Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Support Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dani13xxx

I am having so much trouble getting in contact wit HR after i received a missed call from a private number wednesday morning i assumed it was them but they still have not phoned back to say i have or have not got the interview.
    I managed to get in touch wit HR and they have said that they are still contacting people and interviews wont be held early next week as planned!
    I dont know how true this is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

They just rang me, but I think I have failed the telephone interview :D I was not expecting that call at all and just went blank. Then managed to mumble something in pidgeon English. They said they would email me to inform if I was successful and got an interview but I won't hold my breath.

That seems harsh! Are you sure they didn't say they WOULD be interviewing you, not letting you if you've got the interview? It's just, I rang there for a confirmation of time, and they said they were sending out the confirmation emails this evening.

April would you be able to give me the phone number to call as it seems to me that any number I ring the people really have no idea about how the process is working

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AuntieMaggie

That seems harsh! Are you sure they didn't say they WOULD be interviewing you, not letting you if you've got the interview? It's just, I rang there for a confirmation of time, and they said they were sending out the confirmation emails this evening.

No, they said they are shortlisting the candidates and would email me. No definite invitation for an interview was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vinny18

They have started to send out confirmation emails, just got one. Good Luck everyone!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 nalsa

I don't know if this is any use to anyone but if you applied on AIB site, which I assume most people did,if you log into your account and jobs applied - it gives your status. Mine says interview but also under review. I missed a call also so not sure what is going on at all.

Dani13xxx wrote: »
    I am having so much trouble getting in contact wit HR after i received a missed call from a private number wednesday morning i assumed it was them but they still have not phoned back to say i have or have not got the interview.
    I managed to get in touch wit HR and they have said that they are still contacting people and interviews wont be held early next week as planned!
    I dont know how true this is!

I'm just writing this from my crappy non smartphone right now as my internet is down but try contacting the person who rang you about the aptitude test, or someone else here might have a number you could call. It's definitely not true that interviews aren't happening early next week, I have an interview on Monday.

I checked online and it also says interview on mine but under review!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AuntieMaggie

nalsa wrote: »
    I don't know if this is any use to anyone but if you applied on AIB site, which I assume most people did,if you log into your account and jobs applied - it gives your status. Mine says interview but also under review. I missed a call also so not sure what is going on at all.

Thanks! I did not miss the call but my status is still under review as well. At least it's not dismissed :cool: Yet.
    I'm sure YOU'll be grand though. Just keep ringing them back, I guess. Someone will return your call eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kitty07

bget wrote: »
    Me too.. In my second interview last friday the two men who interviewed me said that HR SHOULD be in touch this week so they could get out contracts before christmas to start work on Jan 6th.. So if I dont hear tomorrow Im not completely ruling it out..

To anyone who mentioned being asked in what year did they graduate can I ask what year did ye graduate in.. Mine was quite a few years ago. But that was mentioned in my second interview and they seemed happy with the reasons I gave them about it..

Im trying not to get my hopes up. But The way Im kinda thinking is that they held another aptitude test after the one I did so they are obviously looking for quite a few staff and if I passed first interview and second went as well if not slightly better then I have a good chance.. I hope. Hope I hear soon, one way or another..

April if you want me to pm you some of the kinds of questions they asked at the interviews just let me know.. Thats no problem

Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat, waiting on a response from my 2nd interview. The two that interviewed me said it should be within a week and that they would advise HR to contact us within a week but you never know with HR, clearly they are busy if they're running more interviews. Still though was really hoping to hear this week, hopefully it might be today some time!! I just really hope it doesn't drag on too long!

• Advertisement

sing_dumb wrote: »
    Just a word of warning folks, I left AIB earlier this year, after a few years in one of their call centres. I was'nt the only one who left, every day / week people are legging it. It's a damn hard, stressful job, repetitive & demanding. The people I worked with were lovely but management are total €&@?'s......and you are expected to perform at 110% efficiency & achieve impossible Stats. Every minute of your day is monitored & observed & the customers can be nasty, coz they hate banks. I started with a group of 15 and only 2 of us were still there within 2 years. There was a huge amount of absenteeism due to stress related illness & there are absolutely NO perks, not even a diary. QFA fees are only refunded if you pass them and they can and do dismiss people for failing them. Wages are basically on a par with the average factory rates, it's dog-eat-dog with people always watching their backs. Most people hate working there, but need the money. I was lucky I got another job, and I had to adjust to being treated with respect and manners in it, after spending so long been treated like a dog in AIB.

Awww, I thought working in a call centre would be like a fairytale! :(:P:pac:

Anybody get a time and date for interview?

