Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

Dani13xxx wrote: »
    I missed a phone call this morning at around 12 from a private number and was thinking this could be in relation to the aptitude test i sat yesterday. I am not sure however if they would call on private?

Doubt it was them, and even if it was, they would have left a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vinny18

I missed a phone call this morning at around 12 from a private number and was thinking this could be in relation to the aptitude test i sat yesterday. I am not sure however if they would call on private?

Hey, They just rang me there about half an hour ago on private number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dani13xxx

Did they ring to say you did or didnt get it?

Maaan, if I don't pass this aptitude test, I'll seriously be questioning my brain's ability. No call OR missed call for me today. :(

Has anyone got an interview lined up yet?

I'd be a tad gutted if I failed the aptitude test, I've always done well in them.

I came straight from college so was dressed down, that might not have helped either!

• Advertisement

Did they ring to say you did or didnt get it?

They rang to say I got it

Interview, baby. ;)

Was told I scored very highly, and was asked about salary expectations, how would it fit in with college and why I want to work for them in the phone call! Not expecting it to be so in depth, tbh!

But yay, interview! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nalsa

Interview, baby. ;)

Was told I scored very highly, and was asked about salary expectations, how would it fit in with college and why I want to work for them in the phone call! Not expecting it to be so in depth, tbh!

But yay, interview! \o/

Well done! Wat number did they ring you off, private?

Not a private number for me. Others received calls on private numbers. Prob depends on who rings you, some might have their phones on private, some not.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DoctorDre

Anyone had an interview for the branch banking jobs? Wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the role or the interview? Thanks

• Advertisement

And to add to this, the phone call was my alarm clock this morning so I had a big groggy head on me answering the questions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

And to add to this, the phone call was my alarm clock this morning so I had a big groggy head on me answering the questions. :pac:
    did you do aptitude test for contact center or bank branch?

so did they call you for an interview? do you know when the job starts?

(I am still waiting for the call after the second interview)

did you do aptitude test for contact center or bank branch?

so did they call you for an interview? do you know when the job starts?

(I am still waiting for the call after the second interview)

I did the support centre aptitude test. He said a mid-January start. But bear in mind I haven't had an interview yet, you're way ahead of me in the process. :) But yeah, I got offered the first interview, early next week.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Worked there for a few months.

Hi duffman, what hours where the different shifts? Was it just 9 to 5 or where there later ones? Was it all weekday work or was there weekend work too? There's just a few of us on the thread who seem to be wondering about this.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any idea on the pay and benefits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the_shark

Got the phonecall this evening,interview early next week.brought the phone with me everywhere all day and of course they rang while I was on the toilet !

the_shark wrote: »
    Got the phonecall this evening,interview early next week.brought the phone with me everywhere all day and of course they rang while I was on the toilet !

Ha! :D As long as there was no, erm, noises, I'd say you were grrraaaand. Did they ask you any questions or indicate how your test went? Or just notify you of the interview? Just trying to read my call. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 the_shark

Ha! :D As long as there was no, erm, noises, I'd say you were grrraaaand. Did they ask you any questions or indicate how your test went? Or just notify you of the interview? Just trying to read my call. :)

Awkward! Em just salary expectations,how much notice I'd need to give current employer and the year I graduated.

Awkward! Em just salary expectations,how much notice I'd need to give current employer and the year I graduated.

Same as me so! I haven't had the interview time confirmed yet, must find out tomorrow.

Same as me so! I haven't had the interview time confirmed yet, must find out tomorrow.

Yeah im in the same boat, they said id get an email confirming the time and location. Still waiting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

nope, nothing yet.
    I am dragging my phone everywhere but no call yet

Me too.. In my second interview last friday the two men who interviewed me said that HR SHOULD be in touch this week so they could get out contracts before christmas to start work on Jan 6th.. So if I dont hear tomorrow Im not completely ruling it out..

To anyone who mentioned being asked in what year did they graduate can I ask what year did ye graduate in.. Mine was quite a few years ago. But that was mentioned in my second interview and they seemed happy with the reasons I gave them about it..

Im trying not to get my hopes up. But The way Im kinda thinking is that they held another aptitude test after the one I did so they are obviously looking for quite a few staff and if I passed first interview and second went as well if not slightly better then I have a good chance.. I hope. Hope I hear soon, one way or another..

