and how that platform works and how the backlash can happen rightly so in this case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Again...this is something you need to report if you think it against site rules. Stop scolding and bullying people to do what you would like them to do. That isn't your function.

Just wondering why you think it is acceptable to quote personal details of a person on a forum?

They are not a politician and they are not a councillor. So why do you think it is ok?

Runaways wrote: »
    He posted his let the old people die comment on Twitter a public forum

You’re Aware of this and how that platform works and how the backlash can happen rightly so in this case

Twitter is full of nut cases.

Why do you think it is ok to give an internet trial to this person?

I am baffled so please explain?

You have people here asking about when his Facebook and twitter are back online, his LinkedIn is shut down and only has a small but of info left on it and that got published,. Imagine what this group would be sharing now if his accounts where still up?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

It is also well known that somebody aiming for Taoiseach and ending up managing a Centra in his local village would be a bit of a career disappointment. Perfect metaphor I would have thought for someone who likes cliches, like yourself.

Bertie - what on earth did he do, claimed he was an accountant lol, yet never proved where he claimed to got his degree from London School of Economic. 40 odd years in politics, Taoiseach for 10

Enda Kenny, Teacher , oh how original and enlightening ... same as above , barely worked a day as a teacher

Michael Martin, would be leader , teacher ,same as Enda

Albert Reynolds, dance hall manager ,owned a few factories who had a canny habit of burning down ,one time Taoiseach but was a successful minister in multiple posts

Lemass . Career politician ,soldier ... little else

Jack Lynch . Hurler n civil servant ,oh wow ( civil servant part )

Eamonn Gilmore, Tainaiste And one time contender for Chief ..student , commie, career politician , trade unionist (and I think teacher )

Rather humble enough career paths ...even a disappointment for some ?

The ones who got the bigger fancy careers would be Haughey (accountant /barrister ) Cowen (solicitor but mostly a career politician ) Cosgrave (barrister) , Bruton (big rancher farmer n accountant) Noonan (accountant Or teacher ? and career politician) Leo (doctor, again, barely practiced in politics at a young age ) Seán Mcbride (Barrister n soldier ) Costello (barrister)

• Advertisement

Just wondering why you think it is acceptable to quote personal details of a person on a forum?

They are not a politician and they are not a councillor. So why do you think it is ok?

That person made them public.

I am off the opinion that you shouldn't put details or opinions onto public forums if you do not want them known or seen.

Seems like commonsense to me.

Why do you think it is ok to give an internet trial to this person?

I am baffled so please explain?

We just found out young Fg Are riddled with eugenics enthusiasts I’ll leave it to you to take it from there

Bertie - what on earth did he do, claimed he was an accountant lol, yet never proved where he claimed to got his degree from London School of Economic. 40 odd years in politics, Taoiseach for 10

Enda Kenny, Teacher , oh how original and enlightening ... same as above , barely worked a day as a teacher

Michael Martin, would be leader , teacher ,same as Enda

Albert Reynolds, dance hall manager ,owned a few factories who had a canny habit of burning down ,one time Taoiseach but was a successful minister in multiple posts

Lemass . Career politician ,soldier ... little else

Jack Lynch . Hurler n civil servant ,oh wow ( civil servant part )

Eamonn Gilmore, Tainaiste And one time contender for Chief ..student , commie, career politician , trade unionist (and I think teacher )

Rather humble enough career paths ...even a disappointment for some ?

The ones who got the bigger fancy careers would be Haughey (accountant /barrister ) Cowen (solicitor but mostly a career politician ) Cosgrave (barrister) , Bruton (big rancher farmer n accountant) Noonan (accountant Or teacher ? and career politician) Leo (doctor, again, barely practiced in politics at a young age ) Seán Mcbride (Barrister n soldier ) Costello (barrister)

Having wasted a bit of time no doubt, typing and researching that...you'd think you would have attached a 'point' to it, relevant to the thread.

Seems to be room for another one today. Space has become available...as they say. :)

That person made them public.

I am off the opinion that you shouldn't put details or opinions onto public forums if you do not want them known or seen.

Seems like commonsense to me.

Why not answer the question, why are you sharing this person details?

He isn't a politician? why do you think it is acceptable?

• Advertisement

Aims for Taoiseach...ends up managing a shop?

