Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

April, you're the one advising people to do their research on AIB - am I right?

The near-collapse of the organisation twice in the last 30 years - are the two biggest milestones in the history of the company since 1966. This is quite a remarkable achievement for such a small bank (on a global scale). I would certainly include these "milestones" in my research of the bank.

Even their biggest subsidiary in the US was mismanaged - with a rogue trader
    operating for years - going completely undetected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

jetsonx wrote: »

Don't play dumb. People are looking for jobs here. If I have to explain this further to you... I despair.

Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The near-collapse of the organisation twice in the last 30 years - are the two biggest milestones in the history of the company since 1966. This is quite a remarkable achievement for such a small bank (on a global scale). I would certainly include these "milestones" in my research of the bank.

Even their biggest subsidiary in the US was mismanaged - with a rogue trader
    operating for years - going completely undetected.

Yeah i'd definitely mention all this at the interview if you want to be shortlisted!:pac:

These sound like collections roles, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

April, can you be more specific about the research? Merchant services, knowing about internet banking etc? Or am I completely wrong? Just trying to narrow it down!

Did they go into detail about the role?

Lloyderz wrote: »
    April, can you be more specific about the research? Merchant services, knowing about internet banking etc? Or am I completely wrong? Just trying to narrow it down!

No detail about the role, bar it'll be helping people in difficulty. I presume the second interview is where that will happen. No idea about research either, as I didn't do enough and they didn't elaborate. Not very helpful, I know. :-/

• Advertisement

Lloyderz wrote: »

No detail about the role, bar it'll be helping people in difficulty. I presume the second interview is where that will happen. No idea about research either, as I didn't do enough and they didn't elaborate. Not very helpful, I know. :-/

I'm sure someone who got the second interview stage will be able to help you out there though!

Anyone else heard back from their second interviews, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

they called me today
    had second interview on 28th
    got offered job in sandyford, not sure exactly what (will detail email later) 24 800€

something retail buisniss card department :S have no clue

they called me to day
    got offered job in sandyford, not sure exactly what (will detail email later) 24 800€

Congrats!

What was the earlier poster on about with 30K per annum, so?

What kind of research did you do on AIB, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

they called me to day

Well done on getting it! So the job isn't a call center one? What was the second interview like? Any advice for the first one?

Congrats!

What kind of research did you do on AIB, out of interest?

researched a little how was founded and what product do they have
    they didn't really grilled me about the AIB

I had great girls on 1st interview(i talked about AIB maybe a minute or two), and the on second senior HR lady and a younger one they more or less questioned me and how would i deal with different situation and that kind of question

I don't actually know is it call center or not
    I am waiting for the email :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

how would i deal with different situation and that kind of question

what kind of situations?

like if the bank goes bust due to an inept management team - how you would approach the government for a bail-out?

what kind of situations?

like if the bank goes bust due to an inept management team - how you would approach the government for a bail-out?

lol right

we all new what we are going to testing and interviews for....but i need a job, I am still waiting for news from one more job interview (which I would like a lot more)

the situations are, ..
    how would you react if you had to call a customer that is behind her mortgage bla bla ( i would feel like crap, but i didn't say that)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Also got a call today and offered a 'credit administration' job in Sandyford €24,800pa. Soooo delighted!!!!

I did very little research on AIB until after first interview. In first interview when they asked what I knew about AIB I panicked. Basically if you had picked a randomer off the street they could have given as much info as I did, hence doing more research before second interview (and they never even asked that question)

As for more details on the role, I doubt if you will get them in the second interview as there are a number of different roles they are trying to fill and based on how your interview goes they then decide which of the roles you are best suited for if any. Waiting on confirmation email with more details now :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 unclepaulie

bget wrote: »
    Also got a call today and offered a 'credit administration' job in Sandyford €24,800pa. Soooo delighted!!!!

