Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options
  • 18-11-2013 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently applied online for a job in 'AIB support centre' and to my delight I got called for an aptitude test last Friday.

omg it was an experience but by some stroke of luck I must have done something right because I called a call today for an interview on next Monday.. Which I am now panicking about majorly!! Was just wondering if anyone hows some tips for the interview. I have no experience in customer support which I assume is not a problem or I wouldn't have gotten called for interview but I don't know what to expect or what Kind of questions they are likely to ask.

I really want to do well and would appreciate any tips or advice anyone could give me..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Have you ever worked in any capacity in a call centre? Be it on the phones, tech, admin, sales; any knowledge at all of how it functions?

Just advise them that you are good at working in a high pressure envoironment. It's usually good craic in the centre, the first couple of weeks are usually rough, but once you get used to it you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭bget

Nope I never worked in anything like that at all unfortunately.. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RosemaryNorrby

Hi, I just got called to take the aptitude test on the 3 rd of December. Can you tell me what all ya had to do in the tests?.

Hey yea no problem.. happy to help

If you use this link it will bring you to practice questions that were exactly like what was on my aptitude test.

http://www.morrisby.com/pages/public/practice-questions.aspx

Tho I am led to believe that the aptitude tests can be different depending on what job you are applying for.

There are 6 sections. Before each section the HR person running the test will explain that section and get everyone to complete 4 or 5 practice questions then after the answers are given they make sure everyone understands what they have to do. 2 sections are 30 questions in 8 mins, 2 sections are 32 questions in 10 mins and 2 sections are 32 questions in 12 mins. DO NOT PANIC if you don't get a section finished. I did not get any of the 6 sections full completed and still done well enough to get called back.

My major tip would be don't be thinking about the time. Get the first 15-20 questions done right as they get harder as you go along and if you've rushed the first ones and made silly mistakes and then the latter ones are harder you risk not doing well. Slow and steady definitely the way to go. I will say I would be quite good at maths always have been but I found the second maths section very hard. When you look at the examples on the above link the second maths section contained the questions where there is 3 rows of 3 numbers and the number in the bottom right corner is missing.. They start ok but get VERY hard.

After that all I can say is good luck!!! hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

ok, so just got a call that i passed aptitude, and they are inviting me for an interview...the lady sad it will be a competence based one

so that is just a general type of interview right? (it is for a call center)

do you think i have to wear a suit?
    or a black pants, nice shirt/blouse/top and a jacket suit will be ok?

• Advertisement

I am reliably informed that a competency based interview is a specific interview style. My understanding of it is that the questions will be asked in a way which will prompt you to use real life scenario's from your past to demonstrate your competency in a particularly skill area but you will not necessarily know as you are answering the question what skill area they are looking at. I hope that makes sense... But I would recommend you to google competency based interviews. As for attire Im planning on grey pants and a blouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

Any idea what salary these roles are?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Worked there for a few months. Interview is really easy, simple questions all based on previous experience. Tell me about a time you worked well as part of a team etc. Interview was a lot more casual than I anticipated but def wear a suit or at least slacks and a shirt. Wage depends on what area your working in. Starts at 24k with up to a 20% shift bonus. Thats for the one in Naas, I know swords has shorter hours so I think the max shift allowance there is 12.5%

thanks

I was not aware that they don't have a support center in dublin
    I am not sure i could travel to swords every day

thank you so much
    anyhow

i think the idea of these new jobs is that they are opening more support centres in Dublin. Id say go to the interview and find out then where it is based because it was my understanding that the job would be based in Ballsbridge but Im not sure. Duffman, what kind of place is it to work? Good conditions?? are staff treated well etc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 thepoker5

Hi there,

I also got through to an assessment centre too for this job..Does anbody know the number of jobs going for this positon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

bget wrote: »
    i think the idea of these new jobs is that they are opening more support centres in Dublin. Id say go to the interview and find out then where it is based because it was my understanding that the job would be based in Ballsbridge but Im not sure. Duffman, what kind of place is it to work? Good conditions?? are staff treated well etc??

Hi the two centres especially the one in swords is no where near full capacity. They do have some support roles in bankcentre in Ballsbridge. I reckon there is only maybe 30 to 40 in there and they look after distressed loans etc. I left about 3 months ago and they were going in to overdrive on recruitment. They are ok to work for, money is decent with the shift allowance and they do train and develop staff. They also pay for QFA exams which can open some doors in the banking sector. The actual job itself can be quite tedious and repetitive but that comes with any support centre roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Where could I apply for this job?