Which bit are you struggling with in the metaphor? Nothing wrong with either career...but they are totally different.

What age is he now ? No prospect of climbing the ladder ? Least it’s legal and not falsifying his cv. What’s wrong with managing a shop ? Business right ? SME are the main form of business in Ireland . Face it you are talking nonsense and clearly ,like most Shinners ,haven’t a scooby doo about business . Laughable for the likes of you to comment on career paths

You seem to struggle with the actual backgrounds of many political leaders who didn’t exactly amount to much bigger ,either

Sure Jarry was a bar man and IRA commander and ,ahem, writer ... he had notions of being a Taoiseach and his humble background wasn’t going to hurt that

We just found out young Fg Are riddled with eugenics enthusiasts I’ll leave it to you to take it from there

No you didn't, you couldn't even answer a simple question about young FG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'm not bullying the fella, I don't even know him.

You said you didn't like him however, do you know him?

What is it you don't like about him might I ask?

Having wasted a bit of time no doubt, typing and researching that...you'd think you would have attached a 'point' to it, relevant to the thread.

Researching common well known facts. ? Like 10 seconds if you know your stuff, which you clearly weren’t ! You got caught out talking complete nonsense because you haven’t a clue about business or even the careers of previous leaders .

Oh, don’t worry, I wasn’t doing it for your benefit ,or that of Runaway. This was just to highlight the waffler s that ye are to other readers

Point ? Well, it’s obvious actually in light of what you said About the careers of would be Taoisigh but then,Shinners are slow learners

Aims for Taoiseach...ends up managing a shop?

Which bit are you struggling with in the metaphor? Nothing wrong with either career...but they are totally different.

Do explain how they are “totally different”

Management of staff and customers, responsibility with budgets and orders , keeping the books balanced and in the black , handling big money ..Prominent member of the community , developing new ways to attract more customers /voters

Obviously running a country is multiplied by 10 or 20 but ...principles remain similar, plenty of teachers did okay as Taoiseach

Actually, leaders have hundreds of staff and spinners for much of those jobs

You never had a management job or responsibility, have you Francie ..

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm not bullying the fella, I don't even know him.

You said you didn't like him however, do you know him?

What is it you don't like about him might I ask?

You are posting his details on a website. The last bit of public information he has left you felt the need to publish it here.

That is Cyber bullying, you are actually doing a Facebook/twitter watch and updating when his website are down. What are you going to do when they come back online? update everyone here and ask them to post on them?

He is not a politician, he is not a councillor. You have no idea who he is as you have admitted. But YOU published first his tweet on a FG thread and then went searching across the internet to find every piece of information you could. Even the bit about fairyhouse you published first on here.

That is cyber bullying. The sooner laws are brought in to stop people like you the better.

The fact you see no issue with it says all I need to know about you. I remember the first thing I posted about you. I was 100% right

Researching common well known facts. ? Like 10 seconds if you know your stuff, which you clearly weren’t ! You got caught out talking complete nonsense because you haven’t a clue about business or even the careers of previous leaders .

Oh, don’t worry, I wasn’t doing it for your benefit ,or that of Runaway. This was just to highlight the waffler s that ye are to other readers

Point ? Well, it’s obvious actually in light of what you said About the careers of would be Taoisigh but then,Shinners are slow learners

Let me try another way...reverse the scenarios...because it is the general point that may have escaped you.

If you aim to be a Centra Manager and end up a Taoiseach that could be considered to be a career disappointment.

Consider 'aspirations' before you go a googling again and wasting your time. And keep the insults up, it's taking my mind off the bitterness of the OJ. ;)

Seems to be room for another one today. Space has become available...as they say. :)
    And keep the insults up, it's taking my mind off the bitterness of the OJ. ;)

Best response I could find

Best response I could find

Why were you insulted by that? I actually meant 'another political nutcase'.

You are posting his details on a website. The last bit of public information he has left you felt the need to publish it here.

That is Cyber bullying, you are actually doing a Facebook/twitter watch and updating when his website are down. What are you going to do when they come back online? update everyone here and ask them to post on them?

He is not a politician, he is not a councillor. You have no idea who he is as you have admitted. But YOU published first his tweet on a FG thread and then went searching across the internet to find every piece of information you could. Even the bit about fairyhouse you published first on here.