Dani13xxx wrote: »
    Anybody get a time and date for interview?

Was it confirmed that you got one in the end? :)

Yeah, I have my interview confirmed for Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 unclepaulie

anybody else get offered a job in sandyford today? got the call at around 4, 30,000pa.

anybody else get offered a job in sandyford today? got the call at around 4, 30,000pa.

30K? Seems a lot of a call centre job.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭maneno

30k?even the grad programme dont get that!you must be lucky

Well, I'll have to turn this down if I get offered it. Thrashed it out with my boyfriend tonight and realised that I won't be able to do college and a full-time job. But I'm gonna do the interview anyway, they're good practice, and you never know, if I impress, they might remember me. Not likely, but hey. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mtnh

Congrats. What will you be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 unclepaulie

anybody else get offered a job yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lenn

Hi, i was just wondering has anyone a copy of the job advert that they could post up or pm me? thanks

• Advertisement

lenn wrote: »
    Hi, i was just wondering has anyone a copy of the job advert that they could post up or pm me? thanks
    It's closed for applications, AFAIK.

Oh OK. Out of curiosity was this the job ad?

AIB Support Centre

AIB is expanding its support centre dedicated to the assistance of our customers who are in financial difficulty.

The role of the function is to engage with customers to try and find a solution to match their circumstances. We now have a large number of opportunities across several disciplines for motivated new or recent graduates who wish to develop a career in finance.

These are entry level positions but afford candidates the opportunity to achieve an insight into the arena of credit finance. There are both QFA and non QFA positions available. These positions are an excellent opportunity to join a leading financial services organisation based in Dublin.

The number of vacancies on offer means that a broad range of skills are required, including:

Analytics
    Decisioning
    Teamwork
    Communications
    Time management
    If you feel you have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and have an aptitude for problem solving and a strong results focus, why don’t you contact us in Dublin. A competitive salary in on offer to successful candidates.

That's the one!

Thanks April!

Best of luck tomorrow, y'all. I'm fairly relaxed about it now that I know I won't be to take the job even if I get an offer. Kinda crap, but I'm not superwoman, much as I wish I was. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Frankie22

Best of luck tomorrow, y'all. I'm fairly relaxed about it now that I know I won't be to take the job even if I get an offer. Kinda crap, but I'm not superwoman, much as I wish I was. :(

How did the interview go? I have mine tomorrow

Just back from the interview - it was so-so.

It started off badly, as I hadn't done enough research.

I cannot stress this enough: DO YOUR RESEARCH ON AIB! Have enough material researched to talk about them for at least 5 minutes. You might not need that much but have it done anyway. When I finished talking about AIB, they were like "Anything else?", I went blank. Awkward silence ensued.

It improved from there, competency questions are grrrraaand. Anyway, I won't get a second interview, as I found out today that, to the best of their knowledge, it's 9-5 so that rules me out. They said they'd give feedback to AIB. That might not happen, but kinda wish I had done better in case they do, and jobs become available around the time I'm finished my course.

Anyway, to sum up: DO YOUR RESEARCH! :)

Another thing- don't believe people here who are saying it's a grand, laid-back interview, a bit of a chat. It's fairly relaxed but make no mistake, it's a proper full-on interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

I cannot stress this enough: DO YOUR RESEARCH ON AIB! Have enough material researched to talk about them for at least 5 minutes. You might not need that much but have it done anyway. When I finished talking about AIB, they were like "Anything else?", I went blank. Awkward silence ensued.

Exactly do your research on AIB - Their management teams have been so incompetent that in the last 30 years they have went , not once , but TWICE (1985 and 2008) to the Irish government cap-in-hand looking for bail-out funds for flawed business strategies which they were following.

The Irish tax payer ended up paying for their arrogance.

No other bank in Ireland - in corporate history has had to get bailed out twice before.

arrogance + incompetence = AIB

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/columnists/dan-white/its-high-time-aib-learned-whos-boss-27929656.html

• Advertisement

jetsonx wrote: »
    Exactly do your research on AIB - Their management teams have been so incompetent that in the last 30 years they have went , not once , but TWICE (1985 and 2008) to the Irish government cap-in-hand looking for bail-out funds for flawed business strategies which they were following.

The Irish tax payer ended up paying for their arrogance.

No other bank in Ireland - in corporate history has had to get bailed out twice before.

arrogance + incompetence = AIB

http://www.herald.ie/opinion/columnists/dan-white/its-high-time-aib-learned-whos-boss-27929656.html

How... irrelevant to this thread and forum.

Advertisement