I did very little research on AIB until after first interview. In first interview when they asked what I knew about AIB I panicked. Basically if you had picked a randomer off the street they could have given as much info as I did, hence doing more research before second interview (and they never even asked that question)

As for more details on the role, I doubt if you will get them in the second interview as there are a number of different roles they are trying to fill and based on how your interview goes they then decide which of the roles you are best suited for if any. Waiting on confirmation email with more details now :D:D

hi,

just as a matter of interest what area are you qualified in degree wise?

One question, did the people who didn't get past the first interview get notification that they weren't going on to the next stage?

hi,

just as a matter of interest what area are you qualified in degree wise?

Completely unrelated to banking lol.. I have an hons B.A. plus an additional childcare qualification and an ECDL..

Im assuming that your degree is more linked to the work you will be doing hence the 30,000pa or are you doing shift work?? One poster did say there was additional bonuses for doing shift work. Hope Im not being too nosey. You can PM me if you'd rather not say here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

what kind of situations?

Give it a rest please, you've made your point more than enough.

bget wrote: »
    Completely unrelated to banking lol.. I have an hons B.A. plus an additional childcare qualification and an ECDL..

Im assuming that your degree is more linked to the work you will be doing hence the 30,000pa or are you doing shift work?? One poster did say there was additional bonuses for doing shift work. Hope Im not being too nosey. You can PM me if you'd rather not say here

I think those of us working in sandyford can all expect to be working shifts and saturdays, those that get ballsbridge i dont believe thats the case. My degree is nothing to do with banking either, but i have experience prior to this role.

Is anybody living outside dublin and planning to commute?

I asked on the phone would my position be daytime hours and was told it would be. After that i dont know..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

If I am successful, I would rather not get a job in Sandyford. That'd be quite a trek for me. I missed a call today and I have a feeling it might have been AIB.

• Advertisement

If it was AIB and they didnt leave a message Im sure they will call back.. not too much of a trek for me.. Im only in Drumcondra, so bus to town then Luas out

Any word on signing of contracts? I know someone had mentioned that they intend to get that all done before Christmas. I am employed at the moment and have promised my employer I will stay until just after Christmas. I am showing my inexperience here as I don't know if I can sign a new contract while still employed?

Tbh I'm not too sure about that.. If I had to guess Id suggest that it might be ok as I think the start date AIB are looking at is early Jan which Im sure will be stated on the contract so Id imagine you'd be fine to sign it when your still in employment.. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.. Or if you are on good terms with your current boss they might be able to tell you.

I guess all will be revealed soon. I got a place in Ballsbridge!

mtnh wrote: »
    I guess all will be revealed soon. I got a place in Ballsbridge!

what sort of job did u get?

Did anyone get a second interview lined up? :) I'm out of the running, obvs, just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vinny18

Did anyone get a second interview lined up? :) I'm out of the running, obvs, just curious!

They (my interviewers) told me that it would most likely be Friday by the time they confirmed who got a second interview because they had interviews up until Thursday. Then the second one would be early the next week.

vinny18 wrote: »
    They (my interviewers) told me that it would most likely be Friday by the time they confirmed who got a second interview because they had interviews up until Thursday. Then the second one would be early the next week.

They worded it to me as "feedback will be on Friday" as they knew at that stage that I'm a fulltime student. :)

How did you find the interview? I thought it was quite full-on!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vinny18

They worded it to me as "feedback will be on Friday" as they knew at that stage that I'm a fulltime student. :)

How did you find the interview? I thought it was quite full-on!

I found the interview to be ok, I didnt think it was a formal as I had thought it would be! There was a bit of joking and it was very conversational when I was talking about what I had done in my previous job. They seemed very interested in getting to the finer details.

Some of the questions were quite though though

• Advertisement

vinny18 wrote: »
    I found the interview to be ok, I didnt think it was a formal as I had thought it would be! There was a bit of joking and it was very conversational when I was talking about what I had done in my previous job. They seemed very interested in getting to the finer details.

Some of the questions were quite though though

They were very friendly, which was nice, but were definitely intent on getting down to brass tacks! :)

I've never before had my competency answers delved into, questioned and examined so much. But it was great practice.

Advertisement