That is cyber bullying. The sooner laws are brought in to stop people like you the better.

The fact you see no issue with it says all I need to know about you. I remember the first thing I posted about you. I was 100% right

You said you didn't like him, I asked you why, and you're not explaining why.

As for the other stuff, it's all in the public domain. This is basic stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=andrew+ralph#scso=_rci_XpGENcKV8gK1iqKYAg9:133.81817626953125

• Advertisement

Cyber bully

You keep saying that if it makes you feel better, you stated you didn't like the chap, I don't know him other than he made a complete brainfart tweet about sacrificing the elderly to a pandemic for selfish reasons. Therefore I can't form any opinion on him either way.

When the inevitable backlash arrived, from families of the elderly, relatives of covid victims, or recovering patients, he doubled down on the tweet, and then said he was removing it because he was on the receiving end of the backlash, not because it was a disgusting thing to tweet to begin with.

I'm not bullying the lad, I'm pointing out that it certainly wasn't the most clever thing to tweet, not if you're so high profile with so many connections.

YFG have reportedly thrown him out of the party, (unsubstantiated) and rightly so.

You said you didn't like him, I'm saying I don't know him, but he was a very stupid individual to tweet that vile comment all things considering.

Why don't you like him, don't think you ever clarified that?

Let me try another way...reverse the scenarios...because it is the general point that may have escaped you.

If you aim to be a Centra Manager and end up a Taoiseach that could be considered to be a career disappointment.

Consider 'aspirations' before you go a googling again and wasting your time. And keep the insults up, it's taking my mind off the bitterness of the OJ. ;)

No no. Stick to what you actually said . You are waffling now

Aiming for Taoiseach but somehow claim running a village Centra is a career disappointment ,despite a plethora of examples of high profile politicians doing even less or equal ,and blatantly not having a clue about business.

Managing a village supermarket ,and being completely oblivious to the fact that stuff like that is essentially what makes up most business in Ireland ��

Sure does sound like a typical Shinner alright ,talking nonsense about stuff they are clueless on.

Aspirations ..again... starting off at the bottom of business ladder as most will do ,in management and business path . You know that highly educated MICHAEL O’LEARY started off running a NEWSAGENT , right ?

“If you aim to be a Centra Manager and end up being a Taoiseach thst could be a career disappointment”

Wow ,you are some waffler .

Depends on what you could have earned in Centra and other business lines and how successful you were as Taoiseach . Bless you hanging onto the idea that a young man will forever be running a profitable supermarket

You can be sure that Albert Reynolds would have continued to make a truck load of money outside politics had he not bothered with politics , and yet, despite being a decent Taoiseach as far as the North was concerned, he is considered by many as big of a disaster/disappointment as Taoiseach and sadly, a bit of a joke ,especially among FF

Googling ? Lol. EVERY EDUCATED AND INFORMED PERSON KNEW THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL PREVIOUS PARTY LEADERS . No googling required

You are talking complete and utter bull**** about Management ,career paths and business. Utter utter nonsense. You could do with a bit of googling yourself on the salaries they make And the cvs of many big named business men today !

Your attempt to reverse the goal post Is hilarious. If this discussion was in person in front of a bar pull of patrons, you’d be shuttering like a bollox trying not to make a fool of yourself

Management of a village centra ,with no position in politics as of yet, at the start of a career sure beats Pearse Doherty ,at the start of his political career pretending that he finished an engineers degree in Edinburgh and embarrassingly having to dodge questions on it

Move on Francie, you are now talking about stuff that is completely out of your comfort zone ,way out ,you haven’t a clue . You know nothing about business or quite frankly, politics

Know your place, boy.

No no. Stick to what you actually said . You are waffling now

Aiming for Taoiseach but somehow claim running a village Centra is a career disappointment ,despite a plethora of examples of high profile politicians doing even less or equal ,and blatantly not having a clue about business.

Managing a village supermarket ,and being completely oblivious to the fact that stuff like that is essentially what makes up most business in Ireland ��

Sure does sound like a typical Shinner alright ,talking nonsense about stuff they are clueless on.