Edit: Nevermind got it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Robby7788

Hi folks, I was searching the web to try get more information on this position as I've been asked to take an aptitude test and to my delight I found this forum :). So could anyone with experience answer a couple of questions for me thanks. 1. I'm currently attending college and I made that very clear in my online application and cv, so can this position be a weekend and evening thing or have they overlooked the fact that I'm still attending by mistake?? And 2. My degree is computer related not business or finance of any sort does that matter at all ? Thanks for your time :)

Not sure about you first question about whether its nights and/or weekend.. As for you degree tbh I dont think it matter. The job description says it entry level and my degree is in no way related to the banking sector. id advise you to go for the aptitude test and see if you get called for interview. If you do you can ask then about hours etc.. its worth a shot if you can make it at all with college..

And Duffman yea from the job description it did sound to me that it would be dealing with people who are having difficulties with loans, so it could very well be based in Ballsbridge. Thanks for the info.. :)

Not sure about you first question about whether its nights and/or weekend.. As for you degree tbh I dont think it matter. The job description says it entry level and my degree is in no way related to the banking sector. id advise you to go for the aptitude test and see if you get called for interview. If you do you can ask then about hours etc.. its worth a shot if you can make it at all with college..

And Duffman yea from the job description it did sound to me that it would be dealing with people who are having difficulties with loans, so it could very well be based in Ballsbridge. Thanks for the info.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

I got through to an interview too and that went well. Fingers crossed. I didn't ask about salary, working hours etc. so I have no clue on that front.

I just hope we don't have to go about hounding customers to repay their mortgages/loans if we are to get the job. I don't think I could handle that.

mtnh wrote: »
    I got through to an interview too and that went well. Fingers crossed. I didn't ask about salary, working hours etc. so I have no clue on that front.

I just hope we don't have to go about hounding customers to repay their mortgages/loans if we are to get the job. I don't think I could handle that.

hi
    I asked where the job is and it is in Ballsbridge, I asked about hours they didn't know.
    And I also hope the job isn't like this, cos that would be to stresfull and I really don't like these kind of jobs.
    And it begins on 6th of january

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alison7011

Hey there,

I also did the aptitude test last friday and have an interview tomorrow morning. What kind of questions did they ask in the interview?

just google competency based questions / interview
    I think i found AIB ones to.

anyone how many ppl they are hiring?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Would anyone mind posting the link to the ad for the jobs please?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭maneno

Stheno wrote: »
    Would anyone mind posting the link to the ad for the jobs please?

http://jobs.aib.ie/job/New-Ireland-Province-58-Debt-Recovery-Official/2799548/
    Good luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

maneno wrote: »

Thank you, it's for a friend, and I truly appreciate it :)

Anyone heard anything back?? Had my interview on Monday and thought it went well. They said second round interviews were on Wednesday and Thursday but Ive heard nothing one way or the other yet... I would have assumed that even if it was a no I would have been contacted, at least via email.

I git a call for a second interview. It will be on Thursday.
    Anyone know what's that one about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kitty07

Got a call this morning as well for Round 2 Interview, I was originally told last week by the girls in CPL that it was an informal chat but from what I was told this morning it sounds like a formal interview so I'm treating it as such. Just not sure what to prepare for it to be honest, any ideas??

I have no idea, I didn't even know it will be 2 rounds.
    Did they told you the time or will they send the email again, I hadn't had my phone when they called (my sister answered) but I think she sad they will send mail again with the details.

If anyone know about this interview please do tell us :)

Ye they just sent an e-mail confirming time and place, mines tomorrow as well.

I feel like I'm putting so much effort in for this and I don't even really know what the job is, they're being so vague about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Robby7788

Hi all,
    I've an aptitude test on the 3rd of December. However my phone has been getting fixed the past 3 days today including could anyone confirm if they contact you by mobile or email again with the specific details of the test and also has anyone heard as of yet ? Excluding the initial email which initially mentions the aptitude test. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Robby7788, they sent an e-mail to confirm the time and date of the Aptitude Test a few days before hand for me so I imagine it'll be the same for you.

Advertisement