April if you want me to pm you some of the kinds of questions they asked at the interviews just let me know.. Thats no problem

vinny18 wrote: »
    Yeah im in the same boat, they said id get an email confirming the time and location. Still waiting though.

I'm gonna ring tomorrow if I don't get word, I assume we'll get an email tomorrow if the interview is Monday!

I'm gonna ring tomorrow if I don't get word, I assume we'll get an email tomorrow if the interview is Monday!

Thats exaclty the plan i had in mind too, i was thinking of waiting until about 4 o'clock and if i've not heard anything by then im ringing. Hate this waiting around

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nalsa

Priceless!! I missed a call from them and tried ringing back but couldn't get through. I'm thinking a toilet conversation was better than none at all!!

bget wrote: »
    Im trying not to get my hopes up. But The way Im kinda thinking is that they held another aptitude test after the one I did so they are obviously looking for quite a few staff and if I passed first interview and second went as well if not slightly better then I have a good chance.. I hope. Hope I hear soon, one way or another.

Not to sound airy fairy, but did you get a good feeling about the second interview?

My gut instinct has never been wrong about interviews. I've always known when I did get the job and when I didn't get it. What's your gut telling you?

Thanks for the offer on questions, but I think I have all the info I need, just need to prepare now! :)

I graduated in 2009, but am doing a pgdip this year.

nalsa wrote: »
    Priceless!! I missed a call from them and tried ringing back but couldn't get through. I'm thinking a toilet conversation was better than none at all!!

Sure, ring them early tomorrow, you've probably got an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

Just a word of warning folks, I left AIB earlier this year, after a few years in one of their call centres. I was'nt the only one who left, every day / week people are legging it. It's a damn hard, stressful job, repetitive & demanding. The people I worked with were lovely but management are total €&@?'s......and you are expected to perform at 110% efficiency & achieve impossible Stats. Every minute of your day is monitored & observed & the customers can be nasty, coz they hate banks. I started with a group of 15 and only 2 of us were still there within 2 years. There was a huge amount of absenteeism due to stress related illness & there are absolutely NO perks, not even a diary. QFA fees are only refunded if you pass them and they can and do dismiss people for failing them. Wages are basically on a par with the average factory rates, it's dog-eat-dog with people always watching their backs. Most people hate working there, but need the money. I was lucky I got another job, and I had to adjust to being treated with respect and manners in it, after spending so long been treated like a dog in AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

April, I felt much happier leaving the second interview than I did with the first. I feel like I did enough but I really dont know. Two things Im taking as good signs are 1) the interview flew by was in 40 mins and felt like about 10 and 2) at the end one of the interviewers said there are other questions we could ask but you've demonstrated the skills in the examples you've already given us. I really feel like I should be ok and should have done enough but I just really dont want to get my hopes up ya know. One of the interviewers was lovely, really chatty and friendly but the other was very quiet so was hard to get a gauge on what he was thinking.. time will tell I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

sing_dumb wrote: »
    Just a word of warning folks, I left AIB earlier this year, after a few years in one of their call centres. I was'nt the only one who left, every day / week people are legging it. It's a damn hard, stressful job, repetitive & demanding. The people I worked with were lovely but management are total €&@?'s......and you are expected to perform at 110% efficiency & achieve impossible Stats. Every minute of your day is monitored & observed & the customers can be nasty, coz they hate banks. I started with a group of 15 and only 2 of us were still there within 2 years. There was a huge amount of absenteeism due to stress related illness & there are absolutely NO perks, not even a diary. QFA fees are only refunded if you pass them and they can and do dismiss people for failing them. Wages are basically on a par with the average factory rates, it's dog-eat-dog with people always watching their backs. Most people hate working there, but need the money. I was lucky I got another job, and I had to adjust to being treated with respect and manners in it, after spending so long been treated like a dog in AIB.

I had a feeling this would be the case! Customers are never really going to appreciate banks calling them up begging for money.

Hopefully it will look good on the cv anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 AuntieMaggie

They just rang me, but I think I have failed the telephone interview :D I was not expecting that call at all and just went blank. Then managed to mumble something in pidgeon English. They said they would email me to inform if I was successful and got an interview but I won't hold my breath.

Advertisement