Aspirations ..again... starting off at the bottom of business ladder as most will do ,in management and business path . You know that highly educated MICHAEL O’LEARY started off running a NEWSAGENT , right ?

“If you aim to be a Centra Manager and end up being a Taoiseach thst could be a career disappointment”

Wow ,you are some waffler .

Depends on what you could have earned in Centra and other business lines and how successful you were as Taoiseach . Bless you hanging onto the idea that a young man will forever be running a profitable supermarket

You can be sure that Albert Reynolds would have continued to make a truck load of money outside politics had he not bothered with politics , and yet, despite being a decent Taoiseach as far as the North was concerned, he is considered by many as big of a disaster/disappointment as Taoiseach and sadly, a bit of a joke ,especially among FF

Googling ? Lol. EVERY EDUCATED AND INFORMED PERSON KNEW THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL PREVIOUS PARTY LEADERS . No googling required

You are talking complete and utter bull**** about Management ,career paths and business. Utter utter nonsense. You could do with a bit of googling yourself on the salaries they make And the cvs of many big named business men today !

Your attempt to reverse the goal post Is hilarious. If this discussion was in person in front of a bar pull of patrons, you’d be shuttering like a bollox trying not to make a fool of yourself

Management of a village centra ,with no position in politics as of yet, at the start of a career sure beats Pearse Doherty ,at the start of his political career pretending that he finished an engineers degree in Edinburgh and embarrassingly having to dodge questions on it

Move on Francie, you are now talking about stuff that is completely out of your comfort zone ,way out ,you haven’t a clue . You know nothing about business or quite frankly, politics

Know your place, boy.

Too long to read.

By your second sentence you showed your spectacular ability to miss the point.

If you aim for something, miss and end up hitting something totally unrelated, then there is the capacity for disappointment. So as a metaphor it works for most. (maybe not somebody as verbose as yourself)

This thread has sadly descended into parody
    But I’m sure that’s the intent behind certain posters contributions
    Mods??

McMurphy wrote: »
    You keep saying that if it makes you feel better, you stated you didn't like the chap, I don't know him other than he made a complete brainfart tweet about sacrificing the elderly to a pandemic for selfish reasons. Therefore I can't form any opinion on him either way.

When the inevitable backlash arrived, from families of the elderly, relatives of covid victims, or recovering patients, he doubled down on the tweet, and then said he was removing it because he was on the receiving end of the backlash, not because it was a disgusting thing to tweet to begin with.

I'm not bullying the lad, I'm pointing out that it certainly wasn't the most clever thing to tweet, not if you're so high profile with so many connections.

YFG have reportedly thrown him out of the party, (unsubstantiated) and rightly so.

You said you didn't like him, I'm saying I don't know him, but he was a very stupid individual to tweet that vile comment all things considering.

Why don't you like him, don't think you ever clarified that?

You should educate yourself on cyber bullying.

So you have the right to splash his details all over the internet because he sent out a tweet? updates on his Facebook/twitter etc

Why do you think you have the right?

This thread has sadly descended into parody
    But I’m sure that’s the intent behind certain posters contributions
    Mods??

Says the person who posts about Young FG and then doesn't have a clue what your talking about.

Says the person who posts about Young FG and then doesn't have a clue what your talking about.

And you claim to know so much yet refused to answer questions and keep snapping at people Almost like you’re being attacked personally which is very odd because you’re not unless your Andrew Or one of his FG social media team colleagues

And you claim to know so much yet refused to answer questions and keep snapping at people Almost like you’re being attacked personally which is very odd because you’re not unless your Andrew Or one of his FG social media team colleagues

I didn't claim to know anything. When did I say I knew?

I asked you and you couldn't answer.

The FG social media team? you are aware that was shut down in 2018. The only party with a social media team now is Sinn Fein. So maybe accuse me again to try to cover up for your ignorance on FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You should educate yourself on cyber bullying.

So you have the right to splash his details all over the internet because he sent out a tweet? updates on his Facebook/twitter etc

Why do you think you have the right?

Pure gaslighting. People deserve to be shunned and pointed out for repugnant views. That's how society works. Bullying my arse. Seen many Fine Gaelers pile on people when it suited. If you stand by his tweets no problem but stand by your views when the tide turns.

https://twitter.com/Miss_Racket/status/1261042828655788032?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement